Author Topic: Ben “Ben” Davies signs for Liverpool  (Read 72697 times)

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ben “Ben” Davies signs for Liverpool
« Reply #200 on: February 3, 2021, 08:19:04 am »
He looks a lot like Bane's right hand man in the Dark Knight Rises. One for the lookalike thread  ;D

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
:D

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 3, 2021, 12:43:41 pm »
The Analysing Anfield podcast was good on him and Kabak. The comparison drawn was that Brighton got Adam Webster from Bristol City at a similar ability and age profile, and that he's thriving in that kind of setup, with them performing 3rd in all defensive metrics in the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFakBPfhnpU
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 3, 2021, 12:45:59 pm »
Got a feeling Robertson and Milner have a new friend ;D
I hope he likes custard creams.

Offline fiveways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #205 on: February 3, 2021, 05:30:13 pm »
I bet he's got a packet of Fishermen's Friend in his bag

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 3, 2021, 08:10:53 pm »
Klopp said he drove behind him to Anfield today, isn't sure if he knew the way or just followed him.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #207 on: February 3, 2021, 09:17:29 pm »
Welcome Ben.  Straight in the squad  8)

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2021, 09:27:49 pm »
Can we give the lad a run out? We’ll likely we be forced regardless.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2021, 09:31:04 pm »
Sheffield Utd next, you’d think a championship standard side would be an ideal introduction for a player from the Championship

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2021, 09:32:08 pm »
He's left, Kabak or Phillips is right, why not just give it a go

Online 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2021, 09:34:08 pm »
Sheffield Utd next, you’d think a championship standard side would be an ideal introduction for a player from the Championship

... for a team playing championship football

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2021, 09:49:15 pm »
Play him next to Phillips. Two proper defenders. Do they lack mobility and pure quality? Yeah. Will they fight? I think so, and they like to defend. Give it a go.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2021, 09:54:13 pm »
Play him next to Phillips. Two proper defenders. Do they lack mobility and pure quality? Yeah. Will they fight? I think so, and they like to defend. Give it a go.

We rarely have to defend though, when we do it is usually counter-attacks. Phillips showed how poor he is at defending counters today and is awful in possession. It has to be Davies and Kabak for me.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2021, 09:57:08 pm »
Well he’s gotta be starting now surely... or at least involved, we are back to what we were originally, only have 3 recognisable CB’s now who are not injured...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2021, 09:57:58 pm »
Maybe he is shit? Like maybe Klopp has seen him in training and thinks nah, this guy is shit.

I actually think he is alright. I have seen him play for Preston and think he is decent. But then my standards of assessing footballers is nowhere near as high as Klopp.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2021, 10:12:21 pm »
Think he must have had a knock or some other fitness issue, I don't quite get why we put Philips on when Hendo went off, considering Hendo played on the left.

Think half the bench aren't 100% and just there because we haven't got anyone else.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2021, 11:09:41 pm »
We rarely have to defend though, when we do it is usually counter-attacks. Phillips showed how poor he is at defending counters today and is awful in possession. It has to be Davies and Kabak for me.

Defending counters, or defending stupidly high up the pitch because we were chasing the game?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2021, 11:21:08 pm »
Defending counters, or defending stupidly high up the pitch because we were chasing the game?

We are meant to defend that high up the pitch. That is why we have front foot defenders.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2021, 03:40:13 pm »
Hopefully a full week on the training pitch and a start alongside Kabak or Davies against Sheffield United, with two out of those three playing at the back for the remainder of the season and Henderson/Fabinho back in midfield.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2021, 07:44:45 pm »
We are meant to defend that high up the pitch. That is why we have front foot defenders.

We need to rethink how we defend for the rest of the season, especially if we're not going to have Fabinho or Henderson in midfield.

We could even go to a back three. Three of Fabinho, Phillips, Kabak and Davies (or Henderson if he makes it back at all).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 07:46:27 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2021, 09:03:34 pm »
We need to rethink how we defend for the rest of the season, especially if we're not going to have Fabinho or Henderson in midfield.

We could even go to a back three. Three of Fabinho, Phillips, Kabak and Davies (or Henderson if he makes it back at all).

Not a bad shout, allow us to get the fullbacks high up the pitch again.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2021, 08:45:49 am »
Surely he and Phillips will be getting more games next to Kabak? Even if we decide to use Fabinho there, we have 5 games in the next 15 days and surely if we want to protect Fabinho from re-injury, he will need to be rested?

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2021, 08:56:14 am »
Be nice to see him get a run with Kabak although I have no Idea how good he is. I'd like to see Fab back in midfield.

Maybe him protecting the backline from midfield outweighs what we lose from him not being in the backline?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 24, 2021, 09:47:59 am »

I'd rather see Fabinho back in midfield. A back three of Phillips, Kabak, Davies would struggle because two of them are poor with the ball.

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2021, 10:37:41 am »
I want to see this guy play for us a few times before I even try to form an opinion, he seems a good kid (lol) with bags of talent so lets make the season interesting for all of us. Nothing to lose now, seems gung ho but is totally not. Was it Bob Paisley who said why make two changes when you only need to make one? Think it was a right back he was referring to. Instead of playing a midfielder or whatever to play a right back. CB is that example now. One change, train the player, imagine retraining a midfielder for sitting so far back in the CB position, the midfielders both Fab and Hendo... hey well done especially Fab, what a CB but I want him in midfield.
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2021, 11:01:48 am »
Klopp is probably considering his role. As player manager.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2021, 04:46:04 pm »
I'd rather see Fabinho back in midfield. A back three of Phillips, Kabak, Davies would struggle because two of them are poor with the ball.

Think Philips had 3 games for us, Kabak 2, and Davies none. How do you know two of them are poor with the ball?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2021, 05:07:05 pm »
He will get the nod soon whether we like it or not as who else do we have to play there. Personally we do need to harden up the middle of the team where we are soft right now as we are not going to win many games leaking 2 or 3 goals in a game. Play whatever centerbacks we have, play even three of them if we need to and drop one of the front three. We look most dangerous with balls over the top anyway so draw the opposition a little into our own half, keep the lines tight and pump the ball forward for Salah and Mane or Jota to take advantage of.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2021, 05:14:49 pm »
I want to see this guy play for us a few times before I even try to form an opinion,

It's a bold strategy etc etc
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 24, 2021, 06:15:25 pm »
Just play him and Phillips/Kabak or whatever

The point of repeating what we've been doing is beyond me now
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2021, 06:38:27 pm »
So is he injured again or what?  He can't be any worse than Williams.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2021, 06:44:41 pm »
For his sake I hope he is injured, If he is not then Klopp does not rate him at all.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2021, 06:46:33 pm »
So is he injured again or what?  He can't be any worse than Williams.

Maybe he isn’t very good  ;)

But honestly, no clue.  They have 2 goalies on the bench too don’t they? So there is room there!

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2021, 06:48:05 pm »
Maybe he isn’t very good  ;)

But honestly, no clue.  They have 2 goalies on the bench too don’t they? So there is room there!
Tbf, I fully expect two of our keepers to get injured tonight.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2021, 06:49:26 pm »
Tbf, I fully expect two of our keepers to get injured tonight.

:(  good point.

:P

Who’d be surprised at this point?  Goal posts will probably fall on Adrian, then the young Polish kid will trip over his laces running out onto the pitch.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #236 on: March 1, 2021, 04:30:18 pm »
Some cynical posters have suggested this lad was signed just to make a profit in the summer, and he’s not likely to kick a ball in anger for the first team.

I have to say I find that difficult to believe. The reports on him from a variety of sources who knew him suggested he had some qualities that meant his signing wasn’t just a spur of the moment thing.

So is he just suffering from minor injuries? If that’s the case, I’d like to think we will get a chance to see for ourselves whether he can play a part before the season finishes.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #237 on: March 1, 2021, 04:31:12 pm »
There was a report of a minor injury keeping him out, I think.  Didn't see a source on that though.

Just want to see him given a chance.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 1, 2021, 04:34:13 pm »
Some cynical posters have suggested this lad was signed just to make a profit in the summer, and he’s not likely to kick a ball in anger for the first team.

I have to say I find that difficult to believe. The reports on him from a variety of sources who knew him suggested he had some qualities that meant his signing wasn’t just a spur of the moment thing.

So is he just suffering from minor injuries? If that’s the case, I’d like to think we will get a chance to see for ourselves whether he can play a part before the season finishes.

I know having conspiracies about FSG and money and signings is a favourite passtime of some (usually social media based!) fans, but yeah, that is really pushing it.

The Athletic reporting that he does indeed have a ‘minor problem’, so that explains his absence. Otherwise, relatively confident saying that one of the two places the young goalies where taking would have gone to him!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #239 on: March 1, 2021, 04:39:02 pm »
I know having conspiracies about FSG and money and signings is a favourite passtime of some (usually social media based!) fans, but yeah, that is really pushing it.

The Athletic reporting that he does indeed have a ‘minor problem’, so that explains his absence. Otherwise, relatively confident saying that one of the two places the young goalies where taking would have gone to him!

If Matip didn't get injured against Spurs we wouldn't have signed anyone. Davies and Kabak were last minute panic buys as a result of that, we were working through the list of players on our radar.

Hopefully he can come in and make an impact, but he seems to have had fitness issues through February. Doesn't look like he'll feature at all this side of the international break.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season