Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 883733 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #5560 on: April 6, 2021, 12:36:37 am »
Here’s a question following Jack’s post - When Henderson is back does he go in the defense alongside Kabak? Or are we living and dying with Kabak and Phillips.

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5561 on: April 6, 2021, 01:56:49 am »
Here’s a question following Jack’s post - When Henderson is back does he go in the defense alongside Kabak? Or are we living and dying with Kabak and Phillips.

Be very interesting to see what happens with regards to this. Jurgen will have a massive call to make. Kabak and Nat seem to be playing well together the last few games and is it worth breaking that understanding up? Or do we need Hendo's leadership qualities and never say die spirit in the team? Tough call.
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5562 on: April 6, 2021, 01:58:13 am »
Him and Thiago in the midfield is an absolute treat. Total domination with the ball.

Be really exciting to watch these two against Kroos and Modric. What a battle it will be.
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5563 on: April 6, 2021, 10:24:48 am »
I know this is now received wisdom and is being repeated everywhere so its not about your post.... but its really being exaggerated at the moment
He's very good but when Henderson played as our 6 last season there wasn't a change in our perofmance levels - this is partly because Henderson still gets under rated as a 6 by almost everyone -but still we've been extremely successful without Fabinho in midfield

Think it goes back to the CL final of 2018. We couldn't get a hold of the game, and we got to that final from playing on the front. We got exposed in that final, Madrid had players in midfield who could slow it down, transition the ball quickly and were positional spot on. We were chasing shadows. We didn't have a Fabinho type player in the squad, and as you said, Henderson can do a good job but he's no Fab. The day after that final we bought Fabinho and we haven't looked back since. For me he adds that control in the middle of pitch which Gini, Henderson and Thiago can't bring to the table playing as a six.

I think we will see Henderson slot back into midfield, barring injuries.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #5564 on: April 6, 2021, 11:45:51 am »
In terms of Fabinho, do people think we need to strengthen in his position to provide back up for him or is there someone if the squad we feel can do it? Personally for me we need a new back up that is solely a CDM, preferably with long legs like our Fab 😂

Who out there could come in and play back up to him?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5565 on: April 6, 2021, 03:01:28 pm »
big match and performance from Stan tonight  :wave

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #5566 on: April 6, 2021, 04:07:28 pm »
In terms of Fabinho, do people think we need to strengthen in his position to provide back up for him or is there someone if the squad we feel can do it? Personally for me we need a new back up that is solely a CDM, preferably with long legs like our Fab 😂

Who out there could come in and play back up to him?

Henderson. Or if we could get him on the pitch you’d imagine Naby would work well with Thiago in a double pivot. I’d be throwing money at a proper attacking mid given the choice. Or maybe that’s Bobby and we go all out for a top striker.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5567 on: April 6, 2021, 10:17:11 pm »
Thought he was very poor shielding the defence. That 3rd goal was very poor and he looked extremely leggy

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5568 on: April 6, 2021, 10:20:03 pm »
It was bizarre all round in the midfield, Keita on the right, rather than Gini for a bit more protection, Fabinho pressing as high as their box on a couple of occasions.

Was like an FA Cup thrown together midfield display.
AHA!

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5569 on: April 6, 2021, 10:24:43 pm »
That was the worst I've ever seen him play. Didn't break up play nearly as much as usual and played some terrible passes.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #5570 on: April 15, 2021, 12:03:38 am »
Was I the only one watching the Madrid game thinking.. 'make this guy the highest paid player and give him a new contract'.

I honestly think he is incredible and if he were to leave we would seriously struggle to replace him. Even with oil money.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5571 on: April 24, 2021, 02:18:44 pm »
Best yellow card ever  ;D

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5572 on: April 24, 2021, 02:24:34 pm »
Play him in midfield FFS
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5573 on: April 24, 2021, 02:26:25 pm »
Play him in midfield FFS

clearly no other option good enough, or that the manager trusts to play in defence, people honestly think he does it for a laugh?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5574 on: April 24, 2021, 02:28:16 pm »

clearly no other option good enough, or that the manager trusts to play in defence, people honestly think he does it for a laugh?
Play Ben Davies, we can’t exactly do any worse can we.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 03:39:24 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5575 on: April 24, 2021, 02:32:03 pm »
The CB situation is colossal mismanagement from the higher ups. Just unbelievably bad. And sticking Fabinho back there doesn’t work because we don’t have a 6 when we do. Ends up ruining defence and midfield.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5576 on: April 24, 2021, 03:20:26 pm »
He was trying to play both defense and midfield because Thiago was on his own. Managed to do a half decent job of what was an incredibly difficult task. Can't wait to have him back in midfield even if the season is effectively over.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5577 on: April 24, 2021, 03:56:59 pm »
Funny how the two games hes played in defence, weve drawn and when played in midfield before that, we were on our best run

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5578 on: April 24, 2021, 06:05:03 pm »
Funny how the two games hes played in defence, weve drawn and when played in midfield before that, we were on our best run

Came in to say the same. No coincidence. I think even Klopp himself said it in a post match interview after he was fucking excellent in a game in midfield. Losing our defence and midfield by that one change.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5579 on: April 24, 2021, 07:46:16 pm »
He'd be OK at CB if Hendo was in front of him, but without Hendo it's like we shot ourselves in both feet.

Brilliant yellow card though!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #5580 on: April 24, 2021, 09:57:54 pm »
It’s not a coincidence that we look so weak in midfield and defence without him actually shielding the back 4. Would rather we played Adrian at centre back if it meant keeping Fabinho in midfield. By playing him in the defence we weaken both our midfield who don’t have the ability to tackle and shield and the defence who lack the protection he offers. Was amazed the amount of chances Newcastle created today.

If he was in midfield the last 2 game, we probably come away from both with maximum point. Thought klopp had given up the experiment of gini shielding the back line.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5581 on: May 9, 2021, 06:33:16 pm »
So we recently won three games in a row with him as DM, then drew two games in a row against Newcastle and Leeds with him as a CD.

Returns to DM against Southampton and we’re back to winning ways.

Coincidence? Maybe but I’ll shows that you need to look lay your best players in their best positions.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5582 on: May 9, 2021, 06:40:44 pm »
Maybe but I’ll shows that you need to look lay your best players in their best positions.

Glorious typos, Funky... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5583 on: May 9, 2021, 07:26:53 pm »
Typed with iThumbs on an iPhone?

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #5584 on: May 9, 2021, 07:36:37 pm »
So we recently won three games in a row with him as DM, then drew two games in a row against Newcastle and Leeds with him as a CD.

Coincidence? Maybe but I’ll shows that you need to look lay your best players in their best positions.

assuming you have players available
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5585 on: May 9, 2021, 07:41:45 pm »
It’s not a coincidence that we look so weak in midfield and defence without him actually shielding the back 4. Would rather we played Adrian at centre back if it meant keeping Fabinho in midfield. By playing him in the defence we weaken both our midfield who don’t have the ability to tackle and shield and the defence who lack the protection he offers. Was amazed the amount of chances Newcastle created today.

If he was in midfield the last 2 game, we probably come away from both with maximum point. Thought klopp had given up the experiment of gini shielding the back line.

Thin is Gini played amazing when we put him in defence  :o
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #5586 on: May 9, 2021, 07:43:58 pm »

Most likely coincidence. Our midfield was pretty bad yesterday, and if not for Alisson we would have likely dropped points.

Ofcourse he is a top DM and an average CB, but we don't really have a choice against an attack like Uniteds when the alternative is Rhys Williams.
True North Strong

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5587 on: May 9, 2021, 07:44:51 pm »

We miss him immensely in midfield, but I think Phillips was missed at the back in those games as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5588 on: May 9, 2021, 08:12:32 pm »
If Kabak is not fit for thursday, Fabinho will be nailed on to drop back into defence. With Milner and Keita out, probably means Jones slots back into midfield - or - Klopp throws a mad one and plays all four forwards. Did it away to City so might just give it a go
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5589 on: May 9, 2021, 09:15:22 pm »
Friggin predictive testicles.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5590 on: May 9, 2021, 09:17:16 pm »
Most likely coincidence. Our midfield was pretty bad yesterday, and if not for Alisson we would have likely dropped points.

Ofcourse he is a top DM and an average CB, but we don't really have a choice against an attack like Uniteds when the alternative is Rhys Williams.
Why would you blame the midfield for us conceding shots on goal? Personably I thought most of the chances we conceded were through Rhys Williams poor defending/positioning.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5591 on: May 14, 2021, 12:31:48 pm »
Should never start at cb again. Would rather play the ghost of Crazy Horse in defence if it means keeping Fab in midfield.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5592 on: May 14, 2021, 04:32:32 pm »
His role yesterday in protecting Rhys and Nat, who were both rightly praised for their performances, goes a bit unappreciated. It's unprovable and it's hindsight, but has we played with natural CBs earlier in the season when Hendo got injured, I think we'd have had 4th place wrapped up by now. I'd take Fabinho as a CB with Hendo in front ahead of Rhys-Nat though.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5593 on: May 14, 2021, 04:48:21 pm »
His role yesterday in protecting Rhys and Nat, who were both rightly praised for their performances, goes a bit unappreciated. It's unprovable and it's hindsight, but has we played with natural CBs earlier in the season when Hendo got injured, I think we'd have had 4th place wrapped up by now. I'd take Fabinho as a CB with Hendo in front ahead of Rhys-Nat though.
Once again...you don't think, perhaps, that the totally inexperienced 'natural CBs' needed time to be coached and trained and to learn to play together and get up to a point where they could form a partnership together at such a high level, despite minimal experience, and not get totally tonked? And that to achieve this Fab and/or Hendo needed to deputise in defence for a while, whatever the cost to midfield?

Perhaps if we had thrown the 'natural CBs' in together from the start of the injury crisis, we 'd have conceded 4, 5 goals a game, ruined those players totally forever and had even more of a mare of a season than we actually have had.

Perhaps, just perhaps, Klopp knew what he was doing and the RAWK brains trust hadn't, in fact, seen something that he had missed...

The lack of thought evident in this place, in favour of 'shoulda done...' posts is dispiriting
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5594 on: May 14, 2021, 04:51:47 pm »
As I said, mate, unprovable and in hindsight. Just my feeling. That transition is not sharp and I thought there were several games we should have used Rhys, for example. Both Rhys and Nat have been with us training forever and know the style. Kabak was another story.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5595 on: May 14, 2021, 05:03:59 pm »
As I said, mate, unprovable and in hindsight. Just my feeling. That transition is not sharp and I thought there were several games we should have used Rhys, for example. Both Rhys and Nat have been with us training forever and know the style. Kabak was another story.
But knowing the style is one thing; being ready to suddenly drop in and create a functional partnership consiting entirely of inexperience, in some cases with no senior CB at all on the pitch is another. If Klopp had done that and the poor lads had been obliterated game after game we'd have still been without Virgil and Joe and Joel, but would now have young CBs with no confidence whatsoever.

The problem is that people see a game like last night, in the middle of May, and see that Nat and Rhys did very well away at the Old Trafford and immediately think they could have been that good right at the start. No, the reason why they were great last night is because they weren't thrown into the deep end alone and unprotected right at the start.

Everyone agrees that Fab being out of midfield was bad for the team. But some don't see that it was necessary to begin with. Often in life, and sport, you just have to go through the process, however painful it is at the time, to get the benefit later.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #5596 on: May 14, 2021, 06:01:55 pm »
Klopp is great, but hes not an oracle. Evidently he thought that our defence needed Fabinho more than our midfield did, which is a very reasonable assumption looking at the respective levels of experience. I think he got it wrong though.

Ah well, we should just enjoy this glorious footballer. Arguably the most elegant midfielder ever.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5597 on: May 14, 2021, 06:09:03 pm »
Klopp is great, but hes not an oracle. Evidently he thought that our defence needed Fabinho more than our midfield did, which is a very reasonable assumption looking at the respective levels of experience. I think he got it wrong though.
He didn't get it wrong.

Real management versus armchair management

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5598 on: May 14, 2021, 06:16:26 pm »
What a player.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5599 on: May 14, 2021, 06:19:13 pm »

Ah well, we should just enjoy this glorious footballer. Arguably the most elegant midfielder ever.

I know we all have a right to opinion and to criticise, but nope, not got a whole lot of time for fans saying a manager and coach like Jürgen Klopp ‘got it wrong’.

I guess you can say though there may be no right or wrong, we just have to look at the thread last night before the game, for the dread many had at the prospect of Williams playing vs the likes of Rashford and Cavani and wanting Fab in defence. I certainly did, until it dawned on me that half our midfielders where also injured.

He made tough choices in this most difficult of seasons, and we where not privy to all of what was going on in training to help him make those decisions on who to play or not, and where to play them.  We really have no idea as fans on the outside looking in.  Sure they all didn’t work, but there was no ‘wrong’ about it. Plus there’s games such as the one vs Madrid where Fabinho was poor, so it was never a case of him being in midfield was the cure-all, it was never that easy.  But yes, he’s a fantastic player, and hopefully next season these decisions won’t have to be made.