Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12264858 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #105520 on: December 10, 2022, 12:40:49 pm »
Chelsea were literally banned from signing players because of their activity at Academy level. They had the situations with Kakuta and Mikel. They were launching dirty money all over the place, breaking rules, and when they got found to be breaking rules they used more dirty money to get themselves out of it.

'Every big club throws money at young players' doesn't cut it. Just because we spent big on Sterling, and a few others, doesn't mean that it has been, or is, a level playing field. If anything thats an annoying example of what we could have done if we'd had the same advantages as a club having a dirty Russian war mongering gangster backing them. Sterling came from London to join us.

Can’t argue with that but it’s coaching and location also, what money did they throw at Musiala for him to turn into one of the best youngsters to come of England, he joined the club at 8, so did the likes of Rice Mount James Abraham Hudson Odoi, they weren’t signed from other clubs for big big fees and wages like Doak or Sterling.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105521 on: December 10, 2022, 12:43:16 pm »
One player 12-13 years ago compared to a whole system devoted to it  ;D

Most of their top players you know know of joined the club at 6-12, James joined them at 6, Musiala at 8 it’s not as easy as just throwing big fees at players, a lot of these players are being educated at Chelsea academy from ground up, it’s only some that come for big fees after the ages of 13-14 and a long way into their development, but that’s a select few, most of their successes we know have been at the club prior to these ages.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #105522 on: December 10, 2022, 01:09:41 pm »
Most of their top players you know know of joined the club at 6-12, James joined them at 6, Musiala at 8 it’s not as easy as just throwing big fees at players, a lot of these players are being educated at Chelsea academy from ground up, it’s only some that come for big fees after the ages of 13-14 and a long way into their development, but that’s a select few, most of their successes we know have been at the club prior to these ages.

And they have a much bigger population to choose from. And parents know there is no expense spared there. And parents know if their kid is even somewhat decent they will get paid handsomely in their teens. And this leads to parents being more likely to choose Chelsea over say West Ham/Fulham.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #105523 on: December 10, 2022, 01:29:14 pm »
Can’t argue with that but it’s coaching and location also, what money did they throw at Musiala for him to turn into one of the best youngsters to come of England, he joined the club at 8, so did the likes of Rice Mount James Abraham Hudson Odoi, they weren’t signed from other clubs for big big fees and wages like Doak or Sterling.

I mean again…chucking fuck tonnes of money at loads of 11 year olds when other clubs can’t is barely different to doing it to 18 year olds or 23 year olds. Sterling was practically a first team signing, it wasn’t paying relative megabucks to 11/12 year olds to join their Academy over other clubs. It’s not a coincidence that they all joined the Chelsea Academy in 2004 or 2005
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105524 on: December 11, 2022, 05:28:39 pm »
I just noticed our next u-18 game is against Bournemouth in the Youth cup on Thursday dec 22nd no other days they could of picked then?!

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105525 on: December 11, 2022, 08:17:29 pm »

Arsenal have Charlie Patino, Ethan Nwaneri Myles Lewis Skelly, Amario Duberry and Brooke Norton Cuffey. Chelsea have Mendel Idowu, Michael Golding, Kiano Dyer Leo Castledine, Lewis Hall, only know Kobe Mainoo for United, but Arsenal and Chelsea players I’ve seen them some of them at close range.

Clark, Doak, Trent Kone Doherty would be our comparisons but they all came here after 16, one of them having already played for the first team. Tyler Morton would probably the best of the ones we’ve produced ourselves recently, I like Young and Oakley too, but not on the level of the 3 others who came from other clubs.

Who would you say for us?
Watch out for Shea Lacey at United. Looks a player. A Liverpool lad from a family of Liverpool supporters and his brother played for Liverpool with flanagan and coady. But this kid plays for united.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105526 on: December 11, 2022, 08:21:09 pm »
Watch out for Shea Lacey at United. Looks a player. A Liverpool lad from a family of Liverpool supporters and his brother played for Liverpool with flanagan and coady. But this kid plays for united.

I'd find it very difficult as a scouse red to ever play for that lot. Honestly not sure I could, knowing full well how vile their fan base is towards us. There would be obvious financial benefits if I made it into the first team, but no, no I don't think I could.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 08:23:23 pm by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #105527 on: December 11, 2022, 09:13:09 pm »

I watched a podcast with his brother was on. He got a bad injury when he was about 15 and was out for a year which stalled his progress relative to Coady and Flanagan.

His Dad gave him a lot of bad advice.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #105528 on: December 11, 2022, 10:04:03 pm »

Ethan Ennis left us for the mancs. Was looking like he’d be a player whenever he played for us. Seems like he had a tough start with them last season but ended up the season in great form then started this season pretty well too but torn his ACL not long ago.

So if this Lacey kid is Liverpool fan then surely we’d be putting the feelers about before he signs his first pro contract with them.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105529 on: December 11, 2022, 10:28:15 pm »
I just noticed our next u-18 game is against Bournemouth in the Youth cup on Thursday dec 22nd no other days they could of picked then?!

The game is 2pm so doesn't clash with the City game.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105530 on: December 13, 2022, 02:44:27 pm »
I watched a podcast with his brother was on. He got a bad injury when he was about 15 and was out for a year which stalled his progress relative to Coady and Flanagan.

His Dad gave him a lot of bad advice.
Reading between the lines his dad has a grievance with LFC and took his flesh and blood to Yernited in revenge  ;)

Off topic a bit but it seems strange that so many of the UK's most promising talents end up losing years of development time, and often their careers, to bad injuries in their early to mid teens.  Just the nature of the beast or something inherently wrong with the development pathways?

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105531 on: December 13, 2022, 03:19:12 pm »
Reading between the lines his dad has a grievance with LFC and took his flesh and blood to Yernited in revenge  ;)

Going off what I read about him and his brother, his dad sounds a bit of a knob. Probably after money.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105532 on: December 22, 2022, 09:08:50 am »
Youth cup game Vs Bournemouth is on LFCTV today, kickoff at 2pm

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #105533 on: December 22, 2022, 11:31:08 am »
Very nice little compilation of Tyler Morton at Blackburn so far.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Lj9wH2QYC8c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Lj9wH2QYC8c</a>
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105534 on: December 22, 2022, 01:14:07 pm »
Youth cup game Vs Bournemouth is on LFCTV today, kickoff at 2pm

The #LFC U18 team to face Bournemouth in the FA Youth Cup.

XI: Hewitson; Davidson, Scanlon, Miles, Lucky; Laffey, Pilling; Kelly, Danns, Gift, Young

Subs: Trueman, Samuels, Gyimah, Giblin, Pennington, Pitt, Ahmed.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105535 on: December 22, 2022, 02:25:17 pm »
Is the youth game on lfc tv? I put it on (via stream) and have Pep’s pre City presser
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #105536 on: December 22, 2022, 02:29:17 pm »
Is the youth game on lfc tv? I put it on (via stream) and have Pep’s pre City presser

Yes it is on LFC TV. Not very inspiring though :)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #105537 on: December 22, 2022, 02:33:24 pm »
It's on Bournemouth's YouTube channel.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #105538 on: December 22, 2022, 02:34:59 pm »
No Doak in the squad...

Could be in line to make the squad for the seniors tonight

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105539 on: December 22, 2022, 02:36:14 pm »
It's on Bournemouth's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOkvfenmhoU

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aOkvfenmhoU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aOkvfenmhoU</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105540 on: December 22, 2022, 02:36:18 pm »
No Doak in the squad...

Could be in line to make the squad for the seniors tonight

With the lack of options in the wide areas I think he'll make quite a few squads over the coming weeks.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105541 on: December 22, 2022, 02:48:02 pm »
Definitely think Doak will be in the squad for quite a few games until the end of the season. Think he was on the bench for Southampton and he obviously impressed off the bench against Derby. Bit of a difference in the opposition tonight but imagine he'll be on the bench again, and if he gets any more minutes in upcoming games I'd fancy him to look sharp enough to carry on making the bench. We've got the Wolves cup game coming up too and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some minutes there.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105542 on: December 22, 2022, 02:49:28 pm »
1-0 at half time to the reds, Danns the scorer

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #105543 on: December 22, 2022, 02:55:17 pm »
Weakened team out. Scanlan at LB the most eye catching for me

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105544 on: December 22, 2022, 03:37:52 pm »
Ahmed makes it 2-0 with just over ten minutes to go. Bournemouth had all the possession in the 2nd half but not really created a good chance. Should be game over.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #105545 on: December 22, 2022, 03:39:12 pm »
Liverpool are Ahmed and dangerous!

(I also groaned)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #105546 on: December 22, 2022, 03:47:14 pm »
Nice big black screen on my TV for a good few minutes, quality has been shocking all game.
AHA!

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105547 on: December 22, 2022, 04:13:50 pm »
Ahmed makes it 2-0 with just over ten minutes to go. Bournemouth had all the possession in the 2nd half but not really created a good chance. Should be game over.
Gets a five-for on his test debut and a goal on his U18 debut. What a week!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105548 on: December 22, 2022, 04:17:25 pm »
Already been anointed the "Egyptian Prince".  ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105549 on: December 22, 2022, 05:23:59 pm »
Yes, worth noting he's still only 15 and has been in the Egyptian youth set ups, had only heard of him earlier so nice to see him make an impact. Team seemed a bit weak so I'm guessing injuries over the break etc and maybe just a chance to rotate against a weaker side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105550 on: December 22, 2022, 05:44:37 pm »
I only caught the second half so solid rear guard effort or under the cosh and lucky to scrape thru.Do wish they'd stick the names on these lads shirts,tough trying to figure out who's who.Port Vale in the next round.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105551 on: December 22, 2022, 11:24:35 pm »
Weakened team out. Scanlan at LB the most eye catching for me
He didn't have the best game. Gonzalez tormented him all game.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #105552 on: December 23, 2022, 12:14:03 am »
He didn't have the best game. Gonzalez tormented him all game.

I disagree
As did the lfctv commentator
And although gonzalez appeared dangerous and everything went through
Him he scored no goals and didn’t create anything really
And scanlan bombed forwards well too

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105553 on: December 23, 2022, 11:53:23 am »
Well if a lfctv commentator said it! :-) You don't have to score or assist to have tormented your opponent and given Bournemouth are a team from the Youth Alliance League you wouldn't expect either situation.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #105554 on: January 7, 2023, 09:55:18 am »
Havent been following the U18 or U23....how are the midfielders we have (not on loan) been this season?. Is Mabaya still being played as a RB or midfielder?

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #105555 on: January 7, 2023, 03:07:12 pm »
Havent been following the U18 or U23....how are the midfielders we have (not on loan) been this season?. Is Mabaya still being played as a RB or midfielder?

Dunno about the rest but Morton has been decent at Blackburn, if inconsistent.  Showed real glimpses of quality, but reading their forums, I don't think the Blackburn fans are convinced by him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105556 on: January 7, 2023, 03:41:02 pm »

Mabaya has been out injured for what seems like ages.I thought Balagizi would get a shot at first team but that loan and injury has probs set him back.Been so long since the u-21's played i forget the line up,but they play Spurs tomorrow so we'll see who shows up for a game then!U-18's lost this morning at home to Blackburn 2-3 and have a youth cup game at Port Vale midweek.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105557 on: January 8, 2023, 11:59:05 am »
Makes sense Jones wasn’t in the squad as he’s starting for the under 21s today.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #105558 on: January 8, 2023, 12:00:38 pm »
Makes sense Jones wasn’t in the squad as he’s starting for the under 21s today.

Is the game on anywhere do you know?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105559 on: January 8, 2023, 12:02:33 pm »
Is the game on anywhere do you know?

Thought it was on LFCTV but it’s not, don’t think it’s on anywhere else either.