Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12294189 times)

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #105480 on: December 3, 2022, 03:05:15 pm »
Not going well for this team at the moment,gave up trying to get a second half stream.4-0 final score.

Half the team were U16's and Sunderland are top of the league.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #105481 on: December 3, 2022, 03:16:52 pm »
Don't think any of the starters were u16s

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105482 on: December 3, 2022, 06:04:07 pm »

There were a few 16 year olds but losing 4-0 and 4 straight defeats,pretty fair description of not going well at the moment ?

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105483 on: December 3, 2022, 10:20:19 pm »
Don't recognize any of the kids from today's U18 game. Wonder if some of the better prospects are joining the first team on the plane to Dubai tomorrow/Monday.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #105484 on: December 4, 2022, 03:12:26 am »
I don’t look at results at youth level. Only talent

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105485 on: December 5, 2022, 03:55:56 pm »
I don’t look at results at youth level. Only talent

Out of the team that played against Sunderland who do you think has the most potential.I've not seen much of this lot?

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #105486 on: December 5, 2022, 04:02:26 pm »

Out of the team that played against Sunderland who do you think has the most potential.I've not seen much of this lot?
me personally I haven’t watched youth football since I was a youth. In sterling era. So I couldn’t tell you one player. Sorry

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #105487 on: December 6, 2022, 10:28:19 am »
Dubai squad:

Adrian, Kelleher, Davies, Mrozek, Pitaluga, Salah, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott, Tsimikas, Ramsay, Robertson, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Phillips, Gordon, Keita, Matip, Gomez, Jota, Arthur, Diaz, Thiago, Firmino, Chambers, Quansah, Clark, Frauendorf, Stewart, Doak, Cain, Corness.

Plenty of kids going
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #105488 on: December 6, 2022, 11:17:05 am »
Is Gordon available now, or is he just continuing his rehab over there?  Jota is going too, but he's not going to be ready till next year.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105489 on: December 6, 2022, 11:19:53 am »
No sign of Musialowski who I understand is a bit out of favour at the moment. Did a bit of digging and found this from three weeks ago.

It'd be a shame if he doesn't fulfil his potential.

https://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,65080,29136387,mateusz-musialowski-zagral-tak-ze-w-liverpoolu-nie-wytrzymali.html

Google Translate:

Musiałowski's excitingly promising career seems to be slowing down. In the youth team of Liverpool, the Pole played only 350 minutes this season. Jurgen Klopp no ​​longer invites him to training as often as before. Back in April 2021, he had him take the ball and swing with Trent Alexander-Arnold to prepare the Englishman for playing against Real Madrid 's Vinicius in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

"At first glance, he is a phenomenal football player, but with each subsequent look, his shortcomings are noticed. He delights in short videos that become viral, but matches do not last several dozen seconds," wrote Dawid Szymczak in September on Sport.pl.

ournalists in the UK seem to see the same thing. Musiałowski played for the Liverpool U-21 team in a friendly international tournament. His team won against Dinamo Zagreb 2:0. According to the English, this match was a kind of "interrogation" for Musiałowski. And it probably did not turn out the best, since the paragraphs devoted to the Pole were entitled "Malowski's misfortune".

The 19-year-old has drawn attention since joining the Reds' academy in 2020, seeking to live up to his moniker 'Polish Messi'. While there were some great moments up front, finding repetition proved to be a stumbling block. Musialowski too often tried to measure with several Dinamo Zagreb players voluntarily, but to little effect, resulting in cries of 'Matty!' from frustrated members of the coaching staff standing on the sidelines," reports a journalist from the local website liverpoolecho.co.uk.

his relationship coincides with what one of the people close to the club from Anfield said in an interview with Sport.pl. “At the academy they are annoyed by his many losses and his attitude in games and training. Wandering around, lack of commitment to defense and not fulfilling tactical tasks. The reserves are already the vestibule of adult football, and Musiałowski is not ready for it yet.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #105490 on: December 6, 2022, 11:28:27 am »
"The reserves are already the vestibule of adult football."

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #105491 on: December 6, 2022, 12:47:07 pm »
Dubai squad:

Adrian, Kelleher, Davies, Mrozek, Pitaluga, Salah, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott, Tsimikas, Ramsay, Robertson, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Phillips, Gordon, Keita, Matip, Gomez, Jota, Arthur, Diaz, Thiago, Firmino, Chambers, Quansah, Clark, Frauendorf, Stewart, Doak, Cain, Corness.

Plenty of kids going

5 Goalies going???

Any info about Corness?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #105492 on: December 6, 2022, 03:25:42 pm »
"The reserves are already the vestibule of adult football."

;D
Guess all that lobbying paid off
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #105493 on: December 6, 2022, 04:42:02 pm »
Guess all that lobbying paid off

The reserves are back up on their porch...

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105494 on: December 7, 2022, 01:04:13 am »

Who knows I’m not excited about our homegrown youth(not the ones we buy from other clubs) when I compare it to our other top 6 rivals.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105496 on: December 7, 2022, 06:57:05 am »
Who knows I’m not excited about our homegrown youth(not the ones we buy from other clubs) when I compare it to our other top 6 rivals.
Who are the stand outs at the other clubs?

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105497 on: December 7, 2022, 09:23:43 pm »
Who are the stand outs at the other clubs?

Arsenal have Charlie Patino, Ethan Nwaneri Myles Lewis Skelly, Amario Duberry and Brooke Norton Cuffey. Chelsea have Mendel Idowu, Michael Golding, Kiano Dyer Leo Castledine, Lewis Hall, only know Kobe Mainoo for United, but Arsenal and Chelsea players I’ve seen them some of them at close range.

Clark, Doak, Trent Kone Doherty would be our comparisons but they all came here after 16, one of them having already played for the first team. Tyler Morton would probably the best of the ones we’ve produced ourselves recently, I like Young and Oakley too, but not on the level of the 3 others who came from other clubs.

Who would you say for us?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105498 on: December 7, 2022, 09:54:36 pm »
Arsenal have Charlie Patino, Ethan Nwaneri Myles Lewis Skelly, Amario Duberry and Brooke Norton Cuffey. Chelsea have Mendel Idowu, Michael Golding, Kiano Dyer Leo Castledine, Lewis Hall, only know Kobe Mainoo for United, but Arsenal and Chelsea players I’ve seen them some of them at close range.

Clark, Doak, Trent Kone Doherty would be our comparisons but they all came here after 16, one of them having already played for the first team. Tyler Morton would probably the best of the ones we’ve produced ourselves recently, I like Young and Oakley too, but not on the level of the 3 others who came from other clubs.

I think Chambers could easily be playing at level similar to Hall and Norton-Cuffy, though only really basing that against their performances in the Euro's this summer. 

Mabaya could be an interesting midfield option for someone, less excited by him as a right back, but seems how we want to play him. I really like Davies, if he gets the chances he could end up being similair to Kelleher. Balagizi and Quansah I'd expect to have Championship+ level careers as well from the more established players. From the new u18s I've been impressed with Giymah, remembered him looking a bit shaky coming in last season as an u16, but looked a lot more composed this year. I thought Onanuga looked an exciting prospect against United, interested to see how he does with more minutes.

We could definitely do better with recruiting/training wide forward types like Kane-Doherty and Doak from younger down. I can't really remember any stand outs since the Wilson/Kent days. Jones I guess but he was always more a Coutinho type playing there.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105499 on: December 8, 2022, 11:03:51 am »

We just do things differently. Our way is to look at under 18's from other clubs that we feel have a chance of making it with us and buy them. Elliott and Clark are prime examples of that.

We aim for the best under 18's that are available. It's low risk and the player is closer to be older enough to sign professional full terms with us.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #105500 on: December 8, 2022, 11:15:27 am »
It would be nice if we could produce a few more of our own without having to nab players from other clubs. Whatever we were doing when we produced, Fowler, Owen, Carra, McManaman & Gerrard has been sadly lost.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105501 on: December 8, 2022, 11:24:49 am »
It would be nice if we could produce a few more of our own without having to nab players from other clubs. Whatever we were doing when we produced, Fowler, Owen, Carra, McManaman & Gerrard has been sadly lost.

Not really. Trent, Jones have come straight through the ranks recently.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #105502 on: December 8, 2022, 11:28:51 am »
Not really. Trent, Jones have come straight through the ranks recently.

Trent is the only one I considered a success, so far. That's one in how many years now?... Jones needs to do much, much more, before he's even considered alongside the names I mentioned, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2022, 11:31:00 am by Solomon Grundy »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105503 on: December 8, 2022, 11:46:46 am »
Its a much more competitive environment to get kids in now, that's all. That Charlie Patino, Arsenal paid £10k for him when he was ELEVEN. I dont think there's particularly a lower quality of player coming through, its just that we now have to compete with far more clubs than when God/Owen/Stevie etc were coming through, when it was essentially us or Everton. Plus they've all got agents from a young age telling them they're the shit and should be playing first team football at 16/17.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105504 on: December 8, 2022, 11:52:27 am »
We just do things differently. Our way is to look at under 18's from other clubs that we feel have a chance of making it with us and buy them. Elliott and Clark are prime examples of that.

We aim for the best under 18's that are available. It's low risk and the player is closer to be older enough to sign professional full terms with us.
The two best acadmey players we've had under Klopp came through the acadmey. We don't really do anything different to other clubs. city, Chelsea and United have been recruiting heavily 14-17 aged players as well.

Jones has played over 80 games for us during a period where we've been one of the best clubs in the world. That's a massive success for the acadmey.

Producing that amount of acadmey talent over a short period (Gerrard, Carragher, Owen) Isn't normal. Look at the other top academies and who have they produced over the say last 5 years
Foden, Rashford, James, Mount, Saka. Is there anyone else currently who you'd say has played regularly at a high level for their club and/or International sides with them? Probably missing an obvious one or two. Chelsea had one of the most dominante acadmey sides ever over a 5 year period and got like 2 starters and maybe 2/3 squad players out of it.  Some of that's down to bad management of them, but I wouldn't be expecting any acadmey to produce multiple players who play as much as say Trent and Foden have for us and City. The talent is just so spread out amongst academies now, clubs can buy just about any player they want to fill gaps in their squad.

The acadmey is doing well if it can keep producing players at say Neco Williams level, can be squad filler at the top and maybe more if we drop down a couple years, and occasionally a Trent or Jones who you'd expect more of.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2022, 12:05:45 pm by Chris~ »

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105505 on: December 8, 2022, 12:48:13 pm »
The two best acadmey players we've had under Klopp came through the acadmey. We don't really do anything different to other clubs. city, Chelsea and United have been recruiting heavily 14-17 aged players as well.

Jones has played over 80 games for us during a period where we've been one of the best clubs in the world. That's a massive success for the acadmey.

Producing that amount of acadmey talent over a short period (Gerrard, Carragher, Owen) Isn't normal. Look at the other top academies and who have they produced over the say last 5 years
Foden, Rashford, James, Mount, Saka. Is there anyone else currently who you'd say has played regularly at a high level for their club and/or International sides with them? Probably missing an obvious one or two. Chelsea had one of the most dominante acadmey sides ever over a 5 year period and got like 2 starters and maybe 2/3 squad players out of it.  Some of that's down to bad management of them, but I wouldn't be expecting any acadmey to produce multiple players who play as much as say Trent and Foden have for us and City. The talent is just so spread out amongst academies now, clubs can buy just about any player they want to fill gaps in their squad.

The acadmey is doing well if it can keep producing players at say Neco Williams level, can be squad filler at the top and maybe more if we drop down a couple years, and occasionally a Trent or Jones who you'd expect more of.

Yeah it’s unrealistic to feel we can produce some of the greatest players in English history all in 3-4 year time span consistently, it was a golden generation for that reason and United and Barcelona have struggled to replicate the same type of level of player coming through.

But in regards to Chelsea I think they are probably the one team who can, in the last 5 -7 years Reece James, Mason Mount, Musiala, Hudson Odoi, Gallagher, Broja, Tomori, Abraham Tariq Lamptey and Guehi have come through, that’s an insane level and amount of talent.

Wonder what they’re doing so different, I know they obviously spend money in recruiting youth players(we all do) but there must also be a high level of coaching taking place, I do remember the likes of Beale started there also, and the Kingston Epsom-Surrey catchment area is probably producing pound for pound the most talent in the country, of course Harvey Elliott is also from that area, as well as Musiala Odoi and couple of the Chelsea players I named.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105506 on: December 8, 2022, 12:52:52 pm »
Yeah it’s unrealistic to feel we can produce some of the greatest players in English history all in 3-4 year time span consistently, it was a golden generation for that reason and United and Barcelona have struggled to replicate the same type of level of player coming through.

But in regards to Chelsea I think they are probably the one team who can, in the last 5 -7 years Reece James, Mason Mount, Musiala, Hudson Odoi, Gallagher, Broja, Tomori, Abraham Tariq Lamptey and Guehi have come through, that’s an insane level and amount of talent.

Wonder what they’re doing so different, I know they obviously spend money in recruiting youth players(we all do) but there must also be a high level of coaching taking place, I do remember the likes of Beale started there also, and the Kingston Epsom-Surrey catchment area is probably producing pound for pound the most talent in the country, of course Harvey Elliott is also from that area, as well as Musiala Odoi and couple of the Chelsea players I named.

'We all do' doesnt really work when all of those players you mentioned would have joined the club when Abramovich was launching his filthy money all over the shop. Its not a particularly big stretch to think quite a few of those could have ended up at least at Arsenal, Spurs or West Ham if it had been a level playing field at the time.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105507 on: December 8, 2022, 12:53:50 pm »

London clubs have a huge advantage. Bigger area from which to pick the best players.

I think our academy is doing very well. We have developed quite alot of professional players & got decent fee's for quite a few.
Back from 2000-2015 we produced very little players at all
« Last Edit: December 8, 2022, 12:55:25 pm by MD1990 »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105508 on: December 8, 2022, 01:09:05 pm »

Musiala is definitely one I forgot about, but obviously didn't do it with Chelsea. Didn't really want to count players like Gallagher, Hudson-Odoi, Lotus Cheek, talented but obviously way off the impact of the likes of James and Mount (or Gerrard, Carragher, Owen had with us) and fall in to that kind of squad player status at the moment. They had a ridiculous amount of talent, but like I said above would only really put 2 in the bracket of say Trent and Foden, or Gerrard/Owen/Carragher, who were big parts of success for them. That just shows how hard it is to develop talent, predict how they'll do and get that all in a short period.

I wouldn't expect Chelsea to have anywhere near the amount coming through as they did in that 2014-2018 period where they won loads at u18 leve. Other London clubs must have reacted a bit in terms of grass roots recruitment/coaching and retaining players a few years back. They just aren't as dominante now.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105509 on: December 8, 2022, 01:41:00 pm »
5 Goalies going???

Any info about Corness?
4 in reality.  Pitaluga is injured so is with those doing rehab in warmer climate.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #105510 on: December 8, 2022, 02:54:27 pm »
Let's not forget that top class academy player Grassis Greenough who I believe always seems to play for one of the other side(s)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #105511 on: December 8, 2022, 02:58:36 pm »
Let's not forget that top class academy player Grassis Greenough who I believe always seems to play for one of the other side(s)

High level of turnover in our academy, several players being turfed out...

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #105512 on: December 8, 2022, 05:47:37 pm »
Surely population size is the biggest determining factor in the difference between how many 'true' academy graduates we and Chelsea produce.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #105513 on: December 8, 2022, 08:42:36 pm »
Surely population size is the biggest determining factor in the difference between how many 'true' academy graduates we and Chelsea produce.

A lot of competition in London though. 3 Premier League clubs just in West London. We have to compete with Everton as well for the best Merseyside players (they did get the likes of Rooney/Barkley/Gordon/Rodwell at least) or the Manchester clubs through the north west. London is more cosmopolitan as well which helps. A hell of a lot of talent comes through London which can be the difference between England being also rans and contenders (Saka, Kane, Sterling, Rice etc).

Chelsea for a long time have been very aggressive in signing the best players from other Academies as well from a young age. Even Mason Mount is from Portsmouth and signed him very young from there.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2022, 08:49:03 pm by Frostymo, laaaaa! »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105514 on: December 8, 2022, 09:58:51 pm »
A lot of competition in London though. 3 Premier League clubs just in West London. We have to compete with Everton as well for the best Merseyside players (they did get the likes of Rooney/Barkley/Gordon/Rodwell at least) or the Manchester clubs through the north west. London is more cosmopolitan as well which helps. A hell of a lot of talent comes through London which can be the difference between England being also rans and contenders (Saka, Kane, Sterling, Rice etc).

Chelsea for a long time have been very aggressive in signing the best players from other Academies as well from a young age. Even Mason Mount is from Portsmouth and signed him very young from there.

Well yes lots of competition, unless you're funded by a Russian gangster and willing to throw obscene amounts of money at players from a very young age. Negates the competition slightly.

Isn't this just what we're doing as well, we just seem to do it a bit further along in a young players' progression.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105515 on: December 9, 2022, 10:10:11 am »
Well yes lots of competition, unless you're funded by a Russian gangster and willing to throw obscene amounts of money at players from a very young age. Negates the competition slightly.

Isn't this just what we're doing as well, we just seem to do it a bit further along in a young players' progression.

It always just seems to be criticism doesn't it? :D

I wouldnt even compare us to Abu Dhabi or Chelsea (as they were) in terms of youngsters coming through, its well known how much money Chelsea were lobbing around at kids. Granted, its a wise place to lob money but still. Its no different to what they were doing for the first team, literally just stockpiling players. And as with the first team, they've had plenty of examples of players being fucked off or leaving of their own accord because they had so many players and then going on to better things (Musiala and Rice are two pretty good ones). But Nketiah, Brewster, Lamptey, Mepham, Ake, Cork and more.

I'd say we've done very well compared to our other 'rivals' considering how successful we've been. Arsenal and United have probably blooded more youngsters but then neither of them have done anything for over a decade. Since Klopp arrived we've got Trent in the first team, Jones and Kelleher in the squad, hot prospects like Doak, Gordon, Clark and Bajcetic pushing for a first team squad spot and then we've made a good lump of money from selling other youngsters (you've got to be looking at £100 million odd when you consider Brewster, Neco, Solanke, Wilson, Awoniyi, Ward, Ejaria etc).

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105516 on: December 9, 2022, 10:58:38 am »

Every big club throws big money at young players, we made Sterling the highest paid 16 year old in the country 12-13 years ago, at youth level is probably the one place we’re able to compete with big fees

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #105517 on: December 9, 2022, 11:22:57 am »

We actually had Gordon as a youth player.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105518 on: December 9, 2022, 11:25:03 am »
Every big club throws big money at young players, we made Sterling the highest paid 16 year old in the country 12-13 years ago, at youth level is probably the one place we’re able to compete with big fees

Chelsea were literally banned from signing players because of their activity at Academy level. They had the situations with Kakuta and Mikel. They were launching dirty money all over the place, breaking rules, and when they got found to be breaking rules they used more dirty money to get themselves out of it.

'Every big club throws money at young players' doesn't cut it. Just because we spent big on Sterling, and a few others, doesn't mean that it has been, or is, a level playing field. If anything thats an annoying example of what we could have done if we'd had the same advantages as a club having a dirty Russian war mongering gangster backing them. Sterling came from London to join us.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105519 on: December 9, 2022, 12:11:09 pm »

One player 12-13 years ago compared to a whole system devoted to it  ;D