Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3455407 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #65040 on: December 5, 2021, 04:46:28 pm »
Hasn’t been managed in the last 100 years, I won’t be holding my breath it’s coming anytime soon.

You asked for an alternative,I suspect that the brainwashed dipshits aside,there will be more for it than against & that's before they hear about the billionaires looking to build their own space stations.

Your reply sounds like we should all look the other way.

And the richest were always taxed high,it's only recently that they've gotten away with paying less than the guy who works in a factory.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65042 on: December 5, 2021, 05:07:50 pm »
There's nothing yet to suggest Omicron is going to start wiping out many more people. I genuinely think there's a lot of scaremongering this time - I've been double vaccinated and had covid already last month so I do take it seriously but this time I can't get on board with anyone saying let's have a lockdown. Masks are back in place mostly in supermarkets, transport etc from what I've seen. Not much else we can do - just use a bit of common sense where necessary.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65043 on: December 5, 2021, 05:18:07 pm »
There's nothing yet to suggest Omicron is going to start wiping out many more people. I genuinely think there's a lot of scaremongering this time - I've been double vaccinated and had covid already last month so I do take it seriously but this time I can't get on board with anyone saying let's have a lockdown. Masks are back in place mostly in supermarkets, transport etc from what I've seen. Not much else we can do - just use a bit of common sense where necessary.

Exactly the same was said last time,it's just like the flu people said,ignoring that the flu is also a killer.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65044 on: December 5, 2021, 05:30:08 pm »

Exactly the same was said last time,it's just like the flu people said,ignoring that the flu is also a killer.

Who's saying ignore it? Why would you put a lockdown in place when there's no evidence it's leading to severe disease or death in vaccinated people? It's crazy. We can't put a lockdown in place whenever a new variant is discovered.

Masks back in place, booster jab the fuck out of the nation and work from home where possible. Only things we can realistically do.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65045 on: December 5, 2021, 05:37:24 pm »
So, this pre-departure test...according to the government website, you need to do one, even if you recently had covid. They recommend doing a LFT in that case "because of the lower sensitivity" (!?). But from all that I've heard, you can still test positive on them for quite a while, maybe 3 months. So you can't return home for 3 months because you've just recovered from covid?

My lad had Covid late September and returned two negative PCR's on the 17th  October at Manchester Airport drive through and the other at Pafos on landing, plus a negative LFT on return,
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65046 on: December 5, 2021, 05:44:21 pm »

We also can't just lockdown every time there's a surge. As seen with the tragic circumstances with Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, lockdowns have secondary effects too and should only be used as a last resort. The strain on the healthcare system is not good, and only when the healthcare system looks like it may collapse should they be used. Modern medicine is amazing, but we haven't developed our hospitals or increased staff in them, which is a failure of Governmental policy.

It looks like Omricorn spreads like wildfire, so the key will to be slowing the spread down as quickly as possible. Really does feel like we're all gonna catch covid at some point this winter.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65047 on: December 5, 2021, 05:56:08 pm »
My lad had Covid late September and returned two negative PCR's on the 17th  October at Manchester Airport drive through and the other at Pafos on landing, plus a negative LFT on return,

A workmate of mine still had a positive LFT 4 weeks later, despite only having very mild covid. :-\
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65048 on: December 5, 2021, 06:00:38 pm »
There's nothing yet to suggest Omicron is going to start wiping out many more people.

Main issue now is down to timing and lack of evidence either way.  Some anecdotal news from SA suggests folk are suffering relatively ‘mild’ symptoms.  But in the absence of firm evidence in the context of a pandemic a reasonable approach is to err on the side of caution. 

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65049 on: December 5, 2021, 06:05:08 pm »
Main issue now is down to timing and lack of evidence either way.  Some anecdotal news from SA suggests folk are suffering relatively ‘mild’ symptoms.  But in the absence of firm evidence in the context of a pandemic a reasonable approach is to err on the side of caution. 

Caution can't mean a lockdown though surely. Millions of people's livelihoods at stake.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65050 on: December 5, 2021, 06:08:19 pm »
Who's saying ignore it? Why would you put a lockdown in place when there's no evidence it's leading to severe disease or death in vaccinated people? It's crazy. We can't put a lockdown in place whenever a new variant is discovered.

Masks back in place, booster jab the fuck out of the nation and work from home where possible. Only things we can realistically do.

"People were saying"  :-X

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65051 on: December 5, 2021, 06:09:47 pm »
We also can't just lockdown every time there's a surge. As seen with the tragic circumstances with Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, lockdowns have secondary effects too and should only be used as a last resort. The strain on the healthcare system is not good, and only when the healthcare system looks like it may collapse should they be used. Modern medicine is amazing, but we haven't developed our hospitals or increased staff in them, which is a failure of Governmental policy.

It looks like Omricorn spreads like wildfire, so the key will to be slowing the spread down as quickly as possible. Really does feel like we're all gonna catch covid at some point this winter.

My point isn't about what to do now because the time to act was fucking ages ago & yes,then we should've shut the border to all but essential travel and locked down.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65052 on: December 5, 2021, 06:17:58 pm »
Caution can't mean a lockdown though surely. Millions of people's livelihoods at stake.

Don’t think there’ll be a full ‘lockdown’ anyway.  Whether or not sufficient control measures are invoked is also open to question under this administration.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #65053 on: December 5, 2021, 07:13:10 pm »
Lockdown?

Can the NHS cope? Yes or no. 

That will be the test of a lockdown.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #65054 on: December 5, 2021, 07:37:10 pm »
For anyone still giving credence to his daily blogs, here’s Dr Campbell today on the SA experience (he thinks, notwithstanding the heightened incidences of Omicron’s contagiousness, the news is essentially good:

https://youtu.be/1Paq17X6ucQ
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65055 on: December 5, 2021, 08:31:59 pm »
Seems to be pointing towards really positive news, even with massive rates of infection. In fact, the irony is that the massive rate of infection is the good news, at least so far.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65056 on: December 5, 2021, 10:58:04 pm »
Comirnaty is a mash up of community and mRNA …useless factoid of the day there

Sounds very much like illuminati, that will drive up the tin foil hats brigade

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #65057 on: December 5, 2021, 11:17:56 pm »
You asked for an alternative,I suspect that the brainwashed dipshits aside,there will be more for it than against & that's before they hear about the billionaires looking to build their own space stations.

Your reply sounds like we should all look the other way.

And the richest were always taxed high,it's only recently that they've gotten away with paying less than the guy who works in a factory.

It’s not about looking the other way, I just don’t have faith it can be changed any time soon. I don’t want to go too far off topic but you only have to look at Brexit to see how far people can be lead by the richest. Create an imaginary bogeyman (usually immigrants of one kind or another), point at them and tell everyone that’s your enemy while the people doing the pointing have the other hand in your pocket emptying your wallet. Oldest trick in the book and one that still works.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65058 on: December 5, 2021, 11:22:42 pm »
Lockdown?

Can the NHS cope? Yes or no. 

That will be the test of a lockdown.

The NHS isn't coping now
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65059 on: December 5, 2021, 11:28:35 pm »
The NHS isn't coping now
Hmm… yes, but it’s not utterly collapsing.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65060 on: December 5, 2021, 11:31:04 pm »
Seems to be pointing towards really positive news, even with massive rates of infection. In fact, the irony is that the massive rate of infection is the good news, at least so far.

Yes that’s great and really positive news hopefully, with any luck it points towards a good outlook going forward!

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65061 on: December 5, 2021, 11:33:16 pm »
Yes that’s great and really positive news hopefully, with any luck it points towards a good outlook going forward!
Err…..no.

We’re not back to square one, and vaccination will help loads…. But we’ve got a really bad January and February coming up.
W

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65062 on: December 6, 2021, 03:21:18 am »
Meant to be going to Cape Verde next week. Really torn as to whether to try and cancel or not - prospect of getting stuck on the red list is not enticing.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65063 on: December 6, 2021, 11:44:37 am »
Meant to be going to Cape Verde next week. Really torn as to whether to try and cancel or not - prospect of getting stuck on the red list is not enticing.
Postpone. I’m currently stuck in a quarantine hotel at enormous expense; don’t take the risk is my advice.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65064 on: December 6, 2021, 11:50:00 am »
Err…..no.

We’re not back to square one, and vaccination will help loads…. But we’ve got a really bad January and February coming up.

Always the party pooper! ;D

Personally I disagree. I think it is positive news if there is a chance that the mutation has less severe symptoms and if so and that became dominant that would indeed be a good outlook, compared and being relative to now of course, not in terms of a world before covid. All speculative though so far.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #65065 on: December 6, 2021, 12:23:59 pm »
Omicron could cause issues though even if symptoms are generally less severe, if we get very rapid spread and a large number of people are susceptible.

Good thread on it here.

https://twitter.com/JamesWard73/status/1467628403553615885

Still a lot we don't know but from the way things are trending it kind of feels like we need Omicron to be substantially less severe to avoid serious issues on this.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65066 on: December 6, 2021, 12:59:12 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65067 on: December 6, 2021, 01:15:08 pm »
Err…..no.

You do know people need positivity to justify the holidays they want to go on next year. How dare you spread your negativity!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #65068 on: December 6, 2021, 01:18:15 pm »
You do know people need positivity to justify the holidays they want to go on next year. How dare you spread your negativity!

A weird, yet not surprising, way for you to shoehorn some dig about holidays in.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65069 on: December 6, 2021, 01:20:25 pm »

I trust your passport lies in a bin bag somewhere in a thousand pieces?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #65070 on: December 6, 2021, 01:22:27 pm »
Surely a name change to killer holidays is on the way, what with it being the festive season.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65071 on: December 6, 2021, 01:26:53 pm »
I trust your passport lies in a bin bag somewhere in a thousand pieces?

Not quite, but its not been used since Summer 2019 and is very likely not being used until Summer 2022 at the absolute earliest.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2021, 01:30:05 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65072 on: December 6, 2021, 02:08:21 pm »
Not quite, but its not been used since Summer 2019 and is very likely not being used until Summer 2022 at the absolute earliest.

When was the last time you've seen a member of your family?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65073 on: December 6, 2021, 02:15:54 pm »
Omicron could cause issues though even if symptoms are generally less severe, if we get very rapid spread and a large number of people are susceptible.

Good thread on it here.

https://twitter.com/JamesWard73/status/1467628403553615885

Still a lot we don't know but from the way things are trending it kind of feels like we need Omicron to be substantially less severe to avoid serious issues on this.

Yes for sure. I have very little knowledge on the whole compared with some, but hearing from some experts I thought the ideal situation would be for a mutation that only had minor symptoms like that of a cold virus. So if it has even slightly lower symptoms than Delta that spread like wild fire also then hopefully it will do less damage than feared. Still time before we know that though. 

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65074 on: December 6, 2021, 02:22:41 pm »
Yes for sure. I have very little knowledge on the whole compared with some, but hearing from some experts I thought the ideal situation would be for a mutation that only had minor symptoms like that of a cold virus. So if it has even slightly lower symptoms than Delta that spread like wild fire also then hopefully it will do less damage than feared. Still time before we know that though. 

Long-term, yes, that will be the preferred outcome. Then we could "just get ill" the same way we do with other mild viruses.

Right now though, it would still cause a lot of problems - if its highly transmissable, lots of people will get it at the same time, and miss work, kids miss school, etc. And because we can't easily tell if somebody had a milder or more serious strain, we'd still need to do a lot of testing, isolation, etc. Also even a mild illness can kill somebody with a weak immune system or just somebody frail.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65075 on: December 6, 2021, 02:32:56 pm »
The three times I've done something overly sociable without masks this year - two gigs and my work's Christmas do at what was essentially a nightclub, I've come down feeling awful the next day and for at least a week or two.

Sore throat, dry cough, achy muscles, headache, etc. I took a PCR all three times and they've come back as negative, but it's now getting to the point where I'm wondering what the fuck's going on with my immune system... It's not like I've been a hermit during this whole thing. I've had to get the tube and go to work plenty of times over the last couple of years, it's just mixing in very large crowds that seems to be ruining me every time.

Considering flu and other viruses are outcompeted by COVID, it's just very strange that I'm getting all the symptoms of COVID but it turns out to just be some other bug. I feel fucking awful each time so I wouldn't risk my chances with COVID to be honest...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65076 on: December 6, 2021, 02:39:27 pm »

Thats far too early by your logic.

Mine has been used and we had a wonderful time in the sun in October  :wave  ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #65077 on: December 6, 2021, 03:21:19 pm »
The three times I've done something overly sociable without masks this year - two gigs and my work's Christmas do at what was essentially a nightclub, I've come down feeling awful the next day and for at least a week or two.

Sore throat, dry cough, achy muscles, headache, etc. I took a PCR all three times and they've come back as negative, but it's now getting to the point where I'm wondering what the fuck's going on with my immune system... It's not like I've been a hermit during this whole thing. I've had to get the tube and go to work plenty of times over the last couple of years, it's just mixing in very large crowds that seems to be ruining me every time.

Considering flu and other viruses are outcompeted by COVID, it's just very strange that I'm getting all the symptoms of COVID but it turns out to just be some other bug. I feel fucking awful each time so I wouldn't risk my chances with COVID to be honest...

We had 18 months of very little mixing, lockdowns etc etc.  At that time we had very few bugs, colds, viruses doing their rounds.  Now we've got these 'super' colds, coughs and other viruses everywhere with little immunity towards them.  I know a couple of people who have had covid recently and had mild symptoms, but have felt bloody awful with other cold like viruses in the last few months. 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #65078 on: December 6, 2021, 05:02:17 pm »

Yeah, whenever I do anything at the weekend I feel run down the next week. Usually though it ends up being like a cold that doesn't come out properly, so my immune system working to some degree. Multi vitamins seem to help.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65079 on: December 6, 2021, 07:18:13 pm »
51459 new cases and 41 deaths today