Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1366377 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #3000 on: January 12, 2019, 05:28:48 pm »
I heard on Sky that he looked as though he was having to go off, but stayed on. What was the story?

He picked up an injury in warm up but was cleared by the doctor to play after he said he'd be okay, according to the manager.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3001 on: January 12, 2019, 06:25:06 pm »
Having Trent in our team is the equivalent of having a young Steven Gerrard playing at right back. He will be a very very special player for us going forward (and I'm using the word forward in every sense of the word).
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #3002 on: January 12, 2019, 06:47:53 pm »
Really strange with him today. Seems Milner was warming up after a few minutes and then sat down, then after 15-20mins they said Firmino told the bench Trent couldn’t continue. Strange but delighted he isn’t injured.

Thought he had a good game. A few passes astray in the first half which I attributed to his impending substitution but it never came.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3003 on: January 12, 2019, 06:57:39 pm »
The lad is special on the ball,still overhits his crosses sometimes but overall great technique and could have had an assist today too.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3004 on: January 12, 2019, 07:00:27 pm »
The lad is special on the ball,still overhits his crosses sometimes but overall great technique and could have had an assist today too.

Great ball in on his left. Would have been a lovely goal from Shaqiri with a slightly better contact

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3005 on: January 12, 2019, 07:25:37 pm »
Hoping playing hasn’t aggregated his ankle.
I'd hope his ankle is aggregated! Wouldn't work too well if all the bits fell apart. ;D ;)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3006 on: January 12, 2019, 07:27:49 pm »
I'd hope his ankle is aggregated! Wouldn't work too well if all the bits fell apart. ;D ;)

Maybe he'll put three or four ankles together...

Mult-ankle...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3007 on: January 12, 2019, 07:45:10 pm »
Maybe he'll put three or four ankles together...

Mult-ankle...

FFS!

SPELLCHECK ;D

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3008 on: January 12, 2019, 11:11:40 pm »
"In this moment I just wanted to test his resolve. The result was euphoria, boom...."

Interesting comments from Klopp.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3009 on: January 13, 2019, 12:10:31 am »
"In this moment I just wanted to test his resolve. The result was euphoria, boom...."

Interesting comments from Klopp.
Very!  Sounds like the physios checked over whatever he'd done and decided it was painful but wouldn't impact his performance nor be aggravated by playing.  Some degree of bruising, as a complete shot in the dark.

I'm pleased for Trent that he passed the test.  Primarily because he played a big part in the win but also because it hopefully heads off the nonsense of "FFS KLOPP LOANS CLYNE OUT AND NOW GOMEZ AND TAA ARE INJURED!!!  AND WE ONLY STARTED THE SEASON WITH FOUR SENIOR CBS!!!  WHY HASN'T HE BEEN SACKED YET???"

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3010 on: January 13, 2019, 03:16:04 am »
FFS!

SPELLCHECK ;D
;D I do it all the time too. No worries, I knew what you meant. :thumbup
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3011 on: January 13, 2019, 07:24:32 pm »
Great ball in on his left. Would have been a lovely goal from Shaqiri with a slightly better contact
Most of his best crosses of late have been with his left foot, which will make it real hard for defenders, as they are going to be unsure which way he's going to take the ball.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3012 on: January 13, 2019, 07:50:00 pm »
Trippier was poor again for Spurs today.  Selfishly I'd like Trent to stay as Trippier's England understudy for a while yet but it looks inevitable that he'll be the first choice right back imminently.

Not bad for a 20-year old.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3013 on: January 13, 2019, 08:59:32 pm »
Trent's brother and Marcus Rashford's brother were attacked at gunpoint in Manchester on Saturday. :o

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/marcus-rashford-trent-alexander-arnolds-13850290
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3014 on: January 13, 2019, 09:07:25 pm »
He's 2 months into his 20s and is expected to be perfect. He isn't. But he bloody well can be. Think he has to take all the plaudits for playing despite being injured.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3015 on: January 13, 2019, 09:09:03 pm »
Trent's brother and Marcus Rashford's brother were attacked at gunpoint in Manchester on Saturday. :o

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/marcus-rashford-trent-alexander-arnolds-13850290
Even more plaudits for playing through that.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #3016 on: January 15, 2019, 09:45:53 pm »
Out for at least two weeks now. Is this really happening? I was suspicious Clynes loan would come back to bite us. Can we get him back?

On bbc but not on our liverpoolfc website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46880117

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3017 on: January 15, 2019, 09:51:24 pm »
Out for at least two weeks now. Is this really happening? I was suspicious Clynes loan would come back to bite us. Can we get him back?

On bbc but not on our liverpoolfc website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46880117

Why? The manager has already indicated he is happy with what we've got, the injured players are starting to come back now. Clyne hadn't played in months and he had fallen behind other players in the queue as well. This does not change anything.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #3018 on: January 15, 2019, 10:05:58 pm »
In my opinion Clyne could still play in this role, i thought he still had a place. Other than Milner dropping back into this position, i don't know what other right back options we have. I mean im not sure the Wolves game was an example of our other right back options or not.

We now have Fabinho playing as a CB, potentially Milner playing as a full back and im hearing Gini might be out. So three midfielders not in midfield, only one true CB and limited full back options.

thats why i wrote ...

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #3019 on: January 15, 2019, 10:07:26 pm »
Plus i thought he played well against United. Last time i recall him playing.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3020 on: January 15, 2019, 10:08:54 pm »
In my opinion Clyne could still play in this role, i thought he still had a place. Other than Milner dropping back into this position, i don't know what other right back options we have. I mean im not sure the Wolves game was an example of our other right back options or not.

We now have Fabinho playing as a CB, potentially Milner playing as a full back and im hearing Gini might be out. So three midfielders not in midfield, only one true CB and limited full back options.

thats why i wrote ...

Camacho, Fabinho, Hoever
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #3021 on: January 15, 2019, 10:25:56 pm »
Don't get me wrong the lads did well against Wolves. Fabinho has a big margin on the other two, but you cannot take for granted experience which Clyne clearly had up to a point. He wasn't playing at all, so match experience of late was limited. I did rate him though and was worried we might need him in this campaign. Hoever is so young.

Can these lads play in the PL, i guess we are about to find out.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3022 on: January 15, 2019, 10:26:44 pm »
They aren't going to play unless Milner and Fabinho are injured, so really there isn't anything to find out in the next couple of matches

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3023 on: January 15, 2019, 10:31:56 pm »
i reckon Klopp feels that Camacho is ready and he looked it against Wolves. wouldnt surprise me if he came in

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3024 on: January 15, 2019, 11:11:50 pm »

thats why i wrote ...

I think it has mainly been done for Clyne's benefit though. In this instance Klopp thinks he has people better equipped to come in and do the job. You have to take into account how fit Clyne actually is, maybe he needs a run of games. He's had a frustrating time of it recently and to find he has dropped down the queue here, has maybe been bad for him, therefore he just needs to go somewhere else for now and start afresh. It's only a temporary measure as players are on their way back now, which would have knocked Clyne back even further.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3025 on: January 19, 2019, 08:35:35 am »
Paul Joyce on twitter

Trent Alexander-Arnold in advanced discussions on new contract to reflect his development with Liverpool and England. Positive talks and will become latest player to commit future to club.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3026 on: January 19, 2019, 08:36:31 am »
Another day, another excellent piece of news about a new contract. Well deserved... but we should probably get that Doherty chap from Wolves in for now until Trent’s ready

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1086533730246758401?s=21
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3027 on: January 19, 2019, 09:18:49 am »
Not worried about him moving on as just like Gerrard he’ll be here for hopefully most of his career. Deserves a new contract though, no better left back!

His long range passing is sublime.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #3028 on: January 19, 2019, 09:23:42 am »
Paul Joyce on twitter

Trent Alexander-Arnold in advanced discussions on new contract to reflect his development with Liverpool and England. Positive talks and will become latest player to commit future to club.
I’m sure he signed a new contract not so long back unless I dreamt that?!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3029 on: January 19, 2019, 09:28:43 am »
God news on all fronts for Trent in the last few days. Good lad!

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3030 on: January 19, 2019, 09:44:38 am »
I’m sure he signed a new contract not so long back unless I dreamt that?!

July 2017. Triggered a salary increase back in April 2018

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #3031 on: January 19, 2019, 09:54:00 am »
July 2017. Triggered a salary increase back in April 2018
Thank you. He deserves an improved longer term contract though. Lock him down - this kid is the future!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3032 on: January 19, 2019, 09:54:22 am »
Yeah signed a 5 year deal which ran until summer 22 with a salary bump after he his a certain amount of appearances by end of last season (to around £40k apparently).

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3034 on: January 19, 2019, 10:01:55 am »
Great news.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3035 on: January 19, 2019, 10:10:23 am »
Great stuff
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3036 on: January 19, 2019, 10:13:04 am »
Ten Daleks signs again!

Hurrah!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3037 on: January 19, 2019, 10:13:50 am »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3038 on: January 19, 2019, 10:18:48 am »
Having a world-class RB for the next decade sorted?

Not a bad feeling.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3039 on: January 19, 2019, 10:27:59 am »
Great News it just goes to show that if you act like a big Club and create an exciting project then top players will want to be part of it. Can't believe Trent has been at the Club for 14 years already, must be due a testimonial soon.
"Ohhh-kayyy"