Author Topic: Pre-Match - Liverpool Vs Leicester City - Sunday 22nd November 19:15 Sky Sports  (Read 50679 times)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Excellent team considering! Hopefully Thiago can be a sub for the CL Final if we get there.

Did you not see how bad his injury was?!   Lucky he got up.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Whoever it is needs to be read the riot act. It's clearly someone in coaching/playing staff. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a younger player in the first-team set-up
No riot act.  If they find out who it is then they just need to be gone.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
All these injuries and we can still put a side like that out.  On one hand it's good, on the other...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Hopefully Shaq's injury is not serious.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thats a solid Leciester City side that. Be a very tough game this.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Thought Cain was a cert too.

Didn’t Clarkson play yesterday too for the 18’s? I know Cain was left out the u23 squad.

Clarkson didn't play with the under 18's.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Shan’s a miss, but was anyone really expecting Thiago he hasn’t been in team training has he?
It was always unlikely but Klopp didn't rule him out in his press conference and then some rumours were floating around today that he was in the squad.

The first eleven is plenty good enough to get the job done.  Fingers crossed we don't need to call on the bench too heavily.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
What's exactly wrong with Thiago? I know he took a knock against Everton when Richarlson got sent off but does anyone know what the resulting injury was?
“a knock”!!!!!!!!!
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Leicester City XI: Schmeichel, Justin, Fofana, Evans, Fuchs, Albrighton, Mendy, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Iheanacho, Under, Choudhury, Praet,Thomas

Maybe I dont know my Leicester players that well but that seems like a very attacking 11 that. Have to be careful we don't get over run in midfield and defence or they could storm us. By the same token it may give us some opportunities on the break

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Weakest bench in ages... Tsimikas will likely come in for Robbo, Neco may come in for Milly who can move to MF if needed, and maybe Minamino/Origi for one of the front three. But hopefully, HOPEFULLY, Nat is not needed (not that he's not capable, but it would mean an injury).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Injured

bloody hell I missed that one, hard to keep up there's so many [emoji23]

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Where’s Shaqiri

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Ordinarily I wouldn't be worried about this game, with the team is being held together with sticky back plastic.  Just glad to see Fabinho back and Jota on the pitch.

This is going to be a slog, especially if VAR continues to use us as toilet paper.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
Match prediction from me ....

VAR 1 LFC 2
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
“a knock”!!!!!!!!!

He did take a knock, a whack whatever way you wanna call it. I just wanna know what the exact type of injury that resulted from it was without your faux outrage

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
That midfield looks a bit light. :-\
But it is what it is. Hope Naby has a good game.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
What's exactly wrong with Thiago? I know he took a knock against Everton when Richarlson got sent off but does anyone know what the resulting injury was?
Thiago took a knock:

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Little concerned about Gini. He ran himself into the ground for Holland. Hope he's got some stamina left.
 The team is good enough on paper. Lets hope we can find a bit of cohesiveness with all the changes.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He did take a knock, a whack whatever way you wanna call it. I just wanna know what the exact type of injury that resulted from it was without your faux outrage

No one knows. No one has said. For all we know his shin could have turned into spam after the Richarlison challenge.

All we know is he took a knock and isnt fit right now

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

He took a direct hit on the knee, so anything that has been troubling him has to be the knee. This has only been repeated 8573933243 times by the manager by now.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
Fitness issue
Weakest bench in ages... Tsimikas will likely come in for Robbo, Neco may come in for Milly who can move to MF if needed, and maybe Minamino/Origi for one of the front three. But hopefully, HOPEFULLY, Nat is not needed (not that he's not capable, but it would mean an injury).

Or as an extra body if we're protecting a lead in the final minutes?

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Thiago took a knock:

Is that Thiago getting some ice for his injury?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
Regardless of the injuries, this is an absoutely huge test. Have a feeling this game will be symbolic of whether we're still capable of winning the league comfortably or whether it's open for anyone.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
I just think you’re underestimating how bad a tackle it was by referring to it as a ‘knock’.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan

It's about how long the swelling takes to go down. It's taken longer than they have expected so they are playing the long game with him.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Regardless of the injuries, this is an absoutely huge test. Have a feeling this game will be symbolic of whether we're still capable of winning the league comfortably or whether it's open for anyone.

All the games are tests, I wouldn't say it was bigger than City was last week.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
What exactly is a "fitness issue"?  Does this mean he has a small injury or they don't think he can participate in the game due to lack of fitness?
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
It's about how long the swelling takes to go down. It's taken longer than they have expected so they are playing the long game with him.

You don't know that they're holding him back just because of swelling...

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I just think you’re underestimating how bad a tackle it was by referring to it as a ‘knock’.

He got away lightly. In olden days many people died when struck by cart horses.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
What exactly is a "fitness issue"?  Does this mean he has a small injury or they don't think he can participate in the game due to lack of fitness?

As I explained before, its about the fact that the swelling around the knee has taken longer to come down. So they have had to be patient and wait until it has come down.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I suspect Thiago will make an appearance against Atalanta.

• Legacy Fan

It's not a lack of fitness, it's that he has an injury that is preventing him to play. Could be minor, could be major, could be many things but he can't play today or can't be risked today.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Considering we're missing Virg, Gomez, Trent, Hendo, Thiago, Shaq and Salah - that's a hell of an 11 and, with perspective, not too bad a bench.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Anything between an amputated leg to a bit of indigestion.

Honestly could be anything, we dont know. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later that it was nothing serious

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan

Nah I know it was a shithouse tackle and deserved a sending off but he finished the match and we thought he might miss the next couple but for whatever reason he hasnt. There was no reported break or damage to muscle, bone, ligament etc so I just wondered what the latest was.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
"Fitness. Issue."  said in the style of that chubby guy with the pipe on Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
You don't know that they're holding him back just because of swelling...

It has come directly from Klopp, the initial delay was due to the fact that the swelling took a lot longer to go down.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As I explained before, its about the fact that the swelling around the knee has taken longer to come down. So they have had to be patient and wait until it has come down.

I thought he meant for Shaqiri

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
That Leicester side is much stronger than expected. Looks like they managed to get a few back.

Not having Shaqiri is an issue. Really no midfield change for us to make.