Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2596438 times)

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
Re: Spurs
« Reply #12440 on: May 19, 2018, 02:07:47 pm »
What have I missed? You don't appear to be a West Ham fan....and if I was having a dig at them I wouldn't have said average in regard to the Olympic Stadium as a football venue ;D

to be honest that looks pretty impressive for a swimming stadium. And you won't even be needing any diving boards ;)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12441 on: May 19, 2018, 02:12:22 pm »
Amazing what a billion pounds will get you.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12442 on: May 19, 2018, 07:22:39 pm »

No you didn’t, I clearly saw Mr. Touch throw that.
;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12443 on: May 19, 2018, 07:38:25 pm »
That's it. I'm deleting my RAWK account. If you need me I'll be on Glory Glory calling you a filthy prawn cocktail crisp loving loserpool wanker.

All this over a bag of crisps.  :'(
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #12444 on: May 24, 2018, 04:04:04 pm »
Pochettino signs a new 5 year deal at £8.5m a year.

Levy finally going to the bank for a withdrawal.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12445 on: May 24, 2018, 04:06:04 pm »
Pochettino signs a new 5 year deal at £8.5m a year.

Levy finally going to the bank for a withdrawal.

That's a big old deal. Wonder how many players will follow suit. Think Klopp is only on about £5/6m isn't he?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12446 on: May 24, 2018, 04:11:28 pm »
wow, all his whinging worked, he got a huge pay rise  ;D   Pressure keeps getting ramped up for Pochetinno.  Time to really prove his worth now that 's likely the 3rd highest paid coach in the league.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12447 on: May 24, 2018, 04:13:55 pm »
Most important signing of the season that! Great news.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12448 on: May 24, 2018, 04:14:09 pm »
The cynic in me says it's only so that Spurs can charge PSG a bigger amount to buy him out next summer.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12449 on: May 24, 2018, 04:15:27 pm »
Surprised Pochettino was able to sign his new contract given the number of dodgy pens they get at Tottenham.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #12450 on: May 24, 2018, 04:26:43 pm »
First pitch tray slid out today. Can see its already got the sand in ready for the pitch.

If that is the litter tray, how big is the cat?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12451 on: May 24, 2018, 04:30:30 pm »
I would love to see the rankings for managers salaries.

Poch must have a fantastic agent,he must be in the top 5 for best paid in the world and he's won the square root of zilch.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12452 on: May 24, 2018, 04:32:56 pm »
I would love to see the rankings for managers salaries.

Poch must have a fantastic agent,he must be in the top 5 for best paid in the world and he's won the square root of zilch.

Put Pressure on Leicester
Put Pressure on Chelsea
Harry Kane is England Captain
Beat Madrid
Beat Juventus
Finished above Liverpool
Finished above Arsenal
Harry Kane scored the most goals in a calendar year
Top Four Trophy (x3)
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12453 on: May 24, 2018, 04:42:07 pm »
Good signing. Will Sir Harry follow suit?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline zanwalk

• Main Stander
« Reply #12454 on: May 24, 2018, 04:55:48 pm »
Excellent news! He is the best manager we've had in many years, delighted he is staying.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12455 on: May 24, 2018, 05:13:53 pm »
I wonder what assurances he's received re: transfers. Will cost Madrid more for the Kane/Pochettino package next summer

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12456 on: May 24, 2018, 05:24:48 pm »
I wonder what assurances he's received re: transfers.

That's what I imagine he wanted, although saying that I guess £8.5m a year could make up for that. Not like he is some serial trophy winner who wants to keep that going.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12457 on: May 24, 2018, 05:48:22 pm »
It's growing on me! It's got a bit more to it than your average bowl - the stands are all reasonably distinctive. Particularly the South Stand obviously.The only bit I really didn't like were the dips in the corners - too similar to the Emirates! I guess they'd struggle to fit the screens anywhere else though.

The main thing is the stands are pretty close to the pitch for a modern stadium. I think that was always gonna be the main worry. So hard to create an atmosphere when you're sat miles away.

I've read somewhere on here that's necessary because otherwise the seats at the back would be too far from the opposite corner of the pitch.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12458 on: May 24, 2018, 05:52:32 pm »
75m for Alderweireld  ::)

The Mancs would probably pay it too.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12459 on: May 24, 2018, 05:59:58 pm »
75m for Alderweireld  ::)

The Mancs would probably pay it too.

He's a fantastic CB and I'd be gutted if he left. Anything over 45-50 million though and I guess we've done quite well given his age and the contract situation. Surprised you aren't in for him as well to be honest.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12460 on: May 24, 2018, 06:07:33 pm »
To me this smells of: Here you go, take this payrise and prove you can win something before we give you more control over transfers. And don’t rock our cushy boat now.

Good for him, but he really needs to start winning things now.

For me Spurs have reached a plateau they can only get away from by spending more and spending well. It remains to be seen if Pochettino staying can change that in any way.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12461 on: May 24, 2018, 06:15:24 pm »
He's a fantastic CB and I'd be gutted if he left. Anything over 45-50 million though and I guess we've done quite well given his age and the contract situation. Surprised you aren't in for him as well to be honest.
FSG would never sanction a deal for a nearly 30 year old defender with no sell on value.

It screams Mourinho though he loves late 20's players (Willian going there as well?) and a thick as pig shit Woodward sanctioning the deal.

You get to strengthen while the purse strings are tight selling him for 50 million plus.

Levy is probably lighting a cigar right this minute just waiting for the call from United. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12462 on: May 24, 2018, 06:20:51 pm »
To me this smells of: Here you go, take this payrise and prove you can win something before we give you more control over transfers. And don’t rock our cushy boat now.

Good for him, but he really needs to start winning things now.

For me Spurs have reached a plateau they can only get away from by spending more and spending well. It remains to be seen if Pochettino staying can change that in any way.
The problem spurs have is, apart from chelsea, they will be the only club that has a huge anchor around their shoulder in terms of the huge debt the new stadium brings.

Now obviously they might continue to buy gems and develop players, but history sort of says those spells dry out in the end (arsenal in the early 2000's, united, Southampton etc).

The demand of wages and transfer fees has risen so much, that you just can't afford not to pay it any more. They have got their team right now, but in a few years time players will leave, players will get old etc and they will need the money to invest in those new players higher wages and transfer fees etc

Having so much debt tied to a club obviously will have an effect on the wallet, so it will be interesting to see how they deal with it. Arsenal have suffered greatly because of it, and i would argue they will in a better position at the time, due to the fact the competition for Europe wasn't as intense.

and unlike say, us, united etc who have the history to sort of buy the top (or the tier below it) players, spurs don't really have anything to fall back on, apart from their 3 year current spell in the champions league.

They don't win trophies, they don't pay high transfer fees, they don't pay high wages etc so if they are out of europe i can see them  struggling, much like ourselves did.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 06:23:37 pm by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12463 on: May 24, 2018, 06:40:38 pm »
Spurs can offload Alderweireld and Rose this summer, neither of which were 1st team regulars at the end of last season, and probably pocket over 100 million.
But, does that service stadium debt and help finance some new contracts for their most important players (and manager obviously) or is it spent to upgrade the 1st team?
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12464 on: May 24, 2018, 08:49:16 pm »

If Toby had been 24-25 I think we may well have been interested Tommy.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline zanwalk

• Main Stander
« Reply #12465 on: May 24, 2018, 09:46:06 pm »

He started only six times for us this season I believe, quite a portion of that due to an injury, and when he was fit he struggled to get back in the team. He is not such a key player as he was the season before, and I think Poch has been planning on him leaving for a while now due to the contract situation.

Fantastic player as you say, and I feel we have been fortunate to have had him in the team. Just hope we can squeeze the maximum out of Utd for him.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #12466 on: May 24, 2018, 10:10:37 pm »
Is Poch the current longest serving manager in the league now? Not saying that it necessarily justifies his wage, but just an interesting thought that came up when I read about his new contract.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12467 on: May 24, 2018, 10:16:27 pm »
Is Poch the current longest serving manager in the league now? Not saying that it necessarily justifies his wage, but just an interesting thought that came up when I read about his new contract.

Eddie Howe went back to Bournemouth in 2012 after 1yr away.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12468 on: May 25, 2018, 09:14:32 am »
Spurs can offload Alderweireld and Rose this summer, neither of which were 1st team regulars at the end of last season, and probably pocket over 100 million.
But, does that service stadium debt and help finance some new contracts for their most important players (and manager obviously) or is it spent to upgrade the 1st team?

Yep. I have said before that between Dembele, Rose and Alderweirald they can definitely get close to £100m and two of those have effectively been replaced in the starting 11 already with Davies and Sanhez.

The problem Spurs have is that top players are going north of £50m and there is nothing in their scouting that has illustrated just yet that they will get some unknown gem like we have managed to do and get really amazing performances out of them. I would expect them trying to sign younger players like Sanchez to try to give solid performances now.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12469 on: May 25, 2018, 09:18:32 am »
Sellling those players, whilst not hurting their first 11, drastically hurts their 2nd choices though, and the drop of in quality will be noticeable.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12470 on: May 25, 2018, 09:23:15 am »
Sellling those players, whilst not hurting their first 11, drastically hurts their 2nd choices though, and the drop of in quality will be noticeable.

Not if one of the replacements is Ryan Sessegnon.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12471 on: May 25, 2018, 09:26:23 am »
Yep. I have said before that between Dembele, Rose and Alderweirald they can definitely get close to £100m and two of those have effectively been replaced in the starting 11 already with Davies and Sanhez.

The problem Spurs have is that top players are going north of £50m and there is nothing in their scouting that has illustrated just yet that they will get some unknown gem like we have managed to do and get really amazing performances out of them. I would expect them trying to sign younger players like Sanchez to try to give solid performances now.

Yeah......you keep saying that. They'll still need replacing with other quality players since, at worst, they're first choice back ups.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12472 on: May 25, 2018, 09:26:36 am »

If Fulham get back into our league they won't sell Sessegnon I don't think.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12473 on: May 25, 2018, 09:28:38 am »

Yeah that’s one position. Who replaces Dembele? Who replaced Alderweirald?

They may get £100m, but they’re going to have to spend 65-75% of that, at least, replacing those players. Certainly the latter two.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12474 on: May 25, 2018, 09:35:07 am »
Yeah......you keep saying that. They'll still need replacing with other quality players since, at worst, they're first choice back ups.

Its better to be in a position to need depth than first choice players. A season ago Rose and Alderwierald were really key players so to be fair to them they have replaced them in one sense.

But like I said quality players cost a lot and they will eat up most of their budget. Also they dont seem to have the transfer team we do so their backups may be poor.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12475 on: May 25, 2018, 09:51:01 am »
Its better to be in a position to need depth than first choice players. A season ago Rose and Alderwierald were really key players so to be fair to them they have replaced them in one sense.

But like I said quality players cost a lot and they will eat up most of their budget. Also they dont seem to have the transfer team we do so their backups may be poor.

Aye and replacing those players successfully has led to a much poorer season than the previous one. Happy for that progression to carry on in that manner to be honest.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12476 on: May 25, 2018, 10:05:23 am »
I hope we'd be but it's too much money for it to make sense. He's got one year left on his contract, 29-years old, and just back from a major injury. He's an excellent CB, but anything over 45 million is insane.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12477 on: May 25, 2018, 10:07:17 am »
I hope we'd be but it's too much money for it to make sense. He's got one year left on his contract, 29-years old, and just back from a major injury. He's an excellent CB, but anything over 45 million is insane.

Plus question marks to be asked if he can't get in the Spurs side.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12478 on: May 25, 2018, 10:10:17 am »
Plus question marks to be asked if he can't get in the Spurs side.
Isn't that just because of the contract situation and recent injury? He's the best defender they've got. Hardly ever seen him make a mistake, and he reads the game superbly. Him and Van Dijk would be amazing for 2-3 seasons.

Offline zanwalk

• Main Stander
« Reply #12479 on: May 25, 2018, 10:41:13 am »
Isn't that just because of the contract situation and recent injury? He's the best defender they've got. Hardly ever seen him make a mistake, and he reads the game superbly. Him and Van Dijk would be amazing for 2-3 seasons.

I think you're right re the contract situation, he just hasn't seemed fully on it on the occasions he has played, and in a way I don't blame him, we are always going to struggle to keep the very best players for too long because of the wage structure. Nothing really we can do about that other than try and tie them into long contracts so that only the petrodollar teams or Utd are able to afford to buy them. Then at least we get a decent sell on fee to be able to sign the next up and coming star.

Well that's the theory anyway!