The Liverpool FC Forum > The Boozer

Things You’ve Never Done

(1/61) > >>

KillieRed:
The folks in my office were aghast that I’ve never drunk a cup of coffee or smoked a cigarette. I can’t say I regret either of those things.

What things do you regret NOT doing and why?

tubby:
Never went to university, dropped out of education after my GCSEs.  I've done well career-wise regardless, but would've been good just for the experience of it.

Elmo!:

--- Quote from: tubby on February  8, 2024, 03:23:10 pm ---Never went to university, dropped out of education after my GCSEs.  I've done well career-wise regardless, but would've been good just for the experience of it.

--- End quote ---

Similar for me, though I did go to Uni, just never completed it. I sometimes regret it but it's worked out well in the end, doing a job I enjoy.

thaddeus:

--- Quote from: tubby on February  8, 2024, 03:23:10 pm ---Never went to university, dropped out of education after my GCSEs.  I've done well career-wise regardless, but would've been good just for the experience of it.

--- End quote ---
I've never just fucked off my working life for a few years and travelled/found myself/dossed around.  Not on the cards for at least another decade either as we have young kids and bills to pay.  Probably will never do it now as to do so as a married man in his 50s would be just a bit selfish and unfair on my long suffering wife!

--- Quote from: KillieRed on February  8, 2024, 03:22:26 pm ---The folks in my office were aghast that I’ve never drunk a cup of coffee or smoked a cigarette. I can’t say I regret either of those things.
--- End quote ---
You're not missing much with coffee and ciggies.  I tip my hat to you on functioning without caffeine though!

Party Phil:

--- Quote from: KillieRed on February  8, 2024, 03:22:26 pm ---The folks in my office were aghast that I’ve never drunk a cup of coffee or smoked a cigarette. I can’t say I regret either of those things.

What things do you regret NOT doing and why?

--- End quote ---

The cigarette thing I can understand, I have had the odd drag of a ciggy when I was a teenager but I have never actually smoked a full cigarette.

Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason for never drinking coffee? Have you tried a sip and disliked the taste? Or is there some reason that you would never even try it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version