Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 990285 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #2720 on: October 5, 2022, 08:40:38 pm »
I said earlier that with Nunez, a lot of our fans are rattled. They want him to prove that he is a success as quickly as possible.

I thought he was good yesterday but he has a long way to go still. We may never see the best of him this season but the fact is that we dont sign players like this often, so he will get plenty of time and we dont sign duds so he will no doubt go onto to be a fantastic player.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2721 on: October 5, 2022, 08:42:48 pm »
Before we compare him with the likes of Rush and Suarez, first he needs to prove that he's better than Origi Iago Aspas Eirik Meijer.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2722 on: October 5, 2022, 08:43:32 pm »
I said earlier that with Nunez, a lot of our fans are rattled. They want him to prove that he is a success as quickly as possible.

I thought he was good yesterday but he has a long way to go still. We may never see the best of him this season but the fact is that we dont sign players like this often, so he will get plenty of time and we dont sign duds so he will no doubt go onto to be a fantastic player.

A lot of our fans are in the desperation stage. That laboratory-made freak down the M62 isn't helping with that. But any little touch or save he makes an opposition goalie make is being applauded like you wouldn't believe. It is a little bit cringey.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2723 on: October 5, 2022, 08:44:12 pm »
The lad just needs time and to keep his head down and work hard as he is. The chances will continue to come, a goal or two will ease the current pressure and he wont feel so desperate to score, snatching at shots.

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #2724 on: October 5, 2022, 08:48:40 pm »
Before we compare him with the likes of Rush and Suarez, first he needs to prove that he's better than Origi.
He already has. It's not even really debatable either.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2725 on: October 5, 2022, 08:56:27 pm »
A lot of our fans are in the desperation stage. That laboratory-made freak down the M62 isn't helping with that. But any little touch or save he makes an opposition goalie make is being applauded like you wouldn't believe. It is a little bit cringey.

You absolutely loathe the lad, we get it. Weird to get super annoyed by supporters supporting a player but each to their own.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: October 5, 2022, 09:15:12 pm »
He already has. It's not even really debatable either.

Origi >> Nunez
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2727 on: October 5, 2022, 10:40:20 pm »
You absolutely loathe the lad, we get it. Weird to get super annoyed by supporters supporting a player but each to their own.

;D

Couldn't be further from the truth. I wasn't even that mad at him for nutting the Palace defender. I think he's got a tonne of potential and he's something different which is interesting optically.

I just can't or won't get excited by him making 40 year old Rangers goalkeeper make a few decent saves. We've lost ground not only on City, but potentially on other teams who were comfortably below us for a few years. We've spent a lot of Nunez and I don't think we should have the bar so low as to say everything is so great because he got into good positions against Rangers and made their goalie work.

I support him just as much as any player in the team. I'd love nothing more than for him to go on a run and never look back. And I'd love nothing more than him to score goals in finals, or to score the goal that gets us back to the Ataturk next year among other things. A good showing against a poor side doesn't really get me too excited.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2728 on: October 5, 2022, 10:57:31 pm »
;D

Couldn't be further from the truth. I wasn't even that mad at him for nutting the Palace defender. I think he's got a tonne of potential and he's something different which is interesting optically.

I just can't or won't get excited by him making 40 year old Rangers goalkeeper make a few decent saves. We've lost ground not only on City, but potentially on other teams who were comfortably below us for a few years. We've spent a lot of Nunez and I don't think we should have the bar so low as to say everything is so great because he got into good positions against Rangers and made their goalie work.

I support him just as much as any player in the team. I'd love nothing more than for him to go on a run and never look back. And I'd love nothing more than him to score goals in finals, or to score the goal that gets us back to the Ataturk next year among other things. A good showing against a poor side doesn't really get me too excited.

If we lost ground on teams other than City it sure as shit isn't solely down to buying Nunez.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: October 5, 2022, 11:01:21 pm »
If we lost ground on teams other than City it sure as shit isn't solely down to buying Nunez.

Correct, too many inured and/or off form and difficult to integrate  in these circs.  Realistically how many of our players are at the level they should be.  One or two maybe?
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2730 on: October 5, 2022, 11:05:37 pm »
;D

You Fuckin' Liar! You've got a Darwin voodoo doll.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2731 on: October 5, 2022, 11:35:35 pm »
You Fuckin' Liar! You've got a Darwin voodoo doll.
Fiasco last night...

;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2732 on: October 5, 2022, 11:49:44 pm »

You'd make a great politician. Nowhere did I say it is solely down to Nunez. But implementing a striker we singed for big money hasn't been as smooth as we want it to be. I don't think that is controversial, nor is it pointing the finger at one player.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: October 6, 2022, 12:43:11 am »
;D

How disappointed were you with our forwards  that  couldn't even test the 40 year old goalkeeper?

Linking him to our losing ground on City and other teams is bizarre.  We scored  three on Saturday  and lost ground without him playing. We've defended like shite all season and been out run and had less high intensity sprints than most of our opposition.  We keep conceding the first goal in games.
The simplistic answer  is  the signing of Nunez and leaving  (struggling) Mane go.

He was dumb to headbutt someone  but no dumber than the people who try to link our slump with his signing.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2734 on: October 6, 2022, 01:36:35 am »
You'd make a great politician. Nowhere did I say it is solely down to Nunez. But implementing a striker we singed for big money hasn't been as smooth as we want it to be. I don't think that is controversial, nor is it pointing the finger at one player.

He's played 177 out of 630 possible league minutes which is 28%. I don't know how you can say things haven't been smooth on the season and then say it's because we're integrating a player that hasn't played more than a third of it. Obviously you're welcome to your opinion but it's not one I would agree with.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2735 on: October 6, 2022, 02:02:02 am »
He's played 177 out of 630 possible league minutes which is 28%. I don't know how you can say things haven't been smooth on the season and then say it's because we're integrating a player that hasn't played more than a third of it. Obviously you're welcome to your opinion but it's not one I would agree with.
Well 270 of those were forced due to his stupidity, but I don't mind a bit of passion and nastiness if you channel it the right way. It isn't just integrating him like-for-like with someone else. He hasn't started every game when available either, which indicates he's not fully up to speed and/or Klopp trusts players he's worked with more. Not bedding in a player perfectly doesn't mean every aspect is on the pitch; our training and tactics will have to adapt, what we do in certain situations will have to change, we haven't just got rid of a Nunez-like player and are doing the things we always did. We look a shadow of ourselves this season on the whole and we've also signed a player for a vital position who is very different to what we usually have. There is a correlation there to a degree. That is not his fault, it just happens sometimes and it is amplified when most of the team are not performing as well.

And didi, your point about our other strikers not testing their goalkeeper doesn't match up when you are talking about Salah, whose done it for us for 5 years now, and Diaz, who is still relatively new and maybe isn't an out-and-out goalscorer like other players (but did actually get a real assist in the game, not an expected one). Jota is on a bad run but his minutes to goal ratio for us is really good in the main. So a lot of our players have got credit in the bank in that regard, it isn't quite comparing apples with oranges but it isn't the same completely.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2736 on: October 6, 2022, 02:31:58 am »
Well 270 of those were forced due to his stupidity, but I don't mind a bit of passion and nastiness if you channel it the right way. It isn't just integrating him like-for-like with someone else. He hasn't started every game when available either, which indicates he's not fully up to speed and/or Klopp trusts players he's worked with more. Not bedding in a player perfectly doesn't mean every aspect is on the pitch; our training and tactics will have to adapt, what we do in certain situations will have to change, we haven't just got rid of a Nunez-like player and are doing the things we always did. We look a shadow of ourselves this season on the whole and we've also signed a player for a vital position who is very different to what we usually have. There is a correlation there to a degree. That is not his fault, it just happens sometimes and it is amplified when most of the team are not performing as well.

And didi, your point about our other strikers not testing their goalkeeper doesn't match up when you are talking about Salah, whose done it for us for 5 years now, and Diaz, who is still relatively new and maybe isn't an out-and-out goalscorer like other players (but did actually get a real assist in the game, not an expected one). Jota is on a bad run but his minutes to goal ratio for us is really good in the main. So a lot of our players have got credit in the bank in that regard, it isn't quite comparing apples with oranges but it isn't the same completely.

So just a bunch of feelings and thoughts with no real evidence to support anything you say. Got it.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #2737 on: October 6, 2022, 04:21:23 am »
He's a lot faster than i expected which is a positive.

In the Premier League it doesn't really take much to be a good goalscorer as long as your excellent physical attributes get you in dangerous positions

I didn't mention it before but you could tell from day one he looked like a bag of nerves so anxiety obviously plays a part in his slow start. Dude can't even speak english either which doesn't help at all.

His technical level is quite inconsistent, but obviously his role in the team will require him to take as few touches as possible seeing as he'll be high up the final third in finishing positions.

He'll be one of those strikers who score regularly because they're inevitably in dangerous positions consistently.

I'm convinced that if the team wasn't so painfully tired from a quadruple charge + lack of squad turnover, playing to the heights of 2017-2020/2022, he'd have scored a lot so far. This season doesn't reflect this team at all we all know they're much better than this.

Rambling on and on feels GOOD
The change is cast

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: October 6, 2022, 04:31:55 am »

According to other threads, the main problem is we havent bought new players so its ironic that where we did splash out is given as the reason for a poor start

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: October 6, 2022, 05:00:34 am »
The difference between Nunez and Haaland is KDB.
Believer

Offline K-B-K

• Main Stander
« Reply #2740 on: October 6, 2022, 05:39:50 am »

No, it's not, come on now. I'm all for supporting our own, but that's wild. Haaland is broken, he's basically a stronger, faster and more athletic Shearer if he keeps this up. Nunez has potential, there's no question, but we need to stop putting the two in the same sentence, Nunez needs to be given the chance to develop away from those comparisons.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: October 6, 2022, 06:36:24 am »

Yeah, ok.

Its comments like that which shows that its not just the media and opposition desperate to compare the two but our own fans.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2022, 06:59:36 am by killer-heels »

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2742 on: October 6, 2022, 08:03:09 am »

Erm ok :lmao

Haaland would have scored a hatttick with the chances Nunez had against Rangers.

Stop comparing the 2, Haaland is a generational talent

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2743 on: October 6, 2022, 08:25:08 am »
;D

Not seen all the posts saying everything is so great or perfect now, just people saying he played really well. Perhaps they all got deleted.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: October 6, 2022, 08:25:39 am »

Stop comparing the 2, Haaland is a generational talent

Indeed, this is Darwin's thread so can the constant Haaland worshipping go elsewhere?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2745 on: October 6, 2022, 08:42:39 am »
Indeed, this is Darwin's thread so can the constant Haaland worshipping go elsewhere?

Just like Haaland in 2 years
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: October 6, 2022, 09:23:11 am »

Absolutely mad that people keep bringing it up on repeat. Piss off with it for now. Go here (https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344681.0) if you want to have a cream fiesta for the beautiful Norwegian.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2747 on: October 6, 2022, 10:19:52 am »

Delusional.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #2748 on: October 6, 2022, 10:47:31 am »

The difference is that City are bang on form, and we aren't (to be fair, a lot of that has to do with KDB!).  I don't watch many City games but have seen a few of Haaland's goals for them, a lot of them are tap-ins or easy finishes, the kind of goals I think Nunez could easily score if he were in the same position.

PS. by the way, Haaland has scored a few brilliant goals as well ;)  Nunez has been close to scoring a blinder or two but for (on one occasion Pickford) pulling off a worldie!

« Last Edit: October 6, 2022, 10:57:43 am by Aldo1988 »
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: October 6, 2022, 11:09:34 am »
The difference is that City are bang on form, and we aren't (to be fair, a lot of that has to do with KDB!).  I don't watch many City games but have seen a few of Haaland's goals for them, a lot of them are tap-ins or easy finishes, the kind of goals I think Nunez could easily score if he were in the same position.

PS. by the way, Haaland has scored a few brilliant goals as well ;)  Nunez has been close to scoring a blinder or two but for (on one occasion Pickford) pulling off a worldie!

There’s no point comparing them Haaland was a phenom before he even joined City, and alongside De Bruyne I’m not sure if you’re aware but we have two of the best chance creators statistically in the league in Salah And TAA.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2750 on: October 6, 2022, 11:25:43 am »
There’s no point comparing them Haaland was a phenom before he even joined City, and alongside De Bruyne I’m not sure if you’re aware but we have two of the best chance creators statistically in the league in Salah And TAA.

I'm not comparing them like for like, just saying that Nunez could have scored some of the chances that City have created for Haaland.  They are different types of forwards in my view but so far this season, as a team we haven't been anywhere near as good as we should be.  Put Nunez in the team last season and I'm sure he would be banging in the goals.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2751 on: October 6, 2022, 01:37:35 pm »
Haaland is a generational talent , but I also think Nunez would of started better had he begun life at city.

Damn, I’ve been sucked in. Why am I comparing? Anyway, I signed Nunez on Ultimate Team last night and he’s a beast and that’s good enough for me :D

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2752 on: October 6, 2022, 01:41:55 pm »
So just a bunch of feelings and thoughts with no real evidence to support anything you say. Got it.

Well facts really, but you do you. I know the same about what happens at Kirkby and in preparation for games than you do, but I'm confident to say things will be different with the Nunez signing in terms of methods, implementation, tactics and the like. If you think otherwise then I'm not really sure what to say.

But you focus on your expected, decimal goals, I'll take stock at what actually happens on the pitch.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2753 on: October 6, 2022, 01:57:07 pm »
I don’t know if you can all remember Suarez’s first 2 seasons for us. He wasn’t exactly firing them in until Rogers took over.

On joining (half a season) 4 goals in 13 matches…  Second season 11 league goals…
This kids the real deal, he’ll be banging them in soon. We got a glimpse of it when we were last firing on all cylinders, ironically when we beat Man City in the charity shield (which was by no means an exhibition match).
« Last Edit: October 6, 2022, 02:02:37 pm by 12Kings »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: October 6, 2022, 01:57:46 pm »
No point comparing Haaland to Nunez. Haaland is currently the best attacker in the world, Nunez isn't even the best attacker in our team, yet. For me, Bobby, Jota and Salah are all ahead of him.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2755 on: October 6, 2022, 02:15:50 pm »
The difference between that monstrous looking c*nt & Darwin is that this is the fucking Darwin Núñez thread.

Twats.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: October 6, 2022, 02:30:07 pm »
The difference between that monstrous looking c*nt & Darwin is that this is the fucking Darwin Núñez thread.

Twats.

;D

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2757 on: October 6, 2022, 03:18:10 pm »

Twats.

Don't bring Harry Maguire into this!

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #2758 on: October 6, 2022, 03:23:14 pm »
Nunez would've worked better for us 2 seasons ago. Midfield has now been allowed to become old and injury prone. Sort that out and Nunez will bang them in. Not saying he'd score as many as the city freak but he'd be the man chasing him and with Mo hitting the back of the net as much as he normally does we'd be fighting city for the title. We need that midfield sorted out to fire Nunez.

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #2759 on: October 6, 2022, 04:15:50 pm »
Well facts really, but you do you. I know the same about what happens at Kirkby and in preparation for games than you do, but I'm confident to say things will be different with the Nunez signing in terms of methods, implementation, tactics and the like. If you think otherwise then I'm not really sure what to say.

But you focus on your expected, decimal goals, I'll take stock at what actually happens on the pitch.

There are only realistically on this forum two people who know what goes on at Kirkby since Mane left. One hasn’t been seen for 5 years (likely got told off with posting here, giving too much insight to Oppos) and the other while active only has a high level understanding of the daily goings-on through his close interaction with Henry. So don’t beat yourself up over it.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.