The Liverpool FC Forum > Hillsborough Memorial Board

Hillsborough article in The Athletic.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Speedy Molby:
Simon Hughes has tracked down survivors who, as far as I know, have not spoken publicly before. Excellent journalism.

Mighty_Red:
Great article, just shows how events can have such a profound and sometimes hidden effect on people. Desperately sad to know that some of those interviewed could have been in a much better place had the right treatment been available and if the quest for justice had not taken so long.

dirkster:
A very powerful article and a difficult read. Had to stop and come back to it later.
Still have this overwhelming sense of anger that not one individual has been prosecuted for the gross negligence that day. This country, particularly the authorities involved, should be ashamed.

BoRed:

--- Quote from: dirkster on April 16, 2022, 08:37:25 am ---A very powerful article and a difficult read. Had to stop and come back to it later.
Still have this overwhelming sense of anger that not one individual has been prosecuted for the gross negligence that day. This country, particularly the authorities involved, should be ashamed.

--- End quote ---

They have been prosecuted, but no one has been found guilty, which only makes it worse.

No666:
For me, the sense of frustrated anger I feel has grown since the inquests. That day seemed so powerful and a vindication of all those - many on here - who had fought for so long for justice. I hoped it offered some balm to the soul of the survivors who had been defamed for decades. Yet the failure of prosecutions since has been bitter and traumatic in its own slow-drip of realisation: the lives of the 97, the lives of those who could not continue, are not worth accounting for in the eyes of the establishment. & Duckenfield continues to play golf.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version