Author Topic: It's happening again! - Madrid CL Final accommodation being cancelled  (Read 38834 times)

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
If anyone has accommodation for the Sat night they don't need please let me know, Ill be on a bench somewhere at this rate

do what we did in kiev - party all night long!!!!!!!

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
do what we did in kiev - party all night long!!!!!!!

Is the correct answer  8)
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
Still got our hostel I booked last year

£15 each for the Saturday night, mental

Looks like we will be fine and no cancellation

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
Doing the same myself, just going to Madrid for the day and then early morning train to Barca on the Sunday morning, hopefully find somewhere decent to watch the match

If you need to get back to barca then coach innovations are doing a bus back there for £79 leaving Madrid at 02:30
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline TTobyLFC

• Kemlynite

Fingers crossed for you, our hostel in Kiev cancelled 3 days before we flew out

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone else terrified every time they check their email incase their accommodation has cancelled on them? ;D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Anyone else terrified every time they check their email incase their accommodation has cancelled on them? ;D

Yes, every single time the notification pops up, terrified of reading my emails in case it's a huge hassle.

It's like being at work.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I booked flights through Opodo, who have sent me multiple emails since with the subject line "Information about your booking." In each case it's just been a message about discount car hire and the like, but it hasn't failed to make me jump so far.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
I've got a hotel room going spare on the Friday night if anyone needs it. Hotel Cortezo cost me £380 - got let down on the saturday somewhere else so ended up booking something with a 2 night minimum.

If anyone wants this hotel I've already paid so just looking for the face value - unfortunately high at £380 for the night for 2 single beds although sure you can squeeze on more in

Hotel in a good location. 5 minutes from plaza mayor and close to metro stations

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
If you think outside of the box then you can find accommodation in the city. I have 3 nights 3 people 450 eu . Which is not bad considering the hotel prices.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Our hostel has just cancelled on us. Fuming!

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan

Ffs thats wank

WHat did they say? If you booked via booking.com then I think they are obligated to find you replacement accom

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
Deleted trying to PM!!
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Ffs thats wank

WHat did they say? If you booked via booking.com then I think they are obligated to find you replacement accom

Just said there was an error with the booking. Thought we had a bargain for €30 a night!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
RAWK meet up in Madrid for number 6, surely? ;D

:wave
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Ive just put a request on couchsurfing. Been a  member for 12 years and Ive hosted many people and got loads of references.

Fingers crossed.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
Reservation through booking cancelled, fucking rats.. have heard that booking has to sort you a new one, but who should I contact?

Offline diddyfaz-golborne

• Kopite
Now have different travel plans. I've got 3 single rooms in a nice hostel in Madrid for Saturday and Sunday night. I want to change them all together if anyone is interested. £300 each room to be in your name. A&B hostel principle pio

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR

Maybe they knew you passed on your card for most the games so didn't think you'd get a ticket to the final ;D

Only joking mate, hope you get sorted
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....

Daily!!  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
Re: It's happening again! - Madrid CL Final accommodation being cancelled
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2019, 09:51:45 pm »
Assume travel insurance would pay out for cancelled accommodation to book a new room?
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2019, 10:25:54 pm »
Maybe they knew you passed on your card for most the games so didn't think you'd get a ticket to the final ;D

Only joking mate, hope you get sorted

To be fair, I saw him at almost all (if not all?) the home CL games this season... and an away. Our autocup tickets are two rows apart.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2019, 10:26:30 pm »

All the time.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2019, 10:41:03 pm »
Like someone else said  ( I think it was on here ).

Let's all book rooms , hotels in Madrid for the same weekend in about a month or so and let's all cancel a day before .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2019, 11:40:58 pm »
To be fair, I saw him at almost all (if not all?) the home CL games this season... and an away. Our autocup tickets are two rows apart.

I was only pulling his leg, hence the friendly last line and well wishes :) goes without saying that the hotels and hostels that have cancelled and hiked up the price are no better than touts, perhaps worse, and should be shamed.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2019, 08:40:41 am »
anyone booked a hotel called

Portofino plaza hotel

I cancelled it on booking.com and the hotel is not actually in Madrid but Venezuela even though some of the address is in Madrid
Allez Allez Allez

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2019, 08:45:08 am »
Like someone else said  ( I think it was on here ).

Let's all book rooms , hotels in Madrid for the same weekend in about a month or so and let's all cancel a day before .

The apartment that cancelled on me, listed themselves back up with 1096€ (was 295€ when I booked). Let my mate book it , it has a free cancellation until 29th of May. Guess what will happen on 29th of May ;)

What goes around..

Offline Modroxter

• Main Stander
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2019, 09:58:44 am »
The apartment that cancelled on me, listed themselves back up with 1096€ (was 295€ when I booked). Let my mate book it , it has a free cancellation until 29th of May. Guess what will happen on 29th of May ;)

What goes around..

Good on him La

I would make sure your mate does not have the money taken out of his account, that has happened to me from booking.com before and was pay at property and free cancellation. was taken out before the date.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2019, 11:05:45 am »

What goes around..

Don’t forget the time on free cancellation is Madrid time, so an hour earlier, 22.59 UK time
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2019, 12:20:00 pm »

What goes around..

Hahaaa. Is right.

I dont usually dig an eye for an eye but in situations like this Iam totally for it.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2019, 12:41:21 pm »
Don’t forget the time on free cancellation is Madrid time, so an hour earlier, 22.59 UK time

Cheers for that

Hahaaa. Is right.

I dont usually dig an eye for an eye but in situations like this Iam totally for it.

Yes, the main things is that I've heard that booking.com usually sorts you out after situation like that, but after being in contact with them they said there is nothing that they can do, because they said that proeprty tried to get the money out of my credit card and said it didn't work, which must be bollocks, cause I always use the same credit cards (even used it today) and it sure had enough amount of money on there..  Seeing it listed 4x times the price today, I really don't care, hope they burn...

Good on him La

I would make sure your mate does not have the money taken out of his account, that has happened to me from booking.com before and was pay at property and free cancellation. was taken out before the date.

Yeah suggested him to use a credit card with little amount of money, so they can't charge him :)

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2019, 01:23:34 pm »
Mate just got a call from Spain, tried to cancel 3 bed apartment they had booked for £380 and offered him a new one at 1,300 euros.......told him to get onto booking.com and hold firm.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2019, 01:40:30 pm »

What goes around..

Good, absolute rats.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2019, 04:44:09 pm »
Cheers for that

Yes, the main things is that I've heard that booking.com usually sorts you out after situation like that, but after being in contact with them they said there is nothing that they can do, because they said that proeprty tried to get the money out of my credit card and said it didn't work, which must be bollocks, cause I always use the same credit cards (even used it today) and it sure had enough amount of money on there..  Seeing it listed 4x times the price today, I really don't care, hope they burn...

Yeah suggested him to use a credit card with little amount of money, so they can't charge him :)

We should all meet up and have their till off.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2019, 04:55:39 pm »

Good on him La

Even if they don't take it they may put a pending charge on your account that reduces your available balance. I passed over my Porto hotel booking but still had a 'pending' charge on my account for weeks after.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2019, 05:38:52 pm »

Even if they don't take it they may put a pending charge on your account that reduces your available balance. I passed over my Porto hotel booking but still had a 'pending' charge on my account for weeks after.

Having the till off it is then.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2019, 10:18:42 pm »
Airbnb booking just cancelled on me , managed to get a room closer to the fan zone so in the end no drama but that feeling when you get cancellation notice stinks
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2019, 01:31:55 am »

Good on him La

Hahaha well in.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2019, 01:33:26 am »
Reading some of these I’m so fortunate to be staying at a mates house in Madrid. Then again, four of us on the floor for 4 days in this guys one bed apartment is gonna get a bit messy.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2019, 01:39:16 am »
Reading some of these I’m so fortunate to be staying at a mates house in Madrid. Then again, four of us on the floor for 4 days in this guys one bed apartment is gonna get a bit messy.

If the bath is free can I have it ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi