Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3084050 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Michael Edwards don't do sentiments and he's running the show now with a new manager who will have not half of the power Kloppo got towards the last few years unless he wins big things. Might be big changes coming.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Sell Salah to Saudi, buy Raphinha as replacement, done  ;D

Sell Salah to PSG, sign Xavi Simons as his replacement. Add Summerville from Leeds and we're sorted up front. ;)

One DM we have more info on now that we didn't have last summer is Alan Varela after a year at Porto. Wieffer looks another decent one, and he is playing for Slot. Not sure about his athleticism, but he looks all right. Add that Pacho at CB, maybe Geeirtruda (also from Feyenoord) at LB. I think Slot may want to have a look at Beck and Chambers in the preseason, especially if we spend big elsewhere.

I don't know.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Sell Salah to PSG, sign Xavi Simons as his replacement. Add Summerville from Leeds and we're sorted up front. ;)

One DM we have more info on now that we didn't have last summer is Alan Varela after a year at Porto. Wieffer looks another decent one, and he is playing for Slot. Not sure about his athleticism, but he looks all right. Add that Pacho at CB, maybe Geeirtruda (also from Feyenoord) at LB. I think Slot may want to have a look at Beck and Chambers in the preseason, especially if we spend big elsewhere.

I don't know.

I was thinking more Musiala please.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
This was the list the nerds put together before we signed Diaz. This was published in January 2022.

As well as Jarrod Bowen, Marcus Thuram and Noa Lang, Amine Gouiri, Christopher Nkunku, Cody Gakpo and Kamaldeen Sulemana tick many of Liverpool’s boxes; young, hungry, dynamic and with a high ceiling.

Source: @TheAthleticUK

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
This was the list the nerds put together before we signed Diaz. This was published in January 2022.

Eww. Lang is good though.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c98zypwz593o

Doesn't sound that expensive for either in the current climate.

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Fantastic footballers. Always felt like they'd fit in more at Arsenal than with us but maybe that will change now with a new manager coming in? Different style of football.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

Eze is great but where does he fit in here? Also I like Olise but we will still need to make sure our striker and left winger has blistering pace because he is more a come deep, play make style attacker.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
Isn’t Olise more of a creator from the wing than a true winger?  He’s not a CM but has some of those attributes than a true pacy winger.  If we had a true clinical forward, than maybe Olise will be a fantastic option, but I don’t see him as a long-time replacement for Salah?

EDIT:  just saw KH’s post.  Summed up what I was thinking.
King Kenny.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
Eze is great but where does he fit in here? Also I like Olise but we will still need to make sure our striker and left winger has blistering pace because he is more a come deep, play make style attacker.

I think you could convert Eze to the LCM role in a 4-3-3 while providing an option to play on the left wing or as a #10 as well. He's way more naturally gifted than Jones who has had a similar conversion.

I don't see how Olise is any different to Salah at this stage of his career to be honest, got the killer ball and goal threat just like Mo.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Eww. Lang is good though.

Again may need a deeper dive but his stats look not great (although been out most of the season with a hamstring injury)

Didn't he have a bit of a bad reputation at Brugge too

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think you could convert Eze to the LCM role in a 4-3-3 while providing an option to play on the left wing or as a #10 as well. He's way more naturally gifted than Jones who has had a similar conversion.

I don't see how Olise is any different to Salah at this stage of his career to be honest, got the killer ball and goal threat just like Mo.

Is he as quick as Salah was?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Orny on his podcast.

There are no signs that a dramatic revolution is on the way for Liverpool - more likely, a smart and necessary revolution.

[@David_Ornstein]

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
Is he as quick as Salah was?

Nah, not many are, but he's quicker than Salah is now. He's definitely got enough acceleration and skill to beat a man in a tight area, not sure he's got the pace Salah had.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Orny on his podcast.

Sounds sensible from the milk tray man.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
When we used to look at the heat maps for Mane-Salah-Firmino combo, Salah was the furthest forward, as the “Striker” stretching the defenders.  He’s closer to the touch line now and is more of a creator (see his passes for Diaz against City, for Dom at United, etc).  I think Olise fits in more with the latter Salah than the former.  No doubt he can contribute goals and assists but I don’t see him as the apex of the attack.  I think he’d be welcome but a lot would depend on Darwin and what we make of him.  Olise will absolute create chances and score some, but I see him as more of a current Salah than the original Salah in the old front 3.

Maybe he can adapt his game though.  He’s still very young.  Worrying injury record though (“but he’ll fit right in”, etc)
King Kenny.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Orny on his podcast.

Evolution not Revolution?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, typo mate.  :D