Author Topic: language lessons (Spanish and German)  (Read 1275 times)

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
language lessons (Spanish and German)
« on: July 26, 2014, 03:05:24 pm »
Couldn't find a thread on this but if there is one then please delete or merge. Basically I need a bit of help from fellow rawkites as I want to know if there are any places that teach any of the above languages as I can't see anything online.

I used to do Spanish level one at cactus language on north John street, but there was not enough people for level 2 and as for German I can't find any classes anywhere (that's why I took Spanish as it's more popular).I am practicing a bit on the duolingo app which whilst good isn't quite the same as proper teaching.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks  :wave
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:06:57 pm by kirkbywool »

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
Re: language lessons (Spanish and German)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:31:31 pm »
I'm looking to do the same thing myself with Spanish classes, and Liverpool City Council run some adult learning courses which are starting in September. There are a few open days that you can go to and sign up, details are here:

http://liverpool.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/adult-learning/open-days/

I think the Spanish course is in the Park Road centre, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I don't think they did a German course last time but again I'm not sure, you'd be able to find out at the open days I assume.

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 03:42:14 pm »
Thanks for that info, will look into it, though looks like the open days are on when I'm in work. I will probably do Spanish to be honest as already know a bit and seems more popular than German so more chance of there being a course running. Might see you in the class then :D

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 04:26:44 pm »
That might be three of us.  ;)

I want to learn some Spanish, before my trip to South America, next year.

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 06:44:20 pm »
Mucho bien amigos

Offline mikeinsheffield88

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 07:11:00 pm »
Couldn't find a thread on this but if there is one then please delete or merge. Basically I need a bit of help from fellow rawkites as I want to know if there are any places that teach any of the above languages as I can't see anything online.

I used to do Spanish level one at cactus language on north John street, but there was not enough people for level 2 and as for German I can't find any classes anywhere (that's why I took Spanish as it's more popular).I am practicing a bit on the duolingo app which whilst good isn't quite the same as proper teaching.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks  :wave

You could try downloading Rosetta Stone, that has helped a few friends of mine. There was also a thread on Rawk for learning Spanish but I am not sure if it is still active.

From personal experience it is difficult to learn a language without being immersed in it .i.e. once you have the basics going to a Spanish speaking country and only interacting with people that can't speak English, (but I appreciate that is not always possible).

Offline mikeinsheffield88

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader