Author Topic: Away Games  (Read 306409 times)

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Away Games
« Reply #1840 on: October 24, 2017, 10:05:18 am »
It's not that strange really.

There's a number of people who have access to a number of members cards, with the relevant credits on, who will happily sell on for as much as they can. You only have to see Facebook pages which pop up to get an idea.

The tour operators will have done some sort of deal with one or more of these. And the sellers can guarantee tickets to them, because of the predictable way LFC sell away tickets. The tour operator won't be bothered about paying £150-200 per ticket, as that's just passed on to the customer, the customer will be happy regardless, and the tout will be happy with this as they won't have to deal face to face with individuals, and will make a big profit in one go.

The only thing the club can do realistically, is deploy a couple of people in the ground as spotters, and get the ticket details from them.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1841 on: October 24, 2017, 01:19:08 pm »
I asked the club about this and they said that it is NOT an official package and will investigate. They said that it did sound unusual as it offers both home and away tkts.

"If this does turn out to be ticket touting from our investigation, you can be sure that we will do what is necessary to stop this."

Whatever that is.....

And they advised people not to buy from that site! :D

We'll see if anything else comes from it.
We are a team of one half.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1842 on: October 24, 2017, 02:23:31 pm »
I asked the club about this and they said that it is NOT an official package and will investigate. They said that it did sound unusual as it offers both home and away tkts.

"If this does turn out to be ticket touting from our investigation, you can be sure that we will do what is necessary to stop this."

Whatever that is.....

Thanks for this Shanklygates
Kenny Godglish

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1843 on: October 24, 2017, 02:31:46 pm »

Whatever that is.....

I think the interesting point about this is that home and away tickets are being offered in this package. Although all tickets originate in the Ticket Office so it is easy to suspect that something is going on there, the more likely answer is that the tour operator has numerous contacts in this country who have the necessary credits to be able to apply for both home and away tickets. But if the club has promised to investigate then we should wait until we hear what the result of that investigation is (IF they decide to pass on that information, of course).

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1844 on: October 24, 2017, 05:42:00 pm »
Quite. Not holding my breath. They never tell us about their touting work and I think they should as, as a result, we all think they don't do anything about the issues we raise.

It was the H & A bit that jumped out at me too. As you say,  there are ways, but they clearly have reliable sources that in my mind need investigating!!

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #1845 on: November 8, 2017, 04:26:52 pm »
Just had a look at what Huddersfield have been giving to visiting clubs and looks like they have been giving an allocation of 2,340.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1846 on: November 8, 2017, 06:17:42 pm »
Just had a look at what Huddersfield have been giving to visiting clubs and looks like they have been giving an allocation of 2,340.
just posted this very question which I've now deleted that's a piss poor allocation was thinking if they gave 2800 plus and being a Tuesday credits required might have went low no chance with that scaldy allocation.
Kenny Godglish

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #1847 on: November 8, 2017, 08:58:21 pm »
just posted this very question which I've now deleted that's a piss poor allocation was thinking if they gave 2800 plus and being a Tuesday credits required might have went low no chance with that scaldy allocation.

It's 10% of their capacity....why would they allocate more to visitors?

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1848 on: November 8, 2017, 09:57:46 pm »
It's 10% of their capacity....why would they allocate more to visitors?
Because they gave the whole end away in the championship but obviously they have increased demand and sell out every game so they just give the ten percent which is fair enough especially with the 30 quid cap.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1849 on: November 9, 2017, 05:51:35 am »
Huddersfield is a good away day as you've good boozers on the platform at Stalybridge & Huddersfield stations, also one at Dewsbury if going through Leeds
#Sausages

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #1850 on: November 21, 2017, 11:09:46 am »
Not sure if this has been posted before, but some points in here about away games after the recent fans forum:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/281744-fans-forum-gets-off-to-positive-start

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1851 on: January 16, 2018, 04:41:07 pm »
Looking at the championship table it’s looking good for the two automatic promoted clubs to have 30000 plus capacities icing on the cake would be villa also going up,downside is it’s looking very likely that at least one of the clubs that required low credits this season will go down namely at least one of Stoke Southampton Brighton or Newcastle.In an ideal world if they all survived those on 4 and 3 credits from last season might nick 8 aways next season.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1852 on: January 16, 2018, 05:37:19 pm »
Hope Swansea , West Brom and Bournemouth go down

Offline Jimbo

• Main Stander
  • Youll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1853 on: January 17, 2018, 10:22:31 pm »
Looking at the championship table it’s looking good for the two automatic promoted clubs to have 30000 plus capacities icing on the cake would be villa also going up,downside is it’s looking very likely that at least one of the clubs that required low credits this season will go down namely at least one of Stoke Southampton Brighton or Newcastle.In an ideal world if they all survived those on 4 and 3 credits from last season might nick 8 aways next season.

That Brighton one was a huge point Southampton will take them up to 5.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1854 on: February 21, 2018, 11:38:46 am »
Anyone know what kind of allocation we typically get at Palace? And what it usually goes down to?

Don't get to many away's in general, and when I do it's usually via a mate or the exchange on here, but looking to get hold of a couple for the other half for this, for her 30th.

Wondering what the likelihood is. Guessing slim.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1855 on: February 21, 2018, 11:52:23 am »
Anyone know what kind of allocation we typically get at Palace? And what it usually goes down to?

Don't get to many away's in general, and when I do it's usually via a mate or the exchange on here, but looking to get hold of a couple for the other half for this, for her 30th.

Wondering what the likelihood is. Guessing slim.
Last season we got 2919 and it dropped to 12 but I'd imagine that it will probably drop to 7 or 8 this season.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1856 on: February 21, 2018, 12:18:23 pm »
Early ko might help too, if it goes ahead then

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1857 on: February 21, 2018, 02:40:42 pm »
Early ko might help too, if it goes ahead then

It's definitely 12:30, as it's scheduled for Sky at that time.

That's bank holiday weekend as well, mind.

Thanks for the replies folks. No doubt i'll have to try my luck in the exchange and pray!

Twitter | Blog

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #1858 on: February 21, 2018, 02:45:26 pm »
It's definitely 12:30, as it's scheduled for Sky at that time.

That's bank holiday weekend as well, mind.

Thanks for the replies folks. No doubt i'll have to try my luck in the exchange and pray!

It's not definitely 1230 Saturday it could still switch to Sunday depending on CL fixtures for English teams in the next round

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1859 on: February 21, 2018, 03:30:06 pm »
It's not definitely 1230 Saturday it could still switch to Sunday depending on CL fixtures for English teams in the next round

Ah, good point.
Twitter | Blog

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #1860 on: February 22, 2018, 04:56:04 pm »
CL games are following week and as its early kick off on sat anyway it wont change whether we are on the tues or weds that week.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1861 on: February 22, 2018, 05:31:15 pm »
it depends on other English teams in it to. It's not 100% the saturday

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1862 on: February 22, 2018, 06:25:42 pm »
So with just 15 days notice (the draw is on 16th March), they might have to change the date of the Palace game...FFS  ::)
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1863 on: February 22, 2018, 08:18:46 pm »
Yeah Chelsea v Spurs currently scheduled for 4 pm Sunday  so if nec they could switch the games depending on who plays when

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #1864 on: February 26, 2018, 12:10:15 am »
So with just 15 days notice (the draw is on 16th March), they might have to change the date of the Palace game...FFS  ::)

Yep 15 days to gamble on the train fares. Currently got a return to Euston for £26 on the saturday but would be lucky to get a single for that price if they move it to the sunday or a later kick off time on the saturday!

Makes you wonder why the hell dont they just put the Chelsea v Spurs game on the friday/saturday night?
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #1865 on: March 14, 2018, 03:29:35 pm »
What did Man Utd away sell out at, I know it initially was 9, 8, 7 & 6 in the 1st set of sales.  Were there any additional sales before the returns sale.  Think sold out on 4.  Just putting a spreadsheet together with how allocations etc have changed between this season & last.  I had 10 aways last season, but could go as high as 14 (if I can get WBA), which is what I was on the season before.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1866 on: March 14, 2018, 04:58:28 pm »
What did Man Utd away sell out at, I know it initially was 9, 8, 7 & 6 in the 1st set of sales.  Were there any additional sales before the returns sale.  Think sold out on 4.  Just putting a spreadsheet together with how allocations etc have changed between this season & last.  I had 10 aways last season, but could go as high as 14 (if I can get WBA), which is what I was on the season before.
I think it sold out on 4 as well.

My mate is in the same boat as you as he was also on 14 2 seasons ago and 10 last season. Between us, we've managed to get 10 this season with 4 sales to go, including Palace tomorrow. Surely both WBA and Everton are the ones that may not drop to 10? If so, could end up on 12 or 13 this season...will be chuffed if he gets back up to 14.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1867 on: July 24, 2018, 06:50:25 am »
Everton have got 3600 at Wolves, easily the biggest allocation in the league then, should definitely drop to STH

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #1868 on: July 24, 2018, 07:56:52 am »
Everton have got 3600 at Wolves, easily the biggest allocation in the league then, should definitely drop to STH

Where you getting that from?

PREMIER LEAGUE
WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS V EVERTON
MOLINEUX STADIUM
SATURDAY, AUGUST 11, 2018
KICK OFF 5.30PM

Please note the customer number of each attending supporter must be given at the point of sale.

We have received an allocation of 3,008 tickets

That's what I've seen

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1869 on: July 24, 2018, 08:28:57 am »
Where you getting that from?

PREMIER LEAGUE
WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS V EVERTON
MOLINEUX STADIUM
SATURDAY, AUGUST 11, 2018
KICK OFF 5.30PM

Please note the customer number of each attending supporter must be given at the point of sale.

We have received an allocation of 3,008 tickets

That's what I've seen
Lad who I work with is a blue an he’s just told me they got 3600, maybe he’s wrong though, still 3000 not a bad allocation

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1870 on: July 24, 2018, 11:38:44 am »
Still one of the highest allocations even at 3,008 especially with a ground that size

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1871 on: July 24, 2018, 05:32:06 pm »
Hopefully palace away details will be out next week

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #1872 on: July 26, 2018, 08:47:13 am »
Hopefully palace away details will be out next week

Less than 4 weeks and still no news. Wasn't one of the reasons they got rid of window sales was to release the information for aways a lot earlier than before?

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #1873 on: July 26, 2018, 02:45:48 pm »
Anyone know if away fans will be pitch side at Old Trafford/St James Park this year?
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1874 on: July 26, 2018, 04:04:20 pm »
Less than 4 weeks and still no news. Wasn't one of the reasons they got rid of window sales was to release the information for aways a lot earlier than before?
Hospitality ticket exchange away ballot page  etc is still under maintenance so until that’s working don’t think ticket details will be released

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1875 on: July 26, 2018, 04:08:00 pm »
Anyone know if away fans will be pitch side at Old Trafford/St James Park this year?
Not sure about Old Trafford but I'm sure that I read somewhere that Newcastle are exempt from it for 3 seasons.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1876 on: July 26, 2018, 04:37:09 pm »
Newcastle get a pass citing health and saftey issues. Load of shite
cyas

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1877 on: July 26, 2018, 05:57:49 pm »

United technically is deemed pitchside based on the proximity so I think they don't need to make changes but Newcastle have made an excuse about Health and Safety reasons so got an extension to keep everybody up the top there... at least it's our last away so will be nice weather
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #1878 on: July 28, 2018, 01:40:34 pm »
Palace allocation up 11 tickets on last season, same starting point for sales (11 aways from 2017-18), sold out on 8 (initial sales & returns).  Guaranteed ticket this season, whereas was in the 2nd tier of sales last season.

Hope to end up with 14 or 15 aways at the end of the season, depends on what allocations we get from the newly promoted clubs.  With Swansea & WBA relegated, these are 2 aways that were difficult for me, so Cardiff, Fulham & Wolves should all give fairly decent allocations.  Huddersfield, Watford, Bournemouth & Burnley are all very unlikely aways for me this season.

Offline danielevans

• Main Stander
« Reply #1879 on: August 5, 2018, 07:36:47 pm »
Arsenal have received an allocation of 3,115 for Cardiff City.