Author Topic: Kirkby upgrade for 1st team??  (Read 121913 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Kirkby upgrade for 1st team??
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2019, 06:48:43 pm »
Looks a bit lopsided. We need to expand more to get up to 25 pitches. Are they going to re-route simonswood lane? Have the club bought Knowlesy business park in order to knock it down? What’s the future-proofing on this? Can they fill in the corners? It looks shit, the roofs weird.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2019, 06:01:01 am »
Looks a bit lopsided. We need to expand more to get up to 25 pitches. Are they going to re-route simonswood lane? Have the club bought Knowlesy business park in order to knock it down? What’s the future-proofing on this? Can they fill in the corners? It looks shit, the roofs weird.

Definitely lacking a train station and a wormhole.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2020, 11:59:53 am »
Noticed before Christmas a few of the UEFA u19 games got moved to the academy from Leigh (I think?) because of the pitch.

The women today have been postponed because of a waterlogged pitch at Tranmere

Has anyone heard if there’s plans to have any kind of mini stadium (And I mean mini!)  or similar in the new set up at Kirkby?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2020, 12:01:44 pm »
Nah, pretty certain there are no plans for that.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2020, 12:03:27 pm »
Nah, pretty certain there are no plans for that.

Wonder what the plan is then? Invest in Tranmere pitch or something perhaps? Think Arsenal have done similar to their host club?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2020, 12:05:16 pm »
I don't think the women even train there currently, or that there are plans for them to do so. That used to be the case anyway, might well have changed.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2020, 12:12:50 pm »
I don't think the women even train there currently, or that there are plans for them to do so. That used to be the case anyway, might well have changed.

I’d be surprised if the club don’t all come together at Kirkby eventually

Women’s game is a huge growth market even from a strict business point of view

Having a place to call their home and a decent facility to use would be good. Same for the reserves etc

Sure the club have a plan and don’t need my mindless speculation ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2020, 02:40:24 pm »
The women train at Tranmere's training ground.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2020, 12:50:57 am »
I’d be surprised if the club don’t all come together at Kirkby eventually

Women’s game is a huge growth market even from a strict business point of view

Having a place to call their home and a decent facility to use would be good. Same for the reserves etc

Sure the club have a plan and don’t need my mindless speculation ;D

Apparently FSG have plans to grow LFC Womens Team quite a bit in the future and are looking at recruiting some of the bigger names from the USA Womens team. Just rumours but been rumblings.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2020, 07:47:25 am »
I've seen the women's team burned too many times to share the same confidence that they will move to the new training ground. When it was being designed and developed they were using worse facilities than they are now and the club didn't work them into the plans then, so I don't see why would be worked in after they have been found something better.

Would there even be room for an additional full-time squad given one hasn't been accounted for originally? The reason they left the academy in the first place following their switch to full-time operation was because they were last priority having to schedule their training around everyone else and that meant late evening sessions.

If they do move there I can't imagine the set-up will be as optimal as it could have been if the club had truly accommodated for them in the original plans. Which they clearly haven't. I would like to see them there, but not if it means having to go back to being unable to a facility on a schedule which best suits their needs.

In an ideal world they would be moving into Melwood which was getting a new match pitch and match day facilities to also give them the stadium the city doesn't have but that is true pie in the sky wishful thinking.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2020, 08:08:33 am »
There was no chance a stadium, no matter how small, was getting built at Melwood - the site and location is just not suitable.

As for if it would be suitable, it has something like 12 outdoor pitches. If a schedule could not be designed which suited them and at least matched what they have at Tranmere (as I assume they are 2nd choice there too) then I’d be very surprised.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2020, 03:42:01 pm »
Aye, new Kirkby complex has something like 12 or is it 14 pitches? If we can't incorporate the Women's team to do their thing someone fucked up.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2020, 03:47:43 pm »
Aye, new Kirkby complex has something like 12 or is it 14 pitches? If we can't incorporate the Women's team to do their thing someone fucked up.

11 outdoor grass, 1 outdoor artificial, 1 new full sized indoor and whatever sized indoor the academy currently has.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2020, 04:01:24 pm »
There you go. We can easily incorporate the Women's team.

Also i bet we get some fucker to sponsor the new training facilities.  ;D

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2020, 12:14:07 pm »
I feel sorry for the women's team. Back to back league titles and then the club abandoned all responsibility and let them free fall into the situation they currently find themselves in, staring relegation in the face. The women's team should have been involved when it comes to the new training ground. They represent the club, they represent the city, they should be shown the same respect.

Considering they were part of the pre-season tour I thought steps might have been taken to integrate them into the same environment as the rest of the male teams from the academy age groups to first-team.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2020, 05:02:26 am »
Any updated pics ? Ta.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #96 on: February 1, 2020, 09:10:20 pm »
When is this expected to be completed? Will it be ready for the first team for the 2020-21 season

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #97 on: February 2, 2020, 11:44:06 am »
When is this expected to be completed? Will it be ready for the first team for the 2020-21 season

Yep, ready for the summer.

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #98 on: February 4, 2020, 12:42:34 pm »
Very very soon according to Skyscraper city.

"Planned Inspections & Handover: 02/03/2020 to 13/03/2020

Press Conference: 16/03/2020

I have no doubt that these deadlines will be met."
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 4, 2020, 03:50:08 pm »
Latest updates on Skyscraper City for those interested: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1977363&page=16
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2020, 12:11:14 pm »
Just a query, but will the kirkby first team facilities have a full covered pitch in doors. Some articles mention it but the above article calls out an indoor sports hall. Not sure if it will be a fully covered pitch.
Saying that, the above is a good article. Looks like Klopp has bugged the architects to ensure no wind destroys his training.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2020, 12:28:29 pm »
Just a query, but will the kirkby first team facilities have a full covered pitch in doors. Some articles mention it but the above article calls out an indoor sports hall. Not sure if it will be a fully covered pitch.
Saying that, the above is a good article. Looks like Klopp has bugged the architects to ensure no wind destroys his training.

Yeah it will.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2020, 12:30:29 pm »
I have to pinch myself sometimes. A lot of my dreams are finally coming true as a Liverpool supporter after many years of suffering watching us standing still and making so many bad decisions. So happy to see the infrastructure of the club now being built up and us competing for top honours every season.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2020, 06:27:25 pm »
Fantastic article, very informative. So awesome to see Klopp's fingerprints are going to be all over it and the youth teams and first team will benefit from it and him for decades to come. What a man.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2020, 06:29:27 pm »
Kirkby Kloppby Training Complex

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2020, 07:50:24 pm »

The first thing I thought when they were moving there was it'll be a nightmare with the wind. Luckily Klopp is always on the ball. Hopefully that won't be an issue.

The level of detail that's gone into it is impressive with a lot of Klopp input. Shades of how Shankly reshaped Melwood.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2020, 08:17:38 pm »
The first thing I thought when they were moving there was it'll be a nightmare with the wind. Luckily Klopp is always on the ball. Hopefully that won't be an issue.

The Academy has had an indoor pitch for years.

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2020, 03:01:20 am »
Have the plans been released for Melwood redevelopment yet?   I hope they retain 2 of the football pitches for Sunday league to play at.   That would be pretty cool saying you've played at Melwood!!
Klopp that!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2020, 07:13:08 am »
Have the plans been released for Melwood redevelopment yet?   I hope they retain 2 of the football pitches for Sunday league to play at.   That would be pretty cool saying you've played at Melwood!!

No pitches but a lot of green space.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2020, 08:09:47 am »
The Academy has had an indoor pitch for years.

I know but you don't want to train indoors all the time
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2020, 12:28:09 pm »
Minor issue - is the new training complex far from Melwood? I'm wondering would any of the players or coaches be put out with their commuting a bit more.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2020, 12:32:24 pm »
Minor issue - is the new training complex far from Melwood? I'm wondering would any of the players or coaches be put out with their commuting a bit more.

About 15 mins.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2020, 12:36:52 pm »

Will be quicker for those coming from Formby (inc. the manager).

Offline TrustInRafa

• Main Stander
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2020, 09:50:31 am »
Nice video explaining the new training complex.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwSL2ReHTEw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwSL2ReHTEw</a>
What can I say, I love the club

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2020, 01:09:43 pm »

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2020, 10:18:29 am »
WIND IS THE BIGGEST ENEMY IN FOOTBALL – Jürgen Norbert Klopp

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2020, 03:47:43 pm »
Nice video explaining the new training complex.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mwSL2ReHTEw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mwSL2ReHTEw</a>
fixed your link :wave
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2020, 03:48:47 pm »
I saw that video on my timeline on twitter. The guy keeps saying "Kerkbee".  Silent second K you fuckers. ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2020, 03:53:53 pm »
I saw that video on my timeline on twitter. The guy keeps saying "Kerkbee".  Silent second K you fuckers. ;D

Is that pronounced fuck ers? Or fu ers?