Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (home vs Chelsea - 01/05 - 19:00 ko) (*)  (Read 597632 times)

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
Re: Liverpool Women FC (Championship winners 2021-22, promoted back to WSL!!!) (*)
« Reply #3920 on: September 30, 2022, 07:01:56 pm »
Anyone know if this Sunday's game will be streamed anywhere?
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Anyone know if this Sunday's game will be streamed anywhere?

No clue.I did go have a look around the sites but messed up on the time difference game's already done and dusted,won 1-0!

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Sunderland were supposed to live stream it, but they had tech difficulties so it never happened. The full match should be on the FA Player tomorrow.

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
I'm really looking forward to this Sunday's match.
Will be my first time seeing the women's team this season. (The Reading game was cancelled cos of the queen).

If I'm honest I think Spurs will be slightly too much for us,
But I'd love us to nick the 3 points.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
No sign of Van Der Sanden in the photos. :(

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/photos-lfc-women-prepare-wsl-trip-tottenham
Beard has been saying this week that her return date is now unknown. Annoying really, because this story started with her set to miss the opener (that then got cancelled because of the queen anyway) but being ready for Everton - only for her to go off on an international duty in the time between those two matches and then seemingly not kick all ball since.

Hopefully she's back in time for Nov and Dec because there are some league fixtures in there that we should 100% be targetting for wins.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

The match vs Spurs (a 2pm kick off) is free on The FA Player - www.live-footballontv.com

Though anyone looking for a stream: http://ht.freestreams-live1.com/channel-67
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:07:35 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Spurs 1-0 at HT.

Own goal by Fahey 11th min.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
So far it's kinda how I expected.

Spurs are well on top.

Apart from the own goal Fahey  has been really good, so has Katie Stengel.

Not sure what's happened to Jaz Matthews, she's made more mistakes in this first half than she seems to have made in the whole of last season.

Hopefully we can nic a goal and then keep a clean sheet  2nd half, then pick up a point.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Absolutely dominated the 2nd half.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
It finished   Spurs 0:1 Liverpool

We were really good for the last 30min.

Our improvement coincided with bringing on Ceri Holland and moving Matthews into central midfield. Much more energy and aggression than Furney and Bo Kearns.

On the whole I'm not too disappointed to be honest.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
It finished   Spurs 0:1 Liverpool

We were really good for the last 30min.

Our improvement coincided with bringing on Ceri Holland and moving Matthews into central midfield. Much more energy and aggression than Furney and Bo Kearns.

On the whole I'm not too disappointed to be honest.
It's disappointing to lose to the goal that we did, but I think I'm with you, and only because Spurs away wasn't a fixture that I immediately thought of as winnable going off their form last season. We were lucky to face them when they were a bit depleted though, and I suppose that is another factor that makes the failure to pick up any points grate so much - but it's not like we were able to be full strength either.

Hopefully we can start with what is our best available XI against Arsenal next weekend.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
van de Sanden is back in the training pics. Hard to tell if she is training properly since she is only photographed twice, my guess is no. But better to see her there in any capacity than not see her at all.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Liverpool Women v Arsenal Women - a 12 noon kick off.

The match is live in the UK on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer, and the BBC Sport Website.

Streams: http://ig.freestreams-live1.com/bbc-two & http://ig.freestreams-live1.com/channel-19 & http://ig.freestreams-live1.com/cbssn-usa

Arsenal XI: Zinsberger; Wienroither, Wubben-Moy, Catley, McCabe; Walti, Little, Maanum; Mead, Blackstenius, Foord. - https://twitter.com/ArsenalWFC

Walti goal for Arsenal on 15' - https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1584142611081998337 & https://v.redd.it/x48h1xgvmjv91

Leonhardsen-Maanum goal for Arsenal on 22' - https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1584144520651808768

« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 12:49:36 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
Hard match today, Arsenal scored with their first two shots on target and Liverpool didn't create too much. They look decent enough defensively at WSL level but really struggling for goals (not that having Kiernan and van de Sanden out helps, of course).

• Legacy Fan
Need an early peno next game if we wanna get a goal. :)

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Hard match today, Arsenal scored with their first two shots on target and Liverpool didn't create too much. They look decent enough defensively at WSL level but really struggling for goals (not that having Kiernan and van de Sanden out helps, of course).

Not getting any points from the match was not what I wanted, however it was a better result than I was expecting to be honest.

I think we did well against an Arsenal team that often spend their Sunday afternoons smashing teams 4 or 6 nil.

We seemed way better yesterday against Arsenal than we were most of last weekend's game against Spurs.
Matthews did really well in midfield next to Ceri Holand (not as creative as Bo Kearns or Furney, but really solid), Lawley was also very good again. Laws made some great saves, and the defence kept a free scoring Arsenal down to relatively few chances.

Next up in the League is Man City, I will once again be watching from behind the sofa, praying that we don't get absolutely smashed.
Then 2 more winable matches against our rivals (Brighton & Reading), get 4 or 6 points out of those 2 games and we'll be all smiles again.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I would have liked some points yesterday - as you do every time you have a match - but I could recognise how much more difficult that was going to be without Kiernan. And I can also recognise that having only 3pts after four matches is probably about right.

Reading, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs (A), Arsenal, City is not at all a kind start to the league. That's last season's top three, a Spurs who were pushing for finishing that high themselves at one point, and an unpredictable derby.

Out of all those, I was only expecting points against Reading and that's the match that was postponed. Everton were poor last season and had started poorly this season at the time our fixture came around but I did still think we could come away with something if all went right on the day. Ended up being a different story of course. Still, I thought we would be sitting on 3pts at this stage and we are sitting on 3pts. It just happens to be that they came against Chelsea instead of Reading. I do believe we would have otherwise had 6pts had we been able to play Reading because they're awful.

Villa, Brighton, Reading (rearranged), West Ham and Leicester are our fixtures through Nov-Dec. If we still had Kiernan I would back us to win against any of those. It's much trickier without her but we should still be able to pick up good results from that lot. We looked more than equal to Villa and West Ham during preseason and those two are the better ones.

We have a dry run against Leicester on Wednesday in the cup. Assuming we take it seriously, we should get a useful comparison between us and a team who already look a safe bet to be in the relegation scrap. But I'm confident that isn't our level despite our current goal rate being low.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Not directly related to Liverpool Women FC...

NWSL playoff semi-final yesterday in Portland.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1584319706718035968

All the smug, "no one watches women's pro sports" twats can shut the fuck up.

Thorns support, 22,035, going absolutely nuts...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Legacy Fan
It was a semi-final so expected.there were 3,500 at Tranmere? Incidently does anyone know how the transfers system works in womens football?The NWSL season is done there has to be some players Liverpool could get in on loan,no?

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
It was a semi-final so expected.there were 3,500 at Tranmere? Incidently does anyone know how the transfers system works in womens football?The NWSL season is done there has to be some players Liverpool could get in on loan,no?
The transfer system works the same as it does in men's football.

It's not that unheard of for players in the NWSL to go on loan to teams in other countries that are still playing through the US off-season so they're able to plug the gap. Australia used to be a favoured destination because that league and the NWSL used to run through completely separate months, allowing players to play year-round if they liked, flip-flopping between the two. It isn't the done thing now, all the Aussie national team got told to go play in Europe, and once they were no longer in Australia, nobody else wanted to be and so the level there nosedived.

There's nothing to stop us getting NWSL players on loan if both sides are up for it. We would have to wait until January, however. And there's a chance players would want to leave us before our season ends in order to get back to the US for the NWSL season starting. It's a World Cup year though, so I imagine the US internationals might get rounded up into a residential camp through the NWSL off-season, or will at least be busy with multiple camps outside of international windows. US based national team players of other countries going to the World Cup will probably be very keen to find somewhere to play for the next six months though.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think we did well against an Arsenal team that often spend their Sunday afternoons smashing teams 4 or 6 nil.

We seemed way better yesterday against Arsenal than we were most of last weekend's game against Spurs.
Definitely, Liverpool looked good.

From an Arsenal perspective, the league is stronger this year and those kind of scorelines won't be as common as they were.

Liverpool defeating Chelsea wasn't a result anybody predicted. Man Utd is stronger. City has struggled and Everton/West Ham look good too.

• Legacy Fan
The transfer system works the same as it does in men's football.

It's not that unheard of for players in the NWSL to go on loan to teams in other countries that are still playing through the US off-season so they're able to plug the gap. Australia used to be a favoured destination because that league and the NWSL used to run through completely separate months, allowing players to play year-round if they liked, flip-flopping between the two. It isn't the done thing now, all the Aussie national team got told to go play in Europe, and once they were no longer in Australia, nobody else wanted to be and so the level there nosedived.

There's nothing to stop us getting NWSL players on loan if both sides are up for it. We would have to wait until January, however. And there's a chance players would want to leave us before our season ends in order to get back to the US for the NWSL season starting. It's a World Cup year though, so I imagine the US internationals might get rounded up into a residential camp through the NWSL off-season, or will at least be busy with multiple camps outside of international windows. US based national team players of other countries going to the World Cup will probably be very keen to find somewhere to play for the next six months though.

Cheers,i thought they might have different transfer rules for womens leagues.So January it is then hopefully Beard can use his USA connections.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Yeah, but there were over 27,000 at Anfield in the derby earlier in season - plus 3,500 at Prenton Park is almost 25% of capacity, disappointing perhaps against Arsenal, but not so bad and something to build on.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, but there were over 27,000 at Anfield in the derby earlier in season - plus 3,500 at Prenton Park is almost 25% of capacity, disappointing perhaps against Arsenal, but not so bad and something to build on.
Our attendance vs Arsenal was a record for us at Prenton Park and beat the attendance vs Chelsea for the season opener, which was itself a record. We've pretty much doubled our gates on last season. And we're getting more through them than other WSL clubs are managing this time around even after their Euros bounce. Granted, we've only had two home matches so far. Hardly a truly useful sample size. But it's definitely encouraging. And it's probably enough reason to ponder what the crowds could be if we were playing somewhere better located, and then bemoan that we can't.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Something of a B team for Leicester tonight, so I guess we aren't going to get that decent look at the level of our first XI vs them before our league fixtures against them and the other teams making up the bottom of the table.

Cumings, Roberts, Robe, Silcock, Matthews, Campbell, Kearns, Wardlaw, Furness, Humphrey, Lawley
Laws, Kirby, Koivisto, Fahey, Hinds, Holland, Daniels, Stengel, Flaherty

No streams sadly.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Our attendance vs Arsenal was a record for us at Prenton Park and beat the attendance vs Chelsea for the season opener, which was itself a record. We've pretty much doubled our gates on last season. And we're getting more through them than other WSL clubs are managing this time around even after their Euros bounce. Granted, we've only had two home matches so far. Hardly a truly useful sample size. But it's definitely encouraging. And it's probably enough reason to ponder what the crowds could be if we were playing somewhere better located, and then bemoan that we can't.
Agree with all that - definitely encouraging.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'HIGHLIGHTS: Leicester 0 - 4 Liverpool Women | League Cup' - a 2 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2qMueq9KNGg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2qMueq9KNGg</a>

Match Report: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-women-beat-leicester-4-0-continental-league-cup

Wikipedia page for the 2022/23 Women's League Cup: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%9323_FA_Women%27s_League_Cup

« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 10:43:17 pm by oojason »

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
I watched the full match on the FaPlayer.
We played quite well and were dominant for most of the match, though there was a 20 min period in the 2nd half in with Leicester seemed to be in control without scoring.

Mel Lawley was good (again), nice to see Furney as a forward again. Razza Roberts was also really good, as was Robe.
Good to see some of the lesser used players get a game, we'll probably need them sharp as the season progresses.

On the whole a good win against a 2nd string Leicester team.

I hope none of us are expecting a game anywhere as easy as that when we play them in the league.

'HIGHLIGHTS: Leicester 0 - 4 Liverpool Women | League Cup' - a 2 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2qMueq9KNGg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2qMueq9KNGg</a>

Match Report: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-women-beat-leicester-4-0-continental-league-cup

Wikipedia page for the 2022/23 Women's League Cup: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%9323_FA_Women%27s_League_Cup

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Away at City at 2pm. Match is on the FA Player. We drew 1-1 with them in preseason but they have turned a couple corners since after something of a stuttering start.

Looks like Matthews is still in the midfield and we are again two up top instead of three after our recent tweaking. We've been better off for it, on the most part I'd say. van de Sanden is in the match squad for the first time since preseason. Hopefully she can get some minutes so she is better up to speed for the fixtures we have leading into Christmas.

Laws, Koivisto, Flaherty, Fahey, Campbell, Matthews, Hinds, Kearns, Holland, Lawley, Stengel
subs: Cumings, Robe, Roberts, Wardlaw, Furness, Humphrey, van de Sanden, Daniels, Silcock

• Legacy Fan
Done well for the first 45,an open play goal for the equalizer too.Do get the feeling City will be to strong as the game goes on but it's good stuff so far.
I'm watching here.http://www.hesgoal.com/news/Manchester%20City%20W%20vs%20Liverpool%20W.html

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
60mim gone and we're still doing ok, much better than I'd thought we would do.

Glad we have finally scored a goal from open play in the league.

Done well for the first 45,an open play goal for the equalizer too.Do get the feeling City will be to strong as the game goes on but it's good stuff so far.
I'm watching here.http://www.hesgoal.com/news/Manchester%20City%20W%20vs%20Liverpool%20W.html

• Legacy Fan
Oh well,lost 2-1 but could of sneaked a draw in stoppage time. The 2 goal line clearences kept us in the game,probs Campbell player of the game for me.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I was a little concerned for how today would go when I saw Holland drop out of the line up because we look so much better with her, but we held our own enough. Maybe the recent change in shape makes it a touch easier to cope with her absence. Still, hopefully she was only withdrawn as a precaution and she is fine.

I do think we rode our luck at times. Two shots cleared off the line, a couple other City chances that could have gone in. We didn't have anywhere near as many chances of our own but there were some we could have made a bit more of after forcing City's defence into mistakes, just like the one Stengel did finish. I enjoyed seeing that pressing game come back. No idea if it was tactical to not use it so much in the last couple of matches but we do it well when we're doing it.

Time to put some points on the board now that horrendous run of opening fixtures is over. Villa first who are a bit hit and miss. Then a really misfiring Brighton who got battered 8-0 today by Spurs.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Apparently Ceri Holand is out for a while.
A tragedy in my mind. As Kellen mentioned, we play so much better with her on the pitch.

Hopefully Matthews will play in midfield in her absence.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They'll do well to survive this season. Just isn't enough goals in them. Need some proper investment into the squad. Much like the men's team.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
They'll do well to survive this season. Just isn't enough goals in them. Need some proper investment into the squad. Much like the men's team.
I wouldn't say things are quite that desperate. All the bottom half of the table teams have been scoring their goals against sides we haven't faced yet, while we've been facing teams who are currently making up the top 6 for least conceded. And all while we didn't have Kiernan, plus one summer signing who has only just got onto the pitch.

Villa, Brighton and Reading are our remaining matches this month. If we get to the end of it without scoring a few against those it becomes fairer to start questioning ourselves.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

an alternative stream to the FA Player - http://ft.freestreams-live1.com/ifollow-29/

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
I'm not enjoying this match at all.
It's 20 min in and I don't think we have  strung 3 passes together.

Everything is long over the top, or long throw.

I think the problem is the mid-field  :(