Author Topic: Survivors: Talk about it, share it, we'll try to help  (Read 210103 times)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Survivors: Talk about it, share it, we'll try to help
« Reply #320 on: September 15, 2012, 12:00:57 pm »
It's difficult to know what to say when reading this topic, it's overwhelming. But a huge thank you to all of you for sharing your stories and I hope very much that doing so helps.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2012, 04:08:20 pm »
Choked reading that, downhill.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
« Reply #322 on: September 16, 2012, 05:18:58 am »
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s90//sh/56f17ed3-acd7-4e93-9a47-c199dff11841/aa50f3987b820c0fe21b40f579dee371

It took me 20 years to write this, but feel like it may be time to post this. Thanks. JFT96. YNWA.
Excellent this, Paul.
And I'll have none of this 'failed musician' stuff - you are one of the greatest guitarists I've ever seen.
Faith is a passionate intuition.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

Offline Tasunke Witko

• Boys Pen
  • As Emlyn Hughes lifts the European cup
« Reply #323 on: September 16, 2012, 04:30:27 pm »
My first post here on RAWK so hello everybody you do a great job here.

Firstly I wasn't at Hillsborough I was at work in Chigwell London when the news came over the radio and having been a fan since 1974 I knew the culture of the club very well so I was never taken in by police reports or official government dictat but I have felt for all the people affected ever since,
all I can say is a huge well done to the people who kept going and going and going until the truth finally came out you are a credit to your City your club and above all else the 96 relatives so shamefully   tarnished by the unspeakables.

Words fail me in my admiration for all of you.
Tommy Smith rises above the monchengladbach defence to power an unstoppable header into the back of the net, no more than Liverpool deserve it has to be said now all around is red.

(Tasunke Witko) Lakota Sioux for crazy Horse

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
« Reply #324 on: September 18, 2012, 09:54:26 am »

Firstly I wasn't at Hillsborough I was at work in Chigwell London when the news came over the radio and having been a fan since 1974 I knew the culture of the club very well so I was never taken in by police reports or official government dictat but I have felt for all the people affected ever since,
all I can say is a huge well done to the people who kept going and going and going until the truth finally came out you are a credit to your City your club and above all else the 96 relatives so shamefully   tarnished by the unspeakables.

Tasunke Witko, this is very kind of you to say.

"kept going and going and going" ..... yes, and what a strange thing to do when you see no light at the end of the tunnel, but it re-affirms a lesson for me and must be a wonderful lesson for many people across the world, no less...

Offline the invisible man

• ( )
  • Legacy Fan
  • who am I?
« Reply #325 on: September 18, 2012, 12:02:27 pm »

greetings crazy horse..... my fav player ever..our Emlyn Hughes, sadly missed but with our 96... ynwa
t.i.m...

Offline the invisible man

• ( )
  • Legacy Fan
  • who am I?
« Reply #326 on: September 18, 2012, 12:06:35 pm »
 :wave

thanks downhill.... its unbelievable the number of people who have never told their story, either because like you, there was probably no one who could listen n understand, or carried the guilt of not being able to help save more, even though most were trapped, or for many other reasons.. it was brave of you to share, i bet it feels good now...

respect... ynwa
t.i.m...

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2012, 09:56:04 pm »
Fuck me. Reading the report and watching that Gareth fella conducting his NHS choir singing "Everybody hurts". Choked up again.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2012, 10:16:09 pm »
Fuck me. Reading the report and watching that Gareth fella conducting his NHS choir singing "Everybody hurts". Choked up again.

May I offer "Lean on me".   :wave
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2012, 10:23:36 pm »
May I offer "Lean on me".   :wave
Thank you :)

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2012, 01:57:33 pm »

BUT, WE ARE STILL HERE. WE HAVE WON OUT OVER THEIR LIES. WE WILL NEVER FEEL BE ABLE TO CELEBRATE, we will still weep with pain at times, but on Wednesday, the Hillsborough Independent Panel helped free us of the extra pain, that pain we couldn't understand but still felt.

So, Hillsborough survivors, try to hold your heads up, walk tall for once. You never deserved this pain and you deserve to LIVE in peace.

AND NOW FOR JUSTICE.

So true, I do feel better, not massively but somehow better. Remember at the time, for the first few days I felt peoples love and support but once the smear campaign got into full swing, attitudes change, not massively with friends but enough to notice. Obviously all the shit cut no ice with my real loved ones, Mum, sisters, the ones that really count, they knew it was bullshit, I couldn't tell them much cause its hard to talk once you get hysterical, but I told them enough but also in the days before the internet it was harder to get the info.
I know what I saw, but I wasn't everywhere and couldn't see everything. So at times I even doubted while the wait for Lord Justice Taylor to do his job, & let SYMM bastards that he wasn't someone they could lie to and he'd except the lying bastards words.
The internet was a God send, I was fairly late to it and rather read than post most of the time.
I was away in Greece for all of September for my wedding then honeymoon, avoided the papers and net and asked guests if we could just leave it for now. Only thing I caught really while out there was the PM was going to say sorry in Parliament, started me off, had to run back to my room and knew that its affected so much of my life, that it wasn't going to fuck up how I felt for my wedding day and honeymoon, so the barriers went up and people asked if they wouldn't mind avoiding it.
Catching up since we got home last Thursday and I think at the moment vindication is my overwhelming feeling, plus some anger but this is now a steam train with no breaks and The Truth is now out as FACT! That feels good, justice for the guilty has to come, if their not already paying their price on the other side.
Sorry its a bit of a ramble but my life at the moment feels like a fresh start and this is a big part of that. Cause there were times when these days seemed as though they would never come, and in those dark days I don't how the families continued, for my shame there were times where I couldn't.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: October 11, 2012, 03:46:48 pm »
Nothing to be ashamed about mate.  Families I've spoken to had many dark days too.  Times when it got overwhelming.  Times when they had to take pause.  No shame attaches to anyone for anything.  Good luck to you in your new life and every happiness to you and your bride.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: October 12, 2012, 10:57:29 am »
Thanks, that's really appreciated Maggie May. All the best.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline downhill

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #333 on: October 14, 2012, 09:04:38 pm »
Hi again everyone.
I posted my experiences above but have since dug into my 'archive' & would like to share this with you.
I did an interview with my local paper on the Sunday, which they published on the Monday morning, & reading it through I came across the paragraph that I've attached. (I would love to post the whole article but its too big to download)

I knew the the truth the following day but it took 23 years for 'them' to believe what we all knew!!
Bastards........makes me feel really bitter again!!!

Offline Jo S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Usually late but rarely misses kick off!
« Reply #334 on: March 13, 2013, 10:01:10 am »
I know we get help on here and some people I have met through RAWK have literally saved my life many times over. The thing that really chokes me is that when you ask for help from the outside world like your GP do they really give a flying one?

Yesterday I asked a GP (the only one I could get an appointment with) could she allow me a temporary increase in my prescription of 28 diazepam per month one tablet per day. In all honesty I know they don't like giving them out cos they are addictive but I have been on them for years and never asked for 'extra'.  I don''t drink or take any other type of drugs and I have broken down many times over the past 23 years. I thought honesty was the best policy so I politely told the GP straight. I'm sorry to ask Doctor but If my mind is racing at a thousand miles an hour one tablet is as useless as an Aspirin. She said you can take up to three, so I said how does that work of I only get one a day?

She said I have read your notes about being traumatised by the "Bradford Fire Incident" but it was a long time ago and you need to stop using it is as an excuse.

I just looked at her in disbelief and muttered a thank you for the advice doctor, I understand.

Numb with shock I walked out. I Have previously begged for Diazepam  (Valium) and even admitted to taking the risk of buying my own supply on the Internet. They may well be addictive but they are the only thing that can save me when I wake up from a nightmare dripping with sweat when It s -7C outside.

As far as I can make out I have tried every which way to help myself. I have scrimped to pay for private Hypnotherapy (no help). Got a book shelf full of self help books which I have read over and over and been for counselling and to see shrinks. All I asked was for just a bit of help and to be able to sleep without fear. Just to forget the pain for a bit. Surely if your own head is causing you mental torture they who have entered a 'caring profession' can empathise.

Bot nope even when they are your last resort because you don't want to beg and lower yourself, those caring professionals who have read your notes give you the wrong label and send you on your way. But as if that's not enough they make you feel like a nuisance time waster whilst they are about it.

Why bother begging if you scrimp enough you can toddle off to a private GP who will give you plenty of diazepam in exchange for plenty of money.

So much for justice eh?
If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day
Like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
« Reply #335 on: March 13, 2013, 11:29:04 am »

She said I have read your notes about being traumatised by the "Bradford Fire Incident" but it was a long time ago and you need to stop using it is as an excuse.

Really sorry to hear this Jo

I’m not medically trained, but my thoughts are:

- You need to change your GP and get access to the care that you obviously need.   You have a right to do that, and the relationship obviously isn’t working if he/she is saying things like you need to stop making ‘excuses’.  Speak to the practice manager and ask if you can have another GP.  If they won’t, look at another practice

- You may find it helpful to write down your symptoms and history before appointments.  It may also help to take a partner or friend with you for support

- You should ask your new GP to review your medication.  Like I say, I’m not medically trained but I believe that Diazepam  is an outdated drug that would not usually be prescribed these days, but ask for a review.   Being able to get a decent night’s sleep should help a lot; nobody can function without it

- Whatever you do, please don’t buy any prescription drugs on the internet.  You have no idea what you are taking, or if it is appropriate to you.  It might make things a whole lot worse, as well as make you poorer

-  You should ask your GP for a referral for a talking therapy, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or similar ideally with someone experienced with PTSD.   This is available on the NHS but there might be a wait, and  you may need to be assertive with your GP

- In addition, exercise can help a lot with general anxiety.  Can you go for a run/ walk, aerobics  or do a yoga or pilates class?  Even if it clears your mind for 30 mins it can help.  I had some sort of breakdown after Hillsborough.  Ridiculous as it seems but at the time, I was too ashamed to seek any help or even discuss it with my parents as I thought that men in white coats might take me away.  I managed to get through it by jogging on Crosby beach and by doing yoga that I learnt from a book.  I don’t recommend that in isolation – and thankfully, understanding of mental health, and attitudes towards it, have since moved on so much – but it did actually help a lot.

- You sound like you are away from Liverpool, but the HJC may be able to help.  Have a look at http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/survivors.shtm

Best of luck
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:18:49 pm by The Tenacious Kennedy »
Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Offline Jo S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #336 on: March 14, 2013, 05:52:32 am »
Thank you TTK for taking the time and trouble to reply. I thought my preferred GP in the practice of 12 doctors understood me. We both agreed CBT wasn't working and she really seemed to care. She has a heavy workload like everyone these days so I was really moved when she said she had thought of me on the momentous day the Prime Minister apologised.
I suppose it just felt like a kick in the stomach when other GP said it was in my notes about the Bradford Fire.

I know it's up to me to survive just like it was in '89. It's just sometimes when I read stuff on here I feel like I am so stupid and that I have been wishing for the truth all this time - when I didn't even know most of it myself. The GP that gave me my original prescription is okay, best I have come across in my lifetime at least.

Just ignore me I'm not worth a second thought, there are people much worse off. My parents don't allow any mention of the 'H' word it's not allowed. My husband does come with me to the GP but it never seems to make a difference.

Anyway sorry for wasting your time and thanks again for the reply.

P.S the men in white coats bit of your post is such a relief to hear. I have long been terrified to admit how bad I feel when things get really bad, like you I thought it best to pretend I was fine. No way was I going to let them put me in a mental hospital.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:57:59 am by Jo S »
Is to save every day

I'd save every day

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: March 14, 2013, 11:38:14 pm »
Thank you TTK for taking the time and trouble to reply. I thought my preferred GP in the practice of 12 doctors understood me. We both agreed CBT wasn't working and she really seemed to care. She has a heavy workload like everyone these days so I was really moved when she said she had thought of me on the momentous day the Prime Minister apologised.
I suppose it just felt like a kick in the stomach when other GP said it was in my notes about the Bradford Fire.

I know it's up to me to survive just like it was in '89. It's just sometimes when I read stuff on here I feel like I am so stupid and that I have been wishing for the truth all this time - when I didn't even know most of it myself. The GP that gave me my original prescription is okay, best I have come across in my lifetime at least.

Just ignore me I'm not worth a second thought, there are people much worse off. My parents don't allow any mention of the 'H' word it's not allowed. My husband does come with me to the GP but it never seems to make a difference.

Anyway sorry for wasting your time and thanks again for the reply.

P.S the men in white coats bit of your post is such a relief to hear. I have long been terrified to admit how bad I feel when things get really bad, like you I thought it best to pretend I was fine. No way was I going to let them put me in a mental hospital.

No one will ever ever ignore you and you should never feel you aren't worth a second thought. It's not OUR way and it most certainly must not be yours. Any help any of us can offer or steer you towards we will. We are here. Others much better than me who know the right people to talk to

Community is not just in the streets around you. For Liverpool it's here too  :)
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #338 on: March 14, 2013, 11:41:24 pm »
Jo S, are you anywhere near Garston? I know of a GP down that way who specialises in Human-Givens technique therapy, which is said to be extremely effective on PTSD symptoms extremely quickly.

That aside, your GP needs a fucking smack. Get on to the charity MIND and tell them your story - they will help you sort the GP out under NICE guidelines. Don't take that shit lying down. I'm disgusted at what I've read and I truly feel for you.

Offline Jo S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #339 on: March 15, 2013, 01:52:19 am »
Thank you so much for you support, to come on here in the early hours of the morning when your mind can play it's worst tricks is truly humbling. I have been so lucky to have been supported by a lot genuine kind reds who have helped me in my darkest hours.

I am a bit of a 'wool' (joke) these days as we moved to Halifax for work just over eleven years ago. In the early days I stopped going to the match for about fourteen years (I always missed the atmosphere and camaraderie but avidly followed from a safe distance via radio/TV). Then I got a bit of courage back and tentatively returned to the fold.

I also found RAWK and made loads of new like minded friends. I don't really know why but the Truth coming out almost made me freeze back to '89 and I haven't set foot in a football ground this season. The GP has referred me to the psychologist who is meant to be more successful than the Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. The only bad news there is that is apparently a two year wait :(

Some good news though :) I found out today that I might be able to get some money (about 6K) from my pension. It's not definite but the pension people said that there is a good chance. So I thought if I got the money I could maybe use it to pay for some private treatment. I haven't ever been seen by a private person but apparently they usually treat you nicer then the NHS.

I am not trying to jump the queue or anything just trying to get through best I can and I am sure there are thousands who are in the same boat.

Sincere thanks to you all, especially TTK, Harinder and 24/7. I save looking on here until it's late because it's almost like my comfort blanket and I think maybe there is some good news on RAWK. Sorry if I sound childish but apparently in the eyes of the law I was a child in 1989 and reliving the whole thing all though brilliant because the truth is out there it also puts right back to April the 14th 1989 when I was an excited kid who was going all the way to Sheffield on me own with me packed lunch... How cool was I! But..... when I woke up on April the 16th and me mates wanted to play 'Goalie in and out' in the street I didn't.....

That was when it really hit me, they were still children but I wasn't. I knew DEATH in all it's horror and they didn't. How could I tell them? I couldn't - bad enough that my innocence had been snatched away, I couldn't take their's too. Anyway I wasn't really a kid, I was sixteen albeit a very sheltered sixteen and some had it a lot worse.
Is to save every day

I'd save every day

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: March 15, 2013, 09:50:49 am »
Hi Jo I'll write again in more detail later, but I have to warn you that you should exercise extreme caution with accessing funds from your pension

There is a growing type of fraud called pension liberation fraud.  Sometimes it is outright illegal, sometimes it is on the margins of legality.            In either case, you can stand to lose all your pension. 

Even in the semi-legal cases, you can end up losing 110% of your pension fund, as the company might  take 60% of your pension in charges, and then the Inland Revenue then hit you with a tax charge that wipes out the rest, leaving you actually owing money to the Revenue.

See http://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/pension-liberation-fraud.aspx

Sorry as I know you won’t want to hear this, but I have to warn you in case you get ripped off.  There are so many sharks about who prey on people who are desperate for cash

I think that South Yorkshire Police and Sheffield Wednesday should pay for your care.  It might be worth seeing a solicitor

Offline Jo S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #341 on: March 15, 2013, 10:23:28 am »
Thanks TTK, it's a Civil Service Pension and it's pay & personnel who have been dealing with me at the moment. I haven't spoken to anyone from outside if that makes any sense but am definitely keeping my wits about me as I have heard lots of horror stories about soldiers suffering and not being able to get any help. The lady said I could get an award on health grounds and they would contact the GP. Will be sure to take advice before signing anything.

Thanks again for all you do for  everyone on here,

Jo :)
Is to save every day

I'd save every day

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: March 15, 2013, 10:38:41 am »
OK Jo, sorry got the wrong end of the stick.  If your personnel dept (rather than some sort of wild west claims management company) are sorting it out, that should be fine.  Still think that South Yorkshire Police should pay for it.  It was their negligence.  I m sure it would be worth a word with HJC about this

Offline Red4Life1978

• Justice Rottweiler
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2013, 10:46:04 am »
Hi Jo,

Having read your last few posts i just wanted to send you all my best wishes.
As Harinder said you will always have people on here who will listen and try to help.

Having read the suggestion of yoga and the fact that you have a shelf full of self help books i just wanted to offer this as a possibility as it contains some simple yoga exercises that may be useful to you:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Overcoming-Trauma-Through-Yoga-Reclaiming/dp/1556439695/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1363429965&sr=8-1

I'm no medical expert so if you don't think it is useful then please just ignore it!

Best Wishes,

James
"it was not a failure of the system in operation, but a failure of the Police to operate the system at all."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2013, 10:50:40 pm »
Alright Eric, Charlies by your side now, both of you drink some brown bitters and enjoy the good old days. Manns of course! ;D

JFT96

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2013, 11:18:53 pm »
Alright Eric, Charlies by your side now, both of you drink some brown bitters and enjoy the good old days. Manns of course! ;D

JFT96

Deepest condolences for your loss mate.

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
« Reply #346 on: April 15, 2013, 11:48:15 am »
Thoughts with everybody today.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #347 on: April 15, 2013, 12:55:49 pm »

Agreed.

Thoughts with those who did not go home directly as a result of this day.

Thoughts with those who passed on for other reasons.

Thoughts for us who keep the flame of JUSTICE burning.

JFT96
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: April 15, 2013, 05:09:07 pm »

Hello dearest mate.

Always the angel on your shoulder. 

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
« Reply #349 on: April 15, 2013, 05:23:22 pm »
Thank you Maggie xxxxx

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: April 15, 2013, 06:26:48 pm »
Thank you Maggie xxxxx

My pleasure my treasure.

I stand in awe of your courage and your resiliance.

And.

My dearest lad.

You won.

:champ

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2013, 09:39:54 pm »
I'm honestly not sure where to start. I was 12 years old and it was supposed to be one of the best days of my life. My Dad had got 2 tickets for the game and even though he couldn't go his best friend (also a red) was going to take me. We were sat in the stand opposite the stand the players came out of level with the 6 yard box. What happened has lived with me forever. I'll never forgot seeing people being dragged out, carried on advertising boards, people being given mouth to mouth, it was almost surreal.

I've always felt almost embarrassed that it upsets me and still does to this day. I didn't know any of the 96, I don't even know anyone who knows any of the 96. No matter, anything connected to Hillsborough and I start to well up. I don't live near Liverpool but I managed to get to the 20th remembrance service and just sat in tears. Anything on the telly to do with Hillsborough and I can feel myself welling up, any game I've been to with a minutes silence for the 96 and I start to well up, listening to any of the songs made to raise awareness or funds for Hillsborough and I can feel the tears coming.

I've had a few arguments over the years with the uneducated and tried to put them straight on the facts, some get it and some never will, even now the truth is out.

One thing I do know is how proud I am to be a red. No other club or set of supporters would have fought with such dignity, passion and relentless dedication to get the truth and justice for the 96. I'm actually in awe of the families of the 96 and how they have never ever given up, they are a true inspiration.

I know I'll never forget what happened that day in Sheffield and I don't actually ever want to.
JFT97

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #352 on: April 15, 2013, 10:13:07 pm »
I don't know if I can help but I do know that is a lot to deal with for a 12 year old. It doesn't matter that you don't know any of the 96 you were there, it was bound to have an impact. I do know what it's like to feel as though you're not really entitled to your grief, the feeling that someone is worse off than you so you should just get on with it etc. I felt guilty for a long time as I gave my ticket to my brother, who fortunately survived. I got some help and was able to talk about it which was good. Today still hurts like hell though.

Please try not to be embarrassed you're entitled to feel how you feel. Take care.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #353 on: April 16, 2013, 01:10:10 pm »
I don't know if I can help but I do know that is a lot to deal with for a 12 year old. It doesn't matter that you don't know any of the 96 you were there, it was bound to have an impact. I do know what it's like to feel as though you're not really entitled to your grief, the feeling that someone is worse off than you so you should just get on with it etc. I felt guilty for a long time as I gave my ticket to my brother, who fortunately survived. I got some help and was able to talk about it which was good. Today still hurts like hell though.

Please try not to be embarrassed you're entitled to feel how you feel. Take care.

Appreciate that, it's almost like for a long time I've blocked out that it upset me or affected me at all. As I've got older and got a family of my own I've realised there is no shame in crying and it actually helps.
JFT97

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #354 on: April 16, 2013, 09:59:53 pm »
Appreciate that, it's almost like for a long time I've blocked out that it upset me or affected me at all. As I've got older and got a family of my own I've realised there is no shame in crying and it actually helps.

Your story is similar to mine in some ways.  The welling up happens on a regular basis for me too, and I was 21.  There is certainly no shame in that.

I have close friends, one of them on here, who was not there, didn't know anyone either.  When he started coming the matches it became clear that their sense of loss was similar to ours, but they felt guilty about grieving people they did not know.  Now, they all stand along side us by our friends grave every year, and have every right to and are welcome.  They feel the need to grieve, and certainly you do as you have the horrific memories too.  As the wonderful Maggie May said, that is a lot for a 12 year old to cope with.

God bless my friend.

Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: April 22, 2013, 08:59:54 pm »

That's great post mate. I didn't know anyone of the 96 or even any of their friends or family and it took me many years to realize that i had a right to grieve their passing.
Three years before Hillsborough when I was 14, I lost my little sister to cancer, she was 3 years younger than me and I love her unconditionally, that means that at 17 I knew what real grief felt like. The finality, the way other people's lives still go on regardless of your pain.
On the Sunday 16th April 1989, I just sat numb, looking out the window. Think I was probably in shock. Obviously my Mum tried her best, for obvious reason Saturday was a bad day for her to, I didn't phone home, got home at 11.30 that night to tears then a bollocking for not calling. Different world then!
On the Monday the grief hit me like a hammer, but tried for years to hide it cause I didn't feel I had aright to grieve for people that I didn't know, but for a few I saw their last moments on Earth.
I've said before I found certain drugs made me feel normal again for a while, so Jo if your reading your Doctor probably done you a favour. I'm addicted to valium and like you don't really feel them unless I get more ( Not the site for it, so I'll leave that there). If your Doc had given you 30 mg a day in 3 or 4 weeks time, they'd have the same affect as 10 mg. Maybe one way to approach it would be to ask the Doc if you could have say 7 or 8 a month extra, so on the nights when things get on top, you've a little extra to get you through. Daily use of a dose just gives you a tolerance to what every dose you settle on.
Clonazapam is also very good for anxiety but again its a benzo, so same circles. The problem with today's anti-depressants is they take 4 to 6 weeks to find out if they work, no good when you need help now.
My doc has put me on Mirtazipine, its one of the older anti-depressants but at 30mgs taken at night I find it really helps with sleep, yet strangely if taken in a higher dose it cause's more of a stimulant  effect?
I'm no medical expert, that's just my experience. Hope you get it sorted and long term use of benzo's ( Valium type drugs) is now frowned on because their very difficult to get off of, both mentally and physically. Even 10 mgs you would have to very slowly lower your dose.
Sorry I'm not trying to lecture, I'm sure you know most of this.
Only came on really to thank quality no for his comment about people having the right to grieve regardless.
All the best to everyone and justice is just round the corner, can almost smell it.

JFT96 and Rest in Peace Anne

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline Jo S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #356 on: May 21, 2013, 09:15:14 pm »
That's great post mate. I didn't know anyone of the 96 or even any of their friends or family and it took me many years to realize that i had a right to grieve their passing.
Three years before Hillsborough when I was 14, I lost my little sister to cancer, she was 3 years younger than me and I love her unconditionally, that means that at 17 I knew what real grief felt like. The finality, the way other people's lives still go on regardless of your pain.
On the Sunday 16th April 1989, I just sat numb, looking out the window. Think I was probably in shock. Obviously my Mum tried her best, for obvious reason Saturday was a bad day for her to, I didn't phone home, got home at 11.30 that night to tears then a bollocking for not calling. Different world then!
On the Monday the grief hit me like a hammer, but tried for years to hide it cause I didn't feel I had aright to grieve for people that I didn't know, but for a few I saw their last moments on Earth.
I've said before I found certain drugs made me feel normal again for a while, so Jo if your reading your Doctor probably done you a favour. I'm addicted to valium and like you don't really feel them unless I get more ( Not the site for it, so I'll leave that there). If your Doc had given you 30 mg a day in 3 or 4 weeks time, they'd have the same affect as 10 mg. Maybe one way to approach it would be to ask the Doc if you could have say 7 or 8 a month extra, so on the nights when things get on top, you've a little extra to get you through. Daily use of a dose just gives you a tolerance to what every dose you settle on.
Clonazapam is also very good for anxiety but again its a benzo, so same circles. The problem with today's anti-depressants is they take 4 to 6 weeks to find out if they work, no good when you need help now.
My doc has put me on Mirtazipine, its one of the older anti-depressants but at 30mgs taken at night I find it really helps with sleep, yet strangely if taken in a higher dose it cause's more of a stimulant  effect?
I'm no medical expert, that's just my experience. Hope you get it sorted and long term use of benzo's ( Valium type drugs) is now frowned on because their very difficult to get off of, both mentally and physically. Even 10 mgs you would have to very slowly lower your dose.
Sorry I'm not trying to lecture, I'm sure you know most of this.
Only came on really to thank quality no for his comment about people having the right to grieve regardless.
All the best to everyone and justice is just round the corner, can almost smell it.

JFT96 and Rest in Peace Anne

Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated x
Is to save every day

I'd save every day

Offline EAD Solicitors LLP

• Boys Pen
« Reply #357 on: June 10, 2013, 12:30:04 pm »
Can you help?  EAD Solicitors represent some of the family members who have known prolonged suffering for over two decades, after enduring such horrendous loss they wish to seek justice.

EAD are imploring anyone who is able to provide evidence about what happened that day or about the events that unfolded afterwards to come forward. Please see http://www.eadsolicitors.co.uk/personal-services/hillsborough-inquest-service/ for more details or call 0151 735 1000. 

We can not imagine how hard it must be to talk about this day but be sure that we will offer as much support and comfort as we possibly can.

We need as much evidence as possible to get the justice the 96 families have had to wait so long for.

Thank you for your time

JFT96
EAD

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2013, 01:06:57 pm »
The post below from EAD has been replicated into its own thread by The Tenacious Kennedy and I have added some additional context.

Please feel free to refer to http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=306480 for more information, specifically whom to contact and how.

Offline Jo S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #359 on: July 13, 2013, 04:29:36 pm »
I went back yesterday, don't know why now. Never thought I would ever be able to set foot near that death trap again. But some thing was just pulling me there. It was hell, just like being in a time warp. The shithole needs to be demolished and a garden of tranquility put there.

Maybe once the anger dissipates I'll feel better, at least I got to say sorry to our ninety six, sorry for going home and leaving them behind.

]

Is to save every day

I'd save every day