The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

WE ARE LIVERPOOL!!! TRA-LA-LA-LA-LAAA!

(1/2) > >>

Andy @ Allerton!:
I'm not sure there has been such a good song, so widely embraced and sung with so much gusto and enthusiasm from all sides of the ground?

I do like this song (Based, obviously on Brown Girl in the Ring by the fantastic Boney M) but the hairs stood up when the WHOLE GROUND including the miserable bastards around me sang their heads off to it in the Leicester game. It came out loud and proud last night as well in the ground against Chelsea.

It's a great song and lovely to see Liverpool fans from young and old singing it with such pleasure. It's a feel-good song and one we can all get involved with.

Solomon Grundy:
One of my early memories is singing brown girl in the ring on the way to nursery in the back of my dad's car when I was a nipper.

I like our version. Really annoys our rivals as well. :)

Redondos Barber:
Am a big fan of this song myself. Positive, proud, simple and has a great driving, rhythmic quality like all the best chants/songs. We are in an era where nearly every chant you hear in English football  is negative, unimaginative (9 out of 10 times bellowed out to a snide, bastardized version of the Sloop John B melody), directed at the opposition team/supporters/home town rather than being proud and supporting your own club, What I like best about Poetry In Motion is it is none of these things but full of one thing that is in woefully short supply in professional football these days - joy. Tra la fucking la. 

free_at_last:
I noticed it was getting sped up at Chelsea. We always get the best out of these songs when they are relatively slow and unrushed.

NarutoReds:
"Poetry in motion, tra la la la la" sounds really good in this song, for me.

Love to hear that.

If you want to know the score,
Listen to the Anfield roar,
If you face us on the park,
Our bite is worse than our bark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version