Author Topic: Virgin Media  (Read 125847 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Virgin Media
« Reply #800 on: January 24, 2024, 09:14:31 am »
that's weird though, they're normally willing to cancel and re-contract the whole lot.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #801 on: January 24, 2024, 02:45:12 pm »
that's weird though, they're normally willing to cancel and re-contract the whole lot.

To be fair even the adviser I spoke to seemed a bit surprised, I would have thought it was a good way to lock me in for longer and get Sky out of the picture completely

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #802 on: February 8, 2024, 09:47:27 am »
45 days to get a transcript of a conversation on chat agent with them. wtf....

And trying to find a live agent from there website takes about 45 minutes!
FWIW , head down the trying to cancel route. Surprise surprise...
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #803 on: February 9, 2024, 01:36:03 pm »
What a joke of a company.

Signed up for broadband back in August last year after one of their reps knocked on our door saying we can have this installed without any external worked done. I live in a new build estate (newish- houses all built 25/30 years ago) on a cul de sac of 6 houses which has a shared drive as you cross the middle. There are 2 homes that have virgin media installed. I am the last house on the road.

After a few months they realised external work was required and way leave forms needed from a number of neighbours. No problem - all done and returned.

They had to cancel the original order and start a new order in October.

After a few weeks I was given an installation date and they said external work will be done prior to this date.

This was pushed back 4/5 times without any explanation and finally this week I was told the order has been cancelled!

I called them yesterday after being on hold for ages and someone mentioned the work required was not in their budget. The neighbours that have virgin installed are roughly 10/20 metres away from me.

I’ve lost so much time over the last 6 months by speaking with them over the phone and waiting for instals to take place that I read I am entitled to compensation.

Has anyone gone through this before/had a similar experience and how did they manage to get this?

Appreciate anyone’s help.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2024, 01:37:54 pm by Danny Singh »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: February 9, 2024, 02:28:26 pm »
Fuck them off and get talktalk.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #805 on: February 9, 2024, 03:44:51 pm »
TalkTalk are one of the worst broadband companies in the UK, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, they're cheap for a reason, i've long boycotted them after the data breach & the casual reaction by TalkTalk over it.
#Sausages

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: February 9, 2024, 03:53:03 pm »
TalkTalk are one of the worst broadband companies in the UK, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, they're cheap for a reason, i've long boycotted them after the data breach & the casual reaction by TalkTalk over it.

I disagree, been perfect for me & I've been with them years now.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: February 9, 2024, 04:25:42 pm »
What a joke of a company.

Signed up for broadband back in August last year after one of their reps knocked on our door saying we can have this installed without any external worked done. I live in a new build estate (newish- houses all built 25/30 years ago) on a cul de sac of 6 houses which has a shared drive as you cross the middle. There are 2 homes that have virgin media installed. I am the last house on the road.

After a few months they realised external work was required and way leave forms needed from a number of neighbours. No problem - all done and returned.

They had to cancel the original order and start a new order in October.

After a few weeks I was given an installation date and they said external work will be done prior to this date.

This was pushed back 4/5 times without any explanation and finally this week I was told the order has been cancelled!

I called them yesterday after being on hold for ages and someone mentioned the work required was not in their budget. The neighbours that have virgin installed are roughly 10/20 metres away from me.

I’ve lost so much time over the last 6 months by speaking with them over the phone and waiting for instals to take place that I read I am entitled to compensation.

Has anyone gone through this before/had a similar experience and how did they manage to get this?

Appreciate anyone’s help.

You'll be entitled for compensation from the day the original install was due to take place up until the day they cancelled the order at a rate of £5.83 per day, and because Virgin cancelled the contract they have to pay an additional 30 days beyond the cancellation/cease date....

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automatic-compensation-need-know

OFCOM requires that this is paid to you automatically, but that's not to say that will happen. Just log a complaint with Virgin in writing. That generally bypasses the offshore customer service which is useless.

Last but not least, as Statto said - don't go with TalkTalk. They're probably the only ISP with a worse rep than Virgin.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #808 on: February 12, 2024, 07:24:22 pm »
You'll be entitled for compensation from the day the original install was due to take place up until the day they cancelled the order at a rate of £5.83 per day, and because Virgin cancelled the contract they have to pay an additional 30 days beyond the cancellation/cease date....

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automatic-compensation-need-know

OFCOM requires that this is paid to you automatically, but that's not to say that will happen. Just log a complaint with Virgin in writing. That generally bypasses the offshore customer service which is useless.

Last but not least, as Statto said - don't go with TalkTalk. They're probably the only ISP with a worse rep than Virgin.

Thanks Graeme, really appreciate all your help.

Agreed - won’t be calling customer service to make the complaint.

I went onto the app and found the complaints category. I clicked submit virgin media complaint via web form but it says my account has been disconnected…

Do I need to make a complaint via post?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: February 12, 2024, 07:31:49 pm »
Thanks Graeme, really appreciate all your help.

Agreed - won’t be calling customer service to make the complaint.

I went onto the app and found the complaints category. I clicked submit virgin media complaint via web form but it says my account has been disconnected…

Do I need to make a complaint via post?

Do they not have a live chat, I've always found them to be the best as you can pin them down easier.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: February 12, 2024, 07:48:10 pm »
Register and post on the Virgin Media community forum, Virgin staff who manage those boards should be able to sort it…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/bd-p/ManageAccountCable

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #811 on: February 12, 2024, 08:15:41 pm »
Do they not have a live chat, I've always found them to be the best as you can pin them down easier.

Yes, but bloody hard to find. Or rather, easy to find, but you can only use bot pre-prepared answers.
You need to go via disconnections to a live chat with a person.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #812 on: Yesterday at 10:06:44 pm »
Register and post on the Virgin Media community forum, Virgin staff who manage those boards should be able to sort it…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/bd-p/ManageAccountCable

Managed to speak with someone and after she checked my account I got this reply:

‘I have checked the notes on the account and can see that the install was cancelled due to the construction works that would be needed to our network to be able to provide the property with a service. This was decided on 7th February 2024 and subsequently your installation was cancelled.

As the installation delay was caused by construction, you would not be eligible for compensation under the automatic compensation scheme, though we do appreciate that this has been inconvenient for you. It's disappointing that we were not able to install your services as requested and can assure you that this is not the new customer journey we we aim to provide. Unfortunately, these types of delays can happen due to the way we provide our services.

I have raised a manual compensation review on the account to see if there is indeed any eligible compensation that can be applied for this and also raised the complaint at our side regarding your dissatisfaction with the delayed install and your new customer experience.’

Is this completely dead in the water now or do I still try but now go to comms ombudsman who seem to have success with similar cases?

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #813 on: Today at 12:18:09 am »
That appears to fly in the face of the Ofcom code of practice. Ask them to specify where exactly they have that clause documented and if they believe they don't have to pay up referr it to their ADR.

Oh and tell them they are a bunch of useless c*nts, if they couldn't offer you their service due to their own construction issues, they shouldn't have sold it to you and if they wanted to minimise their loses, they should have cancelled it sooner.

You are also due additional compensation for their failure to automatically pay up in the required time.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:20:59 am by Ben S »

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: Today at 11:06:12 am »
Pretty good that Virgin media forum for any issues.

My internet box cover at front of house had gotten blown off by a hurricane a few years back and I posted on there, one of the admins sent a message asking for my details, the next morning they'd installed a new box cover.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."