Author Topic: Drink Better Beer - Belgian, German, Craft, Ales, Lagers all your hoppy goodness in one place  (Read 275459 times)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
+1 for Copenhagen.

Four of us went for a half marathon a few years back. Great city.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v8VBK0RCssk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v8VBK0RCssk</a>

DeLorean owning Duke Erich handed best beer to Martin Luther  :P Ur-Bock is bit too strong for my taste. Not too shabby at all.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
This would easy get in my top 10 beers ever:

So smooth.

Asian lagers are generally very good - don't generally have the hoppy bitterness that too many European beers do
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Also 650ml is a great size.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Anyone tried Zipfer Urtyp or Wiener lagers?
They are now on the Blade keg list to purchase.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
This would easy get in my top 10 beers ever:

So smooth.

Asian lagers are generally very good - don't generally have the hoppy bitterness that too many European beers do
Not a major lager drinker - usually only in hot weather, but I’d second that this is a fantastic example of the stuff. Asahi is another Japanese lager I’m fond of, as well as Hanoi from Vietnam. They seem generally cleaner and fresher often, the Asian lagers.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
That Birra Moretti orange thing is all fuckin right!

Got some Staropramen and Warsteiner for later

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VsqV6hpm-Zg&amp;t=110s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VsqV6hpm-Zg&amp;t=110s</a>

My desert island beer is "ABK Pils 1907".
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Tried Beartown's Polar Bitter, the last bottle I got from the gift set I was given from there.

Disappointing. A bit overly bitter for my taste, the predominant flavour was that of burnt treacle and it wasn't pleasant. Wouldn't have again.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Where do you get this mate? Looks like the kind of thing I love, only place I could find with stock that will do UK delivery, it's £12 for a 500ml bottle! Bit steep that.

sorry for delay, i was probably pissed typing that

its probably not far off that for a bottle.

i bought a few before xmas, only release so many a year

comes out once a year. i usually keep the previous years one and with the current year i have both as an xmas eve tipple and bust one open on special occasions

i have two left at present. one for christmas eve and one for some other time

its probably sold out everywhere
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
sorry for delay, i was probably pissed typing that

its probably not far off that for a bottle.

i bought a few before xmas, only release so many a year

comes out once a year. i usually keep the previous years one and with the current year i have both as an xmas eve tipple and bust one open on special occasions

i have two left at present. one for christmas eve and one for some other time

its probably sold out everywhere
No problem, I did some digging and yeah, it's pretty much gone - the only place with stock was £12 for a 500ml, extremely steep but I was still going to go for it, but then delivery was £18 on top so I binned the order. Will keep my eyes peeled for later this year because it sounds absolutely boss.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
No problem, I did some digging and yeah, it's pretty much gone - the only place with stock was £12 for a 500ml, extremely steep but I was still going to go for it, but then delivery was £18 on top so I binned the order. Will keep my eyes peeled for later this year because it sounds absolutely boss.
yeah its great but i wouldnt pay 30 quid for one

it was 11 euro when i got it which is steep enough

if i think of it later in year ill let you know

galway bay brewery will announce it on twitter
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Brewdog offering a free case of 8 cans, just pay 3.95gbp p&p then cancel when posted.

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/brewdogandfriends?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=bdfriends&_ga=2.55458478.405627374.1617616620-2018057920.1614873975
Thanks for this, ordered my crate. Do you wait for postage to cancel or can you cancel straight away?

Slight mingebaggery on my part  ;D
« Last Edit: April 7, 2021, 11:58:49 am by Drinks Sangria »

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
Thanks for this, ordered my crate. Do you wait for postage to cancel or can you cancel straight away?

If you do wish to cancel before we dispatch your free trial box, we will cancel that delivery and refund your delivery payment if you raise a support ticket with us HERE.

If you're looking to cancel your ongoing subscription, you can do this after receiving your trial box via the cancellation button in the customer portal. The cancellation button will appear in your account at that stage but not before.

Please note, customers must cancel by 04:59 GMT on the 2nd of each month in order to cancel auto-renewal.

*If you are participating in the free trial box and you wish to cancel the following month's subscription, then you would need to do this after you receive your box in April and before the first payment is taken on 2nd May.

This is what it says on their website

Offline Scottish-Don

• Legacy Fan

No problem, first box is posted on April 16th, once you get your email cancel.

However as a big Brewdog fan I'll keep it on and see what the offer.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers guys. I like a lot of Brewdog's stuff but I'm also saving every penny I can for a house move, so not sure how well a £20 a month beer subscription would go down!

Offline Scottish-Don

• Legacy Fan
Cheers guys. I like a lot of Brewdog's stuff but I'm also saving every penny I can for a house move, so not sure how well a £20 a month beer subscription would go down!

I'm from Aberdeen, so BrewDog is in our blood up here. Another amazing Aberdeen Brewery is Fierce Beer.
They are celebrating 5 years this month, and are launching 6 amazing Beers (4 Collab Beers & 2 new) to celebrate.

https://www.fiercebeer.com/item/314/fiercebeer/5th-Birthday-Beers-Preorder.html

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm from Aberdeen, so BrewDog is in our blood up here. Another amazing Aberdeen Brewery is Fierce Beer.
They are celebrating 5 years this month, and are launching 6 amazing Beers (4 Collab Beers & 2 new) to celebrate.
A few of those sound lovely - the stouts would be up my alley. Again the tight arse side is coming out though - £45 for 6 tins would be a special occasion purchase in my book.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Legacy Fan
A few of those sound lovely - the stouts would be up my alley. Again the tight arse side is coming out though - £45 for 6 tins would be a special occasion purchase in my book.

Totally understand being a tight arse, I'm Scottish! However I have ordered this.

If you get the chance to purchase a Fierce Beer grab it, they are unreal.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Totally understand being a tight arse, I'm Scottish! However I have ordered this.

Will keep an eye out!

Tried a Brewdog Clockwork tangerine last night, IPA. Smelt lovely but underwhelmed on flavour. Pretty bland. Would be drinkable enough under the sun in a beer garden but can't fully recommend.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Another Aberdonian here. I'm not a fan of Brewdog as a company (lots of stories about their behaviour but also know people that have worked with James Watt), but I'll happily get a crate of 8 beers for 4 quid off them.  ;D

Another shout out for Fierce Beer though, they are brilliant - you should all give them a try.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Fierce are great. As a little experiment, the landlord at our local pub decided last year to get some cans in for sale from a few of the more crafty breweries in case people fancied a bit of a change from the usual cask or keg beer on offer, and Fierce was one of the breweries he chose to get stock from. They really stood out and quickly gained a good rep, so whenever he got them in they sold out really quickly. Still a bit strange buying a can in a pub! But made a nice change at the end of the night. Hope he’s still doing it from next week so I can have the odd Fierce Beer again soon.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97

https://www.fiercebeer.com/item/314/fiercebeer/5th-Birthday-Beers-Preorder.html

Brewdog rub me the wrong way, they play on this "independent, punk" company when in reality they are a huge entity that is happy to cosey up to the Government

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Brewdog beers are about as ordinary as it gets really, although their bars sometimes have some decent guest ales.  My brother bought me some shares in their ‘Equity For Punks’ scheme a couple of years back, I’ve used the discount twice.  That said, £4 for 8 beers can’t be sniffed at.

For those in Bristol, New Bristol Brewery are thoroughly recommended.  Mainly deal in stouts and IPAs, 12 440ml cans for £36 if you collect (fairly sure they deliver nationwide but at a price per can rate).  I used to drink their beers in my local, didn’t realise the brewery is less than five minutes walk from my house until lockdown.

I have a few of their double hopped IPAs in the fridge, although at 7% I need to pace myself.  Im really lucky where I am, there are probably five decent breweries all within walking distance.

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
That Birra Moretti orange thing is all fuckin right!

Got some Staropramen and Warsteiner for later

Where are you getting those beauties from?!

Takes me back to sitting in the sun in Sienna  8)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Just had a bottle of Scam-Cat Photofusion - liquorice ale with pineapple top.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Just had a bottle of Scam-Cat Photofusion - liquorice ale with pineapple top.

Thasts a mouthful, bitter sweet?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
Thasts a mouthful, bitter sweet?

Kind of pukey, but comes in a cool can. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Kind of pukey, but comes in a cool can. 

Nice ;D

I love an ale to be honest, largers are fine but that Cobra above is a nice beer.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
Nice ;D

I love an ale to be honest, largers are fine but that Cobra above is a nice beer.

Eclectic tastes Sarge. Got to admire that!

Some of these 'beers' though. They're like beer for folks who don't really like beer!

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Eclectic tastes Sarge. Got to admire that!

Some of these 'beers' though. They're like beer for folks who don't really like beer!

True, some of the age old pump stuff is rank.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
You Brits all able to get out for a pint?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
You Brits all able to get out for a pint?

Pubs are open outside.

Most places need a booking. I walked past a pub this morning just before 10am with about ten fellas stood outside. Turns out it opens at 10am and first come, first served.... Got me thinking...

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not in Scotland yet.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Pubs are open outside.

Most places need a booking. I walked past a pub this morning just before 10am with about ten fellas stood outside. Turns out it opens at 10am and first come, first served.... Got me thinking...

Ahh so not fully.

Not in Scotland yet.

Oh i thought is was all across Britain.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Just gonna pure sit off on me doorstep knocking back Stella

this the right thread??

DOOT DOOT DOOT STARING OUT MY FRONT DOOR

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Not in Scotland yet.