Author Topic: The RAWK Positivity and otherwise Uplifting thread.  (Read 63190 times)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Positivity and otherwise Uplifting thread.
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2016, 09:18:06 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v6ZshVi78wk&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v6ZshVi78wk&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2016, 10:19:06 pm »
There's something about this clip that, in the face of all of the 'bad' news we are constantly confronted with, really made me smile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35628620
Same mate, wonderful.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2016, 08:31:37 am »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2016, 10:03:15 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2016, 09:45:10 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 1, 2016, 07:40:33 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 3, 2016, 08:40:24 am »
Don't wait.
Feel it.
Allow yourself to feel it
Above all, don't be ashamed of it.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 4, 2016, 07:28:52 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 5, 2016, 10:13:30 am »
http://brightside.me/article/stop-saying-sorry-if-you-want-to-say-thank-you-a-seriously-insightful-cartoon-57255/

We often apologise assuming that people will appreciate our politeness and good manners. But in most cases, the other party is much more pleased to hear words of gratitude from you rather than an apology.

Talented illustrator Yao Xiao, using everyday situations as inspiration, helps to explain why «thank you» is sometimes better than «I’m sorry» in this cartoon. We at Bright Side thought it really made sense, and just had to share it with you. Take a look

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 5, 2016, 06:53:51 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 6, 2016, 09:10:34 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 8, 2016, 08:40:07 pm »
This could have gone in the "small things that make you happy" thread but I think it's better in here. :)

The other week me and a mate went to see Deadpool.  I paid for my tickets and said "thank you very much" with a smile.  The girl who served me, well her face lit up.  She then said "That's the only time anybody has said thank you to me all day."

Dead chuffed I was, but I was also a little bit sad for the girl in question.  Retail in all it's forms is a very challenging job.  I know I couldn't do it, and I have the utmost respect for those who do.

So just remember folks: manners cost nothing.  And your remarks can literally make or break a person's day.  So keep that in mind when handing over your money.  You really CAN make a difference to a person's day, or even their life, in some small way. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: March 8, 2016, 08:47:40 pm »
I worked in Retail many moons ago and it did matter if someone give you a bit of positivity.There are a lot of ignorant shits out there but a simple please and thank you goes a long way.Keep up the good work Red Beret,I enjoy coming into this thread to get my Zen charged up!

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 8, 2016, 09:40:21 pm »
I worked in Retail many moons ago and it did matter if someone give you a bit of positivity.There are a lot of ignorant shits out there but a simple please and thank you goes a long way.Keep up the good work Red Beret,I enjoy coming into this thread to get my Zen charged up!

Cheers mate! :)

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 9, 2016, 08:42:43 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2016, 04:31:36 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2016, 08:42:01 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uAMy5h-FRO4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uAMy5h-FRO4</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cREmaLTzzaY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cREmaLTzzaY</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2016, 11:17:03 am »
Better..

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2016, 03:35:48 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2016, 07:38:22 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2016, 09:41:30 am »
From a friend on FB:

Written by Calpain awhile ago, this is still relevant

"The evolution of an individual is a glorious process. It's an accumulation of experiences, events, and learning that shape the story of each and every single person that has ever been or will ever be. Each story is no less amazing than the next as everyone starts from a blank slate as we come squealing into the world. Everyone has a story to tell, each different from each other and just as important as the last because life itself is an epic journey we must all go through.

Never put down what you have done in your life. You may not be 'famous', rich, or have discovered something earth shattering, but you living in of itself is an epic feat worth telling for if life has shaped anyone it has shaped yourself.

Go out and live, tell your story and continue adding chapters to this book we call life."

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2016, 04:11:23 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2016, 08:29:31 am »
One for Paddy's Day (a day late I know!)

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2016, 07:22:51 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2016, 08:29:47 pm »
Take a minute to feel warm inside....

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2016, 04:14:49 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2016, 04:58:51 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2016, 07:48:45 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2016, 07:06:30 pm »
Not every image has to have a message.  Sometimes they just bring a smile to your face. :)

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2016, 10:37:30 am »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2016, 07:39:03 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2016, 10:57:07 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2016, 06:45:18 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2016, 11:28:39 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2016, 11:39:59 pm »
I love this thread.  I'm a teacher and it's been very hard to be positive about my career over the last few months.  Some of the messages in here have helped me to keep my chin up.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2016, 08:42:11 pm »
I love this thread.  I'm a teacher and it's been very hard to be positive about my career over the last few months.  Some of the messages in here have helped me to keep my chin up.

Comments like this help me keep my chin up! :D

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2016, 08:43:24 pm »
With courage, nothing is impossible.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2016, 11:19:34 am »
From a friend on FB...

Repeat after me...
I'm gonna be free.
And I'm gonna be brave...
I'm gonna live each day as if it were my last.
Fantastically...
Courageously...
With grace...
Cause it's life...
It's life.- and it's happening,
it's really really happening...
RIGHT NOW.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2016, 12:12:11 pm »

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: April 1, 2016, 08:06:06 am »

Popcorn's Art