Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1040599 times)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #14800 on: December 13, 2019, 10:02:30 am »
Is there a way to search for posted messages within a thread?

For example, if I want to search for all posts I made within the "What car you drive" thread, would it be possible?

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14801 on: December 13, 2019, 05:49:39 pm »

For example, if I want to search for all posts I made within the "What car you drive" thread, would it be possible?
Not that I can see. Just tried a few google keyword searches and it doesn't show every individual post.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14802 on: December 16, 2019, 10:41:54 am »
Not that I can see. Just tried a few google keyword searches and it doesn't show every individual post.

I thought so.  ::) ::) ::)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14803 on: December 16, 2019, 11:03:26 am »

Search for "What Car Do You Own/Drive?"

By user: ChristChristMooseMooseMasMas

Options: Show results as messages

Result:

I remember you telling me that the Mazda was really good and that it was your (or your dad's) 2nd or 3rd Mazda.

That played a significant role in my decision. A whole lotta thanks to you mate. Beers on me when we meet. :)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14804 on: December 16, 2019, 11:54:40 am »

Search for "What Car Do You Own/Drive?"

By user: ChristChristMooseMooseMasMas

Options: Show results as messages

Result:

It doesnt show everything mate. :(

Even if the range of search is set to 0 to 9999 days.

This were some of my other posts in the same thread.

Ordered a 2018 Mazda-3 5 door hatchback. Picking it up 21-22 or 25-26, depending on when I can take off. :)

Sports line variant. Dark blue colour. 2liter 120BHP Petrol Engine.
Really? Could you tell me more about the car?

I am really excited as its my first ever car. Rented a fair bit of cars myself. But its a different feeling owning a car that, people say, has a bond with its driver. And hence the Mazda 3. I was looking at the CX-3 but decided against it as its based on the Mazda 2. And I wanted a compact class car. I could have gone for the CX-5 but it was a expensive.
Cool. Thanks for the response. It is always nice hearing feedback  from current owners. Makes you a little bit more content with the choice of the car. And Youtube videos arent always "ownership" focused, if you know what I mean. They give you a very subjective view of the car under the pretext of "ownership review". Like, they drive the car around for a week or two. But not from a current owner who has lived with the car for about 2-3 years. So whilst I do watch the videos, I do take them with a pinch of salt. So its always 50-50 for me.

So your dad has a Mazda. You had a Mazda. And your current car is also a Mazda? So I guess your family is pretty satisfied with a Mazda. :)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14805 on: December 20, 2019, 10:55:47 am »
The light fitting in my bathroom came loose yesterday and now I can’t attach it back on because I can’t reach the screws due to that metal cover thing. Is there a better way to attach it back on to the ceiling? As you can see, I’m using tape as a temporary fix which looks ridiculous

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #14806 on: December 20, 2019, 11:03:39 am »
The light fitting in my bathroom came loose yesterday and now I can’t attach it back on because I can’t reach the screws due to that metal cover thing. Is there a better way to attach it back on to the ceiling? As you can see, I’m using tape as a temporary fix which looks ridiculous

Disconnect the power, take bulb out and then take out the screws, I can see at least two, that are holding the reflector (ie that metal thing) and remove it. You may need to wiggle it slightly to get it out.

That should give you access to the main mounting screws.

Failing that, a liberal dose of Bonjela should do the trick.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14807 on: December 20, 2019, 11:31:13 am »
Disconnect the power, take bulb out and then take out the screws, I can see at least two, that are holding the reflector (ie that metal thing) and remove it. You may need to wiggle it slightly to get it out.

That should give you access to the main mounting screws.

Failing that, a liberal dose of Bonjela should do the trick.
Ddin't even see the two screws holding the reflector :butt Cheers, won't need the Bonjela now

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14808 on: December 21, 2019, 11:37:52 am »
When taken to the local swimming pool for the 1st time did Jesus show off by walking on water?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14809 on: December 21, 2019, 01:05:12 pm »
When taken to the local swimming pool for the 1st time did Jesus show off by walking on water?

Dead Sea, it was cheat mode...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14810 on: December 25, 2019, 05:01:25 pm »
A word of caution mate.

There may be no trace of it on his last scan, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it has gone.. let’s hope so, but it may not mean it’s a cure... good luck to him though
Two more scans later and they still can't find a trace of it  :thumbup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14811 on: January 3, 2020, 09:12:09 pm »
Can I ask for recommendations for somewhere in Lincolnshire, please.

We are five lads, mid-thirties and are after somewhere to act as a base where we can go hiking over the weekend.

Looking for somewhere:

- With a couple decent pubs/restaurants within walking distance
- Ideally not a million miles away from east coast walks (but we can drive there)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14812 on: January 8, 2020, 09:28:43 pm »
Does anybody know what it means when someone makes this gesture towards you?
It is an up and down motion.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14813 on: January 8, 2020, 09:29:49 pm »
You've wanked your cock flat, stop.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14814 on: January 8, 2020, 09:35:18 pm »
You've wanked your cock flat, stop.
Stopcock?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14815 on: January 8, 2020, 09:47:04 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14816 on: January 8, 2020, 09:57:48 pm »
No, can't help it. Amadickted
How did you know my name is Ted?

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14817 on: January 9, 2020, 08:29:10 pm »
The Voynich Code?

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #14818 on: January 9, 2020, 09:03:00 pm »
The Voynich Code?

It's absolutely fascinating, as is the Codex Seraphinianus.

I posted the pdf download links for them here in the What book are you reading thread back in 2014.

My Children bought me the limited edition of the large hardback version of the Seraphinianus for Christmas a few years ago.

It's quite exquisite just to gaze at the pictures and ponder.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14819 on: January 9, 2020, 09:09:44 pm »

I posted the pdf download links for them here in the What book are you reading thread back in 2014.

My Children bought me the limited edition of the large hardback version of the Seraphinianus for Christmas a few years ago.

I do exactly the same thing with Men Only and Razzle.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14820 on: January 9, 2020, 10:08:30 pm »
The Voynich code has been deciphered as a derivative of ancient Turkish; there's a video on youtube about it.

Found out what the hand motion is.
It is a secret signal from one metal detectorist to another that a hammered coin has been found.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14821 on: January 9, 2020, 10:09:45 pm »
They have some fascinating motorbike articles in those publications  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14822 on: January 9, 2020, 10:15:19 pm »

Too much pondering will make you go blind.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14823 on: January 9, 2020, 10:16:41 pm »
Too much pondering will make you go blind.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14824 on: January 9, 2020, 10:33:38 pm »

Yes, absolutely fascinating indeed

Yes absolutely fascinating, indeed.  Thank you for the links Mr Gully, I shall click on them and study the content tomorrow.    :)

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14825 on: January 11, 2020, 12:01:53 am »
Who was the poster on here that made the thread about cheating on his wife with his work colleague? He never updated us, though it’s feared his wife may have read the thread :)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14826 on: January 11, 2020, 12:39:46 am »
Who was the poster on here that made the thread about cheating on his wife with his work colleague? He never updated us, though it’s feared his wife may have read the thread :)
Fitzy?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14827 on: January 11, 2020, 10:29:49 am »
Who owns the pavements which run alongside a public road? Are they all owned / managed by the council or can private companies own them?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14828 on: January 11, 2020, 10:43:22 am »
Who owns the pavements which run alongside a public road? Are they all owned / managed by the council or can private companies own them?

The Highways act says its the usually the public money, ie council, who are responsible for the maintenance of the paths alongside public roads.

Whats your landlord done now?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14829 on: January 11, 2020, 10:55:49 am »
Not landlord for once, but the pavement near the apartment is really wide (like 2 cars wide) and some people have been parking on it right next to the road. It leaves loads of room on the pavement still so not causing an obstruction.

Signs for a private car ticketing company went up the day before Xmas and I saw one of their guys ticketing a car parked there today and just wondering if that is council property and therefore they shouldn’t be ticketing anyone or if it could be private. The road is def council and not private.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14830 on: January 11, 2020, 11:01:43 am »
Unless the council have employed them to do this, it sounds like it is a rip off company just trying it on then. I know if you want to add or extend a driveway into your house, only the council are allowed to do it as the pavements are their responsibilty, so this sounds well dodgy.

Be worth dropping an email to the council to make them aware.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14831 on: January 11, 2020, 11:04:13 am »
Yeah sounded dodgy to me too. They’ve already given me 2 tickets when parked on the actual road (an area without any lines) which I’ve appealed so they aren’t exactly coming across as legit.

Going to drop an email to the council later. I’ve tried to use their site but it’s shite and the only map I could find is not up todate to include this road.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #14832 on: January 11, 2020, 02:06:53 pm »
Insurance excess. Anybody work in the industry?

a) What's the point of it? Is it just a swizz?

b) When companies do "excess refund" offers, why not just not apply an excess to that policy? Is there a difference?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14833 on: January 11, 2020, 02:11:26 pm »
Insurance excess. Anybody work in the industry?

a) What's the point of it? Is it just a swizz?

b) When companies do "excess refund" offers, why not just not apply an excess to that policy? Is there a difference?

In answer to a), it stops people claiming for anything and everything. If you have a minor accident that just causes a small amount of damage, if there is no excess to pay you might make a claim for it and get the insurance to pay for it, even though it will affect your future premiums. If you have to pay an excess that might be a significant percentage of what it would cost just to get it fixed yourself, it will make you less likely to claim.

It allows insurers to offer lower premiums.  It is a bit of a con though, they always put large excesses on by default but I always find if you reduce the voluntary excess to zero, it usually barely affects the cost of the policy.

I've not seen those excess refund offers so can't help with that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:13:28 pm by Just Elmo? »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14834 on: January 23, 2020, 10:25:25 am »
How often do you use cash these days?

I paid with cash in my local last night and the normal barmaid was surprised as I don't think I have done for the entire time I've been going in there.

Made me think that tips for people who work behind the bar, and other places, must have dropped loads since people started using their cards more and more.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #14835 on: January 23, 2020, 10:46:08 am »
In the last year or so, I've started using my card more often when I go grocery shopping or when I'm buying other stuff. It's just more convenient to be able to pay without going to a cash-machine first, because you only have ten Euros or so left in your wallet. However, paying with card in restaurants or bars is not that widespread yet in restaurants or bars where I live (Austria). You can do it in most places, but it's more of an "emergency" thing whenever someone might not have enough cash with them. Other than that, most people still pay cash. But yeah, if paying by card becomes more common it might have an impact on the tips people are getting unless you can somehow put it on your bill or something like that. It's probably also an issue with stuff like food deliveries where you can pay with credit card or other means and don't have to hand over any money to the delivery guy. Whenever I order food, I usually pay in cash and give the delivery guy a small tip at the same time. Once I didn't have enough money at home so I paid by card or whatever and handed the delivery man 1,5 or 2 Euros. He was kind of surprised when I handed it over and it looked like he's not used to that.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14836 on: January 23, 2020, 11:05:44 am »
How often do you use cash these days?

I paid with cash in my local last night and the normal barmaid was surprised as I don't think I have done for the entire time I've been going in there.

Made me think that tips for people who work behind the bar, and other places, must have dropped loads since people started using their cards more and more.

Very rarely these days. Monday to Friday tend to be card only, a lot of places near work don’t accept cash these days. I might get cash out at a weekend to try and be a bit stricter about what I spend but that never works anyway.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14837 on: January 23, 2020, 11:23:43 am »
I can gg weeks at a time without using cash. I'll carry the exact same coins in my pocket pointlessly the whole time.

We're obviously a bit backwards up here, was surprised when I was in Manchester in September there were 2 bars we were in that didn't take cash at all.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #14838 on: January 23, 2020, 01:10:25 pm »
I can gg weeks at a time without using cash. I'll carry the exact same coins in my pocket pointlessly the whole time.

We're obviously a bit backwards up here, was surprised when I was in Manchester in September there were 2 bars we were in that didn't take cash at all.

With you there. I currently have - searches through pockets - £1.63p.

That's a pound coin, a 50p, a 10p, 2p and 1p for you pendants.

I've carried these around me for 3 months now!

Should I phone Guinness World Records?

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14839 on: January 24, 2020, 02:26:24 am »
I mostly use my phone everywhere I can; often don't take a wallet or cards out with me as the phone will do the trick. I'll take cash when going to the market or somewhere else where I know card/phone payments may not be accepted. I know I'm probably propping up something insidiously capitalist but it's so damn convenient.

I also use cash for buying second hand stuff (off ebay etc where I go to collect). So far have always bought cars/bikes with cash, from private sellers.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D