Author Topic: Anfield Pitch  (Read 86605 times)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Pitch
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2015, 12:39:53 pm »
At the very least, it could do with a roller going over it.

The bobble in some parts of the pitch yesterday, was ridiculous.

Every time the ball was played back to Mignolet, I was screaming "take a touch". As I had visions of him shanking it into the stands.

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2015, 02:40:25 pm »
Worst thing you can do is roll it , compacts the soil too much , like the bad old days when we played on mud in the winter, the pitch has never been the best in the league but the grounds men do a fantastic job preparing it for the games

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2015, 04:12:10 pm »
It was supposed to be completely relaid last year but with the main stand going up I don't think they either had the money or the it was going to interfere with it. I'm pretty sure we'll do something about it in the new 16/17 season.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2015, 04:24:30 pm »
It was supposed to be completely relaid last year but with the main stand going up I don't think they either had the money or the it was going to interfere with it. I'm pretty sure we'll do something about it in the new 16/17 season.

I think cranes had to be on the pitch itself for a period for the new stand so it wasn't possible. I think we requested to the FA for an away game to start with as well for an extra week to get the work done. I'm pretty sure it's going to be relayed next summer. The watering system is quite outdated as well going by what Rodgers said a while back.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2015, 04:28:10 pm »
I think cranes had to be on the pitch itself for a period for the new stand so it wasn't possible. I think we requested to the FA for an away game to start with as well for an extra week to get the work done. I'm pretty sure it's going to be relayed next summer. The watering system is quite outdated as well going by what Rodgers said a while back.

Ah right I remember something about the cranes being an issue. Pretty sure it will be all be sorted next season. I remember last season down by the right corner flag near the Kop it was basically just a mud patch.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2015, 11:47:22 pm »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-new-pitch-liverpool-fc-9028018

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #246 on: March 7, 2016, 01:20:49 pm »
Really starting to wear away in the box and by the corners. I notice the players starting to alternate sides during the warm up now.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #247 on: March 7, 2016, 01:29:48 pm »
Really starting to wear away in the box and by the corners. I notice the players starting to alternate sides during the warm up now.

Vital that we get this sorted in the summer. We play much better on a good fast surface. I dread going to teams who have a poor quality surface, it's a great leveller.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #248 on: March 7, 2016, 01:39:04 pm »

Should have a bit of chance to recover somewhat given since the City game (2nd) we'll only play one home game on it until the 2nd April.

It's held up remarkably well this year given how shocking it was last year. Hopefully if weather isn't amazingly bad from now on, then with the amount of games coming up it should be OK until the end of the season and then hopefully the Main Stand building work will allow for the pitch to be redone properly.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #249 on: March 8, 2016, 12:51:40 am »
Gotta hold up for the EL semifinal.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2016, 10:45:53 pm »
Does anyone know if the pitch is still going to be replaced this summer? Or is the building work on the Main Stand going to delay it again? We really can't afford to be playing on that pitch for another season, apparently it should've been replaced several years ago.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2016, 11:27:11 pm »
Does anyone know if the pitch is still going to be replaced this summer? Or is the building work on the Main Stand going to delay it again? We really can't afford to be playing on that pitch for another season, apparently it should've been replaced several years ago.

It's held up fairly well this winter, but think the plan is still to replace it if the schedule allows.

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2016, 09:31:35 am »
Liverpool FC today confirmed Anfield will host the final of the Four Nations rugby league tournament in November this year.

The Four Nations, which takes place biannually, will feature teams from Australia, New Zealand, England and Scotland.

Won't be good for the pitch especially in November

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2016, 09:37:59 am »
Liverpool FC today confirmed Anfield will host the final of the Four Nations rugby league tournament in November this year.

The Four Nations, which takes place biannually, will feature teams from Australia, New Zealand, England and Scotland.

Won't be good for the pitch especially in November

Mind boggling decision for a few quid

Must mean they are sure pitch will be redone in the summer. Surely?!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2016, 09:44:06 am »
Mid Season!?

Goodbye pitch! Gonna be torn to shreds!

Offline AthleticClub

• Main Stander
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2016, 09:48:07 am »
It's rugby league lads, the pitch will be fine.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2016, 09:51:26 am »
Yeah the Union lads would've roughed up the pitch.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2016, 09:53:43 am »
Expect there will be plenty of time after to get it sorted out. It's only the one game, and hopefully the weather won't be ridiculously wet.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2016, 04:32:55 pm »
It's rugby league lads, the pitch will be fine.

Is a fair shout but seems a strange one. It'll be a one off payment deal I expect where we effectively lease the stadium to them for a day so that would be considerably less that what Ł500k...

Seems odd for us to put more traffic on an already dodgy pitch. Granted, great for the city and an extra weekend of full hotels but from a footballing decision point of view it makes no sense whatsoever!!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2016, 10:26:55 pm »
Didn't we replace it last summer?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2016, 10:47:25 pm »
http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/wigan-vs-catalans/44356

Thats the pitch after Wigan played a game of rugby on it. Granted it had been pissing it down but I don't think its in the best shape anyway but the weather around that time will have a big say on how it turns out

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2016, 11:07:14 pm »
Thought it looked in good Nick the other night
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2016, 11:19:02 pm »

Thats the pitch after Wigan played a game of rugby on it. Granted it had been pissing it down but I don't think its in the best shape anyway but the weather around that time will have a big say on how it turns out

rugby league doesn't usually do much damage to pitches - one game will make no difference at all.

Wigan's pitch is always in great shape in October when the rugby season ends and a midden by February when it starts again. It's football that's the problem.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2016, 01:09:18 pm »
Didn't we replace it last summer?

Definitely not.

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2016, 02:13:52 pm »
rugby league doesn't usually do much damage to pitches - one game will make no difference at all.

Wigan's pitch is always in great shape in October when the rugby season ends and a midden by February when it starts again. It's football that's the problem.

Spot on - the only chance this has to damage the pitch is it's absolutely belting down - and even then it would probably cause less damage than playing football on it in those conditions. 

Then again what do I know - Widnes play on plastic.  (No comments needed about last night in case there's any RL fans on this board).

Cheers
Jon

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2016, 02:39:16 pm »

The worst damage looks to be in the goal and around penalty spot, which suggests it's in poor nick from football anyway.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2016, 04:03:28 pm »
Football comes first but the stadium should be looking at other revenue streams like hosting major finals and concerts etc

YNWA

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: July 12, 2016, 12:19:53 pm »
An interesting development

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/anfield-doesnt-new-pitch-201617-11600382

No new Desso turf this season (which was already 5 years out of date). No new drainage or irrigation system (same system used since 1998). Maybe next summer but no confirmation of that.

The less games played on that pitch is going to help but it really needs sorting out

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #268 on: July 12, 2016, 12:22:00 pm »
An interesting development

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/anfield-doesnt-new-pitch-201617-11600382

No new Desso turf this season (which was already 5 years out of date). No new drainage or irrigation system (same system used since 1998). Maybe next summer but no confirmation of that.

The less games played on that pitch is going to help but it really needs sorting out

Not really a development, we already knew it would be impossible to do this summer due to the work on the stand.

The pitch wasn't bad last season with a shit load of games on it, so if they can manage it the same this coming season we'll be fine.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: July 12, 2016, 12:27:02 pm »
The pitch wasn't bad last season with a shit load of games on it, so if they can manage it the same this coming season we'll be fine.

Looked really bad in the corners and penalty areas towards the end of last season

The saving grace is the fact that the irrigation system fitted in 1998 was considered world leading at the time (due to our participation in the UEFA cup).

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #270 on: July 12, 2016, 12:28:30 pm »
Looked really bad in the corners and penalty areas towards the end of last season

The saving grace is the fact that the irrigation system fitted in 1998 was considered world leading at the time (due to our participation in the UEFA cup).

It wasn't amazing, but it was nothing like the season before when it just seemed to suddenly go.

Unfortunately wasn't really any option to do it this summer so the ground staff will just have to earn their pennies next season  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #271 on: July 12, 2016, 12:31:23 pm »

Actually, just double checked as thought I remember it holding up well.

This was the Watford game in May...

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2016, 12:36:34 pm »
It was certainly managed a lot better. They got the players to alternate their warmup routine across both sides of the pitch and the keepers spend more time warming up to the side of the goal with the spare goal.

I just remember a time when our pitch was world leading. Where groundstaff from Old Trafford, Wembley and Highbury would visit us for advice and try to poach our staff and techniques.

We've lost that over the past few years

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: May 5, 2017, 08:30:46 pm »
New pitch and drainage to be finally installed this summer, more good investment by the club and hopefully it will be graced by the Champions League next year:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-stadium-plans-solve-long-12990248

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #274 on: August 8, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »
Anyone got further info on the new pitch? Is it a complete overhaul? How does it look etc. Ta :wave
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #275 on: August 8, 2017, 06:44:02 pm »
Anyone got further info on the new pitch? Is it a complete overhaul? How does it look etc. Ta :wave
Check the stadium thread.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #276 on: August 8, 2017, 06:55:31 pm »
If we didn't manage to extend the length of the pitch after all the works it'd be disappointing.

The width is in line with the regulations but length wise we're 4 meters short. If we could at least decrease that gap in half it'd make a difference as every inch counts when almost all the teams come to Anfield to defend in numbers.

Online Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #277 on: August 8, 2017, 10:01:48 pm »
If we didn't manage to extend the length of the pitch after all the works it'd be disappointing.

The width is in line with the regulations but length wise we're 4 meters short. If we could at least decrease that gap in half it'd make a difference as every inch counts when almost all the teams come to Anfield to defend in numbers.

Explain how you can extend a pitch when there's 4 massive stands surrounding and blocking you from extending further? Where are you expecting Mignolet to keep goal from, the 2nd row of the Kop?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #278 on: August 8, 2017, 10:03:13 pm »
Explain how you can extend a pitch when there's 4 massive stands surrounding and blocking you from extending further? Where are you expecting Mignolet to keep goal from, the 2nd row of the Kop?
1 meter each side could be done no?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: August 8, 2017, 10:04:10 pm »
Update on stadium improvements: http://lfc.tv/ApSK

Completely new pitch and

Improvements to the pitch include a new automatic irrigation system installed to help improve drainage from the pitch, and also a new undersoil heating system which will help aid growth and also prevent the ground from freezing during the winter months.