Author Topic: Anfield Pitch  (Read 86607 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Anfield Pitch
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2015, 02:21:31 pm »
But it's not going to be sorted in the summer.  That's why people are annoyed about the situation.

So where you see whinging, some of us see a shit situation of our own making, which could impact our success on the pitch.

Hardly the same as arguing about shirt designs.
im seeing whinging saying the club is a joke over it and that we cant afford a new pitch

if it is reseeded in the summer then surely that can go a good way to making it more playable
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2015, 03:07:41 pm »
theres no game on it for the next 2.5 weeks

then another 2 then its finished for the season

im sure it will be in decent nick for two games. then we can sort something out in the summer.

the panic and outrage here is getting ridiculous as the new shirt thread whinging

It's 5 years past it's lifetime, hardly crazy that people are annoyed the club let it get to that stage
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2015, 03:19:48 pm »
It's 5 years past it's lifetime, hardly crazy that people are annoyed the club let it get to that stage
yeah i realize its past its lifetime but it was only a problem this season

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2015, 03:26:13 pm »
yeah i realize its past its lifetime but it was only a problem this season

And they band aiding it so will probably be a problem next year as well.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2015, 03:27:14 pm »
And they band aiding it so will probably be a problem next year as well.
yeah you could very well be right

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2015, 03:29:50 pm »
It does seem strange that it was fine last season (although a bit slow due to the type of grass) yet this season it went tits up. I know it's all well past what it should last for, and should of been done 3 or 4 years ago at least, but has it all suddenly hit a wall for it to go how it did this season, or was there something else that went on?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2015, 03:33:57 pm »
or was there something else that went on?
We did make longer domestic cup runs than usual and had a very congested schedule at the worst time as far as the pitch is concerned.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2015, 03:34:47 pm »
It does seem strange that it was fine last season (although a bit slow due to the type of grass) yet this season it went tits up. I know it's all well past what it should last for, and should of been done 3 or 4 years ago at least, but has it all suddenly hit a wall for it to go how it did this season, or was there something else that went on?

We've played alot more games on it this season haven't we? Deep cup runs, Champions league and the such.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2015, 03:41:03 pm »
It could well be the number of games I suppose.

I can't remember when the pitch first went really bad this season, but up until the end of the year we'd played 16 games on it including the Dortmund friendly, 20 to the end of Jan. Last season it was 11 to end of the year, 15 to end of Jan. Year before was 17 to the end of the year and 19 to the end of Jan.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2015, 09:41:55 pm »
If we win against Villa, there would be time to relay the pitch, right? The FA Cup give EL place in the group stages, so no more qualifiers. As for 4th...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2015, 09:52:56 pm »
LFC should start a fund for a new pitch. Im sure with the amount of supporters we have we can come up with a couple million. Get it sorted lads.
Seen us win everything

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2015, 11:50:22 pm »
LFC should start a fund for a new pitch. Im sure with the amount of supporters we have we can come up with a couple million. Get it sorted lads.

It's not about funds, it's a matter of logistics with the new stand being built.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2015, 04:33:32 pm »
The pitch is being removed to be reseeded, can anyone tell me if they do this every year?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2015, 04:35:42 pm »
The pitch is being removed to be reseeded, can anyone tell me if they do this every year?

I believe they do.

I expect they may well do some other work on it to get the pitch through next season, then the irrigation and drainage will be upgraded and a totally new pitch relayed.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2015, 04:36:58 pm »
I believe they do.

I expect they may well do some other work on it to get the pitch through next season, then the irrigation and drainage will be upgraded and a totally new pitch relayed.

So we can expect another season of an awful pitch?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2015, 04:43:58 pm »
So we can expect another season of an awful pitch?

I don't know. I'd hope that they will put some measures in place to make sure it doesn't happen the same as this one.

The same pitch was fine last season (although a little slow apparently) so although it's old it can no doubt be nursed through the season.

We don't really have much choice in it, as if expansion is preventing it being done then not like we can put that on pause. It should of been done years ago granted, but it wasn't so we have to find a way to make it work I guess.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2015, 10:19:01 pm »
https://twitter.com/Redrazor20/status/600748063129358336

Ray Hughes @Redrazor20

All grass removed from #Anfield pitch today ready for re-seeding

Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2015, 11:02:08 pm »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2015, 12:15:55 am »
No. Due to climate changes, this is a special year and the potatoes will have a plentiful harvest.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2015, 12:45:33 am »
No. Due to climate changes, this is a special year and the potatoes will have a plentiful harvest.

All the better to make the pies with.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2015, 01:42:28 am »

Was just thinking they should throw a few rows of spuds in

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2015, 01:59:44 pm »
Now that's a pitch. Well done to the ground staff at the club for getting our pitch looking good again

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2015, 02:02:21 pm »
Now that's a pitch. Well done to the ground staff at the club for getting our pitch looking good again

It does look good but will it still look the same in April after 20 odd games and horrid weather?
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2015, 02:03:40 pm »
It does look good but will it still look the same in April after 20 odd games and horrid weather?

Yep, think that's the main thing as it was always going to look good after being relaid this summer.

Hopefully they have put some measures in place to prevent last seasons problems and then it can be totally done next summer.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2015, 02:12:14 pm »
So Anfield (like many pitches here) uses 2-4% artificial turf which is used to help bind the roots and support growth and irrigation. It's called the Desso GrassMaster

That was fitted in 2000 and was considered to be one of the best pitches in the country for how well it was kept.

http://www.dessosports.com/sports/football/football-projects/liverpool-fc-uk

Now the Desso GrassMaster has a lifetime of about 10 years. So Anfield has been playing on turf that is 4 years out of date. Hence why it was so shite last season.

Now we all know who was in charge of the club 4 years ago so there is the reason for that. But I dont know why our new owners didn't get it done sooner.

But it's been done now and the artificial turf has been replaced so it should be fit for the next 10 years

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2015, 02:13:41 pm »
But it's been done now and the artificial turf has been replaced so it should be fit for the next 10 years

No it hasn't, as it couldn't be done due to the stadium work.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2015, 02:14:37 pm »
So Anfield (like many pitches here) uses 2-4% artificial turf which is used to help bind the roots and support growth and irrigation. It's called the Desso GrassMaster

That was fitted in 2000 and was considered to be one of the best pitches in the country for how well it was kept.

http://www.dessosports.com/sports/football/football-projects/liverpool-fc-uk

Now the Desso GrassMaster has a lifetime of about 10 years. So Anfield has been playing on turf that is 4 years out of date. Hence why it was so shite last season.

Now we all know who was in charge of the club 4 years ago so there is the reason for that. But I dont know why our new owners didn't get it done sooner.

Really? I thought there wasn't enough time to replace it this year due to the Main Stand redevelopment, and they were just patching it up for another year? Good news anyway if true, it was absolutely farcical towards the end of last year
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2015, 02:15:47 pm »
No it hasn't, as it couldn't be done due to the stadium work.

Ah right. That is a massive shame. I had read it had been done. But obviously mistaken

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2015, 02:33:35 pm »
Really? I thought there wasn't enough time to replace it this year due to the Main Stand redevelopment, and they were just patching it up for another year? Good news anyway if true, it was absolutely farcical towards the end of last year
I may be wrong but I read a while back that it's not just the pitch that needs to be relayed. The water pipes and under soil heating also need to be redone. All of which can only be done next season. I think we'll have to put up with a shoddy pitch for another season
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2015, 08:53:54 pm »
I may be wrong but I read a while back that it's not just the pitch that needs to be relayed. The water pipes and under soil heating also need to be redone. All of which can only be done next season. I think we'll have to put up with a shoddy pitch for another season

I heard the same because of the new main stand the new Desso grass pitch couldn't be replaced until the end of next season. The undersoil heating needs updating too, and it can't be done due to the work going on.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2015, 12:18:50 pm »
Has there been any update on this? Will we have a new pitch for the start of next season or will it be the year after?
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2015, 12:21:20 pm »
Has there been any update on this? Will we have a new pitch for the start of next season or will it be the year after?

Hopefully it'll get sorted next summer. The pitch is starting to look bare in the usual spots and will no doubt get worse. We've had a really mild and wet winter here so that won't have helped.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2015, 12:44:23 pm »
Hopefully it'll get sorted next summer. The pitch is starting to look bare in the usual spots and will no doubt get worse. We've had a really mild and wet winter here so that won't have helped.

I presume we will have to put cranes on the pitch to remove part of the old main stand roof- surely they will install a new pitch after that and with none of the usual off-season preparation due to the works?

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2015, 02:17:20 pm »
The surface itself hasn't been great for awhile.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2015, 02:24:34 pm »
Is it feasible the pitch could be made wider? I guess there's not really much touchline to work with, especially on the Lower Centenary side.
YNWA.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2015, 02:27:34 pm »
Is it feasible the pitch could be made wider? I guess there's not really much touchline to work with, especially on the Lower Centenary side.

Dunno mate, then we could have this on our hands  :-X.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hEzp50sBvxg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hEzp50sBvxg</a>

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 26, 2015, 06:49:10 pm »
Beginning to show signs of wear again, are they definitely relaying the pitch this summer? Not sure it'll survive another season.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 26, 2015, 07:02:50 pm »
Beginning to show signs of wear again, are they definitely relaying the pitch this summer? Not sure it'll survive another season.
It's drained the ridiculous rain we've had recently really well, and tbf it doesn't look any look worse than the Newcastle pitch on the telly now.

But yep, in need of renovation.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 26, 2015, 07:36:09 pm »
Isn't our pitch 5 year past it's sell by date or something? It looks like it.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #239 on: December 26, 2015, 08:48:26 pm »
Pitch looked terrible. The worst ive seen it was last year though. Not an expert farmer or anything but we should use some better fertilizer.
Seen us win everything