Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1378613 times)

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #13960 on: Yesterday at 08:11:01 am »
We really need to figure out where best to play him, or where he fits into a new system - he’s so good on the ball but we lack width on right and it harms our play I think.

Basically, where do we want him on the ball and he how can we still stretch the pitch with runners at same time.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #13961 on: Yesterday at 08:12:58 am »
We really need to figure out where best to play him, or where he fits into a new system - he’s so good on the ball but we lack width on right and it harms our play I think.

Basically, where do we want him on the ball and he how can we still stretch the pitch with runners at same time.

Under the new manager, it will be midfield or RWB.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13962 on: Yesterday at 09:03:47 am »
Very good game. His long passes nullified their press in the first half and forced them back.

When he went off, we looked out of ideas.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13963 on: Yesterday at 09:25:46 am »
Very good game. His long passes nullified their press in the first half and forced them back.

agree with that, they weren't able to deal with his passing

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13964 on: Yesterday at 12:01:45 pm »

Yes. When he isn't on the pitch, you don't know what you're missing. You think we'd be alright without him. The moment he pings one of those crosses, you know exactly why he needs to play.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13965 on: Yesterday at 12:03:05 pm »
agree with that, they weren't able to deal with his passing

That, but also our attackers being so fluent across positions on the pitch. They could run wherever, and Trent would justfind them.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13966 on: Yesterday at 12:10:56 pm »
Yes. When he isn't on the pitch, you don't know what you're missing. You think we'd be alright without him. The moment he pings one of those crosses, you know exactly why he needs to play.
Also going from Trent to Gomez in that situation was brutal.  Like all of us I love Gomez but that really wasn't the game for him.  There was a moment with about five minutes left where we had a throw-in near their corner flag and Gomez threw it back to the halfway line and we restarted the Alisson passing hypnotherapy - it's a really minor thing but Gomez just doesn't see the game anything like Trent does.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13967 on: Yesterday at 12:23:32 pm »
Also going from Trent to Gomez in that situation was brutal.  Like all of us I love Gomez but that really wasn't the game for him.  There was a moment with about five minutes left where we had a throw-in near their corner flag and Gomez threw it back to the halfway line and we restarted the Alisson passing hypnotherapy - it's a really minor thing but Gomez just doesn't see the game anything like Trent does.

Yes. Trent had run out of energy, which is no surprise given how long he was out, but I wished we'd had someone else to.brimg on. Bradley at least has boundless energy and agression, and a drive to go forward. Gomez is much more defensively minded.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13968 on: Yesterday at 01:14:36 pm »
It's all on you, lad. No pressure. xx
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13969 on: Yesterday at 01:15:06 pm »
Trent and Jota, doesn't seem what our form is they will step up, we need them both.