Author Topic: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here  (Read 494372 times)

Offline vagildi

• Main Stander
  • "Getting better everyday day!"
Re: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here
« Reply #4200 on: March 27, 2012, 12:36:05 am »
There is a huge difference in being dissapointed in our league performances and also realising the realities of not only our situation but the situation of the clubs we are trying to compete with.
Everyone is naturally dissapointed in our league form but its not as simple as that.
Giving up on the manager now is beyond ridiculous and extremely short sighted.
You want success NOW and if it doesnt come when it suits you, you want change.
Just wait. Wait and see.

Kenny needs time - he has not had a full season yet.
When you saw the mess we were in under Hodgson he has got us further than I expected in just about 12 months, but there is a way to go.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4201 on: March 27, 2012, 12:41:43 am »
Anyone who wants to continue this debate take it to http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=291641.200   as I've already agreed to Hinesy not to lock the thread on the proviso that we don't derail it any further.

« Reply #4202 on: March 27, 2012, 01:07:25 am »
You mean where we were 3 years ago in 2009 before the club got ripped apart.

We lost really good players since then in Alonso, Mascherano, Torres as well as Champions League football which Rafa always had to sell to his potential targets.

Kenny took over a broken group of players who had just been embarrassed and outplayed totally by Blackburn and lifted expectations. Maybe he lifted expectations too much but whether you value it or not from your live streaming, I've beento Wembley this year and seen us lift a cup, secure a European spot and I'm going back there in a few weeks to hopefully see us book another final place.

I've also witnessed some good performances especially in the first half of the season with some decent football played and promising signs. I do want things to get better and was gutted on the way home on Saturday but then I was gutted at half time v Olympiakos, gutteda at half time in Istanbul, gutted at Wembley in 2006 with a minute to go - get the picture.

It's called supporting and anybody who isn't prepared to give Kenny a decent amount of time is for me, not a supporter.
I have to say that while I may not always agree with the older supporters, they will do well to learn from you and how you explain things to people on here. I have never met you but I have alot of respect for you and they way you engage people who have different views from yours without hostility but instead try to encourage people to be positive.

There are some people on here who are no doubt just trying to wind people up some have genuine concerns, some are just frustrated and want to let off some steam. The sooner some people on here realize that greeting them with hostility because they say something about Kenny you deem out of order will only make things worse the better it will be for everyone.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #4203 on: March 27, 2012, 01:17:12 am »
I trust KK to have the judgement to decide when he wants/should go. He should never be hounded out and definitely not when the team is undergoing reconstruction.

4th was out of the question 2 weeks ago already, now relax.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Blade

• Not the sharpest tool in the box
  • Kopite
« Reply #4204 on: March 27, 2012, 01:21:48 am »
You mean where we were 3 years ago in 2009 before the club got ripped apart.

We lost really good players since then in Alonso, Mascherano, Torres as well as Champions League football which Rafa always had to sell to his potential targets.

Kenny took over a broken group of players who had just been embarrassed and outplayed totally by Blackburn and lifted expectations. Maybe he lifted expectations too much but whether you value it or not from your live streaming, I've beento Wembley this year and seen us lift a cup, secure a European spot and I'm going back there in a few weeks to hopefully see us book another final place.

I've also witnessed some good performances especially in the first half of the season with some decent football played and promising signs. I do want things to get better and was gutted on the way home on Saturday but then I was gutted at half time v Olympiakos, gutteda at half time in Istanbul, gutted at Wembley in 2006 with a minute to go - get the picture.

It's called supporting and anybody who isn't prepared to give Kenny a decent amount of time is for me, not a supporter.

Considering how much damage has been done to the club by the cowboys, Cecil and Roy, our recovery under Kenny has actually been ahead of schedule. Of course, we are still very inconsistent, but that was to be expected with 9 players arriving over the last year, and with both Gerrard and Lucas missing a big part of the season. At the same time, I think that Kenny has been a little overprotective of his players in his public appearances. Of course, no-one wants for him to rip the players apart after a poor performance, but they should definitely feel their share of the heat when they are not performing at the required level.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4205 on: March 27, 2012, 01:26:29 am »
I can't believe anyone would want Mourinhio.

This is the fella who moves from club to club whenever the mood takes him and depending on what will look good on his cv, who runs off at the mouth just to boost his own ego, who has shown no allegiance whatsoever to any club, who hides in laundry baskets and think s it is amusing.

He's a egotistical buffoon and I wouldn't want him anywhere near us.
I wouldn't want one of the two or three best managers in the game today to manage us either. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4206 on: March 27, 2012, 01:28:50 am »
Id rather be worried about the players rather than the manager.Id want kenny to remain in charge,but get rid of the expensive deadwood that we've got now.If we can transform the side with 2-3 15m players after getting rid of a few underperformers,Kenny will be the man to guide us to success in the long term.But with this squad no.Not even Mourinho can do a thing.Not that Id ever want him.Rafa ahead of anyone else.

Sounds an awful lot like what everyone was saying last summer.  yet it seems we have brought in more of the same. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4207 on: March 27, 2012, 02:36:03 am »
In all fairness Newcastle have had some cracking games. And luck. Where we drew against smaller teams they won. They've taken a fair few spankings too.

We didn't get that luck. We made the opportunities but then just plain didn't get the luck where a ball instead of hitting a post actually goes in.

And that much we all know needs fixing.

now. I ask again have you ever, as a fan of this club, known Kenny Dalglish to take mediocrity from any of his players lying down.

Ahhhh....the good ole luck excuse

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4208 on: March 27, 2012, 02:40:31 am »
Your beginning to fucking grate now. If you want success every single season fuck off and support the Mancs.

It's not all sentiment. But there's nothing wrong with having a little bit of faith that the manager will be able to fix things. And as for the chances, it's not a fallacy. I'm more and more convinced your here on the wind up.

WHAT!!!!!!    :butt :butt :butt

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #4209 on: March 27, 2012, 06:11:52 am »
For once, i'd like a thread to get locked. Kenny deserves better than to have his words dissected, and to be even mentioned along that attention-seeking prat.

I wouldn't want one of the two or three best managers in the game today to manage us either. 

I do, when Kenny decides its time to step down. I'd want Rafa, I'd want Guardiola. Men with class. Proper values.
This is what the Club stands for. Until you figure that out, do yourself a favour. Find another team to cheer for.

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
« Reply #4210 on: March 27, 2012, 07:20:22 am »
You know him do you?

Of course Rafa would come back - he has said as much in previous interviews and is 'the elephant in the room' while Kenny or anyone else has the job.

It is one reason why some are not willing to give kenny the time he should have.

:o

Rafa has gone to many extraordinary lengths to make it clear in no uncertain terms that he is not gunning for Kenny's job.  Implying otherwise is lying.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4211 on: March 27, 2012, 12:22:17 pm »
:o

Rafa has gone to many extraordinary lengths to make it clear in no uncertain terms that he is not gunning for Kenny's job.  Implying otherwise is lying.

I am not lying at all, neither am I saying he is actively gunning for the job, just that he would come back if asked.  In a recent interview with the BBC he said -

“To be manager of Liverpool is a dream for me. This time, I know that Kenny is doing really well.
“I have to wait and keep watching games, but if you say to me in the future would you like to be manager, for sure, no doubt about this. When, that is the question."

As I said in my post, there is no doubt that Rafa would come back and it is one reason why some people are unwilling to give Kenny the time he needs
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4212 on: March 27, 2012, 11:00:30 pm »
He's done the right thing in my opinion. Giving the players a hiding in public would do more harm than good at this point. What exactly is that going to accomplish? If we aren't playing well because players are bereft of confidence (which is the largest problem in my opinion), going to the horrible press and lashing out at them surely won't instill any in them.

We still have a cup to go win.

Is the correct answer.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4213 on: March 27, 2012, 11:09:02 pm »
This thread was great when only Mostar posted clips in it.
Now it's a bit shit and very predictable.