Author Topic: Virgin Media  (Read 125849 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Virgin Media
« Reply #440 on: February 8, 2019, 04:28:23 pm »
Got a callback today from them after giving my 30-day notice.  I'm on £46 a month for phone (never used) and 100mb broadband only after my 12-month contract ended.

Best they offered me is £41 a month or £37 for 50mb so I'm happy to bugger off to someone else after the 30 days. I don't need 100mb and I'm sure as shit not paying £41 a month for it. I've been with them for 18 years (NTL) and this is the first time they've not matched new customer offers.

When you sign up over the phone with another provider (talktalk has been spot on for me) they will take over your moving by emailing Virgin,once they do that there's a good chance that Virgin will give you a call and make you an offer that you can't refuse.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: February 8, 2019, 08:56:57 pm »
These are getting fucked off in my house as soon as my contract is up.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #442 on: March 27, 2019, 11:35:08 am »
Just binned these off after a year of nothing but problems... the Tivo box upstairs probably worked less than a week in total across the year and as for the actual internet.. meant to be 350mbs yet it struggled when there was just the 2 of us on twitter or watching youtube.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: April 16, 2019, 08:44:43 am »
I had an email a few weeks back saying my internet connection had been upgraded which means my phone will now always find the fastest signal wherever I am in the house. It has resulted in the internet never working upstairs and being extremely slow whilst it finds a signal everywhere else in the house.

Absolutely shite.

The only thing that keeps me with them is the fact that BT Sport comes with the TV package we're on.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: May 17, 2019, 09:18:43 am »
My contract is up with these now, is it worth calling and saying I'm leaving to hopefully receive a better deal or will they tell me to fuck off and let me go?

Had no issues with internet or anything but we are paying £60 a month for basic TV and normal internet.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #445 on: May 17, 2019, 10:45:43 am »
I had an email a few weeks back saying my internet connection had been upgraded which means my phone will now always find the fastest signal wherever I am in the house. It has resulted in the internet never working upstairs and being extremely slow whilst it finds a signal everywhere else in the house.

Absolutely shite.

The only thing that keeps me with them is the fact that BT Sport comes with the TV package we're on.

My WiFi with them when I go upstairs is terrible. Most of the time get faster speed by switching off WiFi and using o2. Other than that I’ve never had a problem with them to be fair.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #446 on: May 17, 2019, 03:05:12 pm »
My contract is up with these now, is it worth calling and saying I'm leaving to hopefully receive a better deal or will they tell me to fuck off and let me go?

Had no issues with internet or anything but we are paying £60 a month for basic TV and normal internet.

I phoned and cancelled and got a call from the loyalty department a couple of days later.  They offered much better deals.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: May 17, 2019, 04:10:40 pm »

Yes but just be smart about it. Retentions departments are much more savvy these days at filtering out the bullshitters with no intention of cancelling. Shop around for comparable product bundles with the likes of Sky and be armed with the pricing when you phone.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #448 on: May 17, 2019, 06:50:26 pm »
Yes but just be smart about it. Retentions departments are much more savvy these days at filtering out the bullshitters with no intention of cancelling. Shop around for comparable product bundles with the likes of Sky and be armed with the pricing when you phone.

Good advice.  I quoted Vodafone broadband price as I put my notice in and it was the first thing she mentioned when they got back to me.  I was prepared to go ahead and leave as well.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: May 18, 2019, 12:47:20 pm »
I went through at least an hour over 5 or 6 phone calls with them last year in terms of renewal.

Reluctantly I accepted their offer of everything for £99 per month. Still £12 more than what a new customer would be charged.

But here's the thing, they somehow messed up the billing, so my new bill was £139 per month, to rise to £169 per month after a year.

Several phone calls weren't fixing it, so I decided enough was enough and quit, proper quit, in a fit of rage. They sent me out the box to return the equipment and gave me my end date.

I then contacted Sky. Despite being away from them for 2 years Sky recognised me as a returning customer, and were also giving shite deals.

So I was resigned to a new life of of no sports or movies, when a few days later yet another different department of Virgin rang me. This seemed to be the get the quit customer back dept.

They offered me everything for £90 per month. Still a bit worse than what a new customer would get, but close enough, so I accepted.

But the whole experience, from both Sky and Virgin has really passed me off. I can't get my head around the logic of massively different prices for different customers. The whole thing preys upon the weak and the stupid, which is morally wrong.

Glad to have had BT sports this season though!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: May 20, 2019, 09:27:55 am »

I always make sure I get the current new customer offers, check on HUKD/Money Saving expert, then takes notes on my first call with them both. Phone the one who isn't your supplier first. It's always my second call that the better offers come.

I do the same with insurance etc, get a quote and then phone our one up, they can always give you the deal they just don't want to unless pushed.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: May 24, 2019, 09:38:42 pm »
I went through at least an hour over 5 or 6 phone calls with them last year in terms of renewal.

Reluctantly I accepted their offer of everything for £99 per month. Still £12 more than what a new customer would be charged.

But here's the thing, they somehow messed up the billing, so my new bill was £139 per month, to rise to £169 per month after a year.

Several phone calls weren't fixing it, so I decided enough was enough and quit, proper quit, in a fit of rage. They sent me out the box to return the equipment and gave me my end date.

I then contacted Sky. Despite being away from them for 2 years Sky recognised me as a returning customer, and were also giving shite deals.

So I was resigned to a new life of of no sports or movies, when a few days later yet another different department of Virgin rang me. This seemed to be the get the quit customer back dept.

They offered me everything for £90 per month. Still a bit worse than what a new customer would get, but close enough, so I accepted.

But the whole experience, from both Sky and Virgin has really passed me off. I can't get my head around the logic of massively different prices for different customers. The whole thing preys upon the weak and the stupid, which is morally wrong.

Glad to have had BT sports this season though!

Really? Just get some decent broadband and iptv?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #452 on: May 24, 2019, 11:26:46 pm »
Can we add BT sports to VM for a one off game. Say June 1st?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #453 on: May 24, 2019, 11:59:47 pm »
Can we add BT sports to VM for a one off game. Say June 1st?
I think the BT Sport channel is free to air for both the europa and CL finals. It’s also being streamed for free on BT Sports YouTube channel if you have a smart tv.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #454 on: May 25, 2019, 06:34:35 am »
I think the BT Sport channel is free to air for both the europa and CL finals. It’s also being streamed for free on BT Sports YouTube channel if you have a smart tv.
Cheers , appreciate that.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #455 on: May 25, 2019, 10:43:13 am »
I think the BT Sport channel is free to air for both the europa and CL finals.

Yes this is my understanding too.

Which is good!

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #456 on: May 25, 2019, 12:17:01 pm »
Just checked my TV guide & it's channel 100, coverage starts at 1800.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: May 25, 2019, 07:47:22 pm »
How to watch the Champions League final 2019 for FREE

The game will be made free-to-air by BT Sport for non-subscribers.

All fans can live stream the game via the BT Sport website (visit btsport.com/final on the day of the match) and mobile app.

It will also be screened in 4K, HD or SD via the BT Sport YouTube channel allowing everyone to soak up the drama.

Virgin Media customers can also tune into Channel 100 (HD) or Channel 532 (4K UHD) to watch the match for free.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/sport/2019-05-25/champions-league-final-watch-stream/

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: July 9, 2019, 04:53:38 pm »
Email this morning to say my broadband/phone package is going up by £3-50 a month from September which is about an 9% rise ( pay about £39.99 per month atm ) just come off the phone and now have a broadband only deal for £34 as I don’t even have a phone socket in the house so quite happy with that as don’t get many issues with the connection

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #459 on: August 3, 2019, 03:33:25 pm »
Binned this shower of shite off. They nearly doubled the amount I was paying to 61 quid for basic TV tivo box, 200 mb and phone line. They never offered me anything close to my original bill until I switched to plusnet and then they started to bombard me. They can fuck off in future. This plusnet is more than quick enough for all of my family to use YouTube and Netflix etc. Please avoid this company. Diabolical customer service.
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: September 12, 2019, 05:00:13 pm »
What are these like in terms of broadband? I'm currently with Sky but have had nothing but problems with them throughout my 18 month contract so I'm looking for a better provider. Called em up and they offered M100 with no download limits and a phone line for £26 p/m for 12 months (without phone it's £42 p/m) Only two of us in the house and only really need 4 devices so mindful they don't offer me a bunch of extra crap that I don't need. Main thing would be for a bit of online gaming, Sky fibre optic was awful most time I did a bit of online gaming.

“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: September 12, 2019, 06:20:24 pm »
I got a letter through from sky last week offering unlimited fibre & calls + a box for £28pm fixed for 3 years.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: September 12, 2019, 06:47:10 pm »
I got a letter through from sky last week offering unlimited fibre & calls + a box for £28pm fixed for 3 years.
My Sky fibre broadband has been awful mate, glad the contract is almost over. Review carefully before making a decision.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: October 30, 2019, 02:23:26 pm »
Just binned Sky off for these. The broadband on offer from Sky is diabolical. Almost laughably bad. Getting the Ultimate Oomph Bundle so top TV with all sports and cinema in HD on 2 boxes, M500 broadband, phone line and unlimited SIM card all for £79 a month for 12 months

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: February 10, 2020, 10:01:44 am »
Virgin are generally fine if you're in a proper underground-cabled ex Telewest area

Prices keep creeping up but I ring about once a year to threaten to leave; isn't always an amazing saving but there's always reductions. It's the old "existing customers get shat on, new customers get the red carpet" thing.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: February 10, 2020, 10:05:33 am »
They put my broadband up from £25 to £37 after 12 months  :no  Motherfuckers, that's a 50% increase.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: February 10, 2020, 10:13:08 am »
They put my broadband up from £25 to £37 after 12 months  :no  Motherfuckers, that's a 50% increase.

Ring em up and express your outrage pal. You probably joined on a 12 month offer that's expired, so WHAM, up it goes to non-deal prices!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #467 on: February 10, 2020, 10:19:03 am »
i had them just for a phone contract and didnt really rate it. The coverage wasnt great and a few other issues. Didnt stay with them very long

they took over upc with us and my folks are with them

i was impressed with how they sorted a problem on saturday, the folks pay for multiroom and and the second room had no signal. sorted it all via whatsapp
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #468 on: February 12, 2020, 08:14:28 am »
They are a terrible company to deal with, constantly giving you duff information and messing your bills up.

I threatened to leave them having been with them since 2004 and they offered me XL tele (including BT), 100mbps internet, Sky Sports and Sky Movies plus my landline for £67 per month. Obviously I snapped that up but then a few weeks later they tried to renege on it, having the cheek to say they wouldnt even contemplate offering that, it should actually be £106 per month.

So after pretty pretty much calling me a liar I demanded they listen to my original call where the deal was offered and surprise, surprise it was, "oh yes, we can see you were offered that, the agent made a mistake, we'll honour it for 12 months"

When that expires I'll be fooking them off sharpish.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #469 on: February 12, 2020, 09:19:07 pm »
Virgin are generally fine if you're in a proper underground-cabled ex Telewest area

Prices keep creeping up but I ring about once a year to threaten to leave; isn't always an amazing saving but there's always reductions. It's the old "existing customers get shat on, new customers get the red carpet" thing.

This is how you do it. Every year threaten to leave. It's a hassle but worth it. I have basic tv and 100mb for 35£ 18 month contract after haggling about not wanting a facking landline. I would have been north of 70£ if I had not haggled. Up in april so will be cancelling and awaiting a call back...

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: February 12, 2020, 09:58:14 pm »
Yeah, threatening to leave has been the way to go ever since the NTL days. There were some *big* discounts you could get if you did that when Virgin lost the basic Sky channels for a time; Virgin were absolutely desperate to keep customers during that period.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #471 on: February 18, 2020, 12:35:56 pm »
Got sky coming to an end looking at Virgin bigger package including bt sports comes with 100mb fibre anyone got this ?

my parents have virgin and its fine its the same amount that am paying for sky the now and that does not include bt sports

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #472 on: February 18, 2020, 01:43:54 pm »
Anyone else who has virgin BB just have random drop outs for like 30 seconds? i'm on their Ultimate gamer package which 500mb and no limits and about 3/4 times a day every decvice in the house will just lose internet and then come back again. this happen to anyone else?
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Online mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: February 18, 2020, 02:00:19 pm »
They are a terrible company to deal with, constantly giving you duff information and messing your bills up.

I threatened to leave them having been with them since 2004 and they offered me XL tele (including BT), 100mbps internet, Sky Sports and Sky Movies plus my landline for £67 per month. Obviously I snapped that up but then a few weeks later they tried to renege on it, having the cheek to say they wouldnt even contemplate offering that, it should actually be £106 per month.

So after pretty pretty much calling me a liar I demanded they listen to my original call where the deal was offered and surprise, surprise it was, "oh yes, we can see you were offered that, the agent made a mistake, we'll honour it for 12 months"

When that expires I'll be fooking them off sharpish.

Pretty much the same with me. Told me £59 for 12 months then when the paperwork came through it was £57 for 3 months with it going up to £74. I called up saying they have lied and quoted the name of the guy and time of call then surprise surprise they can see from the call the agent offered me what I said. I got them to email me confirming can see me having issues after my third bill when they "forget" again.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: February 18, 2020, 02:00:41 pm »
Got sky coming to an end looking at Virgin bigger package including bt sports comes with 100mb fibre anyone got this ?

my parents have virgin and its fine its the same amount that am paying for sky the now and that does not include bt sports

If it's ex-NTL underground cabled broadband (you mention fibre!) it's pretty good but beware throttling

Uptime is pretty decent for me. Always there when I need it. Not entirely comfortable with the Super Hub but the newest one doesn't freeze like the old one used to

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: February 18, 2020, 04:42:50 pm »

I have this package and it does me. You get 100mb (closer to 110mb in truth). I download games regularly and it doesn't take too long, same with patches. You also get the uhd bt sports which is a bonus. The wifi isnt the best but you can always put it in modem mode and plug your own in

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #476 on: February 19, 2020, 12:23:32 pm »
I have this package and it does me. You get 100mb (closer to 110mb in truth). I download games regularly and it doesn't take too long, same with patches. You also get the uhd bt sports which is a bonus. The wifi isnt the best but you can always put it in modem mode and plug your own in

My Ps4 takes ours to download games with sky. I have came to the end of the IPTV i have on my firestick had the game on last night and froze spent 10 minutes looking for it on another channel some dutch channel then onto Bein sports tv. my iptv ends in march aswell as my sky so going to get rid of the pair and get virgin . BT Sports is a changer for me at least I will get the premier league champions league and the UFC , if the football is on sky then either go back to my dads or go round to the pub to watch.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #477 on: February 19, 2020, 03:48:16 pm »
Anyone else who has virgin BB just have random drop outs for like 30 seconds? i'm on their Ultimate gamer package which 500mb and no limits and about 3/4 times a day every decvice in the house will just lose internet and then come back again. this happen to anyone else?

I'm wondering if I have that, my Virgin internet can disappear for a few seconds, but only seems to affect the wireless signal so I dunno if it's a router issue.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #478 on: February 19, 2020, 05:43:42 pm »
I'm wondering if I have that, my Virgin internet can disappear for a few seconds, but only seems to affect the wireless signal so I dunno if it's a router issue.
Definitely get drop out. Have got two WiFi boosters free from virgin which has helped, but not fully resolved the problem.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: February 20, 2020, 09:11:13 am »
Get drop out a couple of times a day (when I'm home, might happen a lot more when I'm at work). We use a Google Home in the kitchen as a radio so it's always streaming Radio X and every so often it'll drop out and then reconnect the stream

Other than that I can't fault the 500mb package that I have. It's absolutely rapid when downloading games and stuff, can comfortably stream on every TV in the house with no drop off as well. Might look at getting my own WiFi Mesh system to give it a boost and see if that helps with dropouts