Author Topic: Virgin Media  (Read 126836 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Virgin Media
« Reply #520 on: May 19, 2020, 08:22:08 am »
Working again [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #521 on: May 19, 2020, 09:01:24 am »
Working again [emoji108]

Try not to break it again eh?  8)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: May 20, 2020, 11:21:07 am »
Try not to break it again eh?  8)
I'll do my best [emoji106]

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #523 on: May 20, 2020, 12:26:18 pm »
got into a text conversation / argument with their customer services the other day. Upgraded via the v6 box to sky cinema on 26 April. The message on the screen said it would be £4.43 for the part month and my new monthly amount would be £97. When I then got my next bill the mid month increase was £13.00 and the new monthly amount is £115. When I raised a complaint they've tried to baffle me with saying I didn't get any Sky Cinema discount and as I've changed package mid month I lose a £4 a month discount. Even with the loss of a £4 a month discount I work that out that my new monthly payment should be £101. They wouldn't have it and to try and argue/challenge them over text message is pointless.

I wonder how long I'll be on hold for before getting through to somebody....
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: May 20, 2020, 08:16:46 pm »
got into a text conversation / argument with their customer services the other day. Upgraded via the v6 box to sky cinema on 26 April. The message on the screen said it would be £4.43 for the part month and my new monthly amount would be £97. When I then got my next bill the mid month increase was £13.00 and the new monthly amount is £115. When I raised a complaint they've tried to baffle me with saying I didn't get any Sky Cinema discount and as I've changed package mid month I lose a £4 a month discount. Even with the loss of a £4 a month discount I work that out that my new monthly payment should be £101. They wouldn't have it and to try and argue/challenge them over text message is pointless.

I wonder how long I'll be on hold for before getting through to somebody....

I always found the best way to communicate with any of them is via the online live chat option.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: May 20, 2020, 08:58:55 pm »
I'll do my best [emoji106]

You been gardening like my missus?

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: May 20, 2020, 09:23:44 pm »
You been gardening like my missus?

Nah ours is under tarmac Rob, we heard it was somebody with a JCB. 

It took out everything not just Virgin cable but most of the mobile networks, EE, Vodafone, Talktalk and 4G covering a few miles radius for nearly 12hrs.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: May 21, 2020, 10:49:25 am »
bet they're popular!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: July 28, 2020, 10:43:04 am »
Just got an email saying this:

But while things are easing right now, we also know the future is uncertain for everybody. That’s why, even though your minimum term or introductory discount is coming to an end this year, you won’t see any other price rise in 2020. You don’t need to do anything, and we’ll be in touch about your contract or introductory offer soon.
y

So does this mean my introductory offer has been extended to the end of the year, or does it mean that I'll see no other rises apart from the introductory offer being removed?

Obviously, I'd be better ringing them than asking RAWK, but I can't face a VM call centre today!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #529 on: July 28, 2020, 10:47:46 am »
I need to get hold of them to see if I can get my account moved to my new house when I move in a couple of weeks, excited to see how much more they try and charge me for it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #530 on: July 28, 2020, 01:07:30 pm »
Just got an email saying this:
y

So does this mean my introductory offer has been extended to the end of the year, or does it mean that I'll see no other rises apart from the introductory offer being removed?

Obviously, I'd be better ringing them than asking RAWK, but I can't face a VM call centre today!

I just got this too. I read it as no (yearly?) price rises. If you have a look at your bill it should say what discounts you are getting and when they expire, normally around the time you'd phone up and threaten to leave.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #531 on: August 7, 2020, 12:07:32 pm »
Got Virgin installed last November and had been running perfect, but the last couple of days in Halewood the broadband is having intermittent connection issues.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: August 7, 2020, 02:15:45 pm »
I got a letter yesterday from them saying they'll be no price rises on my internet monthly bill in 2020.

Seems every year it goes up 1-2 pound a year, paying £41 a month right now.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: August 20, 2020, 10:29:51 pm »
I cancelled mine and got the retentions call up. I agreed to his offer as it appeared to be decent enough. What he didn’t tell me is that the new price cut the speed in half and would cost a £35 ‘connection fee.’ This was despite me saying that my current speed was barely enough for me.

Needless to say, I rang up and cancelled it again.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #534 on: August 21, 2020, 08:50:13 am »
I cancelled mine and got the retentions call up. I agreed to his offer as it appeared to be decent enough. What he didn’t tell me is that the new price cut the speed in half and would cost a £35 ‘connection fee.’ This was despite me saying that my current speed was barely enough for me.

Needless to say, I rang up and cancelled it again.

Groan

Yeah, they seem to throw a package at you. And it sounds boss.

But they don't itemise it. You have to ask, "what will the change be to my TV/ internet"?

It's vaguely dishonest to me. It's the sort of stuff you should just be told

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: September 5, 2020, 03:35:38 pm »
What are these V6 boxes like? Been many years since I had a Virgin TV box but for reasons given here gonna have to switch from Sky

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #536 on: September 5, 2020, 06:32:07 pm »
Mine's pretty good. Lots of space, fast, supports 4K (though all I've had to see in 4K from Virgin so far is the odd footie game on the showcase channel). It does do annoying things like autorecord the news(!) but it takes up so little space.

It's better than the old one, seems stable

Also quite like my Samsung TV remote also can control it. Their own remote's alright... but a nice feature if you have a newish TV

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #537 on: September 12, 2020, 09:23:48 am »
My deal was due to expire & managed to keep the same overall price, but got faster broadband, more TV & more data for my mobile (quad play).  The money off offers were pretty poor.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: September 13, 2020, 09:47:42 am »
Groan

Yeah, they seem to throw a package at you. And it sounds boss.

But they don't itemise it. You have to ask, "what will the change be to my TV/ internet"?

It's vaguely dishonest to me. It's the sort of stuff you should just be told

It’s really dishonest given the conversation we had about my broadband needs and his failing to mention the reduction in speed (and baseless connection fee).  I ignored the follow up calls for that reason. Trying my hand with a competitor now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: September 14, 2020, 01:22:37 pm »
All calls are recorded so you can just tell them to go back and listen to the deal that was agreed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: October 4, 2020, 09:46:06 pm »
Thinking of joining Virgin after several months of low speed and drop outs from Sky. They've had 2 telecom engineers visit my place (only changed the phone socket) and now a got a broadband engineer coming in a few days. This may be the last throw of the dice before I fuck them off, but are Virgin good enough?

Going through this thread, they still have call centres in India???  :o :puke2

Virgin currently doing an online exclusive deal until 14/10 for £24/month for 18 months for the M100 fibre only package. Speeds are like 20x what I get from shitty Sky (paying £19/month) but I'd be more than happy with just 8-10Mpbs.

Is the equipment from Virgin reliable? And their support? How long do you normally wait for engineer call outs? Do you need extra warranty?

Any piece of advice appreciated.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #541 on: October 4, 2020, 10:09:42 pm »
Their service has been pretty good for me, consistently get the 200mb I pay for (though it does sometimes drop during peak hours).  It rarely goes down, and while the call centres aren't in England (from what I remember), they're still decent enough.

I've been with them for around 5-6 years now and wouldn't use another supplier.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: October 4, 2020, 11:34:06 pm »
Thinking of joining Virgin after several months of low speed and drop outs from Sky. They've had 2 telecom engineers visit my place (only changed the phone socket) and now a got a broadband engineer coming in a few days. This may be the last throw of the dice before I fuck them off, but are Virgin good enough?

Virgin currently doing an online exclusive deal until 14/10 for £24/month for 18 months for the M100 fibre only package. Speeds are like 20x what I get from shitty Sky (paying £19/month) but I'd be more than happy with just 8-10Mpbs.

Is the equipment from Virgin reliable? And their support? How long do you normally wait for engineer call outs? Do you need extra warranty?

Virgin are pretty good, never had problems with speed dropouts, any issues i've had have been dealt with the next day, one where the box cover blew off during a hurricane a few years ago and around June i had a issue of no net, the Router had no power, rang them up and they sent an engineer the next day, he checked the line and saw they was no problem and found the issue was the router had gone and he gave me a brand new one from his van.

I'm paying £41 quid a month for 200MB, i average on Speedtest around 110-120mb, works a charm for Netflix and gaming.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #543 on: October 8, 2020, 12:39:28 pm »
Virgin are pretty good, never had problems with speed dropouts, any issues i've had have been dealt with the next day, one where the box cover blew off during a hurricane a few years ago and around June i had a issue of no net, the Router had no power, rang them up and they sent an engineer the next day, he checked the line and saw they was no problem and found the issue was the router had gone and he gave me a brand new one from his van.

I'm paying £41 quid a month for 200MB, i average on Speedtest around 110-120mb, works a charm for Netflix and gaming.
That genuinely shocks me that a Virgin customer is getting anywhere near the advertised speeds with them. It's great and better than 99% of the country that speed, it just surprises me.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #544 on: October 8, 2020, 12:58:14 pm »
I pay for 200MB and having done a test just now got 212MB download and 21MB upload. I'm WFH and the eldest is streaming netflix too. Probably get less in the evening though but I think on avergae its around the 110-120MB mark.

I wonder if its good as Vodafone have just laid or are about to lay their 1GB lines...
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #545 on: October 8, 2020, 01:18:49 pm »
I pay for 200MB and I just tested it.

I'm getting 205MB download and 21MB Upload

Usually get around 200+ all day/night
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: October 8, 2020, 01:58:50 pm »
I pay for 200MB and I just tested it.

I'm getting 205MB download and 21MB Upload

Usually get around 200+ all day/night

Pretty much the same here 220mb download and 21 upload, streaming netflix at the same time too.

Only thing with virgin is trying to use tv go on the laptop and can't watch on my laptop even though device is already registered.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2020, 03:52:38 pm by Liv4-3lee »

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: October 11, 2020, 09:11:15 pm »
Virgin £75 PCM for 2 boxes, Sky sports and BT all sports channels + ents - 205 mb fairly consistent

Sky £95 for 40 mb and just ents, no sport, been with sky since 2002 and they couldn't be arsed

Simples
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: October 12, 2020, 12:07:57 pm »

I get just over 100Mb down and 10Mb up. Absolutely fine for my needs, and the stability is very good. Their hubs can be a bit flaky, and I've needed 2 replacements in the past couple of years, but they arrived quickly and were easy to set up. If you have a big or oddly shaped house, you'll need to consider Wi-Fi coverage, because the Virgin Super Hub isn't that great in terms of Wi-Fi signal strength.

I ended up investing in 3 of those BT mesh Wi-Fi discs, with one hard wired into the router. Whole house has great signal now, but that cost me about £150 from memory. House is very big though, and oddly shaped, and the router is probably in the worst position it could be in the entire property.

Re: engineer visits, We had a major outage about 18 months ago, which they traced to the little manhole thing outside my house. They had a crew on site for 3 days, digging up the pavement and relaying new fibre from the fault point to the property. Our house is on a big plot, so it involved a 40 odd metre run of fibre under a block paver path, all of which they re-laid really well. It was a right pain, and took about 10 days from the fault occurring to us being back online, but the service was great, and they even refunded the broadband fee for the period we missed.

Only con really is the price. I could get much cheaper broadband, but where I live the speeds offered by other providers just don't compare to Virgin fibre.

Call Centre thing is an annoyance, but you don't really need to contact them that much, and when you do, its not that bad.

Hope the info helps.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 12:12:25 pm by Only Me »

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #549 on: October 12, 2020, 01:19:56 pm »
Virgin £75 PCM for 2 boxes, Sky sports and BT all sports channels + ents - 205 mb fairly consistent

Sky £95 for 40 mb and just ents, no sport, been with sky since 2002 and they couldn't be arsed

Simples

How you getting that with virgin? Not online that. Do the sports channels include hd?
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: October 12, 2020, 06:34:08 pm »
We’re moving soon and getting the Ultimate Oomph bundle for £89 I think it is. All the sports/movies etc, 2 x V6 boxes, 600Mb Broadband, landline, and Unlimited data SIM

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #551 on: October 12, 2020, 06:36:05 pm »
I got upgrades on all my services: 200mb broadband from 100mb, the Bigger TV package (220 channels) inc BT Sport (SKY Sports seemed too expensive to add) from the Big package, a landline & 5gb worth of data for my mobile (an extra 3gb of data compared to my previous deal) , all for £60pm.

This was through retentions (speaking to 3-4 different people & I finally got this deal).  The money off deals on my existing packages were pretty crap,

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: October 13, 2020, 04:31:47 pm »
Good information from all in here, thanks. Keep it coming.

Had a brief chat with their customer services and seems like it was in the Phillipines? I definately recognised the accents!

They were decent enough and I have a £24/month deal (for 18 months) for the M100 package tabled to activate in a months' time but I can cancel beforehand or push the installation date further back. All just depends now on how well Sky deal with my current problem. The clock is ticking on them.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: October 18, 2020, 12:02:04 pm »
How you getting that with virgin? Not online that. Do the sports channels include hd?

Not sure it's still available but just went online - sports do include HD

Original offer was £65 added another box £10
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:03:35 pm by Bangin Them In »
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #554 on: October 18, 2020, 01:47:18 pm »
Anyone else upgrade to the v4 router? Is it any better than the v3? Worth bothering with?
(Sometimes these "improvements" are actually a downgrade)

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: October 18, 2020, 03:36:35 pm »
Got my install at my new build on 10th November. Not sure on the v4 but I believe the WiFi coverage on the v3 is abysmal, so have got an Eero mesh WiFi pack ready to take with us.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #556 on: October 19, 2020, 07:43:14 am »
V3 router is shocking for WiFi. How can I get the v4?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: October 19, 2020, 01:09:46 pm »
Install booked for 10th November

M500 Broadband (Soon to be upgraded to M600)
Maxit TV + Plus all Sky Sports HD / Sky Movies HD / Kids / BT Sport 4K
Two V6 Boxes
Talk More Anytime (anytime calls to UK landlines, mobiles, 0845/0870 numbers)
Unlimited 4G Sim
First 3 months free

£79 for 18 months but with the 3 free months makes it effectively £65.83 per month.

Can't grumble with that deal.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #558 on: October 22, 2020, 04:48:33 pm »
thats a good deal. Take it you are a new customer?

They got slated on Watchdog (One Show) lastnight. About time they got called out for shit deals for existing customers. I pay £94 a month and get:

200MB Fibre
All TV except Sky Sports / Movies
Free calls all the time - landline
2 V6 boxes and 1 TIVO box
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: October 22, 2020, 04:50:46 pm »
Yeah new customer on a new build development, I think some of the deals they have are exclusive to the new build team.