Author Topic: Tiger Woods - Greatest Sportsman Ever?  (Read 80209 times)

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: Tiger Woods - Greatest Sportsman Ever?
« Reply #920 on: February 23, 2021, 08:23:30 pm »
@michaeleaves
Injuries are not considered life-threatening. Currently undergoing surgery on leg injuries. Local police source said the initial report from the scene of the accident indicated the possibility of multiple leg fractures. #TigerWoods #golf
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #921 on: February 23, 2021, 08:28:06 pm »
Hope he took out the extra insurance on the rental car... ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: February 23, 2021, 08:34:50 pm »
Hope he took out the extra insurance on the rental car... ;)

An "on the lash" policy  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #923 on: February 23, 2021, 08:34:58 pm »
Always was an erratic driver.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #924 on: February 23, 2021, 08:45:25 pm »
You'd think this would be the end of his career, but clearly he cannot let go and you are a long time retired and I don't think he's ever been able to get his head around that fact.

Best wishes to Tiger, hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks like it could've been and hearing it isn't life-threatening is a big bonus. Leg fractures are bad of course but if you look at that photo of the wreck you instantly think it would be fatal.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: February 23, 2021, 08:47:03 pm »
You'd think this would be the end of his career, but clearly he cannot let go and you are a long time retired and I don't think he's ever been able to get his head around that fact.

Best wishes to Tiger, hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks like it could've been and hearing it isn't life-threatening is a big bonus. Leg fractures are bad of course but if you look at that photo of the wreck you instantly think it would be fatal.

Yeah whatever will he do once he retires. He'll need a hobby!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #926 on: February 23, 2021, 09:21:26 pm »
I'm not interested in golf but I wondered why this thread kept getting bumped. I just saw on the news what's happened. Bloody hell, that looked bad. I hope he makes a full recovery.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #927 on: February 23, 2021, 10:04:55 pm »
Thats not going to do his recovery from back surgery any good at all.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #928 on: February 23, 2021, 10:05:39 pm »
I have just seen the news. Hope he is okay. Looks like a bad one
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #929 on: February 23, 2021, 10:07:28 pm »
It seems as though he was awake and alert when the first responders arrived, and his driver door was on the side against the floor and he had to be taken out through the windshield.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #930 on: February 23, 2021, 10:31:48 pm »
Multiple compound fractures. Can't see him ever playing again competitively.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #931 on: February 23, 2021, 10:54:58 pm »
Multiple compound fractures...
That's nasty. 😞
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: February 24, 2021, 12:15:08 am »
Multiple compound fractures. Can't see him ever playing again competitively.

The Man won a US Open on one leg....he'll play again.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: February 24, 2021, 02:17:45 am »
I have a sinking feeling that he drove off that edge intentionally.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #934 on: February 24, 2021, 08:48:36 am »
You don't think 250-300 spread out over 8-10 years for clubs and 20-30 to play maybe twice a month is accessible in this day and age? Have you seen how much it costs to go to the cinema?

I think its probably more accessible than it maybe was, but still not majorly. I think there's a lot of families who couldnt afford a Ł300 outlay on some clubs for a kid regardless of how long they'd last, plus Ł30 a couple of times a month to go to a course to play plus travel, balls etc and then better and better clubs and equipment and fees if they do get good at it. Like DS says you can just go down the park with any old trainers and an old football and have a game for a few hours.

Awful to hear about Tiger. Think its pretty wrong to start speculating about a car crash though.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #935 on: February 24, 2021, 10:03:34 am »

You know, my Mum said the same thing while watching the news. You just don't know. It seems as though the car saved his life, a new big SUV that cushioned the impact with how its designed and the airbags too.

The reports on his injuries are not good for an athlete. If he was 30 I'd say yeah, give him a year and he'll be back. Can't see it this time, but there is no quit in the man. He's perilously close to the all the time win record and once the dust settles you know he'll think that 'if Hogan could do it over 70 years ago, I can do it now.'

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: February 24, 2021, 10:24:40 am »
My mind went to Hogan as well as while he was a younger man when it happened Hogan recovered to a point he could win again. Its a setback that's for sure but a life or death moment like this may allow him to focus on what is really important in life. That may mean him concentrating on his family and business off the golf course but he will hit the rehab gym as hard as his body will allow. We will see if he can get back to the pro tour but he may be thankful he can just walk again when it could have been a lot worse.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #937 on: February 24, 2021, 10:24:47 am »

it was a slice of good fortune that he wasn't killed
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #938 on: February 24, 2021, 10:55:23 am »
You know, my Mum said the same thing while watching the news. You just don't know. It seems as though the car saved his life, a new big SUV that cushioned the impact with how its designed and the airbags too.

The reports on his injuries are not good for an athlete. If he was 30 I'd say yeah, give him a year and he'll be back. Can't see it this time, but there is no quit in the man. He's perilously close to the all the time win record and once the dust settles you know he'll think that 'if Hogan could do it over 70 years ago, I can do it now.'
Whoosh  :lmao

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: February 24, 2021, 12:55:41 pm »
it was a slice of good fortune that he wasn't killed

IF it was a deliberate act, its a slice of good fortune he didn't kill an innocent member of the public, as he crossed the central reservation and was travelling at a high speed according to the Police reports

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #940 on: February 24, 2021, 01:22:21 pm »
IF it was a deliberate act, its a slice of good fortune he didn't kill an innocent member of the public, as he crossed the central reservation and was travelling at a high speed according to the Police reports
It's like whoosh central in here today  :lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #941 on: February 24, 2021, 01:24:12 pm »
I don’t think it’s massively ‘PC gone mad’ to suggest it’s maybe a little early to be joking about this
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: February 24, 2021, 01:26:57 pm »
Ankle sounds fucked. Multiple fractures and multiple pins
Also muscle detachment is not good

Shame really
His body has been through quite a lot, 4 back surgeries, busted leg. I’d say he’s probably done too much seal training in his life, but wtf do I know

Might be a long time out if his injuries are as bad as they say

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: February 24, 2021, 01:31:13 pm »
The Man won a US Open on one leg....he'll play again.

That was 13 years ago, before the ACL surgery, 5 back surgeries and now this. He’s 45 now and probably has the wear and tear on his body of someone decades older. Man’s been through hell physically, mentally and emotionally. I won’t rule him out making a comeback but it’s also definitely not a given that he’s back playing competitively on the PGA Tour.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:33:08 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #944 on: February 24, 2021, 02:56:58 pm »
At the very least we can count him out for 2021.  He'll be 46 in 2022 - i don't think the record of sportsmen coming back from serious injuries in their mid 40's is all that encouraging. We can just hope that he can make a full enough recovery to enable him to live a normal, pain-free life. Let him enjoy playing with his kid on the course and helping him develop, rather than wondering if he can play 72 holes over 4 days of competition. 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: February 24, 2021, 03:50:35 pm »
At the very least we can count him out for 2021.  He'll be 46 in 2022 - i don't think the record of sportsmen coming back from serious injuries in their mid 40's is all that encouraging. We can just hope that he can make a full enough recovery to enable him to live a normal, pain-free life. Let him enjoy playing with his kid on the course and helping him develop, rather than wondering if he can play 72 holes over 4 days of competition.

I agree with this. You could see how much fun he was having with Charlie when they played against the Thomases. Looked like he didn’t have a care in the world

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: February 24, 2021, 05:03:26 pm »

The accident occurred in the hilly Palos Verdes Peninsula south of Pacific Palisades at 7:12 a.m., according to the LA County Sheriff’s Department. The department gave the location as northbound on Hawthorne Boulevard near Blackhorse Drive. That section of Hawthorne is four lanes wide and fairly steep and Woods would have been going downhill at the time.Woods was driving a new Genesis GV80 crossover SUV, a vehicle loaded with safety features designed to mitigate damages in a crash. Genesis calls the suite of safety technology in the GV80 “our most advanced safety.”

“Not only do these features cover the full spectrum of potential hazards, they also come standard,” Genesis says on its consumer website.

Safety features available on the GV80 include: forward collision-avoidance assist, lane-change oncoming (which helps prevent head-on collisions with oncoming cars), and driver attention warning, which “issues visual and audio alerts when it senses you should stop and rest for safety’s sake.”

Preliminary published reports on the accident say Woods suffered compound fractures to both legs. The car rolled over and came to rest on its side. Woods was removed from the vehicle through the windshield. The GV80, like all cars sold in America, comes with both active and passive safety features that include forward crumple zones meant to protect front-seat drivers and passengers. The IIHS rated all three Genesis sedans—the G70, G80 and G90—as “Top Safety Picks” for 2020.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: February 24, 2021, 06:15:21 pm »
I knew it was him.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: February 24, 2021, 07:21:17 pm »
 :lmao

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #949 on: February 24, 2021, 07:35:36 pm »
I don’t think it’s massively ‘PC gone mad’ to suggest it’s maybe a little early to be joking about this
Quite... I’d be hopping mad if it were me..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 07:42:11 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: February 24, 2021, 07:55:30 pm »
Quite... I’d be hopping mad if it were me..

Sorry but  ;D

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #951 on: February 24, 2021, 09:25:06 pm »
Whoosh  :lmao

I'm not sure what's funny, you've got a troubled golfer off the back of more recent surgery and who also has a history of painkiller dependency. Stranger things have happened and celebrity or not he's only human.

It looks almost certain that he didn't do it deliberately but even if it is a bit below the belt to speculate, it isn't an outlandish idea. Nobody said aliens made him do it.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #952 on: March 17, 2021, 02:36:12 pm »
a little birdie told me he's on the road to recovery

it's been a bit rough for him - i must admit he's been looking a bit green

and he's still got a fair way to go yet

all the best tiger  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend