Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 181409 times)

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #440 on: December 1, 2018, 06:35:11 pm »
That first strike beats every keeper that has ever lived. Insanely good.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #441 on: December 1, 2018, 06:37:54 pm »
That first strike beats every keeper that has ever lived. Insanely good.

For those into their cricket that is a Waqar Younis late swinging express yorker. You don’t keep them out.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #442 on: December 1, 2018, 06:43:02 pm »
For those into their cricket that is a Waqar Younis late swinging express yorker. You don’t keep them out.

;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #443 on: December 1, 2018, 06:45:29 pm »
The lads a special talent

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: December 1, 2018, 07:09:19 pm »

For a brief moment there you almost made cricket sound interesting.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: December 1, 2018, 07:10:58 pm »
For a brief moment there you almost made cricket sound interesting.

My pity for you knows no bounds - or boundaries if you prefer.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #446 on: December 1, 2018, 07:13:44 pm »
My pity for you knows no bounds - or boundaries if you prefer.

You hit him for 6 with that one.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: December 1, 2018, 07:31:14 pm »
You hit him for 6 with that one.

Yeah, was a long hop mind.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #448 on: December 1, 2018, 07:37:06 pm »
I think Ibe's hype was scaled off Sterling, and how short we were on pacey, skillful wide players. Wilson's hype seems more grounded to me, as he's being compared against our world-class lineup in Mo, Shaq and Mane, and there's healthy reservation about his physicality.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #449 on: December 1, 2018, 07:45:40 pm »
Lads absolutely on fire, love it  ;D

Exactly what you want to see from a loan
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #450 on: December 1, 2018, 07:53:19 pm »

A bit average in many ways...

We are only seeing the highlights... is it down to the system, him, development?  Who knows
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: December 1, 2018, 07:53:55 pm »
He’s the real deal is Wilson. His strike rate, first for Hull City and now Derby, is first class. But he’s got so much more to offer than shooting technique. I’ve been noticing for a while now how superbly he receives a pass while on the move. And if you look at the first goal again today it showcases another of his talents - which is that he keeps his eye on the ball and the movement behind him, even though he’s ahead of both. He’s a back-pedaller! Consequently he’s always finding space in the final third of the pitch.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: December 1, 2018, 07:59:08 pm »
9 goals for club and country since 22nd September. NINE!

I wonder how much of it is down to having the right manager to get the best out of his particular skillset- if there's one thing Fat Frank knows, it's how to score goals from midfield.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: December 1, 2018, 08:00:31 pm »

We are only seeing the highlights... is it down to the system, him, development?  Who knows

I'd rather him not be as adept at the things Klopp can teach him than be good at them and have zero end product to be honest

There will be a good deal of room for improvement, he's still what 21/22?

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #454 on: December 1, 2018, 08:01:34 pm »

He did that while tampering with his balls? In that case it was even more special.

Cheers
Jon

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #455 on: December 1, 2018, 09:42:41 pm »
Harry Wilson is going to be the next British star, he's showing early signs I've last seen with the likes of Harry Kane and Gareth Bale. This lad knows how to truly hit a ball from distance (in that camp there's been Gerrard and Lampard too). Now, we have to see how he develops other aspects of his game.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: December 1, 2018, 09:45:22 pm »

The complete lack of dribbles is interesting. Must be something system related as he was doing alright with Hull.

I still don't think he has the all round game to make it at the very top mind. But goals stand out and he's doing that well on the Championship.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2018, 09:48:42 pm by Chris~ »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: December 1, 2018, 10:05:02 pm »
I hope people don’t pigeon hole him into thinking he is just about long range shooting and set pieces, he’s a good dribbler, quite frankly can pass as good or has as good of a touch as any of our wide forwards and has great movement and awareness, he is quite obviously a star, the question is what doesn’t he do well? I haven’t seen one poster explain with a logical argument.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2018, 10:12:23 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: December 1, 2018, 10:06:40 pm »
The complete lack of dribbles is interesting. Must be something system related as he was doing alright with Hull.

I still don't think he has the all round game to make it at the very top mind. But goals stand out and he's doing that well on the Championship.

His all round game is good enough for him to be deployed as a centre mid, as far as all round game goes he isn’t any less well rounded than Mane or Salah despite him obviously being not as good yet.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #459 on: December 1, 2018, 10:09:00 pm »
Marko Grujic is back fit now, and was straight back into Hertha's starting 11, he's played 90 mins in both their last 2 games - a win and a draw vs Hannover 96 and Hoffenheim.

Hertha fans have really taken to him, and seems he's the one guy in midfield who can win headers  :D  They would love for him to stay at Hertha if it where at all possible.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: December 1, 2018, 10:09:28 pm »
Premier league is very different from scoring against some crappy championship side though.

There’s not really a lot of good premier league teams either.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: December 1, 2018, 10:11:36 pm »
Is Wilson a fast player?

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: December 1, 2018, 10:13:54 pm »
Is Wilson a fast player?

Yes he is despite some people strangely trying to paint him as average paced, he doesn’t play in a way which always exposes his pace but he is fast, he’s always been.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: December 1, 2018, 10:14:21 pm »
His all round game is good enough for him to be deployed as a centre mid, as far as all round game goes he isn’t any less well rounded than Mane or Salah despite him obviously being not as good yet.
Come on, i know you're his biggest fan but this just isn't true.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: December 1, 2018, 10:19:44 pm »
Come on, i know you're his biggest fan but this just isn't true.

It blantantly is, and his overall game including his touch and passing is why he could dovetail between wing and central midfield positions so easily, even though he only ever played as a forward here. When playing there he has looked every bit the central midfield player that Mount has who is more natural to that position and would probably end up there long term. For Wales he has played as the number 10 in the game before last ahead of Brooks for that same reason, he can pass he can move and take players out of the game from a central position.

Saying that his best qualities are still his shooting and movement, this paints a picture of a player as well rounded and as intelligent as anyone in our forward line actually, and he does look Shaqiri like because of that also.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2018, 10:21:26 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: December 1, 2018, 10:24:10 pm »
Yes he is despite some people strangely trying to paint him as average paced, he doesn’t play in a way which always exposes his pace but he is fast, he’s always been.

So he's rapid and has got a deadly shot on him - would the Ox position be what he'd be best suited to in our 4-3-3?

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: December 1, 2018, 10:26:48 pm »
So he's rapid and has got a deadly shot on him - would the Ox position be what he'd be best suited to in our 4-3-3?

I still think he would be best as a forward either as part of the three or as a number 10, I don’t think he is quite as balanced and as good going the other way to play Centre mid long term and certainly not to the level of Ox, going forward I think he could be used in a similar way to the way we’ve used Shaqiri.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: December 1, 2018, 10:35:31 pm »
Coolie, you really don’t do the lad any favours with some of the utter hyperbole you come out with about him.

He’s had a good loan spell at Hull and he seems to be having a better loan spell at Derby, and he’s done well in a few games for Wales. He’s in fantastic form right now, it’s great to see. But nothing he’s done even remotely suggests he’s better at anything than Mane or Salah, it’s absolutely preposterous to even suggest it (apart from free kicks). He’s playing at Championship level, you can’t just ignore that and you can’t use a couple of cup games as proof he can do it at the highest level. Mo was doing that, at the same age, scoring in European semi finals. What he’s doing at the moment suggests he’s probably ready to be an option off the bench for us, but it also suggests the loan was what he needed. Just be patient, his time will come here.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: December 1, 2018, 10:45:11 pm »
I don’t think it’s hyperbole you do, I’ve actually been consistent with my opinions since before he left on loan since then he hasn’t done anything to change my opinion in fact he has confirmed it, he’s a real talent good enough to play at this club, easily.

I actually said he isn’t as good but the problem is maybe how you see football, he can be as well rounded as any of those players without yet being at that level consistently, Shaqiri certainly was and many including myself couldn’t see it till we saw it day in day out at our own club, lucky for me I’ve seen Wilson for years and I’ve seen Mane and Salah too, whatever level he is at you can still judge his ability, which is why when that same argument was being used against him when he was scoring left right centre at reserve level, I pretty much ignored it, lo and behold the same people saying it’s just  ‘reserve football, he probably won’t do the same at championship level, are using the same argument only this time to justify why he won’t do the same at Pl level, even though most of the Pl is full of shite quality and the actually times he’s played against top 6 opposition he’s been man of the match, scored and won penalties playing with players half of the quality of those he would be playing with here.

When you bring the line of it’s just championship players maybe also consider that he isn’t playing with the quality of Firmino Salah Keita and the likes either.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2018, 10:52:11 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: December 1, 2018, 10:46:12 pm »
And also worth remembering that the bottom 10 of this league wouldn’t look out of place in the Championship.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2018, 10:52:30 pm by Coolie High »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: December 1, 2018, 11:08:21 pm »
And also worth remembering that the bottom 10 of this league wouldn’t look out of place in the Championship.

...and full of players who also tore up the Championship and have done nothing more than okay in the Premiership.

No one is saying he won’t make it or can’t make it, it just doesn’t need the incessant building up of him in comparison to our front three. Doesn’t help the lad at all. I mean ‘as well rounded and intelligent as anyone in our front three’....? Not only was Mo playing at a higher level at the same age, but he’s improved at an almost super human rate since then. He’s just set records for goalscoring in this league. And Mane is Mane and Bobby is Bobby. They’re three pretty much elite forwards. And we don’t really have any cover for the wide positions, so it’d be great to see him start off there. But he isn’t even close to any of them, well rounded, intelligent, multi faceted, whatever. And why would he be?

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: December 2, 2018, 12:36:02 am »
...and full of players who also tore up the Championship and have done nothing more than okay in the Premiership.

No one is saying he won’t make it or can’t make it, it just doesn’t need the incessant building up of him in comparison to our front three. Doesn’t help the lad at all. I mean ‘as well rounded and intelligent as anyone in our front three’....? Not only was Mo playing at a higher level at the same age, but he’s improved at an almost super human rate since then. He’s just set records for goalscoring in this league. And Mane is Mane and Bobby is Bobby. They’re three pretty much elite forwards. And we don’t really have any cover for the wide positions, so it’d be great to see him start off there. But he isn’t even close to any of them, well rounded, intelligent, multi faceted, whatever. And why would he be?

I understand you a bit, but maybe we see things different. When Trent Arnold was 16 player in the reserves, he was already a better footballer technically than Clyne who was playing at a much higher level and an England regular and member of the first team. When Wilson was 19 players in the reserves, he was already and i said this at the time, the best set piece taker at this club. I didn't have to see him play in the first team to say that, because football is football, and when a young player can striker straight through a ball at 40 yards and impart dip and pace and do all the things which deems a good set piece taker at that level, i don't have to say that because for example Mane or Lallana are players with greater experience that they should be better set piece takers than Wilson.

Wilson is a player who has only played wide forward as a youngster, suddenly get games at Centre midfield, his not only played there but excelled, because of his composure touch and general awareness as a footballer, you wouldn't put a Traore or Ibe in centre midfield, you wouldn't put Salah or Sane there, even at that level. Why Lampard thought to play him there, and Giggs play him as a number 10 is partly because he has the attributes, attributes his had since he was 16 technically, and also a intelligence and understanding to play that position.

You say that and in the same token remember as a forward, what seperated  him from Kent or Ibe while here, was his movement composure and finishing near the box, and general intelligence and understanding of the wide forward position, especially pertaining to what we saw from our best prototype wide forwards in Sterling Mane then Salah, like these players he knew when and where to run, and he was more composed when faced with the proposition of finishing an opportunity. This was at youth and reserve level, fast forward a few years, and an example of what i'm talking about can be seen in a game against top 6 PL opposition where he ran in behind, broke Uniteds line of defence and was left with a goalkeeper who was forced to take him out and get sent off in the process. The same runs he used to do for the u18's he was doing against the 2nd biggest team in the land, in the biggest stadium in the land. A run that Salah does time and time again, as does Sterling or most top wide forwards, he shares this in common with Salah, yet as i explained is also trusted to play as a centre midfield, what does that tell you off his well roundedness, his intelligence and understanding? But of course until he starts exhibiting these skills against Ryan Sessegnon, Ciaran Clark and Charlie Taylor week in week out, as opposed to Martin Olsson and Jamal Lewis, you may not understand what i mean.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: December 2, 2018, 12:43:42 am »
SHIT! Did you see that? He must have a foot like a traction engine

That.......was a goal!
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #473 on: December 2, 2018, 12:54:01 am »
He's always been our rough diamond but unfortunately people would rather hype up lesser prospects than someone who has been the msoty consistent youth product in terms of productive output that I personally have seen come through. Yes he's now 21 but he missed about two years worth of football and wasn't blessed with the physicality of Sterling to ease the integration. But in terms of numbers he's outperformed his peers at u18, next gen, u21, u23 and on his first full loan and now is starting to do it on his second.

The loan was probably good for him but he will definitely score goals for us next season. He reminds me so much of Kewell at Leeds it's uncanny.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #474 on: December 2, 2018, 01:00:53 am »
He's always been our rough diamond but unfortunately people would rather hype up lesser prospects than someone who has been the msoty consistent youth product in terms of productive output that I personally have seen come through. Yes he's now 21 but he missed about two years worth of football and wasn't blessed with the physicality of Sterling to ease the integration. But in terms of numbers he's outperformed his peers at u18, next gen, u21, u23 and on his first full loan and now is starting to do it on his second.

The loan was probably good for him but he will definitely score goals for us next season. He reminds me so much of Kewell at Leeds it's uncanny.
As long as he doesn't remind you of Kewell at Liverpool....
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #475 on: December 2, 2018, 02:26:02 am »
I don't think he has the needed pace to play on the forward lines for us, so the question is whether his other attributes can compensate for that to allow him to do so.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #476 on: December 2, 2018, 02:36:43 am »

Yes please Kewell at Leeds with Owen,Fowler and Heskey would have won the prem at some point.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: December 2, 2018, 01:23:26 pm »
I don't think he has the needed pace to play on the forward lines for us, so the question is whether his other attributes can compensate for that to allow him to do so.

Doesn't look any slower than Bobby is or Phil was to be fair to him

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #478 on: December 2, 2018, 01:33:40 pm »

The lad's fast, certainly quicker than the likes of  Shaqiri, Bobby, Solanke and possibly Origi.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: December 2, 2018, 01:35:33 pm »
Would be quite fun seeing Shaqiri, Trent and Wilson standing over freekicks next season