Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 184180 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #640 on: December 18, 2018, 06:29:36 pm »
A really bad one.

We want him to develop, not slog around on 3G pitches playing bog standard football.

I think we might consider giving them Markovic, and that’s about it. Maybe Bogdan if we still own him. Or Brad Jones, he’s probably still on the books.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #641 on: December 18, 2018, 07:24:23 pm »
Solanke is far too good for the Scottish league...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 07:26:40 pm by Mulled T₂Oh Cum All Ye Faithful »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: December 19, 2018, 06:15:20 pm »
I think we might consider giving them Markovic, and that’s about it. Maybe Bogdan if we still own him. Or Brad Jones, he’s probably still on the books.
Why do you think we wouldn't give them another player bar the ones mentioned? We have alot of players in our u23 team that the Scottish league might be the highest level they ever get to even similar to how it was for Michael Ngoo.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #643 on: December 19, 2018, 07:05:39 pm »
Why do you think we wouldn't give them another player bar the ones mentioned? We have alot of players in our u23 team that the Scottish league might be the highest level they ever get to even similar to how it was for Michael Ngoo.

Style of play doesn’t look even close for a start

And since Ejaria has come back, all we’ve heard is how he didn’t have the heart to handle Scotland, wasn’t tough enough etc etc. I can’t imagine we’re loaning kids out to toughen them up and the sort of players that seem to thrive up there we really don’t produce, thankfully. Plus yeah...the abuse doesn’t help.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #644 on: December 19, 2018, 08:04:12 pm »
I've seen every single game he has played in, I'm a season ticket holder.

I don't know where this top 5 ranking comes from. He plays as our number ten and yet he only has 2 goals and 1 assist in 29 games. As I've said earlier he sort of flatters to deceive and definitely reminds me of Nathan Oduwa. He has nice touches and is a tidy enough player at times, although sometimes he looks a little awkward, but ultimately he doesn't really carry much of a threat. The final ball just isn't there (His goal in Russia was very nice though  :) ).

Here's part of an interview from Gerrard about him:

Gerrard added: “Ovie’s a Liverpool player, and I’d like to thank them for having the opportunity to have him here for half the season.

“Am I disappointed he’s gone? Yes. Do I think it’s the right thing? No, because he had an incredible opportunity here. I accept the decision, but I’m sad over it.

“I wish Ejaria all the best, he’s a nice kid, very quiet. He told me it was 100 per cent football reasons, and I have to respect that.

“But I’m never going to stand in the way of a player who’s not happy at Rangers and not settled.

“I’ve got people here who are desperate to wear the shirt, and who would run through a brick wall to wear it

“I don’t think it will affect us getting players from Liverpool.

“I’ve just sent one player back who played 25 games, 11 of them in Europe. He wore the No10 jersey for Rangers playing in front of 51,000 people

“We’ve got another Liverpool player in Ryan Kent who has played about 20 games, and who has re-ignited his career after two bad loans, and who I want fit as soon as possible.

"Kent is having the time of his life here. But youngsters are all different, they have different characters.”

Didn’t realize you were a season ticket holder , top 5 ranking is where I think he is from the few games I’ve seen

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: December 19, 2018, 08:56:03 pm »
Solanke won't be going to Rangers. :lmao

There's multiple PL clubs sniffing around looking for a nice loan in January, he's far too good for the SPL.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #646 on: December 19, 2018, 10:26:44 pm »
Solanke won't be going to Rangers. :lmao

There's multiple PL clubs sniffing around looking for a nice loan in January, he's far too good for the SPL.

I think sending players to Southampton may be beneficial with the new manager.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #647 on: December 21, 2018, 01:11:20 pm »
Kane signs a new deal and stays with Doncaster for the rest of the season.
AHA!

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #648 on: December 21, 2018, 01:29:48 pm »
Kane signs a new deal and stays with Doncaster for the rest of the season.
Bit surprised he signed, but good for us, Doncaster and hopefully him long-term.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #649 on: December 21, 2018, 01:55:32 pm »
I think sending players to Southampton may be beneficial with the new manager.

it'd have to be a sale to Southampton if it happened in January, they already have one Liverpool player on loan.

Palace or Huddersfield maybe, would be a decent loan.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: December 21, 2018, 02:32:27 pm »
I'd rather Solanke was managed by Gerrard than Hodgson. How can you wish that fate on the poor lad?

(The resurfacing of the Deck the Hodge thread has brought it all back, like PTSD).

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: December 21, 2018, 02:44:47 pm »
The Doncaster fans seem delighted with Kane staying the season and think he could be key in their promotion chase.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: December 21, 2018, 03:11:06 pm »
it'd have to be a sale to Southampton if it happened in January, they already have one Liverpool player on loan.

surely not the owl. with wagner mates with klopp, I do think it is a better option even though Huddersfield seem to be struggling a bit. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: December 21, 2018, 03:13:15 pm »
surely not the owl. with wagner mates with klopp, I do think it is a better option even though Huddersfield seem to be struggling a bit.

I know everyone hates Hodgson, for good reason, but Palace aren't a bad team, they shouldn't be struggling as much as they are for sure though, but if he got playing time there, dont see it as a bad move at all despite the manager. Huddersfield are rather poor, but he'd get to play so still a good option for a loan, both would work really I reckon.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: December 21, 2018, 04:04:01 pm »
I wonder what Hodgson would teach him, as compared to what he would learn under Beale and Gerrard. I'm assuming Wagner's training must be rather more progressive.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: December 21, 2018, 04:16:39 pm »
I wonder what Hodgson would teach him, as compared to what he would learn under Beale and Gerrard. I'm assuming Wagner's training must be rather more progressive.

I would think playing time goes above teaching for a few months this season if he gets a loan. He's had plenty of great coaching the last couple years, getting playing time at a high level would be more beneficial at this point, and again, as much as we hate Hodgson, I don't think he's going to 'damage' a player by his teaching in a few months. I have no idea how good a coach Gerrard is and if he's any better an option than Hodgson, but I'd rather see the better young Liverpool players in the prem or the championship rather than at Rangers.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #656 on: December 21, 2018, 07:02:19 pm »

Hudders would be a great choice because they often dominate possession- as they did v Newcastle in the last game - without scoring. Same v Arse away, where they enjoyed plenty of ball but no goals. It would be a great test for Solanke.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: December 22, 2018, 01:37:07 am »

Style of play doesn’t look even close for a start

And since Ejaria has come back, all we’ve heard is how he didn’t have the heart to handle Scotland, wasn’t tough enough etc etc. I can’t imagine we’re loaning kids out to toughen them up and the sort of players that seem to thrive up there we really don’t produce, thankfully. Plus yeah...the abuse doesn’t help.

We loaned them two players at the start of the season style of play can't be much of a concern. Also its not like a player goes through his career only playing the one system they need to adapt to make it as a pro.

VVD thrived in Scotland I wish we produced someone like him.

Abuse is uncalled for if that's what happened. I read he got abuse on twitter and so do lots of other players with the idiots on twitter as is Facebook. However I can't remember the last time a player  publicly quit on a loan club can you?

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: December 22, 2018, 01:39:11 am »

Palace would be a poor choice imo what with Benteke returning from injury at the end of December.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: December 22, 2018, 02:12:20 am »
Palace would be a poor choice imo what with Benteke returning from injury at the end of December.

Benteke has been dogshit since Hodgson went there, not sure if that makes a case for sending Solanke there or keeping him as far away as possible.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: December 22, 2018, 03:48:56 am »

Benteke can’t be much better then Solanke, if he’s even better then him at all. 

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: December 23, 2018, 04:01:19 pm »
JoeCole, where art thou????
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #662 on: December 24, 2018, 02:18:14 pm »
For all the talk about style, I think I'd rather Solanke get a few months of football playing alongside Zaha and Townsend than whoever Huddersfield have supporting their strikers.  I like Wagner a lot, I wouldn't mind if we did loan to Solanke to Huddersfield, I just think Solanke might benefit from playing alongside better attacking players at Palace if it came down to a choice between the two.

And no one should be worrying about Benteke as potential competition for him if he did go to Palace.

Just hope we're not even contemplating letting him go to Rangers, if we are contemplating letting him go given Sturridge's issue with the FA still unresolved and Origi's future is also uncertain.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: December 24, 2018, 03:55:44 pm »
If Solanke is off on loan it must mean that Origi stays for the rest of the year. Can't see them both departing in Jan.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: December 24, 2018, 04:34:34 pm »
I can't see FSG allowing our players to be touched by Hodgson, barring an absolute insistence by Klopp. Like the rest of us, they're likely still waking up in a cold sweat from nightmares about his time here. John Henry can't stand him. I'm sure they think he'd ruin our players.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: December 24, 2018, 04:37:47 pm »
I can't see FSG allowing our players to be touched by Hodgson, barring an absolute insistence by Klopp. Like the rest of us, they're likely still waking up in a cold sweat from nightmares about his time here. John Henry can't stand him. I'm sure they think he'd ruin our players.

I think Palace would be great move for him.

They create more than Huddersfield and he will be playing with better players.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: December 24, 2018, 04:40:30 pm »
If Solanke is off on loan it must mean that Origi stays for the rest of the year. Can't see them both departing in Jan.

Think that depends. If a team offers decent money for Origi then I think we sell.

We'll have Brewster coming back soon and we've the Big Cude who can play in the front line.

Plus players like Duncan who is knocking on doors already.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: December 25, 2018, 12:26:44 pm »

Think that depends. If a team offers decent money for Origi then I think we sell.

We'll have Brewster coming back soon and we've the Big Cude who can play in the front line.

Duncan has only made one appearances for our u23s he's miles off the first team. Brewster hasn't touched a football for a year come January he may never return the same player. I have no idea who big cude is?

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: December 25, 2018, 12:31:57 pm »

For all the talk about style, I think I'd rather Solanke get a few months of football playing alongside Zaha and Townsend than whoever Huddersfield have supporting their strikers.  I like Wagner a lot, I wouldn't mind if we did loan to Solanke to Huddersfield, I just think Solanke might benefit from playing alongside better attacking players at Palace if it came down to a choice between the two.

And no one should be worrying about Benteke as potential competition for him if he did go to Palace.

Just hope we're not even contemplating letting him go to Rangers, if we are contemplating letting him go given Sturridge's issue with the FA still unresolved and Origi's future is also uncertain.
Zaha and Townshend aren't supporting the strikers they are the strikers!

Benteke started the season as crystal palaces main striker and players there until he got injured. What makes you think a striker who got one goal in 21 appearances would replace him? Solanke looked far off being a Premier league level player last season.

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: December 25, 2018, 01:23:47 pm »
Duncan has only made one appearances for our u23s he's miles off the first team. Brewster hasn't touched a football for a year come January he may never return the same player. I have no idea who big cude is?

Big cube - Shaqiri?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: December 25, 2018, 02:13:51 pm »

Sorry big cube.

Point is we have back up and if a decent offer comes in for Origi I believe we will sell. Origi hardly comes on now so that spot could go to Brewster who will be back soon.
M

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: December 25, 2018, 02:40:34 pm »

I think that FSG would trust Klopp and Edwards to make that decision regardless of what they think about the manager/club of the team that any potential players would be loaned to. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: December 25, 2018, 02:41:51 pm »

Is Brewster really ready for first team action?  Is he even in full training yet?  After a year out I can't imagine that he'd be playing in anything other then U23 games this year. 

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: December 25, 2018, 06:21:06 pm »
Is Brewster really ready for first team action?  Is he even in full training yet?  After a year out I can't imagine that he'd be playing in anything other then U23 games this year. 

Of course he will need match time with the Under 23's but he will train with the 1st team when fit.

You sell players to create room as well for youth and you put them on the bench for experience e.g. Folden at City.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: December 25, 2018, 08:05:19 pm »
Of course he will need match time with the Under 23's but he will train with the 1st team when fit.

You sell players to create room as well for youth and you put them on the bench for experience e.g. Folden at City.

I guess I don’t think that Brewster is as close to getting match time as others are.  It doesn’t really make sense to me to sell anyone this year if he’s not going to be fit enough/good enough yet to get match time with the first team. 

Totally understand your point though. 

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #675 on: December 26, 2018, 10:44:08 am »
Zaha and Townshend aren't supporting the strikers they are the strikers!

Because the strikers they've got are all crap, hence why they're interested in Solanke.

Benteke started the season as crystal palaces main striker and players there until he got injured. What makes you think a striker who got one goal in 21 appearances would replace him? Solanke looked far off being a Premier league level player last season.

The fact that Benteke is a shadow of the player he was a couple of years ago.

And Solanke didn't look far off being a PL level player last season.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #676 on: December 26, 2018, 04:14:12 pm »
Harry Wilson just scored another incredible free-kick for Derby.

He makes it look routine.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: December 26, 2018, 05:01:38 pm »

I swear, only Messi scores as many free-kicks as he does!

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #678 on: December 26, 2018, 05:37:20 pm »

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/1077961321776336897?s=21

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: December 26, 2018, 05:41:18 pm »
Another worldie from Harry