Author Topic: Spyin' Kop Liverpool v Arsenal, 3/3/2012  (Read 7495 times)

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
Spyin' Kop Liverpool v Arsenal, 3/3/2012
« on: February 29, 2012, 04:33:53 pm »
Saturday Arsenal come to Anfield and for the Spyin' Kop I usually go looking for opposing fans on their message boards but from a Dutch football forum I know a couple of Gunners who were willing to help out with my questions nicely. Here they are! (I translated this all from Dutch, if there is something sticking in here which is in Dutch tell me please ;) )

1. What were your season expectations?

Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: Before the season started there were rumours about a departure from Nasri and Fabregas, the skipper. Nasri had played a great season but had a contract for just a year, so it was either sign a new deal or move on. Eventually we, understandably, sold him for a lot of money. It was a shame as he was a key player and to challenge for silverware you need them to stay. But the way Nasri treated Arsenal was a disgrace.

On top of that Fabregas was sold and Wilshere got injured, so we were without our three best players who weren’t replaced and were left with the very injury-prone Van Persie as a star man and skipper. So it was going to be tough to challenge for the top spots. If we finish fourth we’ve done well.
Kevinarsnl: It’s tough to take when Benayoun and Arteta replace Nasri and Fabregas, though they’ve been better than expected(though I miss the brilliance of them two). I wasn’t optimistic. Around sixth in the league, no Cup glory and an early European exit. Which was about right. I don’t think we’ll get fourth, Liverpool and Chelsea are great sides.
JoëlGunner: I didn’t expect a lot but a good cup run would have been nice. The title was beyond us.

2. How did it feel to annilihate Spurs?

Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: Brilliant. They were favourites according to the pundits and when Saha scored I feared another 8-2. Then they got 2-0 up which was horrible, even more bad luck for us against Spurs of all clubs. Luckily we got two goals before the break and were brilliant in the second half. It made me proud and now was more than ever a time to give them a trashing as their arrogance began to piss me off.
Kevinarsnl: Brilliant, what’s better then to trash them? After the second Spurs goal I feared the worst and I prayed for us to be clear of that and the prayers were answered. I loved Walcott. And ‘Arry’s face.
JoëlGunner: Brilliant! Season’s highlight along with Henry’s goals and the win at Chelsea.

3. Arsène Wenger has had some criticism. Does he need to stay or is his time up?

Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: Obviously Wenger needs to stay, he IS Arsenal! We ain’t got all the money like Chelsea or City, that’s why we have to sell our key men all the time. Imagine if we had kept Nasri and Fabregas, it would have been great. That’s why I hope Wenger can get the money to build a new great team, the man deserves that for all the work he’s done.
Kevinarsnl: You crazy, he should get a contract for life for all the good work he’s done here. It’s a miracle we’re fourth with this squad! I feel for Arsene, he could have been in Madrid or Paris, yet he stayed.
JoëlGunner: I’m split sometimes. But he made this club big and I respect his methods.

4. Who’s your key man outside RvP?

Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: Koscielny and Song. They have been reliable and developing this campaign. Koscielny is, in my opinion, one of the best defenders in the league and Song has improved his passing a lot.
Kevinarsnl: Song is the heartbeat of our team. His tackling and passing are brilliant. Wilshere is great too if fit.
JoëlGunner: Tough one, I’ll say Koscielny.

5. Arsenal are known for their great Academy. Are there some new kids on the block?

Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: I expect a lot of Benik Afobe, a strong striker, 19 years old. It says a lot that he could have gone to Barcelona already. Furthermore there’s Nicholas Yennaris, a young left-back who has played in the first team a couple of times now.
Kevinarsnl: Frimpong won us over already and Coquelin is an even bigger talent. And there are lads like Lansbury, Miquel, Afobe, Aneke, Eastmond and Yennaris who’ll do well.
JoëlGunner: This season Yennaris, Miquel, Frimpong and especially Coquelin announced themselves. I can see the latter become a key player. From the youth team I think Myaichi, Ozyakub and Afobe might make the step.

6. What’s your opinion on Kenny Dalglish?

Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: A nice, sporting man. However he’s paid way over the odds for Henderson, Carroll and Downing, I think that’s pretty laughable.
Kevinarsnl: I’m young so I haven’t seen his successes in the past, but I like him as he’s honest and not playing a role.
JoëlGunner: A nice bloke and a club legend. Great to have someone like him leading the club.

7. If you could get one Liverpool player, who would it be?
Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: Lucas Leiva never stood out for me but he’s been great this season. It’s a shame for both him and Liverpool that he’s out for the season.
Kevinarsnl: We haven’t had a lot to smile at Arsenal this season so I’d take Andy Carroll for a good laugh.
JoëlGunner: Suarez

8. Will RvP stay?
Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: I hope so and think so, I think he’s a proper Gunner but we could do with some new faces. He wants to win trophies but he wants to do that at Arsenal.
Kevinarsnl: I don’t know. He does look happy at Arsenal, but you never know. If he’s clever, he’ll stay.
JoëlGunner: I hope so, it’ll depend on the next months. How well will we play, who will we bring in?

9. Have you got a favourite game between our clubs?
Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: The Carling Cup Game at Anfield in 2007 when Julio Baptista got a hat-trick for Arsenal’s second-string team which won 6-3. Lovely.
Kevinarsnl: The 4-4 game with Arshavin is the first one that springs to mind. He was never great but he was immense that night.
JoëlGunner: The 4-4 with Arshavin was historical. The CL game in 2008 springs to mind too, with Walcott making that run. Unfortunately Liverpool scored again and we were out.

10. In what way Arsenal in March is different from Arsenal in August?

Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: We weren’t a team then and had bad luck with Koscielny’s injury and Frimpong’s red card. A full-strength Arsenal would have won that day, Liverpool didn’t convince me either but weren’t bad enough to drop points that day.
Kevinarsnl: We’ve got a quality bench now and everybody in the squad wants to be here. Things look better now.
JoëlGunner: The team’s more balanced now. We got a couple of new faces, though most of them are out for Saturday, but to have someone like Arteta is important.

11. Which team will Wenger pull out?
Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: I don’t see many changes. Perhaps Benayoun or Rosicky out for Gervinho or Oxlade-Chamberlain.
 So Szczesny, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Sagna, Song, Arteta, ?,  ?, Walcott and RvP
Kevinarsnl: The same that trashed Spurs. Don’t think Wenger will change, he’d be crazy if he did.
JoëlGunner: Szczezny
Sagna-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Gibbs
Song-Arteta
Rosicky
Walcott-RvP- Gervinho

Vermaelen and Rosicky if fit, otherwise Djourou and Ramsey

12. Mind to predict the score?
Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: It’s never easy to play at Anfield. Liverpool will be confident after their victory last week, but I think they’re very average. Arsenal to win 1-3(hopefully..)
Kevinarsnl: 2-2. Suarez and Gerrard for Liverpool, RvP and Arteta for Arsenal
JoëlGunner: 2-3!

13. Where will both teams be come May?
Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: If Arsenal win Sunday, 4th is beyond Liverpool and Newcastle will fall away sometime. So 4th is between us and Chelsea and we’ll pinch it. Liverpool to get 6th.
Kevinarsnl: There I said it, we’ll get fourth. Pool 5th, above Chelsea though. And Torres :D
JoëlGunner: Arsenal third, Liverpool 6th
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:47:02 pm by DutchRed »
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Re: Spyin' Kop Liverpool v Arsenal, 3/3/2012
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 04:47:28 pm »
thx for that!!

good read....i've never liked Arsenal fans, but they didn't seem half as bad as some i've met. usual cocky shit at times but thats to be expected!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:52:23 pm »
Can we do all our spyin' kops from dutch forums from now on? They seem a lot more level headed than most fans on english forums.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 04:52:51 pm »
Can we do all our spyin' kops from dutch forums from now on? They seem a lot more level headed than most fans on english forums.

Hehe, you'll struggle to find many Wigan supporters :)

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 04:52:53 pm »
Thanks for your work, DutchRed.

Offline trenchtownrasta

• fairy anne
  • Kopite
  • you may say I'm a dreamer,but I'm not the only one
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 04:53:58 pm »
I appreciate effort you went through to translate that captain.
'Say what you like about deaf people'.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 04:55:54 pm »
Can't believe their favourite game wasn't beating us at Anfield for the title in 1989
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jersey

• Kopite
  • Belgian Red
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 04:56:02 pm »
"Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild", lmao.
No retreat baby, no surrender

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 04:56:50 pm »
Can't believe their favourite game wasn't beating us at Anfield for the title in 1989

Don't think any of them were alive in 1989, Andy :)

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »

That was a full 3 years before football was invented. No need to remember such ancient history. :)

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 05:02:08 pm »
Thanks DR!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 05:04:15 pm »
Decent set of replies, all pretty accurate, seem like a fair bunch.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 05:27:26 pm »
They can't be older than 12 then, surely.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 05:28:35 pm »
There's a chance Vermaelen might be out? Djourou's an accident waiting to happen.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 05:48:33 pm »
Bold the nicknames and questions please.
Thanks for the effort.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spyin' Kop Liverpool v Arsenal, 3/3/2012
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 05:58:01 pm »
Good effort that mate. Glad there Dutch too as English responses would be similar to Piers Moron esque shite. There confident but that defence is leaky as fuck, even with there strongest back 5.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12:45 pm »
They can't be older than 12 then, surely.

I'm 29 and barely remember that.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 06:17:30 pm »
Cheers DR. Much appreciated.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 06:24:50 pm »
Cheers for that DR,

Those Dutch lads seem of sound mind...
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 11:27:31 pm »
Good read, thanks very much.

They seem like a good bunch. We will never be favourites for fourth at the moment, but don't put it past us. If we win this game and the derby game we will be right back in there. It's not expected, but definitely possible. I fancy us to win this one.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 1, 2012, 07:15:01 am »
Cheers for that.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #21 on: March 1, 2012, 10:00:53 am »
Thanks DR and the few Gunners.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #22 on: March 1, 2012, 10:10:16 am »

My first thought as well.

Nice read as well, thanks for that.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline general change if that's easier

• Kopite
  • "And there will be four added minutes..."
« Reply #23 on: March 1, 2012, 10:14:09 am »
Kevinarsnl: We haven’t had a lot to smile at Arsenal this season so I’d take Andy Carroll for a good laugh.
:D

Well reasoned replies, cheers for the work DutchRed.

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #24 on: March 1, 2012, 10:24:54 am »
Cheers mate.

That was quite a good read  :)

Offline Adamski LFC

• Kopite
  • Polymath, ... I think not
    • Dash Equestrian
« Reply #25 on: March 1, 2012, 11:01:58 am »
Thanks bud

Good read
Hoping not to embarrass oneself should not be the ultimate aim when posting

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #26 on: March 1, 2012, 11:03:51 am »
Thanks for your work, DutchRed.
Loved this bit "
 . Will RvP stay?Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: I hope so and think so, I think he’s a proper Gunner but we could do with some new faces.
"

New faces instead of RvP, riiiiiiiiiight.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #27 on: March 1, 2012, 11:05:27 am »
Loved this bit "
 . Will RvP stay?Arsene Wenger’s Lovechild: I hope so and think so, I think he’s a proper Gunner but we could do with some new faces.
"

New faces instead of RvP, riiiiiiiiiight.

Sorry, failed to translate that properly. It should have said 'we could do with some new faces to keep RvP happy'

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #28 on: March 1, 2012, 11:07:01 am »
Sorry, failed to translate that properly. It should have said 'we could do with some new faces to keep RvP happy'
That makes sense.  :-[

Thanks again.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29 on: March 1, 2012, 11:12:33 am »
Cant believe they still want Wenger to stick around

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: March 1, 2012, 01:33:01 pm »
Cant believe they still want Wenger to stick around
Of course they would, and they should. I'm sure fans of other clubs that believed what the media said thought the same about Rafa. Wenger IS Arsenal, like one of the posters said. I personally hope they fire him because that would be good news for us, but if I was an Arsenal fan, I would definitely want him to stay. Despite their trophy drought, he is still one of the best managers in the world. Granted things haven't worked out perfectly for them in the last few years, but getting rid of Wenger won't solve the problem. I think the problem lies with their directors, not the manager.

Online LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 1, 2012, 01:46:10 pm »
thanks for that, enjoyed their nice comments about king kenny.

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #32 on: March 1, 2012, 05:28:17 pm »
I'm 29 and barely remember that.

I'm 44 and still have nightmares over it :(
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 1, 2012, 11:11:00 pm »
Very nice bunch, one of the kindest Ive seen in Spyin Kop. Thanks dutchman.