Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 589588 times)

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #4080 on: January 5, 2020, 08:14:06 pm »
My MOTM today, was superb throughout!! So calm on the ball and bossed the midfield

Just came in here to say exactly that. Lead by example and ran the midfield.

I’d be more than happy with another couple of years of Lallana part of the squad.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #4081 on: January 5, 2020, 08:49:26 pm »
What a performance that was. New deal?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #4082 on: January 5, 2020, 08:50:29 pm »
So composed today, pulled all the strings and talked the young lads through it all.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #4083 on: January 5, 2020, 08:54:04 pm »
I hope he stays! Would understand if he chose not to though.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4084 on: January 5, 2020, 08:56:46 pm »
Give him a new contract; anyone who doesn't rate him doesn't rate football

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4085 on: January 5, 2020, 08:57:31 pm »
Second the shouts for MOM, without question actually. Absolutely ran the show.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4086 on: January 5, 2020, 08:57:33 pm »
When you've got a million young lads out there what you need is somebody they can feel comfy passing to under almost any circumstances. Lallana is that player.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4087 on: January 5, 2020, 08:58:33 pm »
He's not been injured all season has he? If he can stay fit a year extension might well be a good idea.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4088 on: January 5, 2020, 09:01:21 pm »
He's not been injured all season has he? If he can stay fit a year extension might well be a good idea.
It seems like that's already been offered.  I'd imagine Lallana wants a longer contract and more regular football and if those are the reasons he ultimately leaves then good luck to him.

I'm still harbouring hope he'll extend his stay.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #4089 on: January 5, 2020, 09:05:28 pm »
Outstanding leadership and on field coaching today, especially with Nat Phillips and Yasser Larouci
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: January 5, 2020, 09:05:28 pm »
Proper footballer, excellent influence for the younglings today.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4091 on: January 5, 2020, 09:05:41 pm »
He was outstanding today!

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4092 on: January 5, 2020, 09:44:30 pm »
Boss footballer.

And that’s a fact.
AHA!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4093 on: January 5, 2020, 09:48:31 pm »
I have to say it. He was incredible.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4094 on: January 5, 2020, 09:54:27 pm »
Outstanding leadership and on field coaching today, especially with Nat Phillips and Yasser Larouci

Yep. He never shut his mouth, in a good way I mean. His first touch is outstanding. He may not be the quickest, but some of of his touches give him a yard.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4095 on: January 5, 2020, 10:06:54 pm »
Hendo' best mate... he needs to sign a new contract and stay with us.

Plus he's quality.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4096 on: January 5, 2020, 10:08:57 pm »
Can only echo what everyone else is saying, what a brilliant performance. He’s such a great player when fit, with superb composure on the ball, incredible work rate off it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4097 on: January 5, 2020, 10:09:31 pm »
He sure put in a shift today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4098 on: January 5, 2020, 10:19:25 pm »
He really stepped up to the plate today. Great performance.
Justice for the 96!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: January 5, 2020, 10:55:22 pm »
Doesn't seem to do as many Cyruff turns nowadays, which disappoints me.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4100 on: January 5, 2020, 10:57:49 pm »
Doesn't seem to do as many Cyruff turns nowadays, which disappoints me.

Didn't even need one to send Sigurdsson off to the shops.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4101 on: January 5, 2020, 11:02:47 pm »
Can only echo what everyone else is saying, what a brilliant performance. He’s such a great player when fit, with superb composure on the ball, incredible work rate off it.
That's all there is to it. It's simply a matter of fitness with Lallana. He has the quality to play in our midfield. Hopefully he can stay fit for the rest of the season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4102 on: January 5, 2020, 11:05:49 pm »
Top lad, great game, more two-footed than any other player in the league, bet he writes with both hands as well.

Can we finally learn not to keep writing our players off and trying to sell them off in these threads?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4103 on: January 6, 2020, 12:54:31 am »
Reckon he will only be offered a deal with a big wage reduction?

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4104 on: January 6, 2020, 01:00:17 am »
Top lad, great game, more two-footed than any other player in the league, bet he writes with both hands as well.

Can we finally learn not to keep writing our players off and trying to sell them off in these threads?

He’s come in at key points and played really well, Old Trafford, the cup derby - would be a shame if he left in the summer.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4105 on: January 6, 2020, 01:05:58 am »

His positioning and composure was what struck me today. That, and his constant talking to the younger players, makes me wonder if he'd be happy with a longer playing-coaching contract, that reduces his playing time whilst allowing him to teach the youngsters.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Lar Salty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4106 on: January 6, 2020, 01:19:29 am »
I’m guessing there were like 20 Adam Lallana supporters with posts already typed, ready to post as soon as the match ended. His followers are weirdly devoted. I’d urge you devote yourself to the crest first.

Lallana looked his normal slow, ineffectual self today for me. Didn’t stand out stand out like you’d expect a first team player to in a team full of kids (See Gomez for what a first team player should look like in that squad). He was slow when he joined the club, and all of the injuries have clearly physically limited him even more. He isn’t Liverpool quality. At this point it shouldn’t even be a discussion, but I know that he has a weird cult following for some reason.

Wish him the best at the next club he plays for. Hope he finishes his club with Southampton or something, but he probably isn’t good enough for them at this point, either.

Offline Lar Salty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4107 on: January 6, 2020, 01:22:33 am »

Found the fifa player.

More two-footed than Mane, Firmino, Keita, Ox, Gini, Trent, etc.??? That’s an absolute joke. There’s no way you’d come to that conclusion on your own. No way.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4108 on: January 6, 2020, 01:29:20 am »
Found the fifa player.

More two-footed than Mane, Firmino, Keita, Ox, Gini, Trent, etc.??? That’s an absolute joke. There’s no way you’d come to that conclusion on your own. No way.

Absolutely. Have you seen his ability to dribble and pass with both feet?

I’m guessing there were like 20 Adam Lallana supporters with posts already typed, ready to post as soon as the match ended. His followers are weirdly devoted. I’d urge you devote yourself to the crest first.

Lallana looked his normal slow, ineffectual self today for me. Didn’t stand out stand out like you’d expect a first team player to in a team full of kids (See Gomez for what a first team player should look like in that squad). He was slow when he joined the club, and all of the injuries have clearly physically limited him even more. He isn’t Liverpool quality. At this point it shouldn’t even be a discussion, but I know that he has a weird cult following for some reason.

Wish him the best at the next club he plays for. Hope he finishes his club with Southampton or something, but he probably isn’t good enough for them at this point, either.

I can't see how someone can come to this conclusion after watching that game.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4109 on: January 6, 2020, 01:33:07 am »

He is a proper footballer, if you can't see that then I pity you.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4110 on: January 6, 2020, 01:35:03 am »

Lol, guessing you've been burned a few times for your view and are sore. Your username suits you

Found the fifa player.

Yes way

And I've never played fifa - I assume that's a game, right? - in my life

Keep trying, bud
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4111 on: January 6, 2020, 02:26:40 am »
Definitely my MOTM. With Milner going off early he stepped up to the plate to lead the young fellas in every aspect of the game.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4112 on: January 6, 2020, 03:52:46 am »

The manager must be clueless as well considering how much he's praised him.

But considering you also posted this beauty

We're going to be infinitely better off when Klopp finally transitions out of the Henderson era. He just doesn't have enough to his game when we have players like Fabinho and Keita on the bench. This midfield trio of Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum ends up being completely diced whenever we face a solid team. There's no lateral quickness there at all. It just ends up looking negative and slow.

Honestly Fabinho should be the first name on the teamsheet in terms of midfielders. He's the only true ball winner in the bunch, and he has the bravery to push the transition into the attack. Where Henderson sits back and plays the ball backwards/laterally, Fabinho plays aggressively on the front foot and pushes the tempo occasionally.

Just really, really sad to see this midfield once again. Can't wait until it's no longer an option for Klopp.

Hardly a surprise.  :wave

« Last Edit: January 6, 2020, 03:56:19 am by deFacto »

Online kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4113 on: January 6, 2020, 03:59:02 am »
I’m guessing there were like 20 Adam Lallana supporters with posts already typed, ready to post as soon as the match ended. His followers are weirdly devoted. I’d urge you devote yourself to the crest first..

Imagine supporting a Liverpool player being a negative. :lmao

Even that weirdly devoted German fraud had these antics ready for full-time:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldKick/status/1213897121268719616
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4114 on: January 6, 2020, 04:14:19 am »
Hid goal at Old Trafford and performance today (and V Wolves the other week) vital for our season.

Unfortunate that he's missed so much football under Klopp because when he's fit he's a vital player for him.

Like Milner I hope we can work something out with him to stay on another couple of years.

Don't forget the Flamengo game. He turned the tide completely after coming on

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4115 on: January 6, 2020, 04:24:48 am »

Hahahah fuck me you're a miserable and embarrassing poster.

Seems you only make posts to shit on our players. In your last ten posts you've had some hilariously shit takes on Henderson, Lovren, Lallana and Klopp's ability to pick a midfield. You've also said that Henderson doesn't look like a leader, that Lallana isn't athletic, that people don't spot when Lovren makes a mistake and that Gini is a slow thinker and needs to be sold. I mean christ, that's some highlight real - some of it is beyond parody!

And then you have the confidence to say "I swear 99% of supporters have no idea what's going on unless they're told to look for it."  ;D

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #4116 on: January 6, 2020, 04:26:50 am »
He's been pretty handy this season, and obviously with all the injuries we've had, it's worked out very well to continue to have him on the books. He very rarely does poorly when he plays in midfield and was great today.

My only question around him is whether he block the path of an Elliott, a Wilson or a Jones into the team. I think all three of those would like more football next season, and while it's handy to have a quality old head like Adam, those games could equally be used to integrate the next generation of players.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4117 on: January 6, 2020, 04:32:46 am »
He's been pretty handy this season, and obviously with all the injuries we've had, it's worked out very well to continue to have him on the books. He very rarely does poorly when he plays in midfield and was great today.

My only question around him is whether he block the path of an Elliott, a Wilson or a Jones into the team. I think all three of those would like more football next season, and while it's handy to have a quality old head like Adam, those games could equally be used to integrate the next generation of players.

My take on that would be that Elliot and Wilson would only ever play in a front three (and Wilson will probably leave permanently during the summer unless we opt to go british and profit on Shaqiri), where we don't play Lallana any more. And that Jones has complemented Lallana when playing midfield in the cups this season and if he were to stay could do the same next season (when we'll not have Kane or Chirivella in the squads either. And as much as I want him to develop, I don't want Jones to be one of our top three options on the bench to come on at Old Trafford or in the World Club Cup final next season.

Having said all that, my guess is he wants first team football next season anyway and goes to Bournemouth.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #4118 on: January 6, 2020, 04:44:12 am »
My take on that would be that Elliot and Wilson would only ever play in a front three (and Wilson will probably leave permanently during the summer unless we opt to go british and profit on Shaqiri), where we don't play Lallana any more. And that Jones has complemented Lallana when playing midfield in the cups this season and if he were to stay could do the same next season (when we'll not have Kane or Chirivella in the squads either. And as much as I want him to develop, I don't want Jones to be one of our top three options on the bench to come on at Old Trafford or in the World Club Cup final next season.

Having said all that, my guess is he wants first team football next season anyway and goes to Bournemouth.

I mean, I don't think Lallana would be in the top 3 options to come off the bench now, even if we don't get anyone between now and the start of next season?

I would have thought the first five off the bench (assuming current first choice selection of Fab, Hendo, Gini/Ox/Keita, Salah, Firmino, Mané) if we wanted a goal would be:

1. Minamino
2. Ox/Keita/Gini
3. Ox/Keita/Gini
4. Ox/Keita/Gini
5. Origi

And then there'd be Shaqiri, Milner etc.

So I wouldn't have thought Lallana would get off the bench unless there's an injury crisis (entirely possible), and in that scenario surely you'd want to give the kids a run? Remember next season in particular we will be keeping half an eye on transitioning to the future squad.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4119 on: January 6, 2020, 04:50:28 am »
I mean, I don't think Lallana would be in the top 3 options to come off the bench now, even if we don't get anyone between now and the start of next season?
But he did come off the bench in those two games though? And significantly changed the game.

Merely saying in similar circumstances next year Klopp would still probably not give those two important stints to Jones or Elliott, but to another more senior squad member.