Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 663358 times)

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #4640 on: September 16, 2021, 12:44:34 am »
Thought he did well tonight, great flick through to set mo up too.

Amazing how fucking fickle a lot of our so called supporters are.

Surprised at the effin and blinding he got from some sections of fans here at half time - he's such an easy target for some it seems. I thought he did well, was linking up well with players and all that.

Just too easy a target for some folk. Will never understand the abuse he receives - the man is an absolute legend.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #4641 on: September 16, 2021, 12:46:39 am »
He still has something to contribute at this football club. I'm absolutely sure of that.

Good to see him get minutes tonight in the biggest competition, with many thinking he'd been reduced down to cup minutes. I felt the same and didn't even see him making the bench. Wouldn't be surprised to see him pick up a few more European minutes even when Bobby is back.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4642 on: September 16, 2021, 12:47:46 am »
Instead of Origi, put Firmino, instead of them two put Minamino..... People just target certain players if things aren't going well. Doesn't matter how they actually play.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4643 on: September 16, 2021, 02:38:19 am »
He’s a legend is Divock.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #4644 on: September 16, 2021, 04:19:05 am »
He never trusts his own runs. I noticed he would start running and then decelerate only to resume sprinting. Those stuttered runs confuses Salah whether to give the ball to him or not.

Yeah I noticed this as well, if he keeps making the run he’ll get picked out for a chance.

Thought he was decent for the first runout in what seemed like ages, very tidy assist for Mo. I think he’ll have a part to play this season, even if it’s just to make sure the main four get a spell every now and then.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #4645 on: September 16, 2021, 07:52:14 am »
I thought he was good last night. There was one run in the first half where he got the ball in midfield, turned and ran up the right wing took 2 players and a foul (not given) to stop him. I wish he would do more of that and really give Klopp a headache on who to play. He's got the raw tools but he sometimes forgets that he can physically bully other players and retreats into his shell. I really hope he can "restart" his career here with us, he seems like a genuinely nice guy and his contributions to this club should always be respected.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #4646 on: September 16, 2021, 07:55:46 am »
Thought he did well. Needs  a bit more aggression when closing defender down though, seems to slow down about a few meters away.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4647 on: September 16, 2021, 08:46:57 am »
Think he did well.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4648 on: September 16, 2021, 08:51:08 am »
Did very well last night.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4649 on: September 16, 2021, 08:56:11 am »
Did much better than i thought he would

Nice to see Klopp play him down the middle

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4650 on: September 16, 2021, 09:19:26 am »

He was actually bullying their defenders in the first half. Faded a bit, but lovely invention for Mo`s goal.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4651 on: September 16, 2021, 09:20:34 am »
Hope we see him in plenty more of the group games, Europe's his playground it seems.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4652 on: September 16, 2021, 09:23:47 am »
Thought he was poor to be honest. Zero goal threat and just about every attack petered out if he got involved.

And 99 times out of 100 a keeper is out to pick up that ball over the top. Amazing how he stayed virtually rooted to his line.

I don't know about 99 out of 100 but if that was Alison he is defo getting that ball.

In any case, happy for him to get some game time. Hope he keeps himself fit, gets amongst the goals and leaves with his confidence sky high.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4653 on: September 16, 2021, 09:26:48 am »
Did much better than i thought he would

Nice to see Klopp play him down the middle

Same, was really surprised to see him start. He had a great chance early in the game but I'd say if he was playing regularly he might have hit the target at least, his assist for Mo was just brilliant awareness and skill

Hopefully can improve from here as we are going to need him

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4654 on: September 16, 2021, 09:45:10 am »
One thing I would say about last night - whether you're at the 'he wasn't that great' or the 'he did pretty well' end of the spectrum I think it's hard to argue that he isn't a first choice starter for a ton of teams in the premier league. Mad that we didn't get a good offer, give Sheff U payed £20 odd million for brewster.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4655 on: September 16, 2021, 09:46:12 am »
One thing I would say about last night - whether you're at the 'he wasn't that great' or the 'he did pretty well' end of the spectrum I think it's hard to argue that he isn't a first choice starter for a ton of teams in the premier league. Mad that we didn't get a good offer, give Sheff U payed £20 odd million for brewster.

If he carries on playing like that when given the chance he will soon have clubs after him

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #4656 on: September 16, 2021, 09:47:10 am »
Decent game by divock last night playing/being played in his preferred position as a CF!!  8)
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4657 on: September 16, 2021, 09:48:12 am »
Few more performances like that, few more goals and might get himself a new contract.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4658 on: September 16, 2021, 09:58:22 am »
Few more performances like that, few more goals and might get himself a new contract.
Agreed, just not with us.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4659 on: September 16, 2021, 10:11:10 am »
I don’t know if it’s confidence or what but you just feel that he is holding himself back. There was an incident in the first half,  we were pressing up the right. He half held back from tackling the defender. When he did push on he dispossessed him and then whipped in a cross which was intercepted. If he had gone full throttle on the tackle and gone at the defender he would have opened the attack up quicker and we would have had a better opportunity. He got the ball but the slight delay maybe allowed the defender in the middle to close the space. It’s all about the speed of the decision and that’s maybe due to him not playing. It’s frustrating as there is a real player in there

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4660 on: September 16, 2021, 10:28:28 am »

They see me trollin'

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4661 on: September 16, 2021, 10:30:05 am »
I don’t know if it’s confidence or what but you just feel that he is holding himself back.

I've always felt a bit like that about him. He seems to have it all really but limits himself, whether through confidence or what I don't know. The period before Mori injured him in the early Jurgen days he was as good as any striker around really.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4662 on: September 16, 2021, 10:31:22 am »
Agreed, just not with us.

Never know. No-one was expecting Phillips to get a new contract in the summer.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #4663 on: September 16, 2021, 10:33:16 am »
felt like he was more of a bulldozer yesterday, more direct, more running at the defenders, showing a bit more strength than what we've been accustomed too, probably helped him that he played through the centre
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4664 on: September 16, 2021, 10:48:33 am »
Great yesterday, just didn't fuck around whenever he got the ball. Made his mind up quickly and went for it.

The spirit of indecision has left him... and found a new home in Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4665 on: September 16, 2021, 10:54:37 am »
Depending on where you get your sources his contract either expires end of the season or 2024. Only 26 as well. Lots of football for him to play in a team where he can be a focal point.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4666 on: September 16, 2021, 01:34:16 pm »
Always going to have a soft spot for Divock

Great assist last night
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4667 on: September 16, 2021, 01:37:53 pm »
Surprised at the effin and blinding he got from some sections of fans here at half time - he's such an easy target for some it seems. I thought he did well, was linking up well with players and all that.

Just too easy a target for some folk. Will never understand the abuse he receives - the man is an absolute legend.

You would think he was the one who missed the penalty to hear some talk. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4668 on: September 16, 2021, 02:02:31 pm »
Watched it back and he was even better than i thought. I've been saying for some time that people are underestimating how good he is and the only real problem is he doesn't really fit our system perfectly, especially only getting minimal minutes as a winger. I was going to go on half time and comment on how great he was doing until we shipped those two goals, so i thought ah crap its gonna be a cesspool, but when i logged on i was still shocked to see people slating him and blaming him for our being behind (wtf?) and throwing xstats around to prove he'd been wank.

Twice he set Mo up right on the penalty spot first time mo misread his intention and zigged when he should have zagged and second time a sweet thiago would be proud disguised cutback -a defender juuust got a toe on it in the nick of time. Apparently this is not good play just bad passing. Maybe even poor giveaways the shite bastard.   and he ran his ass off on both sides of the ball to great effect. That assist was top drawer as well.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4669 on: September 16, 2021, 03:19:02 pm »
Obviously the lad was training hard. He's our lucky charm, worth keeping him around.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #4670 on: September 16, 2021, 03:37:47 pm »
You would think he was the one who missed the penalty to hear some talk. ;D

Yep! Quite a few round me in the Kop just kept saying he's no Bobby, his time here is done, how much longer until Mane comes on for him, would rather Minamino was playing instead.......  When he came off I said well played Divock and the old fella next to me said Really.......??  ;D

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4671 on: September 16, 2021, 04:13:18 pm »
Great yesterday, just didn't fuck around whenever he got the ball. Made his mind up quickly and went for it.

The spirit of indecision has left him... and found a new home in Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

can't blame him to be honest. bought as centre mid. then played wide.

and now being shoehorned into a role that is so specialized that bobby is the player good enough to play.

loved origi in the centre. hope to see more of him there. he might just be the extra forward that everyone is pining for during the transfer window.

only better as he knows the tactics and players inside out. there might just be a role and some fight for him yet.

and as long as he is ours, think he will give 100% for the cause and should receive nothing less from our fans as well.

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #4672 on: September 16, 2021, 06:30:14 pm »
can't blame him to be honest. bought as centre mid. then played wide.

and now being shoehorned into a role that is so specialized that bobby is the player good enough to play.

loved origi in the centre. hope to see more of him there. he might just be the extra forward that everyone is pining for during the transfer window.

only better as he knows the tactics and players inside out. there might just be a role and some fight for him yet.

and as long as he is ours, think he will give 100% for the cause and should receive nothing less from our fans as well.

Love this post and especially that bit in bold. It couldn't possibly hurt to get behind him and who knows, he just might end up being "that extra forward that everyone [was] pining for during the transfer window."
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4673 on: September 16, 2021, 06:38:33 pm »
Played well last night - people will scapegoat him as they want Mbappe as fifth choice.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4674 on: September 16, 2021, 09:04:27 pm »
If we do play him, I think it's essential that it's through the center because he seems much more well suited to that role than the wings. Decent performance last night and if he can offer that in cup games and dead rubbers, that'll be important in itself. Not saying that he won't play important games like today but there's value in being available to refresh the starters.

It's also important to remember that Firmino and Minamino are also options. The interesting or perplexing thing is that all three, including Origi, are more suited for the central role than the wings. Perhaps Jota, Salah and Mane vie for the two wing spots and Firminio, Mina, Origi, and perhaps even Ox vie for the central spot?

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4675 on: September 17, 2021, 12:04:36 am »
Thought he did well. Needs  a bit more aggression when closing defender down though, seems to slow down about a few meters away.

Very much this, including the did well overall bit
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4676 on: September 19, 2021, 03:19:41 pm »
It was nice hearing the crowd chanting his name when he came on. That's why we have the best fans in the world.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #4677 on: September 19, 2021, 04:05:20 pm »
Hopefully he gets a few more starts soon as he needs a chance to show what he can do. He is brilliant at coming in from the left and firing a shot into the far corner of the goal. I’m sure he’s busting to prove that he has a part to play and I’m sure he will.
#JFT97

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4678 on: September 19, 2021, 04:13:02 pm »
It was quite obvious why he shouldn’t push for the move in the summer. We only had four established attackers and the rest were players like Ox, Minamino and Elliott and if you were Origi you should think neither of those are going to establish their place in the side. All he needed is one injury and he was back in the squad.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4679 on: September 19, 2021, 04:27:23 pm »
It was nice hearing the crowd chanting his name when he came on. That's why we have the best fans in the world.
Good to know. I thought they were pleading with him to leave in January ... like what some of us were doing here last month
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur