Author Topic: FT: LFC 4 - 0 Everton  (Read 55630 times)

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FT: LFC 4 - 0 Everton
« Reply #920 on: January 29, 2014, 02:58:40 pm »
Hate our players! their making me believe in unmentionable things!   i cant help it,  but 4th spot will do for now, awesome simple as...
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: January 29, 2014, 03:05:34 pm »
For the record, the pass to Suarez was never on. If anything he could have maybe pulled it back to Coutinho when he turned and had his back to goal.

He could have done better with it whatever way you look at it, but it really isn't a big deal. We were 4-0 up and the game was well and truly over.

The pass to Suarez was on, a fraction earlier before the defender came across, when Sturridge was just entering the area. The player was between Sturridge and Suarez, but there was space to play the angled ball ahead of Suarez, to reach him probably about 8 yards out or so. Regardless, forwards (amongst others) hesitate or make the wrong split-second decision at times. It's not a crime. To my mind, Sturridge was annoyed at the scale of Suarez's complaint, not simply that he complained.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: January 29, 2014, 03:06:10 pm »
Surely the pass is on? it would be a tap in for Suarez.
Don't tell me Sturridge doesn't know he is there stuff please...

I don't want to dwell on it too much mate because I think we should be delighted with all of our lads. But on watching the video a few times, I thought the pass wasn't on. I'll admit that picture makes it look like it was, but the video is more telling for me.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #923 on: January 29, 2014, 03:08:45 pm »
Liverpool making me happy.

Possession stats meant the square root of fuck all here.

We are becoming the deadliest counter attacking machine in the land and all the Gerrard nay-saying are too busy smiling from ear to ear.

BANG!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #924 on: January 29, 2014, 03:10:21 pm »
I don't want to dwell on it too much mate because I think we should be delighted with all of our lads. But on watching the video a few times, I thought the pass wasn't on. I'll admit that picture makes it look like it was, but the video is more telling for me.

yeah I guess its touch wood :D
we should all forget about it. we beat them 4 zip and rather celebrate then have debate on past unimportant things. Lets just enjoy ;)
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline danscib

• Main Stander
  • Igor in the changing room
« Reply #925 on: January 29, 2014, 03:14:57 pm »
Never really been a poster, but have read the opinions on here for many a year and always enjoy.

BUT. RAWK is like a speed dating fleshy love in when we win. Here let me hold your hand/cock. And then like the fall of Caesar when we lose. Here let me hold your hand/gut you in the back with a blunt wesley snipes. Why can't we just simply hold hands, all the time  :)

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: January 29, 2014, 03:17:52 pm »
Never really been a poster, but have read the opinions on here for many a year and always enjoy.

BUT. RAWK is like a speed dating fleshy love in when we win. Here let me hold your hand/cock. And then like the fall of Caesar when we lose. Here let me hold your hand/gut you in the back with a blunt wesley snipes. Why can't we just simply hold hands, all the time  :)
don't you know the world improve, advance, evolve after wars :D
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Owl

• Twit...just twit. No twoo.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #927 on: January 29, 2014, 03:23:58 pm »
Am I the only one who think this was Cissohkos best game for us?

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: January 29, 2014, 03:28:25 pm »
Defensively he did slightly better then any other game so far. but offensively our other players
covered him up :D
MICHELANGELO

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: January 29, 2014, 03:31:49 pm »
Personally thought that Sturridge had the shot available on his right foot (after his first touch), rather than anything else...whatever though.
I think he should have shot first time or passed it across goal to Suarez. His first time finishing has been so good not sure why he'd want to do that.

I think his first touch maybe took it a little bit central and away from his left peg and it just made him think a bit too much. All that said, he was fantastic for 50 minutes and in that time we were 4-0 up on Everton. That'll do me Sunday too.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #930 on: January 29, 2014, 03:46:16 pm »
What a game!   Could have been 6-0 if it wasn't for Sturridge's penalty miss for 5-0 AND failing to assist Suarez in an open goal for 6-0

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #931 on: January 29, 2014, 03:49:27 pm »
What a game!   Could have been 6-0 if it wasn't for Sturridge's penalty miss for 5-0 AND failing to assist Suarez in an open goal for 6-0
I think there's one angle that shows that assist wasn't quite as easy as it first seemed.

Offline TheDarkKnight

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers' Tricky Reds
« Reply #932 on: January 29, 2014, 03:57:21 pm »
What. A. F*cking. Night.

Absolutely made up with that. Woke up this morning in the best mood I've had all year.

Mesmerising play from the lads. Keeper and defence did their jobs, midfield was industrious and solid, attacking players were simply superb in tandem.

Knew after ten minutes it was going to be our night. We were first to every ball and I was impressed with our tactics, letting them come on to us in harmless areas before nicking it off them and breaking in style.

As far as team performances go, it was up there with any other vintage home performance of ours this season, and this time against a top nine side. That alone should give bags of confidence the players ahead of the other may tough home games remaining this season.

Mignolet 7 - didn't have to do much but what he did do he did well, especially the save from Jagielka. Distribution was good too. Still sticks to his line when perhaps there is no need, but that didn't matter yesterday.

Flanagan 8 - this lad has been a breath of fresh air. Had Pienaar in his pocket first half, didn't allow Baines to have an effect on the game. Right now he is our most reliable full-back by a distance.

Skrtel 8 - arguably his best performance of the season, certainly in a game. Was faultless. Showed real aggression and timing in the tackle was spot on. Was reminiscent of his consistently good 2011/12 displays.

Toure 7 - did well, what I like about him is he knows when to go short and when to just smash it upfield- doing the latter even resulted in an assist yesterday! Defensively it was hist best performance since his early days here.

Cissokho 6 - was good defensively bar the odd blemish. Still very wasteful on the ball and a bit braindead but he was solid enough.

Gerrard 9 - captain's performance. Bossed it in midfield, great defensively, some excellent passing and the opening goal. Star man.

Henderson 8 - a very selfless performance. Still needs to work on his finishing but every other part of his game was very good yesterday.

Coutinho 9 - God he was good. Back to his mercurial best. Vision, twinkle toes, agility, creativity, tenacity... superb performance.

Sterling 8 - like Sterling. Did everything well bar perhaps his end product which was lacking. Still won a pen and gave their defenders a torrid time with his blistering pace and intelligence.

Suarez 8 - another performance befitting of the world class talent he is. Not only were his usual majestic skills and genius touches on show, but his understated hold up play also deserves kudos. And what a goal to top it off.

Sturridge 9 - two fantastic finishes, particularly his second. Put in a real shift too. Always such a nuisance to opposition because of how direct he is. Shame about the missed pen, but I'll cut him some slack.

Moses 6 - didn't have enough of the ball to deal them damage.

Kelly 6 - more minutes on the pitch without pressure should help his recovery.

Alberto 7 - played two or three excellent passes when he came on. As I'm feeling generous, he can have a seven from me for that.

If you were to mark Rodgers for his work last night, top marks for the boss. Got his tactics on the money and I felt he used his subs well too.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic. They truly are forever in our shadow. If you fancy a few more giggles at them, go check out the OP on GOT in the match preview thread. According to that daft lad our Sturridge is a trumpet and Coutinho crap too. Wise words mate, wise words.

About to crack open another can in celebration.

Well played Reds!

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #933 on: January 29, 2014, 03:57:58 pm »
I think there's one angle that shows that assist wasn't quite as easy as it first seemed.

I'm just saying that it was a possibility.   Sturridge's chipping skills are pretty good for a pass.   Never mind, a win is a win.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: January 29, 2014, 04:00:58 pm »
Anything being done about the coin throwing at Suarez?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #935 on: January 29, 2014, 04:02:06 pm »
Anything being done about the coin throwing at Suarez?

http://int.soccerway.com/news/2014/January/29/merseyside-police-to-investigate-coin-throwing-reports/n260159/

"Merseyside Police can confirm it is investigating following reports of some coins and other small objects being thrown during the Liverpool v Everton football match last night (Tuesday, 28 January)," read the statement.

"The incidents took place during the first half of the game when a number of items are believed to have been thrown from the stands onto the playing area.

"Officers are requesting CCTV from the stadium and will review any footage as part of inquiries to establish the full circumstances surrounding the incidents."

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #937 on: January 29, 2014, 04:16:00 pm »
;D

To be fair to the bitter bastards, though fella. They have changed the league table to show are humiliation of them last night. They haven't been showing our wins for a while on their league table.
I'd noticed you pointing that out the other week. ;D

Fucking small time Crabs!.

Offline simsim

• Kopite
  • High tempo pass and move is the Liverpool groove
« Reply #938 on: January 29, 2014, 04:20:40 pm »

I have only just been made aware of this GOT forum they have. My god its amazing how inferior to them they see us. You would think Liverpool are in League Two if you only read that forum. I am laughing my ass off reading the pre-match forum / comments on there. Its unreal.

Link to forum? Never heard of it

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #939 on: January 29, 2014, 04:34:25 pm »
Fuck me that was a sweet morning in work ......2 out the 3 bitters I work with held their hands up and we're 'just glad it wasn't 7 or 8'  ;D ...while the other one had a titty lip ...'make the most of it, wont be happening again'...'wait till Arsenal twat yez' ...etc etc......I've had a dopey fuckin smile on me like Fred Scuttle all day  ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Mr Merlot

• Main Stander
« Reply #940 on: January 29, 2014, 04:36:59 pm »
No you are not. He was far steadier than he has been. I actually think he's been adapting to the game here for a few weeks. Although let's get Enrique back as soon as.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: January 29, 2014, 04:41:31 pm »
2 games I have been really confident about this season - Hull away and Villa home.
2 games I have been worried about this season - Spurs away and Everton home.

I know nothing about football and long may it continue. I just wish we had really put them to the sword, like 7 or 8 just to utterly demoralize them for a few games.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Weby72.

• Kopite
« Reply #942 on: January 29, 2014, 04:44:01 pm »
Tsk! I can't believe anyone ever doubted this result.

<<< glances side to side, looking sheepish >>>

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #943 on: January 29, 2014, 04:47:06 pm »
Watching the game again on LFC TV and I missed Mirallas' kick out at Kelly towards the end of the game last night.  He's a lucky boy, Allan McGregor got sent off for doing the same for Hull.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #944 on: January 29, 2014, 04:48:16 pm »
I'm just saying that it was a possibility.   Sturridge's chipping skills are pretty good for a pass.   Never mind, a win is a win.
Yeah, you're probably right. Hard pass but someone of Sturridge's ability could possibly pull it off.

Watching the game again on LFC TV and I missed Mirallas' kick out at Kelly towards the end of the game last night.  He's a lucky boy, Allan McGregor got sent off for doing the same for Hull.
If there's one thing I've learnt from the two derbies this season it's that Mirallas is an extremely dirty player. Him and Cabaye are the kinds of players that nobody recognises as dirty until they pull something against your team.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:50:20 pm by S »

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #945 on: January 29, 2014, 06:16:43 pm »
That defensive high line played straight into our hands, its almost like A V B made a surprise appearance as Goodison haha

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #946 on: January 29, 2014, 06:18:31 pm »
Yesssssssssssssss  :scarf

CBA adding anything else at this point...
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: January 29, 2014, 06:19:09 pm »
Usually when we dismantle teams like this we get their manager sacked.
Odds anyone?

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #948 on: January 29, 2014, 06:19:33 pm »
2 games I have been really confident about this season - Hull away and Villa home.
2 games I have been worried about this season - Spurs away and Everton home.

I know nothing about football and long may it continue. I just wish we had really put them to the sword, like 7 or 8 just to utterly demoralize them for a few games.

They've just got beat by 4 goals in humiliating fashion by their biggest rivals and their biggest challengers for the champions league, and also lost their top scorer for a month. I'd say that is pretty demoralizing to say the least.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: January 29, 2014, 06:57:57 pm »
Our attackers are quite selfish when the game is already won, but we've had no problems when the game is still in the balance. It's annoying, but nothing to worry about (unless you think Spurs are going to make up 26 goals on us and beat us to 4th place on goal difference).

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #950 on: January 29, 2014, 07:10:20 pm »
don't you know the world improve, advance, evolve after wars :D

Yeah the Treaty of Versailles proved that
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Online goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #951 on: January 29, 2014, 07:13:54 pm »

If there's one thing I've learnt from the two derbies this season it's that Mirallas is an extremely dirty player. Him and Cabaye are the kinds of players that nobody recognises as dirty until they pull something against your team.

Mirallas is a c*nt but he's a good player. I've been impressed with the way he has upped his game this season. He was head and shoulders above his team mates last night.

Twelveth best player on the field I thought.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #952 on: January 29, 2014, 07:15:26 pm »
Quality performance,loved it
YNWA

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #953 on: January 29, 2014, 07:23:34 pm »
Well I thought I posted last night but it looks like I forgot to press post in my slightly tipsy condition!

Anyways - felt a bit dissapointed that we only had 4 after the pen miss and also the one-on-one but I guess we just being greedy. Can't believe I'm not 100% with a 4 Nil win against Everton HOOWOO  :wellin :scarf :wellin :scarf :wellin

I did think that Stevie should've taken the pen, but at 4-0 up it wasn't a big issue. Was surprised that Sturridge chose to blast it rather than place it (which is how he usually scores). Bit silly of him at the end, but also good that he came straight out and apologised which shows the spirit. Easily forgiven after those two fantastic strikes.

They just couldn't handle our fab 4 all night. Coutinho in the position I hope he would be, pulling the strings, and hopefully he will start putting in more of those fab throughballs. He pressed the opposition well too.

Sterling's pace can startle defences sometimes, yes he missed that chance in the 1st half but just to get into that position was hard enough.

Luis was just Luis, not as brilliant as usual, but still good enough to get an assist and take advantage of bad defending to score, again!

Minor negs - we let them have a bit too much of the ball for my liking, some of those half-chances could've made things a lot tigher. Luckily for us, they were very generous at the back.
Also, Hendo needs to improve his finishing if he wants to take his game to another level. That chance from the corner, coupled with the miss against Bournemouth shows there's still a bit of work to do, but otherwise he is doing a great job.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #954 on: January 29, 2014, 07:27:41 pm »
So, are they going to be banned forever football games?

Yes. They are being given Season Tickets at Goodison.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #955 on: January 29, 2014, 07:46:15 pm »
I have only just been made aware of this GOT forum they have. My god its amazing how inferior to them they see us. You would think Liverpool are in League Two if you only read that forum. I am laughing my ass off reading the pre-match forum / comments on there. Its unreal.
its their hatred towards our players at the games that kills me. Whenever we get a throw in or corner the hatred is virulent and loud. Mass therapy needed.

And all you lot arguing about the non pass from Sturridge. Two rastas fighting over a comb. Not needed.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: January 29, 2014, 08:51:05 pm »

;D Well done.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: January 29, 2014, 08:57:06 pm »
Did anyone else think the camera seemed to be shooting from higher up last night, or did I just imagine it.

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: January 29, 2014, 08:57:06 pm »

;)

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: January 29, 2014, 09:13:04 pm »
Please west ham. I wanna see Chelsea drop points