Author Topic: Gambling Site withdrawals  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Miracle@Istanbul

• Anny Roader
Gambling Site withdrawals
« on: January 24, 2008, 08:06:59 am »
I could use some advice please guys.

I joined a backgammon site and deposited US$50, the site is called BGroom and is based in Malta.

Anyway a few weeks later and my balance is over $150 and thought i would withdraw $100 and leave the balance in my account to play with. After a few days BGroom rang me and informed me i could only withdraw $50 as that was all i had deposited from my card and if i wished to withdraw more i would need to do it by wire transfer and provide them with a copy of my passport or driving licence and the relavant account details.

I have never made a withdrawal from a gambling site before and was not aware of such a rule preventing me from drawing more than i had deposited is this usual practice for such companies?

I also feel unsure about providing copies of documents to an off shore company should i be uneasy?

are such procedures employed just to prevent people from making withdrawals, i can see it could prevent someone else hacking my account and taking the cash but are there no other safeguards they could use?

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gambling Site withdrawals
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 08:45:46 am »
Can't speak for that specific site but it is common practise for the major gambling sites to ask for two peices of ID eg: Drivers License and a photo copy of the card details you made the initial deposit with before they will allow a withdrawal to a bank account.

I'm a little surprised they won't allow you to withdraw straight to the card because if the card company allow the withdrawal (some don't) you would think it would be easier for the site.

However, it's not a huge sum your withdrawing so if your not comfortable providing those details at the moment wait until you find someone who has withdrawn from that particular site who can give you advice.

Offline TOGH

• Give me a G, give me an R ....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Glittering Prizes And Endless Compromises
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:09:07 pm »
Most sites operate in a similar way (ie, you can only withdraw the amount you deposited back onto your card, then any profit you have made has to be withdrawn by a different method, eg cheque or bank transfer)
Meh

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2008, 10:37:25 pm »
ive just had to do this for roulette, deposited 300 off me credit card on wed, and now i've just withdrew 2k :D the winnings HAVE to go on the card that the initial deposit was made on, this prevents fraud etc. withdraw it to that card, and if like me its a credit card you usually have to wait 3-5 days for it to "credit" the account, contact your bank, and when the amount has cleared they should transfer it to the credit-card linked bank account (if that makes sense) that may take another 3-5 days and then you should be able to withdraw the amount :) hope this helps!

(the account was with ladbrokes)
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: March 2, 2008, 11:07:04 pm »
The company are asking you to provide everything they would need to steal the money in your account so I would be extremely wary if I were you.