Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603663 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #6600 on: June 16, 2019, 08:40:21 pm »
Stephen A Smith says CP3 wants out of Rockets and he will demand a trade possibly to Lakers or Clippers. Not surprising if it happens as it's not too much fun playing with James Harden but noone would want your washed up contract, ok maybe Lakers would.

Wouldn't touch his contract with a ten foot pole

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6601 on: June 16, 2019, 09:17:08 pm »
Another difference being DeRozan has likely peaked and plays in a style that doesn't transfer well long-term, whereas Tatum may not have peaked yet
and by all accounts Masai wasn’t keen on resigning derozan, at least for the type of money he’d want so in a weird way at worst they ‘lose’ one year without Kawhi/derozan

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6602 on: June 16, 2019, 09:17:30 pm »
Kemba is ball dominant and you don't want that when you have Lebron. Call me crazy but i would go for Brogdon, Rubio or Beverley and use the rest of money for a role player.
Kemba can play off the ball and also be the 2nd ball Handler. Kemba is a good catch shoot guy. Had a couple of season at like 45% on catch and shoot. Last season was like 34% but that way lower then last 3 seasons
https://stats.nba.com/player/202689/shots-dash/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&DateTo=4%2F8%2F2019
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 09:30:55 pm by RedG13 »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6603 on: June 16, 2019, 09:21:52 pm »
Stephen A Smith says CP3 wants out of Rockets and he will demand a trade possibly to Lakers or Clippers. Not surprising if it happens as it's not too much fun playing with James Harden but noone would want your washed up contract, ok maybe Lakers would.
think he was the backup plan for the lakers if they didn’t get a big FA/Davis, cannot see anyone taking that contract for at least another year (possibly Miami, or Washington if Houston takes John wall ;D), even if the clippers don’t get Kawhi or another big FA they’d be crazy to try to get him back. Think he’s stuck there for a little longer until he becomes a ‘Chris Paul’s expiring contract’

I'm not defending him by any means. Kawhi did help Toronto win the chip but a A LOT of things had to happen for that to take place, notably both Klay and KD being injured. Also what Toronto gave up for Kawhi was very minimal compared to what Boston would to get AD.
kawhi was also injured, plus Lowry had a hand injury too so Toronto were hardly at full strength

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6604 on: June 17, 2019, 06:02:05 am »
All this talk of shiny new big name signings, and Utah will probably end up signing some dopey white guy like one of the Zeller brothers. I hate the NBA. :(

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6605 on: June 17, 2019, 06:04:03 am »
All this talk of shiny new big name signings, and Utah will probably end up signing some dopey white guy like one of the Zeller brothers. I hate the NBA. :(
;D yet you will somehow still make the play-off's

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6606 on: June 17, 2019, 06:49:59 am »
kawhi was also injured, plus Lowry had a hand injury too so Toronto were hardly at full strength

But they weren't injured enough to miss any games, they played. Everyone is banged up at that stage of the season but you can't compare those injuries to torn ACL and achilles injuries. It's not something you can play through obviously.

Toronto didn't have any players missing,they also have the better depth. Klay playing not missing game 3, and KD able to play in the finals, and it's a sweep for Warriors.

Credit to Toronto they got the job done but they had things go their way just like Warriors had in their first title win when Kyrie and Love were injured in the finals.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6607 on: June 17, 2019, 11:34:44 am »
Warriors, the previous years, did they not face banged up teams in first round, finals etc? Genuine question cause I saw someone say cry me a river about GS fans complaining about injuries and how it was the biggest irony.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6608 on: June 17, 2019, 12:04:42 pm »
Another difference being DeRozan has likely peaked and plays in a style that doesn't transfer well long-term, whereas Tatum may not have peaked yet

May not have peaked yet?  The kid has only played 2 seasons in the league and is, what, 21?  He's nowhere near his peak. 

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6609 on: June 17, 2019, 12:30:59 pm »
Turns out Celtics refused to put Tatum in AD trade which broke it. Danny Ainge has  outsmarted himself, he has promised in winter time that he will make Tatum available and now this. He should've gone all for Kawhi, if he did, they were the champions.

To me he should be on the hot seat he way he handled his business last few years. Watch Tatum regress even more next year. Ainge can keep hoarding assets for a big move in 2030.

Yeah was silly. Boston seem to over-hype Tatum. He's a solid player, but I'd be surprised if he consistently hits 20ppg for the rest of his career, never be an all-star.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #6610 on: June 17, 2019, 01:33:52 pm »
I think I've watched the Ringer's NBA Desktop Chernobyl/Warriors sketch about 5 times now and it's just *chef's kisses emoji*

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BkSmobxIPSA&amp;t=90s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BkSmobxIPSA&amp;t=90s</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #6611 on: June 17, 2019, 03:15:57 pm »
Warriors, the previous years, did they not face banged up teams in first round, finals etc? Genuine question cause I saw someone say cry me a river about GS fans complaining about injuries and how it was the biggest irony.

They won a championship against the Cavs when they didnt have Love or Kyrie. For them to cry about injuries is something else.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #6612 on: June 17, 2019, 03:43:46 pm »
They won a championship against the Cavs when they didnt have Love or Kyrie. For them to cry about injuries is something else.

I've never seen a team reach 5 consecutive Finals, and not stake a claim as one of the greatest teams in history.
Mostly due to the fact they faced teams taht had their key players injured AND the fact that they dropped a 3-1 lead in an NBA finals AND the fact they faced elimination games down 3-2 several times during that run.
On the one hand, credit to them for overcoming those obstacles, but the question still is why do they keep ending up in that situation when they're almost always the favourite to advance that round.
Down 3-2 vs Houston, down 3-2 vs OKC.

Only other team I can recall that came back so many times (or was on the verge of being knocked out) that went on to win championships were the 94+95 Houston Rockets. Especially their title in 94, but they were the lower seed in everyone of those rounds.

As for the inuries: Here is a list of the teams they've faced with key players injured.

2015 First Round: Played New Orleans and they lost Jrue Holiday, their starting PG (who was fucking amazing and dominating against Lillard this year in the Playoffs)

2015 Second Round: Played Memphis without their star PG Mike Conley and All-NBA first team defender Tony Allen

2015 Conference Finals: Played Houston without their All-NBA defender PG Patrick Beverley

2015 Finals: They played Cleveland without 2 of its all-stars in Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love

2017 First Round: Played Portland without Nurkic, their starting Centre that turned their defence around completely after being traded their

2017 Second Round: Played Utah without George Hill, their starting PG

2017 Conference Finals: Played San Antonio without superstar Kawhi Leonard and starting PG Tony Parker.

2018 First Round: Played San Antonio without their superstar Kawhi Leonard again

2018 Second Round: Played New Orleans without their All-Star centre DeMarcus Cousins

2018 Conference Finals,  games 6 and 7 without Houston's All-Star PG Chris Paul.

Anyone trying to protray the Raptors as fortunate to win due to injuries is either eating sour grapes as Warrior supporter, or sour grapes as Spurs supporter. ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6613 on: June 17, 2019, 04:23:56 pm »
Anyone trying to protray the Raptors as fortunate to win due to injuries is either eating sour grapes as Warrior supporter, or sour grapes as Spurs supporter.

Considering I said in that same post that Warriors had a good luck of fortunate as well it's not exactly sour grapes. My point was more pertaining to about trading for a player who isn't going to resign with you. The argument was that you should do it seeing as Kawhi helped Toronto win a title, my point was that a lot had to go their way for that to happen. Which is why I pointed out why I did.

the fact they faced elimination games down 3-2 several times during that run.

Being down 3-2 shouldn't count against any championship side. But I agree with the rest of your post. However all injuries aren't equal either.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6614 on: June 17, 2019, 06:21:38 pm »
The Toronto parade is completely stalled out  too many people the buses cant move. Huge crowds on the streets.

4 hours in they've completed roughly 2 miles
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 06:31:38 pm by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6615 on: June 17, 2019, 06:35:40 pm »
The Toronto parade is completely stalled out  too many people the buses cant move. Huge crowds on the streets.

4 hours in they've completed roughly 2 miles
theres a pic on twitter of people driving downtown for some mad reason stuck

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6616 on: June 17, 2019, 08:13:21 pm »
Houston, we have a problem!

Rockets Have 'Hard Feelings Right Now Everywhere'

Between contract talks with Mike D'Antoni and the possibility of a major trade, the Houston Rockets are undergoing a tumultuous offseason.

"There's too much damn turmoil," a high-ranking Rockets official told ESPN's Tim MacMahon. "There's some hard feelings right now everywhere."

There have also been reports of tension between James Harden and Chris Paul.

"Chris wants to coach James," a source familiar with the stars' dynamic said. "James looks at him like, 'You can't even beat your man. Just shut up and watch me.'"

Paul pushed for more plays and sets in the Houston offense.

"It's always a little contentious when you have two alpha dogs," a team source told ESPN. "Ask the Golden State Warriors if they've ever had problems between their stars.

"There is contention there, but they know they're tied at the hip, and they want to win. They're smart. They won't let it affect the team. ... That is not the reason Golden State beat us."

Paul cherishes the opportunities he gets to play without Harden on the floor and would sometimes bark at D'Antoni to keep Harden on the bench while running the second unit. Harden would lobby or demand to check back into the game.

Harden typically tends to avoid conflict but snapped back at Paul during the Rockets' Game 6 elimination loss.

"Chris has a personality where he just doesn't let anything go," a team source said. "He just keeps pestering and pestering and pestering and pestering. Sometimes James has had enough -- and not just him. That's what makes [Paul] a winner and also what keeps him from being a big-time winner. He's got to temper that."

Daryl Morey is more concerned with results than relationships.

"I feel like we have one of the best duos in the league," Morey told ESPN. "They're both first-ballot Hall of Famers. Both years, we were very close to knocking off what I consider to be the best team in the league, and we feel great about them going forward."

TIM MACMAHON/ESPN

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6618 on: June 17, 2019, 10:37:41 pm »

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #6619 on: June 18, 2019, 01:47:26 am »
The shooting happened right behind where I was standing. We waited for six hours for the celebrations to begin only to flee in panic because of the selfish actions of a few individuals.

Thankfully none of the injuries were life threatening.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6620 on: June 18, 2019, 05:50:06 am »
Yeah was silly. Boston seem to over-hype Tatum. He's a solid player, but I'd be surprised if he consistently hits 20ppg for the rest of his career, never be an all-star.
Tatum can be a 20 PPG scorer but Im not sure he going to be above average at anything else. He can score, and is very good at that. His rebounding numbers and assists went up year 1 to 2 so we will see. 

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #6621 on: June 18, 2019, 10:20:41 am »
Sheesh.
Even when we finally get cap space, and take some risky moves to make our squad more favourable for 2 possible 3 star players, something always happens. Our go to marquee franchise changing potential signing got scrwed by his former team and is now injured for the year. He might as well sign on and stay for another year and look at the options available rather than jump on board the Knicks.

Shame we can't sign Klay and Durant.
Meh.

Don't take it too hard, I'm sure you can sign Tobias Harris and Boogie Cousins to max deals.
James Dolan can write a new blues tune about being wronged by the world and betrayed by those he loved (KD and Kyrie).
The magic of MSG will endure.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #6622 on: June 18, 2019, 03:41:04 pm »
Don't take it too hard, I'm sure you can sign Tobias Harris and Boogie Cousins to max deals.
James Dolan can write a new blues tune about being wronged by the world and betrayed by those he loved (KD and Kyrie).
The magic of MSG will endure.

I'll  admit, I smiled.
But I was crying on the inside.

There's still time for us to fix things, dammit. And there's always next year's offseason.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6623 on: June 19, 2019, 01:16:01 pm »
Talk of us targeting Rubio. Just fuck off will ye? Urgent need of players who can shoot the 3 and create their own shot and you're targeting Rubio? Really? So much for the available cap space and making uneven trades in our favour (Pritchard's words not mine).

Just disband the... franchise *cringe*. There is no reason to bother anymore.

PS: Also talk of giving up our 18th pick and Turner or Sabonis for the 4th pick. Right....
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6624 on: June 19, 2019, 03:26:26 pm »
Chris Paul made fun of James Harden and his man boobs so much at one point during practice, James Harden broke down in tears and left practice.

H A H A

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #6625 on: June 19, 2019, 05:02:40 pm »
Conley to the Jazz for Korver, Crowder, Grayson Allen, and the 23rd pick. Great deal for the Jazz. Mitchell and Conley will be a strong backcourt.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6626 on: June 19, 2019, 05:32:14 pm »
Conley is one of my favorite players, good move.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6627 on: June 19, 2019, 05:51:51 pm »
Conley to the Jazz for Korver, Crowder, Grayson Allen, and the 23rd pick. Great deal for the Jazz. Mitchell and Conley will be a strong backcourt.

Will be interesting to see how this effects the market for D'Angelo Russell as Utah were a likely suitor

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6628 on: June 19, 2019, 06:06:00 pm »
Will be interesting to see how this effects the market for D'Angelo Russell as Utah were a likely suitor

I could see him ending up with the Knicks. It appears they are going to miss out on Kyrie, so they definitely need a point guard and they have the cap space to do it.

Who else would realistically be after him? Boston or LAC maybe?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6629 on: June 19, 2019, 06:32:59 pm »
Chris Paul made fun of James Harden and his man boobs so much at one point during practice, James Harden broke down in tears and left practice.

H A H A
wheres that from?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #6630 on: June 19, 2019, 06:39:07 pm »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6631 on: June 19, 2019, 06:43:54 pm »
Horford declined his 30.1 million player option. Too much money to decline imo and a risky move. I suppose he is looking for a 4 year deal or he is just unhappy with the franchise.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6632 on: June 19, 2019, 07:17:01 pm »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6633 on: June 19, 2019, 07:17:21 pm »
I could see him ending up with the Knicks. It appears they are going to miss out on Kyrie, so they definitely need a point guard and they have the cap space to do it.

Who else would realistically be after him? Boston or LAC maybe?

Indiana

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6634 on: June 19, 2019, 08:29:37 pm »
Horford declined his 30.1 million player option. Too much money to decline imo and a risky move. I suppose he is looking for a 4 year deal or he is just unhappy with the franchise.
dallas, clips and lakers are apparently interested according to O’Connor , would be a very good move for Dallas, good for the clips if they get Kawhi and I have no idea how the lakers could afford him as I doubt he’d want to take such a massive paycut

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6635 on: June 19, 2019, 10:00:11 pm »
dallas, clips and lakers are apparently interested according to O’Connor , would be a very good move for Dallas, good for the clips if they get Kawhi and I have no idea how the lakers could afford him as I doubt he’d want to take such a massive paycut
They also don't need another forward. They should be worrying about adding another guard.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6636 on: June 19, 2019, 10:36:55 pm »
They also don't need another forward. They should be worrying about adding another guard.
luka was playing guard and Brunson looked decent last year, horford a good experienced head with the two young studs

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #6637 on: June 19, 2019, 10:56:49 pm »
luka was playing guard and Brunson looked decent last year, horford a good experienced head with the two young studs

Think he means the Lakers need shooting
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6638 on: June 19, 2019, 11:04:26 pm »
Think he means the Lakers need shooting
thats true but I doubt they’d get him for what he’d want, meanwhile Korver will probably get bought out by Memphis so there’s a shooter lebron knows and likes

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6639 on: June 20, 2019, 01:14:46 am »
Russell to Chicago would be a decent fit with team they have there right now.