Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603851 times)

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #6680 on: June 28, 2019, 04:40:05 pm »
This 3rd fiddle stuff is said a lot but I'm not sure it's true, he's the best player of the 3 now anyway and whenever he speaks he just says he wants to win. Staying where he just won or joining LeBron and AD seems better for that than Lou Williams and co but I might be wrong.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #6681 on: June 28, 2019, 11:12:18 pm »
i don't get the Mark Jackson hate here. I actually think him and Van Gundy are funny and good together; Mark is definitely much better than most of TNT's color analysts like cringey Reggie Miller. Also, Mark Jackson was a very good player, i believe he is 2nd or 3rd in all time assists and he was definitely a better coach than many coaches who keep getting jobs despite failure after failure.

Mark Jackson burns bridges. Rumours of conflicts during his time at Golden State wasn't just about his religious stance (though I think it doesn't feel right to hold team prayers before or after games, surely that excludes other non Christian players?), he's one of those passive aggressive, emotional, sorts of players, that matured to become passive aggressive, emotional, managers. On the one hand, if you're on his side he'll lift you up, but if you're not than it becomes a massive issue.
A big part of coaching is understanding how to relate and interact with the players, both those that are leading lights for your message and those on the fringes/doghouse, and also (especially) ownership. As I mentioned before, it's not a surprise that very few players have publicly pushed for Jackson as a coach for their team, even though he's arguably better than numerous other former players currently in the coaching establishment.

He is from L.A. and he played in San Diego in college, his closest family members live in L.A., he is known to rate Doc as a coach so it's not really that far probability.

But it's the Clippers. The difference between the Clippers and the Lakers is like the difference between the likes of Liverpool or United vs Leciester.
Winning a title in LA and being part of that proud tradition supercedes winning it with the Clippers. All else being equal, or close to equal, most players will pick the Lakers 99% of the time. However, if there is a significant difference in salary on offer, or possibly Leonard truly wants to be the "main guy" for any prospective team, than the Clippers might be a better pick. The thing about Lebron is, he is an absolute team first sort of player. It's rare to see a superstar at that level that you know without a doubt, he'll make sure his teammates on the floor benefit from his presence. He's like the modern day Magic, so rare in this era. I'm sure he'd be happy passing on the shooting load to any star(s) that join.

Anyway, I'm holding out hope that Leonard joins us at MSG. ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #6682 on: June 28, 2019, 11:17:51 pm »
Because Lakers is a circus at the time with all that Pelinka and Buss drama; they have a new coach, he may have red flags with potential chemistry issues as Lebron and AD will get a lot of his touches there compared to Clippers. Lakers don't have enough depth like Clippers does also Lakers don't even have any shooters in the team. He will be a clear all time great if he wins it with Clippers as he will be their only superstar but he is maybe concerned people will keep bringing up AD and Lebron when he has any success with Lakers. He doesn't seem to be the type who would like being 3rd fiddle with Lebron and AD imo.

Hard to tell with Leonard. He's a tough read.
On the one hand, he spend a considerable period of his career playing 4th then 3rd then 2nd fiddle to Duncan/Ginobli/Parker, until he eventually got the reigns. And by all accounts, he never seemed troubled by this. I think he cares about winning on a competitive level more than anything else in the game. If he plays with Lebron (a pass first high IQ player), and a high/low threat like AD, he'll probably end up with the ball in his hands more often than not. And imagine trying to cover a pick and roll involving 2 of those 3 players whilst knowing the 3rd is in the weakside. They're actually a very good fit offensively and defensively, and it shouldn't be difficult giving Lebron and Leonard minutes where they initiate the offense without the other on the court.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6683 on: June 28, 2019, 11:29:40 pm »
But it's the Clippers. The difference between the Clippers and the Lakers is like the difference between the likes of Liverpool or United vs Leciester.
Winning a title in LA and being part of that proud tradition supercedes winning it with the Clippers. All else being equal, or close to equal, most players will pick the Lakers 99% of the time. However, if there is a significant difference in salary on offer, or possibly Leonard truly wants to be the "main guy" for any prospective team, than the Clippers might be a better pick. The thing about Lebron is, he is an absolute team first sort of player. It's rare to see a superstar at that level that you know without a doubt, he'll make sure his teammates on the floor benefit from his presence. He's like the modern day Magic, so rare in this era. I'm sure he'd be happy passing on the shooting load to any star(s) that join.

Anyway, I'm holding out hope that Leonard joins us at MSG. ;D
thing with the clippers is they aren’t all that relevant in LA, in the staples they’re third in priority behind the lakers and the kings (a fucking hockey team in Los Angeles!) - I do think the likes of Stephen A want him there because of the lebron and AD v Kawhi and maybe jimmy butler and he loves spending time in LA, but those doc rivers comments before the finals made me think that the clippers haven’t quite got him locked down as much as the likes of woj are saying (and I doubt the insider stuff has come from Kawhis camp as that seems to be very tight, more likely from the likes of the clippers briefing the press quite obviously that he was going there, sending someone to his games, trying to buy the rights to his claw logo off Nike which would get them in serious shit had they done it, fully expect Simmons to have a conspiracy theory that the clippers have been told by the league they can’t sign Kawhi for excessive tampering which is why he is considering/is going to the lakers), gut is Kawhi resigns for a 1+1 or a 2+1 so he can get to the 10 years and maybe move on then (rumours his kid has a place at a school in niagara), would be hilarious if he resigns in Toronto and then moves to the lakers

Then again I’m wondering what it would take ballmer to move them to Seattle, theyd be more relevant to the league, better market for them being the main team in a major city and there would be a nice rivalry with Portland

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6684 on: June 29, 2019, 10:02:51 am »
Darren Collison retires to focus on his faith, bit mad as he’s only 31 but if he feels that’s his calling then fair enough

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6685 on: June 29, 2019, 08:18:55 pm »
Klay signs 5 yrs 191M deal with the Warriors. Well deserved and no brainer for each parties, i would hate to see Klay in another jersey.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6686 on: June 30, 2019, 08:32:20 pm »
Durant announcing his decision tonight.

Joining the Nets!!

DeAndre, Kyrie and Durant all singing.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 09:57:09 pm by DelTrotter »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6687 on: June 30, 2019, 10:00:27 pm »
Poor knicks fans, they must be like this right now

https://twitter.com/ringernba/status/1145440986425729024?s=21
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:21:33 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6688 on: June 30, 2019, 10:56:07 pm »
Durant announcing his decision tonight.

Joining the Nets!!

DeAndre, Kyrie and Durant all singing.

The Knicks :lmao

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6689 on: June 30, 2019, 11:05:55 pm »
Terry Rozier to Charlotte, laughable move.

JJ Reddick to New Orleans

Derrick Rose to Detroit

Mdidleton and B. Lopez resigned with Bucks

Kemba Walker to Boston

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #6690 on: June 30, 2019, 11:09:54 pm »
The Knicks are the Newcastle United of the NBA.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6691 on: June 30, 2019, 11:12:07 pm »
The Knicks are the Newcastle United of the NBA.

Everton

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6692 on: June 30, 2019, 11:13:46 pm »
Woj is tweeting every 5 seconds but no sign of the one everyone is waiting for yet!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6693 on: June 30, 2019, 11:32:43 pm »
Brogdon to Indiana, they've also given up some picks for him

Bogdanovic to Utah

Aminu to Orlando

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6694 on: June 30, 2019, 11:38:59 pm »
Rubio to the suns

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6695 on: June 30, 2019, 11:43:06 pm »
Utah look pretty good for next season

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6696 on: June 30, 2019, 11:59:34 pm »
Rodney Hood re-signs with the Blazers; Aminu off to the Magic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6697 on: July 1, 2019, 12:21:06 am »
Knicks being the Knicks didnt want to offer KD the max due to concerns over injury

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6698 on: July 1, 2019, 12:44:38 am »
Brogdon and lamb to the pacers is nice

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #6699 on: July 1, 2019, 12:57:15 am »
Damn, Knicks really going down that long winding Everton road to permanent second fiddle in their own city.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #6700 on: July 1, 2019, 01:09:49 am »
Good job the Knicks traded Porzingas or else they wouldn't have all that cap space to not offer KD the full max. Otherwise they'd look pretty dumb.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6701 on: July 1, 2019, 01:58:02 am »
Damn, Knicks really going down that long winding Everton road to permanent second fiddle in their own city.

It's really impressive in a way from Tommy Boy Dolan. MSG is an amazing stadium in mid town manhattan and yet he's made playing pretty much anywhere else more attractive.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #6702 on: July 1, 2019, 02:32:34 am »
Utah’s best offseason ever, on paper. Getting Conley and Bogdanovic addresses all of their scoring and creating off the dribble problems while not giving up much on defense. Sad to see Favors go but it’s the best for both parties that they part ways. Stupidly excited for this team.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6703 on: July 1, 2019, 02:37:16 am »
Good job the Knicks traded Porzingas or else they wouldn't have all that cap space to not offer KD the full max. Otherwise they'd look pretty dumb.
trade away the unicorn for cap space for julius randle...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6704 on: July 1, 2019, 02:40:19 am »
Buttler to Miami

Horford to Philla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6705 on: July 1, 2019, 02:47:06 am »
Dragic traded to Dallas to make room for Buttler.

Dragic,Porzingis,Doncic in Dallas aka Euro League 2.0

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6706 on: July 1, 2019, 02:51:13 am »
https://youtu.be/DfMWiaUkG2E

https://youtu.be/JShlxqm1O0E

The videos we have all been waiting for

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6707 on: July 1, 2019, 05:01:00 am »
Utah’s best offseason ever, on paper. Getting Conley and Bogdanovic addresses all of their scoring and creating off the dribble problems while not giving up much on defense. Sad to see Favors go but it’s the best for both parties that they part ways. Stupidly excited for this team.

I read that they signed Ed Davis, who helps cover the Favors backup-C minutes. #2 per-minute defensive rated player in the league behind Rudy, allegedly!

Feels weird as a Jazz fan to see the team so active in the off-season. I'm too out of touch with the game to know if they've done well, but there does seem to be a buzz about the place.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6708 on: July 1, 2019, 05:17:20 am »
Wtf are the Knicks doing? 45M a year for PF position for Gibson/Randle and Portis??

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6709 on: July 1, 2019, 05:18:05 am »
Dragic traded to Dallas to make room for Buttler.

Dragic,Porzingis,Doncic in Dallas aka Euro League 2.0
Then they said the deal is dead.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6710 on: July 1, 2019, 05:29:31 am »
D'angelo Russell to Warriors! He will be success in Kerr's small ball line up but i wonder what's the plan when klay is back. So many out of blue moves this off season like Jimmy Butler to Heat.

Also thanks for memories Iggy!

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6711 on: July 1, 2019, 07:23:16 am »
D'angelo Russell to Warriors! He will be success in Kerr's small ball line up but i wonder what's the plan when klay is back.
trade him for a frontcourt player/bench depth?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6712 on: July 1, 2019, 07:27:52 am »
Pat Beverley resigns with the clippers, looks like they’ve got enough space for one more max player but they should still be good if they have to split that money

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6713 on: July 1, 2019, 08:46:52 am »
trade him for a frontcourt player/bench depth?
Klay can play at the 3. curry/Dlo/klay could all play together i really dont see an issue there.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6714 on: July 1, 2019, 08:52:48 am »
Utah look pretty good for next season
Utah porbably still needs like another 3/4 type we willl see. however depends on where Kahwi goes but would have Den/Utah/GSW/LAL could see any coming out of the west. If Lakers get Kahwi they should be clear Fav then otherwise everybody should pretty close

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6715 on: July 1, 2019, 11:14:03 am »
Really good move by Golden State

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6716 on: July 1, 2019, 11:34:54 am »
How good is Brogdon, guys?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6717 on: July 1, 2019, 11:35:29 am »
How good is Brogdon, guys?

Good, just injury prone at times but you definitely got better.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6718 on: July 1, 2019, 12:19:51 pm »
Yeah, I read about his injuries. Just hope he is a guy that moves the needle.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6719 on: July 1, 2019, 12:19:55 pm »
Gutted Horford has left. Even at 33 still a great player to have in the locker room. Can't exactly wish him luck going to the Sixers though.