Author Topic: FT Liverpool 3 vs Arsenal 1 (Firmino 9', Mane 40', Welbeck 57', Gini 92')  (Read 75325 times)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
~I did not actually expect us to turn them over. I was well pleased that we did though. Going into the game I was not optimistic at all until my Arse supporting mate told me he had tickets to Anfield but wasn't feeling confident.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Because it was by far the worst performance of the season and a lot of supporters expected us to turn over Arsenal.

Even when we were winning well at the start of the season those pages usually only get to about 13 or 14 pages at best. The only exceptions tend to be against the bigger teams.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
~I did not actually expect us to turn them over. I was well pleased that we did though. Going into the game I was not optimistic at all until my Arse supporting mate told me he had tickets to Anfield but wasn't feeling confident.

That doesn't surprise me one fucking jot, given your general repetitive negativity.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Just watched the third goal again. Its not offside, isnt it?

Thought Koscielny's arse was playing him on myself.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Strange how a big win over Arsenal yesterday generates 13 pages of responses on here while that nightmare at Leicester drew 39 pages.

Bore off

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bore off
Why can't people just understand that fans vent more when they are pissed off? It's pretty obvious really.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Why can't people just understand that fans vent more when they are pissed off? It's pretty obvious really.

Because surely you should get more joy from effusing about performances like yesterday than being a moaning twat when things don't go to plan. There's a difference between moaning and critiquing.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Just came in to say congratulations. You guys were up for it and played brilliantly, we froze somewhat and less said about our tactics the better. First half, we couldn't breach your defence with your keeper coming out to deal with crosses really well and when we lost the ball, it felt like we would concede every time. You always had a wide option to switch too and stretch out defence, your runners constantly got beyond our midfield, our players didn't get rest to clear their lines properly

Second half, Sanchez came on and that changed things. Usually with Liverpool vs Arsenal, however well you guys play, your defence +midfield defensive side of things goes and shoots you guys in the foot. You guys initially struggled to adapt to Sanchez, maybe another day we take advantage of that but after that spell, your back 4 performed strongly. Rest of team could have done more to offer protection but in last ten minutes, you played it perfectly. Normally we would hit a team with wave after wave of unrelenting pressure, passing our way through, cross after cross and give your back 4 a real test. You never allowed that pressure to build, you got hold of the ball and when you lost it, the entire team seemed well drilled on how to prevent us building up anything, you closed down the game and waited for the moment to break.

Fair and balanced appraisal as usual.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Because surely you should get more joy from effusing about performances like yesterday than being a moaning twat when things don't go to plan. There's a difference between moaning and critiquing.

Think of it this way - you post something nice about a victory..others do the same. Where are the follow up posts and debates in a thread about a victory? That's the biggest difference, not the number of people who post but how many times they post.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

It's not as simple as that with some though. Yes of course when you lose there is more to talk about, that is not a problem in itself. Where the problem begins is when it effects their whole attitude to football as a whole. I mean on the Liverpool-Arsenal thread we had people coming in and saying oh I can't be arsed about this game at all, etc etc. When that is all you are reading it becomes a real irritation for other people.

Klopp is right in what he said yesterday about this team being in its development stage with him. that means there are going to be good games and there will also be bad ones. You don't mind people being down by a result, providing they don't over exaggerate the negativeness they feel into every other thread. It becomes tiresome and very difficult to feel motivated to post yourself.

In these early times it is about having a perspective, when we have a setback. Football has always been about good and bad moments, but at times it feels like some just wallow in negative feelings. Nothing wrong about having a moan or making a point, but just remember everything can change very quickly. If you can't enjoy the good moments when they happen, what's the point at all?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
ask yourself what we learned about the team from yesterday compared to what we learned about them from games like leicester, hull, bournemouth etc.

I was delighted with the win last night but until this squad of players can be trusted to perform on a consistent basis and get us winning things, eulogising every time we win a game is only going to make it even more frustrating when we inevitably slip up to lesser opposition down the line. It sounds negative yes but like many others ive come to the end of the line with this set of players. They showed again last night that they are capable of looking fantastic against the top sides, its hard to get that excited when you know those points will get dropped back in a few weeks time to some relegation fodder.

I loved seeing us play so well, beating arsenal is always a great thing and i hope they can prove me wrong, but there has been too many disappointments with this group of players to leave me feeling any other way.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I barely go in the post match threads anymore if we lose because I can't be fucking arsed with the  moaning twats. When we win I'm too busy being happy and shit to post much about the match. That's where I stand but a lot of people are different for the former and like to whinge whinge whinge but for the latter I think  most people are the same hence the shorter page numbers.

All I was saying is I'm surprised people are surprised by this and feel the need to do the standard post about it each time.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Thrilled with yesterdays result as we seem to have the Top 6 sides figured out as we rarely underachieve in these games. Arsenal played into our tactics by their selection / non selections and we took full advantage which is all you can ask. Tighter in the back, midfield especially Lallana turned up and played very well and our attack were as good as ever. Now how can we bottle this for the 'lesser' games? Hopefully Klopp can have a tray of tea cups close by to him just in case he needs a wee encouragement next week at HT.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
That doesn't surprise me one fucking jot, given your general repetitive negativity.

What's the problem if he's negative? Surely that's his prerogative

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Doesn't matter now but just been leaked that Sanchez had a "huge bust up" with teammates in a training session which is why he would left out.

Must be fun for Wenger having to listen to endless no marks blame him for his tactics when it was for non footballing reasons (though why you'd include him in the squad and bring him on is a different question??!)... anyway we caught a break with the timing!

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Now it makes sense. If he stormed out of training he deserved to be dropped.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
ask yourself what we learned about the team from yesterday compared to what we learned about them from games like leicester, hull, bournemouth etc.

I was delighted with the win last night but until this squad of players can be trusted to perform on a consistent basis and get us winning things, eulogising every time we win a game is only going to make it even more frustrating when we inevitably slip up to lesser opposition down the line. It sounds negative yes but like many others ive come to the end of the line with this set of players. They showed again last night that they are capable of looking fantastic against the top sides, its hard to get that excited when you know those points will get dropped back in a few weeks time to some relegation fodder.

I loved seeing us play so well, beating arsenal is always a great thing and i hope they can prove me wrong, but there has been too many disappointments with this group of players to leave me feeling any other way.

Yeah and some teams can put away the fodder and can't get a point off the big boys. If we were excellent at every thing we would be winning the league every year. You've come to the end of the line with this set of players? Ok if they win the league next year I suppose you'll excuse yourself from the celebrations? Once again I reiterate there is a difference between moaning and critiquing. I'm happy to engage in debate with people who are a bit less optimistic than myself, have no time for the fellas waiting by their keyboard with the knives out when we're 2-1 down in the 92nd minute of a game.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
Thought Koscielny's arse was playing him on myself.

Thought it was a fair goal in the moment, and in the reply its absolutely tiny margins of offside.  Was well taken, you lot could easily have had five or six.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
What's the problem if he's negative? Surely that's his prerogative

Jurgen does not like this

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
Great win against one of our closest rivals. Will be many unpredicted results and swings of momentum between now and end of season in the top four battle.

I am confident we will finish in the CL places. Hopefully get back to beating weaker sides at home next week and then get something at City to put us in good stead.

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
Jurgen does not like this

Haha he is one of a kind though!

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
excellent performance , looked sharp and zippy, the wet pitch was always going to work in our favour.
Mane, well we all know his quality, but his vision and positional sense is truly world class. He has that knack that great players have,
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Games like that show how utterly ridiculous it is that people are seriously questioning is Klopp is the 'man we thought he was'. I get people can criticise him and vent their frustration after games like Monday but any talk of him being under pressure sums up modern day football fan stupidity. Not seen players work their bollocks off for any manager as much as Klopp in a lot of games this season. They knew they'd let him down on Monday. He's got things to learn but when he gets his squad looking how he wants it we will be a force.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah and some teams can put away the fodder and can't get a point off the big boys. If we were excellent at every thing we would be winning the league every year. You've come to the end of the line with this set of players? Ok if they win the league next year I suppose you'll excuse yourself from the celebrations? Once again I reiterate there is a difference between moaning and critiquing. I'm happy to engage in debate with people who are a bit less optimistic than myself, have no time for the fellas waiting by their keyboard with the knives out when we're 2-1 down in the 92nd minute of a game.
  if we had the same squad of players for 2 or 3 years who consistently beat the lesser teams but couldnt get points off the top six and thus failed to win things then i would be saying the same thing; changes need to be made. The aim surely has to be to become excellent, not just accepting that we cant be good at everything. We have a world class manager and world class resources. We hear a lot about daring to believe yet expectations is a dirty word.

I have come to the end of the line with this set of players, yes, your "if we win the league next season" line is imo redundant because if we persist with this squad without considerable investment then we wont be anywhere near the title. And im not just saying that out of being a miserable bastard, it is based on realism and all the evidence they have given us; this is a group of players who lost 2 cup finals last season (one in an embarrassing capitulation, the other we just didnt turn up and only scored 1 out of 4 pens), bottled a trip to wembley against villa in the semis of the fa cup, got dumped out of 2 cups at home in a week in january, spent christmas going from title challengers to to being outside of the top four, gave our greatest ever player a 1-6 hiding in his big send off, cost a manager his job...and so on. Klopp has managed to get multiple big performances out of them but they have never ever displayed signs of being winners as they go missing when we need them most. I hate to sound so utterly miserable, but this team has had a long time together under 2 very good managers and consistently have let them and us down. Theyve never won anything together, most of them have never won anything in their careers and any time we have come close they have blown it.

Of course i'll celebrate if we win the league with these players. I will absolute lose my head and itd be the best time of my life, having never been so fortunate to see us lift that trophy before. I even got myself carried away in the first half of the season believing that with klopps influence he might just be able to drag us to it. But hes trying to achieve something special with the 5th or 6th best squad in the league. Its time to give him something a bit more than that to play with.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 10:53:50 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Games like that show how utterly ridiculous it is that people are seriously questioning is Klopp is the 'man we thought he was'. I get people can criticise him and vent their frustration after games like Monday but any talk of him being under pressure sums up modern day football fan stupidity. Not seen players work their bollocks off for any manager as much as Klopp in a lot of games this season. They knew they'd let him down on Monday. He's got things to learn but when he gets his squad looking how he wants it we will be a force.

That's the thing. The players did let him down badly on Monday and by extension us too. Players like Lallana and firmino had great games and are being lauded in their threads. They were among the worst players on the pitch on Monday. Lallana rightly got hooked. I suspect Klopp tore the bollocks off the players in private. My theory on this squad is that there's too many players who are un droppable. The only player in this squad who deserves that status is Mane. Improvements and genuine squad dept are essential.  Because the abject performances are going to happen as well as the outstanding.  Sorry to piss on the optimism here :).
And you're right, anyone questioning Klopp at this point is an idiot. He was and is the best we can do. He'll know what needs to be done.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  if we had the same squad of players for 2 or 3 years who consistently beat the lesser teams but couldnt get points off the top six and thus failed to win things then i would be saying the same thing; changes need to be made. The aim surely has to be to become excellent, not just accepting that we cant be good at everything. We have a world class manager and world class resources. We hear a lot about daring to believe yet expectations is a dirty word.

I have come to the end of the line with this set of players, yes, your "if we win the league next season" line is imo redundant because if we persist with this squad without considerable investment then we wont be anywhere near the title. And im not just saying that out of being a miserable bastard, it is based on realism and all the evidence they have given us; this is a group of players who lost 2 cup finals last season (one in an embarrassing capitulation, the other we just didnt turn up and only scored 1 out of 4 pens), bottled a trip to wembley against villa in the semis of the fa cup, got dumped out of 2 cups at home in a week in january, spent christmas going from title challengers to to being outside of the top four, gave our greatest ever player a 1-6 hiding in his big send off, cost a manager his job...and so on. Klopp has managed to get multiple big performances out of them but they have never ever displayed signs of being winners as they go missing when we need them most. I hate to sound so utterly miserable, but this team has had a long time together under 2 very good managers and consistently have let them and us down. Theyve never won anything together, most of them have never won anything in their careers and any time we have come close they have blown it.

Of course i'll celebrate if we win the league with these players. I will absolute lose my head and itd be the best time of my life, having never been so fortunate to see us lift that trophy before. I even got myself carried away in the first half of the season believing that with klopps influence he might just be able to drag us to it. But hes trying to achieve something special with the 5th or 6th best squad in the league. Its time to give him something a bit more than that to play with.

It doesn't matter if you think my point is redundant, the question still stands; Will you be done with these players if they win the league next year? Give them a bit of time with Klopp please. I think you'll find yourself enjoying it a bit more. We all want us to be excellent, it just doesn't happen over night and we aren't going to have a completely different squad next year so you better get used to these players.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Watch the third goal again. Gini was just beside Lallana when he passed to Origi (who was onside). Gini kept running whilst most of the central and right sided Arsenal defence fell asleep or were appealing for offside. Gini just stormed through the middle and was well picked up by Origi.

It was a great goal and the desire by Gini to get into the box was brilliant.
#JFT97

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
Can we go back to predicting 15 points from our next five games yet or is it too early this time.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Seems to me we always start so fast in these games. The difference from how we started v Leicester was humongous.
Need to do that every game.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Fully expected us to win this to the point where I bet on us getting 3+ and Mane to score and I hardly ever bet on us!

But we all know the issue and crucially, so does Klopp. He needs to land all his targets in the summer if we are to push on. Otherwise we will have this string of inconsistent results. Saturday was very good, Monday was horrible. We have the likes of Palace, Boro, Bournemouth and Burnley to come at Anfield; we probably won't get 12/12 from those games. Anyways, let's just enjoy what happened at the weekend and look forward to the next one; as fans, that is all we can do.  :wave

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Watch the third goal again. Gini was just beside Lallana when he passed to Origi (who was onside). Gini kept running whilst most of the central and right sided Arsenal defence fell asleep or were appealing for offside. Gini just stormed through the middle and was well picked up by Origi.

It was a great goal and the desire by Gini to get into the box was brilliant.

My stream was about two minutes behind, and I've got a score updater thing on some app so when it came up 'Liverpool 3-1 Wijnaldum 90+2' I was like how the fuck is that gonna happen from here, he's in his own box? Surely not an own goal :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
Works a bit of a giggle with the mancs this morning, didn,t even have to mention 6th.... saying nowt, but do have that dialled down smirk across me face..... happy monday peeps !
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
Sorry but if man utd win europa is there 5 CL places?
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
I think so.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Red Spen

• Main Stander
Sorry but if man utd win europa is there 5 CL places?

Yes

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
Think of it this way - you post something nice about a victory..others do the same. Where are the follow up posts and debates in a thread about a victory? That's the biggest difference, not the number of people who post but how many times they post.

People will never get their heads around this

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Great win, hopefully we can regain some consistency, beat Burnley and then go from there. I imagine Lovren will come in for Klavan otherwise same team for Burnley. Nice to see Lallana back to form

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Yes boys get in. Can we play like this against Burnley please or is that too much to ask  :-*
Absolutely it is. The burnleys of the league require a different approach. Blood and thunder aint enough. Brains>brawn

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
A much-needed win and well deserved. We switched off for a second and let them back into the game but we could've easily wrapped up the game much earlier (Not sure how Matip managed to miss the ball with his head?).

The main bonus was much improved performances by the players who have struggled for a while like Can & Klavan. In some ways they are more important than our better players as it has been our weak points that have exposed more brutally in recent matches.

Obviously, the only real negative is that we can't celebrate this victory because we don't know whether the team is truly back or we will fall back again like we did last week. If we can get a win next week, the confidence and swagger will be back.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...