Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3466886 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #49960 on: July 4, 2019, 05:01:48 pm »

That's some self-flagellation right there... You should have thrown in Superman 3 the Quest for Peace to top it all off.

The Superman stuff is fine. Not sure we'll ever get another scene as perfect as Supes returning to take that plane out of the sky.

For some reason they seem intent on making Superman movies really long. Just tighten it up to.90ish minutes.

I liked the story Snyder was trying to tell (everyone would hate Superman if he appeared today, because it's absolutely true) and his journey across MOS and BVS is really well done. But it's all just so long.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #49961 on: July 4, 2019, 10:11:15 pm »
Saw the Nun

Meh
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49962 on: July 5, 2019, 12:26:30 am »
Loved Midsommar tonight. Proper spectacle, really nicely designed

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49963 on: July 5, 2019, 01:35:53 am »
The Superman stuff is fine. Not sure we'll ever get another scene as perfect as Supes returning to take that plane out of the sky.

For some reason they seem intent on making Superman movies really long. Just tighten it up to.90ish minutes.

I liked the story Snyder was trying to tell (everyone would hate Superman if he appeared today, because it's absolutely true) and his journey across MOS and BVS is really well done. But it's all just so long.

Nah man, these are garbage Snyder films under the Syncopy banner. They tried to get Snyder to do a Nolan's jon (Batman), and ended up with a 2-2 Moyes draw.

They're god awful and look like a beat-em up. The stories aren't much cop, but are a different spin on the whole alien thing.

It was a shit experiment that now only looks good in retrospect because it was probably the best it was going to be. Henry Cavill is a step up from Brandon Routh, but if they had any sense about them they'd have cast Ben Affleck as Superman and Henry Cavill as Batman. Now, I realise Affleck isn't really befitting of Superman, and it'd be a strange casting given he's essentially 'played' Superman before...

But given how bad it was, perhaps Affleck could've added some of the goofiness that Clarke Kent required, while Cavil may have given Bruce Wayne the pomp required. Before folk cast that off, I'm not necessarily saying Affleck would've made a much better Superman, but Cavill would have made a far better Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Quite frankly... it may not work... but Christopher Reeve's physical performance and posture as Superman is very understated. The quirky elements of Donner's Superman were tried in MOS, but the casting was way off and Kevin Spacey was laughably bad... quite literally. Brandon Routh looked like he was trying to impersonate Reeve, and Cavill is a little too wooden for me.

Which swings back around to Affleck. I dunno... he's a better actor than Cavill man and he's actually quite decent as a hero-like character when he isn't smirking his way through the scene. Either way, Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne (and I guess by extension, Batman) was just bad casting. With the upcoming talent, and jesus, why they are looking at Robert Twilight for Batman (and not the Joker, or Eddie Redmayne) and not John Hamm for Batman is beyond me. He's a bit old now is Hamm, but CGI and make-up do wonderful things - he's probably not 'fit' enough given his age and I assume he's a 20 a day man.

A bit younger, Jake Gyllenhaal would be interesting, but I can't see him being taken seriously with the eyes he produced in Velvet Buzzsaw - he'd make a good Riddler if anything. Michael Shannon would be interesting as I think he'd give it a proper ominous and dark spin... but he wouldn't get the teenagers through the door, if they used their brains, with Robert Twilight for Batman, Shannon would make a boss two-face.

But they need to just do one trilogy of good Batman films and not look to interweave it like DCU. Focus on Gotham, good actors and a good contained story that doesn't suck Bob Kane's ghostcock. Nolan has more or less set the standards, but I'm sure there'll be some shit angle in the Pattison Batman with a shit love story in there for the girls.

The problem with these films has been the casting. It's just been fucking poor. Heath Ledger and Christian Bale more or less were the only decent castings of late.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49964 on: July 5, 2019, 07:16:34 am »
Nah man, these are garbage Snyder films under the Syncopy banner. They tried to get Snyder to do a Nolan's jon (Batman), and ended up with a 2-2 Moyes draw.

They're god awful and look like a beat-em up. The stories aren't much cop, but are a different spin on the whole alien thing.

It was a shit experiment that now only looks good in retrospect because it was probably the best it was going to be. Henry Cavill is a step up from Brandon Routh, but if they had any sense about them they'd have cast Ben Affleck as Superman and Henry Cavill as Batman. Now, I realise Affleck isn't really befitting of Superman, and it'd be a strange casting given he's essentially 'played' Superman before...

But given how bad it was, perhaps Affleck could've added some of the goofiness that Clarke Kent required, while Cavil may have given Bruce Wayne the pomp required. Before folk cast that off, I'm not necessarily saying Affleck would've made a much better Superman, but Cavill would have made a far better Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Quite frankly... it may not work... but Christopher Reeve's physical performance and posture as Superman is very understated. The quirky elements of Donner's Superman were tried in MOS, but the casting was way off and Kevin Spacey was laughably bad... quite literally. Brandon Routh looked like he was trying to impersonate Reeve, and Cavill is a little too wooden for me.

Which swings back around to Affleck. I dunno... he's a better actor than Cavill man and he's actually quite decent as a hero-like character when he isn't smirking his way through the scene. Either way, Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne (and I guess by extension, Batman) was just bad casting. With the upcoming talent, and jesus, why they are looking at Robert Twilight for Batman (and not the Joker, or Eddie Redmayne) and not John Hamm for Batman is beyond me. He's a bit old now is Hamm, but CGI and make-up do wonderful things - he's probably not 'fit' enough given his age and I assume he's a 20 a day man.

A bit younger, Jake Gyllenhaal would be interesting, but I can't see him being taken seriously with the eyes he produced in Velvet Buzzsaw - he'd make a good Riddler if anything. Michael Shannon would be interesting as I think he'd give it a proper ominous and dark spin... but he wouldn't get the teenagers through the door, if they used their brains, with Robert Twilight for Batman, Shannon would make a boss two-face.

But they need to just do one trilogy of good Batman films and not look to interweave it like DCU. Focus on Gotham, good actors and a good contained story that doesn't suck Bob Kane's ghostcock. Nolan has more or less set the standards, but I'm sure there'll be some shit angle in the Pattison Batman with a shit love story in there for the girls.

The problem with these films has been the casting. It's just been fucking poor. Heath Ledger and Christian Bale more or less were the only decent castings of late.

Disagree on both counts.

Superman isn't really that complex a character. You need to be buff, handsome, and charming. I think Cavill is good enough at those three things, and he looks the part.

The Batman Affleck plays is supposed to be jaded and sick of the world. If there's an actor alive who looks more miserable and jaded than Ben Affleck, I have yet to see him. It also helps that he's massive, but that could have been covered with camera trickery like Bane.

The movies (BVS and JL) aren't really that bad, they just suffer from two key issues - BVS is too long and Justice League is too rushed (not necessarily short).

Superman's arc from MoS to Justice League is pretty solid and works as a modern take on Superman - he arrives, hides, accepts who he is, takes the spotlight, is rejected, dies and resurrects to restore hope to a shitty, miserable world (made flesh by Affleckman). MoS and BVS do their job, but Justice League reduces it to a Stone Cold Steve Austin run in to save the day. From what I've read, Snyder's plan for it all was way larger, longer and more grandiose but probably would have been messier and unfocused and everyone would have hated it.

Aside from Superman's story, BVS doesn't really work because there's too much other stuff. It's too long by half an hour or so, they drag out the kryptonite acquisition and Doomsday makes sense as part of Superman's story (he kills Superman for the resurrection bit) but doesn't make sense in the context of the movie (by the way here's a random asshole to kill, enjoy!). As an aside, Batman taking out the warehouse goons is about as perfect a Batman scene as you'll ever see.

Justice League rushes everything and feels very much like two movies stitched together. Superman shows up, is mad, isn't mad, saves the day. That's all there is. And it's actually really satisfying to see God-tier Superman rather than "fights his equal in every movie/comic" Superman, but he's in the movie for about 8 minutes.

So in terms of "I wanted to see some good Superman shit", I got the plane scene from Returns (and the minigun dude too), and then the DCEU movies were just a coolish Superman story until the end. As for the future - it sounds like The Batman will be full of villains and focused on the World's Greatest Detective side of Batman, which is different if nothing else. No clue if Pattinson will be good or not, I'm tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt. By the time MoS 2 happens it will have been longer than the gap between Superman Returns and Man of Steel, so who the fuck knows if it'll even happen.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49965 on: July 5, 2019, 01:07:18 pm »
Don't forgot the absolute shitshow of a perfomance by Jesse Eisenberg. Fucking woeful.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49966 on: July 5, 2019, 11:16:31 pm »
Disagree on both counts.

Superman isn't really that complex a character. You need to be buff, handsome, and charming. I think Cavill is good enough at those three things, and he looks the part.

The Batman Affleck plays is supposed to be jaded and sick of the world. If there's an actor alive who looks more miserable and jaded than Ben Affleck, I have yet to see him. It also helps that he's massive, but that could have been covered with camera trickery like Bane.

The movies (BVS and JL) aren't really that bad, they just suffer from two key issues - BVS is too long and Justice League is too rushed (not necessarily short).

Superman's arc from MoS to Justice League is pretty solid and works as a modern take on Superman - he arrives, hides, accepts who he is, takes the spotlight, is rejected, dies and resurrects to restore hope to a shitty, miserable world (made flesh by Affleckman). MoS and BVS do their job, but Justice League reduces it to a Stone Cold Steve Austin run in to save the day. From what I've read, Snyder's plan for it all was way larger, longer and more grandiose but probably would have been messier and unfocused and everyone would have hated it.

Aside from Superman's story, BVS doesn't really work because there's too much other stuff. It's too long by half an hour or so, they drag out the kryptonite acquisition and Doomsday makes sense as part of Superman's story (he kills Superman for the resurrection bit) but doesn't make sense in the context of the movie (by the way here's a random asshole to kill, enjoy!). As an aside, Batman taking out the warehouse goons is about as perfect a Batman scene as you'll ever see.

Justice League rushes everything and feels very much like two movies stitched together. Superman shows up, is mad, isn't mad, saves the day. That's all there is. And it's actually really satisfying to see God-tier Superman rather than "fights his equal in every movie/comic" Superman, but he's in the movie for about 8 minutes.

So in terms of "I wanted to see some good Superman shit", I got the plane scene from Returns (and the minigun dude too), and then the DCEU movies were just a coolish Superman story until the end. As for the future - it sounds like The Batman will be full of villains and focused on the World's Greatest Detective side of Batman, which is different if nothing else. No clue if Pattinson will be good or not, I'm tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt. By the time MoS 2 happens it will have been longer than the gap between Superman Returns and Man of Steel, so who the fuck knows if it'll even happen.

Well I didn't expect you to agree lad. But right on, good shout. I stilll think you're giving it too much credit, but I will be the first to admit that I'm just an '80s fanboy and my default position on this will be always to compare it to Donner's films.

It's the only way in my head that I can syphon what 'I like' and what 'I don't like'. I usually move on from there and look at the characters.

Okay, I get what you mean about the plot, it is a nigh-on rundown plot. I can get past a bad story, but a bad story and bad dialogue kills a film usually for me. And I have to say, the dialogue in every Superman has been quite crap.

If we're fair with ourselves, we'll admit we are looking at it from two totally different perspectives and I'm a bit of a nipple. In two months, I'll be singing it's praise and am sure I've swayed here and there.

I think that there are a few other factors from my perspective that I should be open about:

1. I dislike Zak Snyder and think he's a hack.
2. I don't think Henry Cavill is as good an actor as he's made out.
3. I happen to think that Ben Affleck is underrated as an actor - yet, he didn't do Wayne very well for me.

Again.... arseholes and opines. I've been more than wrong on occasion, and might be here, but I enjoyed the old George Reeves episodes. I think I just miss the wires.
Continually on 11,420.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49967 on: July 5, 2019, 11:31:49 pm »
The world has moved on from Superman. I don’t see how they could make a good film about the character going forward. He’s too bland for this day and age.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49968 on: July 6, 2019, 01:11:10 am »
Well I didn't expect you to agree lad. But right on, good shout. I stilll think you're giving it too much credit, but I will be the first to admit that I'm just an '80s fanboy and my default position on this will be always to compare it to Donner's films.

It's the only way in my head that I can syphon what 'I like' and what 'I don't like'. I usually move on from there and look at the characters.

Okay, I get what you mean about the plot, it is a nigh-on rundown plot. I can get past a bad story, but a bad story and bad dialogue kills a film usually for me. And I have to say, the dialogue in every Superman has been quite crap.

If we're fair with ourselves, we'll admit we are looking at it from two totally different perspectives and I'm a bit of a nipple. In two months, I'll be singing it's praise and am sure I've swayed here and there.

I think that there are a few other factors from my perspective that I should be open about:

1. I dislike Zak Snyder and think he's a hack.
2. I don't think Henry Cavill is as good an actor as he's made out.
3. I happen to think that Ben Affleck is underrated as an actor - yet, he didn't do Wayne very well for me.

Again.... arseholes and opines. I've been more than wrong on occasion, and might be here, but I enjoyed the old George Reeves episodes. I think I just miss the wires.

Haha always happy to chat about movies, and I will of course admit to giving these movies way too much leeway.

My thought on Snyder is that he's visually fantastic. He gets a lot of stick for lifting frames from comics, and I think he's gone to the well too many times with that particular trick, but his movies are all visually enticing and he has an eye for a shot. Unfortunately that's all he has to offer at this point. I would keep him around the DCEU and just have him work alongside directors. His fingerprints are all over Wonder Woman, but it's a better movie with Patty Jenkins doing the heavy lifting.

And yes, the dialogue in both movies is bad.

The world has moved on from Superman. I don’t see how they could make a good film about the character going forward. He’s too bland for this day and age.

They could, but the best story has been ruined. He's still got a lot of mileage left in him. Need to go full on "hope" for the next one though, the "real world rejects Superman" bit is done, unfortunately.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #49969 on: July 6, 2019, 03:29:42 pm »
Anyone seen Midsommar yet?  i watched it last night and for those who dont know its a horror minus the jump scares and all that bollocks but je-sus! its graphic, extremely violent, extremely gory and pretty horrifying in parts..its got cult classic written all over it and its still burning my head out now...
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #49970 on: July 6, 2019, 05:45:10 pm »
The new Spider-Man film is really rather good.

You wait twenty years for a good Spider-Man film then two come along at once...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49971 on: July 6, 2019, 05:46:25 pm »
The new Spider-Man film is really rather good.

You wait twenty years for a good Spider-Man film then two come along at once...

Three.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49972 on: July 7, 2019, 11:31:19 pm »
Went to see Knife + Heart tonight. Didn't know anything about it going in, just that it was a bit intense. Not your average sunday night film ;D

Had a really cool 70s (and french) vibe, and a soundtrack by M83 that I loved. Glad to have seen it at the cinema, it's pretty unique!

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49973 on: July 8, 2019, 08:41:47 pm »
Interstellar still didn't work for me. It just drags on forever at the end.

Vampire's Kiss was the best bad movie ever, Nic is just off the hook in this. Might be the most Nic Cage Nic Cage has ever Nic Caged.

Godfather 1+2 are still just incredible. I've been watching a lot of movies recently thanks to some down time at work, and a lot have been really good movies. Well reviewed, consensus good movies. But you see these movies and it reminds you where the bar is. I loved Casino, loved Jurassic Park etc but there's good movies and then there's the Godfather movies.

Shame Pacino couldn't be frozen at that age. As much as I have enjoyed his entire career, nobody has ever been as scarily intense without saying a word as Pacino was back then. Age really took away the understated part of his acting, and his face.got wilder and more open, but holy shit was he frightening here.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49974 on: July 9, 2019, 09:20:51 am »
Watched Toy Story 4, was initially worried but thought it was brilliant.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #49975 on: July 9, 2019, 01:17:12 pm »
15 years old today

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ipsPgNEmAXI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ipsPgNEmAXI</a>

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #49976 on: July 9, 2019, 01:43:49 pm »
Watched Neon Demon the other night.

Crap.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #49977 on: July 9, 2019, 01:51:39 pm »
New Robocop

- Pointless remake (like Total Recall) - that misses the point of the original and makes absolutely everything worse and more pointless.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49978 on: July 9, 2019, 02:04:49 pm »

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49979 on: July 9, 2019, 06:22:10 pm »
Worst part about Robocop flopping is they’re now rebooting it again.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49980 on: July 9, 2019, 06:35:51 pm »
Worst part about Robocop flopping is they’re now rebooting it again.

Robocop flopped at the cinema?

Best flop ever

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #49981 on: July 9, 2019, 09:45:11 pm »
Apollo 11

It's breathtaking - see it in the cinema if you can.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49982 on: July 9, 2019, 09:52:41 pm »

Clarence Boddicker,one of the best bad guy characters of all time and Kurtwood Smith really owned every scene he was in.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49983 on: July 10, 2019, 12:40:03 am »
Great flick fellas - I haven't seen it mentioned, but Framing John Delorian is really good. It's interesting to see Alec Baldwin play him alongside archival footage and it is a breath of fresh air if I'm honest.

I think that Vice with Bale could have done with a bit of this and it is one of those films that acting/filming students or wannabes will get something out of. It really is a great little film and is mixed-genre, so it feels a bit fresh.

Seriously, a great film. And I know I keep harping on about ideas I've had in my life, but I always thought a film in this format would be brilliant.

c*nts...
Continually on 11,420.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #49984 on: July 10, 2019, 08:37:55 am »
Rip Rip Torn

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49985 on: July 11, 2019, 12:34:25 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZRUZzZPGto

Right - does anyone else get trypophobia-like sensations at that or is it just me?

(It isn't trypophobic patterns, honest... it's a really, really, really good piece of video editing)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:27:37 am by Skidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #49986 on: July 11, 2019, 12:58:36 am »
Against my better instincts I saw The Circle with the wife last night. Fark, it was some bullshit.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49987 on: July 11, 2019, 10:49:22 am »

That is 100% true. The fact that he is literally Superman makes him less human. I find it hard to like most super hero films due to this exact reason even the good ones. But at least with superheros like Deadpool, Ironman or Batman they have tropes that work. Still not great 3 dimensional characters but at least they have something else going for them other than their superpowers.

To fix Superman they need to re-invent the character or show another side to him. Firstly they need to cast Steve Buscemi as the new Superman. There just too many white, hunky looking Superheros out there with little to no personality. Get Steve in there he is a cool guy that the common man can relate to. Then they need to showcase more emotional depth. Perhaps the story could revolve around Superman recovering from a crippling opioid addiction that has had him lose the will to be a superhero in his old age. Focus on the personal story rather than the lore and superhero nonsense for bulk of the movie. Have him overcome his troubles and then add some action scenes where he beat up the baddies.

Get a good director to direct this film that as ability to convey humans emotions through movies. Get some one like Danny Boyle.

You are welcome DC. 

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #49988 on: July 11, 2019, 12:06:20 pm »
Rip Rip Torn
If you can dodge a spanner you can dodge a ball
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #49989 on: July 11, 2019, 01:57:50 pm »
I watched Shazzam and was surprised, I actually quite enjoyed it. Not normally a fan of those kids marvel Avengers shite but Shazzam was quite funny in parts.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49990 on: July 11, 2019, 02:05:57 pm »
I watched Shazzam and was surprised, I actually quite enjoyed it. Not normally a fan of those kids marvel Avengers shite but Shazzam was quite funny in parts.

Did you like Sindbad as the Genie?

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #49991 on: July 11, 2019, 02:14:37 pm »

I think you're getting mixed up with Shazaam.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49992 on: July 11, 2019, 02:20:15 pm »

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49993 on: July 11, 2019, 02:22:35 pm »
Watched the Hellboy reboot earlier.

Apart from some very dodgy CGI and shite dialogue, I enjoyed it. The action scenes were great, the monster designs were fantastic and Harbour played him well I thought.

Shame there won’t be a sequel to it.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49994 on: July 11, 2019, 06:07:14 pm »

https://mashable.com/2016/12/23/sinbad-shazam-kazam-shaq/?europe=true

:D

That was shit though.

Bernard and the Genie on the other hand was absolutely brilliant.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49995 on: July 13, 2019, 01:50:20 am »
Watched the Hellboy reboot earlier.

Apart from some very dodgy CGI and shite dialogue, I enjoyed it. The action scenes were great, the monster designs were fantastic and Harbour played him well I thought.

Shame there won’t be a sequel to it.

Talking about Hellboy reminded me of a bizarre appearance by Ron Perlman and Kiefer Sutherland in one of my local Chinese restaurants in Chester (in a suburb called Hoole) the other month. Kiefer was there the night before too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49996 on: July 13, 2019, 03:56:20 pm »
Not a big fan of horrors/thrillers any more but Don't Breathe was nice for a change. Edge of my seat at times and a decent concept. Had its blatant flaws but oh well, it was a good watch.

Caught 'Don't Breath (2016)' on FILM4 last night.  Ages since I've watched a horror in the dark and really enjoyed it.  Pretty good effort from the director Fede Álvarez, who by all accounts wanted to make amends for criticisms received for his earlier movie 'Evil Dead (2013)'

Yeah there were blatant flaws and glaring plot holes but it was a nice edge of your seat, claustrophobic thriller that looked good.  It was one of the better home invasion genre movies I've seen.  Got quite good reviews all round too scoring highly on RT and IMDb.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #49997 on: July 13, 2019, 05:45:10 pm »
Talking about Hellboy reminded me of a bizarre appearance by Ron Perlman and Kiefer Sutherland in one of my local Chinese restaurants in Chester (in a suburb called Hoole) the other month. Kiefer was there the night before too.
WTF! I used to live in Hoole! What were they doing there (besides eating dinner)? Was it the Shanghai?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #49998 on: July 13, 2019, 06:54:56 pm »
WTF! I used to live in Hoole! What were they doing there (besides eating dinner)? Was it the Shanghai?

Looking for you.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49999 on: July 13, 2019, 10:17:28 pm »
Toy Story 4 was amazing, no idea how these guys keep doing it

Hey Claus, fuck off.