Author Topic: Southampton  (Read 68062 times)

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
Southampton
« on: May 30, 2012, 05:29:26 pm »

ST MARY'S

[/center]Southampton -St Mary's Stadium
Website - www.saintsfc.co.uk
Unofficial Sites:
The Ugly Inside
Saints Web

Squad Profile & Fixtures

Address:  Britannia Rd, Southampton, SO14 5FP
Telephone:  0845 688 9448
Fax:  0845 688 9445
Ticket Office Enquiries:  0800 280 050
Capacity: 32,689
Away end:  3,200 (4,750 Cup games)

DIRECTIONS & PARKING
For a street map of the area & the ground click here

By Road
There is extremely limited car parking in the close proximity of the Stadium particularly for Away Supporters.Parking on a match by match basis, costs £6.50 or £4.50.
There are a number of City Council and NCP Car Parks in and around the City, 20 to 30 minutes walk from the Stadium. Depending on what time you arrive and where you park, be prepared to pay in the region of £5 for 4 hours up to £12 if in excess of 6 hours.
The area around the Stadium and City Centre can become almost gridlocked particularly after matches. Factors that can affect this include the size of the attendance, time of year (i.e. Christmas Shopping) and even whether a cruise liner has arrived or is departing the Docks that day.
With this in mind, it may pay to consider Car Parks a little away from the Centre, such as the Central Rail Station or even parking at Southampton Airport Parkway Rail Station and get the train in. Alternatively, there are Park and Ride Schemes available to both Home and Visiting Supporters operating two hours prior to kick-off.
Away Supporters can make use of the Away Park and Ride, which is signposted from junction 8 of the M27. Details are advised of the facility on their match ticket and must pay £3 on arrival. It is a 25 minute bus ride to the Stadium.

By Rail
Southampton Central Station is on the London to Weymouth main line and networks with other regions. The Stadium is approximately one and a quarter miles from Southampton Central Station, which should take up to 30 minutes to walk. If you want to go straight to the ground there is a free Shuttle Bus service on presentation of your match ticket or appropriate Season Ticket travel voucher, operating from Blechynden Terrace (About 150 yards turning right from the Platform 1 exit).
The route by foot is signposted by the City Council to an extent.
On exiting Platform 1 entrance, turn right into Blechynden Terrace and walk up the pedestrianised Kingsbridge Lane (behind NCP Car Park and BBC South Broadcasting Centre). There are also Bank Cash Machines outside of this entrance.
On exiting Platform 4 entrance, turn left and walk up Western Esplanade.
Both routes will take you into Civic Centre Road.
Walking with the Civic Centre on your left-hand side, you will reach a crossroads, which bisects Above Bar Street (the main shopping area will be to your right). Continue straight ahead into New Road walking with Parks either side of you. Stay on this road across the next junction past the Solent University Buildings on your left-hand side. You will reach a complex road junction known locally as Six Dials. There are underpasses adjacent to the Premier Travel Inn, which will take you under Kingsway St. Marys into Northam Road. Follow this road for quarter of a mile until you reach the ground on your right.

Thoughts:
The stadium has four stands, named after the areas of Southampton they back onto. The main (east) stand is the Itchen Stand (after the River Itchen). Opposite is the Kingsland Stand with the Chapel Stand behind the south goal and the Northam Stand at the other end. Designed as an enclosed bowl on a single level deck with 37 rows of seats, all spectators are under cover with unrestricted sightlines. There is a large screen attached to the roof behind each goal.

Away fans are located in the Northam Stand at one end of the stadium, where normally up to 3,200 fans can sit. For cup games this allocation can be increased to 4,750. The view of the playing action and the facilities within this stand are excellent. Leg room is good, although the width of the seating seemed to be a bit narrower than other grounds. The sizeable concourse behind the stand features a Ladbrokes, has TV's which show the game as it is played and a number of eating and drinking outlets. There are plenty of staff and the queues never seemed to get particularly long. There is also a 'Pie & Pint' outlet, that as the name suggests, only serves beer and pies.

Pub Guide and extras
Alcohol is served within the ground. There are plenty of pubs and bars to choose from in the vicinity of the Stadium. In the City Centre (Above Bar Street and High Street), there are the usual Yates, Hogshead and Weatherspoon outlets, as well as a Walkabout, which normally attract a mixture of home and away fans.
You will also find a selection of bars, restaurants and food outlets (Burger King and KFC), which should cater for most peoples tastes. There is the odd establishment, which is either football free or does not allow sportswear. It should be noted that a lot of the bars in the City Centre which would normally welcome accompanied children in dedicated areas do not do so on match days.
To the north of the City Centre, London Road, Bedford Place and their side streets contain a range of Pubs, Bars and restaurants reflecting to a degree the demands of the local student population. There is also a Weatherspoons (The Giddy Bridge) in London Road, which is popular on match days. Allow at least 20 minutes to walk from this area.
To the south of the Stadium and City Centre are Ocean Village and Town Quay. Both of these areas contain a selection of bars and restaurants to suit a range of tastes and budgets.
Close to the Stadium in Northam Road (walk away from the Stadium up Britannia Road past the Gas Tanks and turn left), you will find the King Alfred, which has an upstairs area for away fans (home fans downstairs). Walking in the other direction down Britannia Road past the Stadium and into Albert Road North, you will find the Chapel Arms. A predominantly home supporters pub, away fans are welcomed if arriving early.
Real ale connoisseurs, need look no further than the Bevois Valley area, where you will find the Bevois Castle, which serves a fantastic full breakfast. Off of Bevois Valley, in Earls Road, you will find the Guide Dog, which is arguably the best Real Ale Pub in Southampton. A small single room pub serving seven real ales, as well as breakfast baps and rolls - get there early on match days as it will fill up. Both are friendly pubs who welcome away fans.
If travelling by train, you may want to consider alighting at St Denys Station, visit the South Western Arms (next to the station) and then the Guide Dog, which is a 15 minutes walk away. The Stadium is then a further 15 minutes or so on from there.

Away Fans:

Adult -
Over 65s -
U16s -
Wheelchair & PA -

9 upper tier wheelchair / enabler places
14 lower tier wheelchair / enabler places
6 seats for the ambulant disabled
14 seats for the visually impaired

All disabled supporters enter via ground level. Upper levels are accessible by lift. Specific disabled area stewards are on hand to assist with accessibility.

Five parking spaces are provided to disabled visiting supporters, which are available to the away club to allocate.

Disabled car parking enquiries - Tel: 0238 071 1966

Stadium Plan
« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 01:56:11 am by Frank. »
87:13

Offline Desi Kopite

• Anny Roader
  • Twitter: @pritsinghlfc
Re: Southampton
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:09:07 pm »
Where will people be drinking pre-game for this one?

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 09:41:52 pm »
Where will people be drinking pre-game for this one?

As above,getting down early to get in a pub,few beers and watch City beat Everton before getting in to see the reds.
Are people drinking in town or near the ground ?
YNWA

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 11:05:47 pm »
Think there's a good street a couple mins walk from the station with a load of pubs (a wetherspoons/yates etc...) along it. Not many by the ground I don't think.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 09:43:14 am »
Think there's a good street a couple mins walk from the station with a load of pubs (a wetherspoons/yates etc...) along it. Not many by the ground I don't think.
Thats the main high street and there are quite a few pubs there.

The Yates' is normally full of away fans but is a bit of a shit pub like most Yates'!

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 09:45:21 am »
Thats the main high street and there are quite a few pubs there.

The Yates' is normally full of away fans but is a bit of a shit pub like most Yates'!

Yates it is then  ;D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 06:37:56 pm »
Yates it is then  ;D

Yates have the Everton-City game on?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 06:56:46 pm »
Yates have the Everton-City game on?
I imagine so yeah!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 10:34:06 pm »
I imagine so yeah!

Looks like it is - and the rugby should be on at 5pm. See you there lads.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 10:14:45 am »
Looks like it is - and the rugby should be on at 5pm. See you there lads.

Whats this you speak of

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 10:57:47 am »
Whats this you speak of

It's when you take a beating and england take the Glam slam :p

Have your tickets turned up today ste?
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 11:43:00 am »
Whats this you speak of
Hang your head in shame Stevie - calling yourself Welsh and coming out with a statement like that!

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 11:46:15 am »
Hang your head in shame Stevie - calling yourself Welsh and coming out with a statement like that!

I am not WELSH!!!!!!!! and i was going to be you a pint saturday!!!!!

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 11:50:01 am »
It's when you take a beating and england take the Glam slam :p

Have your tickets turned up today ste?

Na didnt turn up yesterday should be here today me thinks

for the record i hate rugby but hope we smash the welsh as i hate them apart from my welsh family of course  ;D

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:59:42 am by stevienash »

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 11:26:05 pm »

How far is the yates from the ground... walking distance like or?

Offline gaz17

• Main Stander
  • Red all over the Land
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 07:20:14 am »

How far is the yates from the ground... walking distance like or?

10 mins max

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 10:06:28 am »

Oh sound will walk down to there when we get down then cheers

Offline Desi Kopite

• Anny Roader
  • Twitter: @pritsinghlfc
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 10:09:59 am »
Cheers for the info lads, Yates sounds the best bet then!

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 11:35:10 am »
SaintsfcCop (@SaintsfcCop) tweeted at 10:27am - 15 Mar 13:

#LFC fans please use Yates PH, Slug and Lettuce, or Frog and Parrot, or turnstiles open at 13.30 for food and drink #SFCvLFC13 (https://twitter.com/SaintsfcCop/status/312510402019880961)

Offline the_cote_kid

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 01:27:45 pm »
Will recommend The Alexandra as a good boozer. Get plenty of home fans in there but it's normally a good atmosphere and not much of a walk to ground.

http://thealexpub.co.uk/

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 05:30:10 pm »
Will recommend The Alexandra as a good boozer. Get plenty of home fans in there but it's normally a good atmosphere and not much of a walk to ground.

http://thealexpub.co.uk/
Wouldnt of thought it was a good place for away fans on match day

Last season was; Yates, Slug n Lettuce and the Frog and Parrot

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 05:47:08 pm »
I read on Southampton's website that they no longer operate the Park & Ride scheme, I used it for last seasons match. Anyone have any recommendations please as to where to park the car in Southampton?

Offline the_cote_kid

• Main Stander
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 10:51:07 am »
Wouldnt of thought it was a good place for away fans on match day

Last season was; Yates, Slug n Lettuce and the Frog and Parrot

Well i wasn't suggesting everyone rock up for a sing-song!  Just that from my time spent down there it was definitely my favourite 'proper' pub.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 01:01:52 pm »
Well i wasn't suggesting everyone rock up for a sing-song!  Just that from my time spent down there it was definitely my favourite 'proper' pub.
Yeah you're right - its a decent boozer for an ale

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 07:53:58 am »
I read on Southampton's website that they no longer operate the Park & Ride scheme, I used it for last seasons match. Anyone have any recommendations please as to where to park the car in Southampton?

Interested to know this as well. Not sure my 8yr old will manage the walk back to the station after the game.

Offline red dean

• Main Stander
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 01:16:13 am »
How long are we looking on taking to get back by coach does anyone know?
FUCK THE S** JUSTICE 4 THE 96 !!!

"If your going to lose, you might aswell lose to a team with the quality of Liverpool" Alan Smith

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 03:28:52 pm »
Gonna have a big gym type bag with me for this - I cant see any sign of lockers or 'leave your bag with us for the day' types places at the station - does anyone know whos been to st marys know if theres anywhere to store it in the ground? or in the station?

CHEERS

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 1, 2014, 10:36:01 pm »
The loud music in Yates's today was a bit crap, especially when they started playing bleeding Chelsea and England songs...

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #28 on: March 1, 2014, 11:36:40 pm »
Ah mate totally agree

Couldn't get any atmosphere going was doing my head in

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 01:19:42 pm »
Same pubs as last year for this one?

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 01:23:37 pm »
Same pubs as last year for this one?

Yates last season was decent, we'll be heading back there

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 02:09:38 pm »
Yates last season was decent, we'll be heading back there
See you in there mate. Hopefully you don't get kicked out like you did at Palace on Saturday  ;)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 03:00:36 pm »
Yeah we'll be in Yates on Sunday

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 07:09:18 pm »
What about parking?

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2015, 02:17:41 pm »
See you in there mate. Hopefully you don't get kicked out like you did at Palace on Saturday  ;)

Will do mate! Still pissed off about that!!!  :wanker

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 08:24:57 pm »

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 10:09:13 am »
People heading back to Yates today then fellas?!

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 11:27:36 am »
People heading back to Yates today then fellas?!
Yep will be leaving soon to get some lunch there

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 07:37:45 pm »
Went to Yates bar pre match and tried to get back in after the game , no away fans allowed , our money was ok pre match but not after , I won't use Yates bars again ,if they don't want us don't let us in before the game , ended up in a boozer along the road called the frog and parrot it was decent in there and cheaper , I think we should tell Yates where to stick their ale .next year back to the frog and parrot

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #39 on: March 4, 2015, 03:47:41 pm »
Went to Yates bar pre match and tried to get back in after the game , no away fans allowed , our money was ok pre match but not after , I won't use Yates bars again ,if they don't want us don't let us in before the game , ended up in a boozer along the road called the frog and parrot it was decent in there and cheaper , I think we should tell Yates where to stick their ale .next year back to the frog and parrot
Yeah agreed .. Yates can can go do one next season !!!
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’