Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179531 times)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: BT Sports attempt at the 'Netflix' of football
« Reply #1440 on: December 13, 2019, 04:57:42 am »
I just want football to be on one or, at most, 2 platforms where I can choose to watch any game I like. Like most of the rest of the world and its sports.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1441 on: December 13, 2019, 05:52:28 am »
I got a deal where I pay Rs. 299 per annum (£3 per annum) for all PL games and Bundesliga.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1442 on: December 13, 2019, 06:37:33 am »
Lmfao..

Match times vary from midnight to 4 in the morning in Australia more or less. I was there a few years ago and watch us v Arsenal at 2am.

This is not during "normal" hours in Britain.

So of course they charge less.

Yep as someone currently living in Australia our start times for games vary from 10:30pm for a Saturday lunch time kickoff to 6am for Champions Legaue or a Monday Night game. Plus the change in price is only a recent thing over here. Up until 2-3 seasons ago you would’ve had to subscribe to fox and pay close to what a sky package is.

Plus to top it off way more competition over here as football would only be the 4-5th most popular sport for viewers.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 06:41:26 am by Rosario »

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1443 on: December 13, 2019, 02:45:12 pm »
Amazon is not going to have the Premier League, League Cup, Fa Cup, Champions League ( Europa League as well), World Club Cup, European Championships, World Cup...etc.

No One broadcaster is going to buy the rights to every competition. That is a fantasy.

So you are back to multiple broadcasters who will show some matches on tv and then force you to buy their internet streaming package.

You'll end up with needing to buy 3-4-5 different streaming packages to see every Liverpool match. And they all won't be 7.99 per month.

One approach we will probably see is the PL partnering with Amazon or similar to have their own streaming platform, they could still sell off the tv rights alongside them, although obviously they'd stop increasing in value every renewal like they do now.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1444 on: December 13, 2019, 03:07:10 pm »
Amazon didn't want the premier league package, didn't think it was worth it for what is 2 batches of fixtures in December, the package didn't even reach reserve price at first auction, so premier league ended up begging Amazon to buy the package, when it went up to re-auction, SKY couldn't bid as they already had the most amount of packages they could have won, one broadcaster cannot win all the premier league packages 
#Sausages

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1445 on: December 14, 2019, 12:11:54 am »
£25/month for all their PL and CL games streamed online or on the mobile app.

A tad expensive I reckon.

What do you think? Would you subscribe?  Personally I hope Amazon bid for more rights.  Prime is excellent and only £7.99/month.

It’s only £15 a month via EE etc? I actually got it for cheaper as part of an 18 month deal for a few quid on Black Friday. I’m paying £42 for fibre, landline, Apple TV and BT sport (TV and mobile). £25 for streaming alone is ridiculous.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1446 on: December 14, 2019, 12:15:29 am »
I've had one game where the streams where too bad to watch reliably, which was the other night against Salzburg, in about three years. Why so many people pay a ton to Sky, BT or anyone else is beyond me.

Agreed. The stream quality means it makes sense to pay for decent fibre and then stream all the games. I only got BT sport because it worked out the same price (or a couple of quid more) as without because of a Black Friday deal. They’re obviously banking on me not wanting to end the sub after 18 months and paying full whack. I’ll just end it after 18 months.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1447 on: December 14, 2019, 09:23:22 am »
Agreed. The stream quality means it makes sense to pay for decent fibre and then stream all the games. I only got BT sport because it worked out the same price (or a couple of quid more) as without because of a Black Friday deal. They’re obviously banking on me not wanting to end the sub after 18 months and paying full whack. I’ll just end it after 18 months.

My missus upgraded our Virgin a few years ago to get kids stuff for our two - this included BT Sport. The kids never watch the telly she got for them, so i thought about binning it off, but I watch CL and Moto3/Moto2/MotoGP, she watches Europa League, we both watch PL games so just kept it.

We are on the 100meg broadband and the Amazon streams were almost perfect for us, think I had one 5 second buffer. Do find that some streams I watch on a weekend can be a pain, but eventually I can find a good one, I put her lot on the other Sunday and the stream was shit, but managed to find a decent one after a bit of searching about. To be able to just flick on Amazon, or preferably a new service such LFCTV Streaming, would be great.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1448 on: December 14, 2019, 09:37:39 am »
My missus upgraded our Virgin a few years ago to get kids stuff for our two - this included BT Sport. The kids never watch the telly she got for them, so i thought about binning it off, but I watch CL and Moto3/Moto2/MotoGP, she watches Europa League, we both watch PL games so just kept it.

We are on the 100meg broadband and the Amazon streams were almost perfect for us, think I had one 5 second buffer. Do find that some streams I watch on a weekend can be a pain, but eventually I can find a good one, I put her lot on the other Sunday and the stream was shit, but managed to find a decent one after a bit of searching about. To be able to just flick on Amazon, or preferably a new service such LFCTV Streaming, would be great.

:lmao

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1449 on: December 14, 2019, 09:43:53 am »
DAZN already positioned themselves as ''the Netflix of sport''.

DAZN Canada shows all Premier League and Champions League games for roughly a tenner a month.

In Germany, DAZN are active bidders for Bundesliga rights against Sky. They don't have all the games, but I can see a scenario where it could happen.

There's no reason why they couldn't expand to the UK very soon. The impatient can get a VPN and watch basically all (there's no League Cup) Liverpool games through DAZN Canada.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1450 on: December 14, 2019, 10:01:01 am »
DAZN already positioned themselves as ''the Netflix of sport''.

DAZN Canada shows all Premier League and Champions League games for roughly a tenner a month.

In Germany, DAZN are active bidders for Bundesliga rights against Sky. They don't have all the games, but I can see a scenario where it could happen.

There's no reason why they couldn't expand to the UK very soon. The impatient can get a VPN and watch basically all (there's no League Cup) Liverpool games through DAZN Canada.

Pretty sure there’s probably a few reasons.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1451 on: December 14, 2019, 11:27:17 am »
Pretty sure there’s probably a few reasons.
Fair; there must be a reason. But I mean, if they can oust Sky to games in other countries, why couldn't that also apply to the UK? The cost of screening the Bundesliga domestically costs in the same ballpark as the Premier League. They also screen some Serie A games domestically.

Anyway, this BT proposal is a rip-off in comparison to what DAZN are already doing in other countries. Big hopes DAZN or Amazon get all the games.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1452 on: December 14, 2019, 11:29:09 am »
Haven't Sky and BT got exclusive UK rights so no one else can show them even if DAZN has rights themselves

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1453 on: December 14, 2019, 11:53:25 am »
Fair; there must be a reason. But I mean, if they can oust Sky to games in other countries, why couldn't that also apply to the UK? The cost of screening the Bundesliga domestically costs in the same ballpark as the Premier League. They also screen some Serie A games domestically.

Being in the same ballpark is more than a little generous in describing the german deal, the PL sides get 50% more while the german deal covers 50% more games, the PL deal would jump significantly if they sold off more games per season too.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1454 on: December 15, 2019, 09:15:27 pm »
I just want football to be on one or, at most, 2 platforms where I can choose to watch any game I like. Like most of the rest of the world and its sports.
that was down to EU rules from memory meaning the PL had to split games into packages in order to spread the coverage.

It was an odd ruling, done with the best of intentions I think, but in reality splitting the coverage was only ever going to see costs go up as why would anyone just subscribe to one channel for a limited number of matches
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1455 on: December 15, 2019, 09:21:08 pm »

Anyway, this BT proposal is a rip-off in comparison to what DAZN are already doing in other countries. Big hopes DAZN or Amazon get all the games.

Do Sky even attempt to buy rights abroad? Not sure DAZN have ousted them at all.

Also, the PL domestic deal is approx £1.66bn for 200 matches a season. The Bundesliga deal is just over £1bn for 306 games a season. It’s not even close to being in the same ballpark.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1456 on: December 15, 2019, 10:38:14 pm »
Do Sky even attempt to buy rights abroad? Not sure DAZN have ousted them at all.

Also, the PL domestic deal is approx £1.66bn for 200 matches a season. The Bundesliga deal is just over £1bn for 306 games a season. It’s not even close to being in the same ballpark.
well technically NBC that own the US rights and Sky are part of the same company Comcast so you could argue that "Sky" own the rights in the US
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1457 on: December 16, 2019, 12:22:51 am »

Sky Deutschland (and Eurosport) have most Bundesliga games, but DAZN now have rights to some games.

I see the cost of the rights for the Bundesliga and the Premier League as ''in the same ballpark'' in the context of DAZN bidding for the rights. We're not talking 50x or 100x more expensive. I don't think the difference prices them out, especially considering the rate in which they are reportedly growing.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1458 on: December 16, 2019, 12:52:24 am »
well technically NBC that own the US rights and Sky are part of the same company Comcast so you could argue that "Sky" own the rights in the US

Well if you want to be technical then Comcast only purchased Sky after the last round of rights were purchased.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1459 on: December 16, 2019, 12:53:54 am »
Sky Deutschland (and Eurosport) have most Bundesliga games, but DAZN now have rights to some games.

Yeah they have the smaller package.

I see the cost of the rights for the Bundesliga and the Premier League as ''in the same ballpark'' in the context of DAZN bidding for the rights. We're not talking 50x or 100x more expensive. I don't think the difference prices them out, especially considering the rate in which they are reportedly growing.

On a price per game basis the PL games are more than double the Bundesliga. It’s not even close to being comparable.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1460 on: December 16, 2019, 09:21:35 am »
Yeah they have the smaller package.
If you already know the intricacies of foreign TV deals, why are you asking me if Sky buy rights abroad?

On a price per game basis the PL games are more than double the Bundesliga. It’s not even close to being comparable.
Yet you just compared them, and seem to be fixated on this comparison.

I don't see a ~100% increase as an insurmountable leap for DAZN. I see billion dollar boxing deals, reports of 950% year-on-year revenue growth, and huge financial backers including Len Blavatnik.

I think they could join the conversation. That's all. I am not saying the leagues are of exactly the same value; just that the difference appears not significant enough to price DAZN out of bidding for some games. This is what I mean by ''in the same ballpark'' in this context.

You're clearly well informed on the subject and it's okay if you disagree, just please don't fixate on a phrase I used to (admittedly poorly) explain my position, instead of offering genuine insight. You're only offering figures I'm already aware of, when I'd rather hear your opinion on whether DAZN could become the Netflix of football in the UK.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #1461 on: March 20, 2020, 02:28:04 pm »
Managed to pause Sky Sports online nice and easy, but is there any way to pause or cancel this online? Looked and cannot find it anywhere and would rather not have to ring their call centre and go through that shite.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1462 on: March 20, 2020, 02:41:05 pm »
I'd love to cancel BT on my phone package and get it reduced.  However i'm not even supposed to have it - should have been cancelled 3 months into my new contract which is now 7 months in.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1463 on: March 20, 2020, 02:53:48 pm »
Managed to pause Sky Sports online nice and easy, but is there any way to pause or cancel this online? Looked and cannot find it anywhere and would rather not have to ring their call centre and go through that shite.
If all else fails I.e. you’re unable to contact just cancel direct debit (if you pay that way).  No point paying for services that are currently not available.

Of course it’s complicated if you have broadband/phone through BT as well as BT sport.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:55:29 pm by TSC »

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1464 on: March 20, 2020, 03:08:26 pm »
If all else fails I.e. you’re unable to contact just cancel direct debit (if you pay that way).  No point paying for services that are currently not available.

Of course it’s complicated if you have broadband/phone through BT as well as BT sport.

But you can't do that if you just want to cancel the sports elements? That would cancel your whole Sky package?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1465 on: March 20, 2020, 03:16:39 pm »
But you can't do that if you just want to cancel the sports elements? That would cancel your whole Sky package?

Also they'll keep charging you, happened to me before, they'll charge you for the remainder of the contract which rolls over annually, and will send you letters threatening legal action.
At that stage I paid up and got sky back, this time I'm trying to pause sky but due to high demand i've been in an online queue for 5 hours.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1466 on: March 20, 2020, 04:16:04 pm »

Yep apols think I intended to quote Ziltoid post re BT
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 04:17:43 pm by TSC »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1467 on: March 20, 2020, 04:19:14 pm »

Apologies it's BT Sport on my phone, don't have any other BT product.  I'd rather take my chance - still got 15 months to run so hopefully some sport will commence by then!

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1468 on: March 20, 2020, 04:49:33 pm »
I've cancelled the whole package I had with them. Bb and sports. Got through to be told ot would be a £136 cancellation fee. Pointed out sky's response. Not interested. Never liked them as a company but had a good deal with the sports package. No emails or response whatsoever from bt to the virus. Totally shit service. Goodbye
bollocks

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: March 20, 2020, 07:58:58 pm »
I called up on Wednesday and they were happy to cancel it, but then instead offered to credit back my bill for March and April, and said they will do the same if I get in touch before May if it is likely there will be no sport. This basically means I'm getting it free of charge until sport is back.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: March 20, 2020, 10:49:46 pm »
I called to cancel mine a few days ago. I was paying £36.49 a month? They reduced it to £16.99 a month for 2 years.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: March 21, 2020, 04:02:16 am »
I've cancelled the whole package I had with them. Bb and sports. Got through to be told ot would be a £136 cancellation fee. Pointed out sky's response. Not interested. Never liked them as a company but had a good deal with the sports package. No emails or response whatsoever from bt to the virus. Totally shit service. Goodbye

Were you in the middle of a fixed term contract?

I called up on Wednesday and they were happy to cancel it, but then instead offered to credit back my bill for March and April, and said they will do the same if I get in touch before May if it is likely there will be no sport. This basically means I'm getting it free of charge until sport is back.
I called to cancel mine a few days ago. I was paying £36.49 a month? They reduced it to £16.99 a month for 2 years.

It sounds like BT have better customer service than Sky, who seem to basically be putting obstacles in the way of people cancelling or pausing sports channels.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1472 on: March 21, 2020, 07:16:13 pm »
Same as others have said, they gave me a 3 month holiday then took a tenner off my existing bill for 2 years. Happy with that.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1473 on: March 22, 2020, 11:58:03 am »
It sounds like BT have better customer service than Sky, who seem to basically be putting obstacles in the way of people cancelling or pausing sports channels.

Sky have literally made it a few clicks, was dead simple to do.

BT you have to ring at your own cost, wait for ages, and then negotiate with!

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1474 on: March 23, 2020, 02:14:47 am »

Fair enough. I heard it wasn’t working for some and that those who wanted to cancel weren’t able to get through.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: March 23, 2020, 08:42:38 am »

Its simple if it works! I was in an online queue for close to an hour, clicked pause and get the "There was a problem - try again later" and thats happened all weekend :(
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1476 on: March 23, 2020, 09:04:12 am »
Its simple if it works! I was in an online queue for close to an hour, clicked pause and get the "There was a problem - try again later" and thats happened all weekend :(

Been trying for a week

they can fuck off

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1477 on: March 23, 2020, 09:09:50 am »
Been trying for a week

they can fuck off

Surely they could just take it upon themselves to suspend everyone's DD that has sports? My gym sent us an email saying that while the gym is closed they wont take any money - and this is a small local business!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1478 on: March 23, 2020, 10:20:02 am »
Surely they could just take it upon themselves to suspend everyone's DD that has sports? My gym sent us an email saying that while the gym is closed they wont take any money - and this is a small local business!

Yep, your local gym wants to keep your business when they open again. Loads of gyms around so they have competition.

BT have a match monopoly for CL and EL games plus PL with Sky so they don't give a shit. Probably have very few staff answering calls and could say we sent most call centre staff home to protect them. 
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1479 on: March 23, 2020, 12:41:06 pm »
Yep, your local gym wants to keep your business when they open again. Loads of gyms around so they have competition.

BT have a match monopoly for CL and EL games plus PL with Sky so they don't give a shit. Probably have very few staff answering calls and could say we sent most call centre staff home to protect them.

Once they try to take the money and find that the direct debit has been cancelled, itll be me not answering, and not giving a shit.