Author Topic: Wembley: Anfield South  (Read 97261 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Wembley
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 12:17:27 pm »
Anyone know if you can walk right around the concourse once you're inside? Or is it split into smaller sections and closed off in blocks?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 07:34:47 pm »
Anyone know if you can walk right around the concourse once you're inside? Or is it split into smaller sections and closed off in blocks?

You can usually walk right around the concourse, although it can be closed every few blocks if they choose to. I imagine they will separate Cardiff/Liverpool but you should be able to walk around the whole Liverpool end. You can walk around our end in the ground as well.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 08:02:43 pm »
You can usually walk right around the concourse, although it can be closed every few blocks if they choose to. I imagine they will separate Cardiff/Liverpool but you should be able to walk around the whole Liverpool end. You can walk around our end in the ground as well.

Brilliant, thanks. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 09:36:09 pm »
Anyone know of any good places to park?

Found what seems a reliable source!

:wave
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:03:58 pm by Jagdip »

Offline Michaelanscombe

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »
Anyone know of any good places to park?

Found what seems a reliable source!

:wave

R u sharing ?
Suarez is not a Racist

Offline rob1178

• Main Stander
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2012, 09:06:48 am »
The globe is opposite baker street, good atmosphere outside, quite small inside. Been to ingerlund games and had a good sing along there, better than in the ground actually!. Just so everyone knows, it tends to shut about 90 mins before kick off if it's international match. Not sure if the same today.

There is a wetherspoons next door to baker street, there are a couple of offies nearby if the pub does chuck out early.

Then it's just 20 mins tube north to Wembley park. Coming back, a lot of the trains just run from Wembley to baker street so you might have to change.

good luck, stay safe, come on you redmen!
you can be slow or fast, but you must get to the line.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #46 on: March 1, 2012, 04:27:01 pm »
Obviously we have to beat stoke but if we do and we play on the 14th April, found that there is engineering work on that day that affects wembley central.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/enfcf46bce8f46779e9aaa6670831f22/details.html

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #47 on: March 8, 2012, 03:02:00 pm »
Should we get to Wembly in the FA Cup,  if your driving one idea would be to use the M40/A40 & use Hillingdon Tube which has a free car park for those using the Tube, & is on the same line[Metropolitain Line, Uxbridge branch] to Wembley Park, i recomended this to a mate who went to the England v Spain game last November & said it was a good idea.
#Sausages

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2012, 08:54:35 pm »
THEM SCOUSERS AGAIN

:D

Can't wait for this Semi - especially if it's against Everton
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2012, 09:28:50 pm »
THEM SCOUSERS AGAIN

Can we re-name this thread "Anfield South" ??

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2012, 09:30:54 pm »
THEM SCOUSERS AGAIN

Is it really just me who is struggling to understand why people want to play everton in the semi?

and yes i am from liverpool and have everton fans in my family blah blah blah all that usual shite that people say, fuck that, i can't stand those vile c*nts, i don't want them going to wembley this season, simple as that.

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
Re: Wembley: Anfield South
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2012, 01:12:24 pm »
just watching the CC final again, and reminded me of how much of a twat the stadium announcer sounds. Annoying fucking prick!
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2012, 04:24:55 pm »
Should we get to Wembly in the FA Cup,  if your driving one idea would be to use the M40/A40 & use Hillingdon Tube which has a free car park for those using the Tube, & is on the same line[Metropolitain Line, Uxbridge branch] to Wembley Park, i recomended this to a mate who went to the England v Spain game last November & said it was a good idea.

Just to ammend the post, the car park at Hillingdon is not free, but a £1 charge on Saturdays, sorry i didn't intend to misslead anyone.http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/tubestationcarparks/default.aspx
#Sausages

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 09:26:57 am »
Aside from the obvious fantastic result I still have wembley moans. Firstly, we shouldn't even be playing semis there. Next the acoustics are poor for a big ground. Lastly, the road links are dire.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2012, 10:25:51 am »
Toilets. Awful yet again. But not really gonna be any different from last time.

They need to spend a few million extra and make them bigger.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2012, 10:56:50 am »
Toilets. Awful yet again. But not really gonna be any different from last time.

They need to spend a few million extra and make them bigger.

I agree, toilets where fucking awful yesterday.

Offline Desi Kopite

• Anny Roader
  • Twitter: @pritsinghlfc
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2012, 10:45:06 am »
Awful facilities, and this is supposed to be the home of English football!! The FA as usual just spent a load of dosh and we the fans are paying for it!! Disgraceful...

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 09:59:59 am »
R u sharing ?

Sorry just saw this.

I used parkatmyhouse.com - wembleyman. £25 but worth it, especially if there are 4-5 of you in the car!

Offline Desi Kopite

• Anny Roader
  • Twitter: @pritsinghlfc
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 10:10:45 am »
If anyone needs parking space close by, I know of someone local to the West side of Wembley on parkmyride.com, they have space for 3 cars and only charge £15 per car for the day. The road's name is Ealing Road...so if we are allocated West side this time then let me know. High St in 2 mins away walk and plenty of pubs along the High St towards stadium!

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 07:02:44 pm »
Stanmore station is good for parking, £1.50 all day for our minibus at the semi, was boss.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2012, 04:38:44 pm »
Stanmore station is good for parking, £1.50 all day for our minibus at the semi, was boss.

How many stops is that from the ground mate?

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2012, 04:43:20 pm »
We parked at Harrow on the Hill. Dead easy to get in and out of Wembley, couple of stops from Wembley Park. Stanmore was really busy when we went past.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2012, 04:49:16 pm »

2 I think, maybe 3.
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2012, 10:36:45 am »
3 stops mate, we parked up and got the tube to baker street, met back at Stanmore after the game,  was relatively easy getting out.

Offline RedRich84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • SOS 7033
« Reply #64 on: May 3, 2012, 11:19:19 am »
Confused by this - under the 'Around Wembley Stadium' section it states The Globe is allocated to Chelsea, but then it is listed under licensed LFC premises in the bit below....

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/information-for-members-ahead-of-the-cup-final-5th-may-2012

Anyone know either way?

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #65 on: May 3, 2012, 06:58:51 pm »
Confused by this - under the 'Around Wembley Stadium' section it states The Globe is allocated to Chelsea, but then it is listed under licensed LFC premises in the bit below....

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/information-for-members-ahead-of-the-cup-final-5th-may-2012

Anyone know either way?

It's definitely a Chelsea pub mate. SOS have now removed it from the list on that link.

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2015, 09:37:43 am »
Another trip to Anfield South.  ;D
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2019, 02:54:39 pm »
Not familiar with London

Staying Sat & Sunday night of the Charity League, recommended area to stay in?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Danthemanaussiered

• Main Stander
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2019, 12:58:46 pm »
Not familiar with London

Staying Sat & Sunday night of the Charity League, recommended area to stay in?

Fuck so many responses to this question, depends on what you're after. If you want ease to getting to wembley sunday, or if you're more focused on what sort of night out you want saturday/sunday night.

For me, I'd stay in camden perhaps, good bar and club scene and not to far from wembley (Jubilee line, chalk farm station). Plenty of accom options, hostels (St Christophers Inn) etc

But so many options, budget/quality of hostel.hotel would change things too.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2019, 01:03:42 pm »
Chalk Farm, Camden and most of the surrounding tube stops are on the Northern Line mate - you're right about the pubs and bars like.

I did get a Viavan from that area to Wembley for Fleetwood Mac on Sunday, and it only cost about £15 - so if there's a few of you perhaps do that instead.

Online Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2019, 05:17:59 pm »
Kilburn/West Hampstead are good options too. Decent nightlife, easy access into the West End and also on the Jubilee line just a few stops from Wembley

Online Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2019, 03:54:21 pm »
FYI if planning to get train from Watford Junction:

LONDON OVERGROUND: Sunday 4 August, no service between Euston and Watford Junction. Use local bus or Underground services between Euston and Queen's Park and the Bakerloo line between Queen's Park and Harrow & Wealdstone. Replacement buses operate between Queen's Park and Harrow & Wealdstone and between Harrow & Wealdstone and Watford Junction.

Replacement buses operateService BL-1 (4 buses per hour): Queen's Park - Kensal Green - Willesden Junction - North Acton (Tube) - Harlesden - Stonebridge Park - Wembley Central - North Wembley - Preston Road (rube) for South Kenton - Kenton - Harrow & WealdstoneService BL-2 (4 buses per hour) 09:00-19:00 only: Queen's Park - Kensal Green - Willesden Junction - North Acton (Tube) - Harlesden - Stonebridge Park - Wembley Central - Harrow & Wealdstone Service H: Harrow & Wealdstone - Headstone Lane - Hatch End - Carpenders Park - Bushey - Watford High Street - Watford Junction.

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2019, 11:07:00 am »
FYI if planning to get train from Watford Junction:

LONDON OVERGROUND: Sunday 4 August, no service between Euston and Watford Junction. Use local bus or Underground services between Euston and Queen's Park and the Bakerloo line between Queen's Park and Harrow & Wealdstone. Replacement buses operate between Queen's Park and Harrow & Wealdstone and between Harrow & Wealdstone and Watford Junction.

Replacement buses operateService BL-1 (4 buses per hour): Queen's Park - Kensal Green - Willesden Junction - North Acton (Tube) - Harlesden - Stonebridge Park - Wembley Central - North Wembley - Preston Road (rube) for South Kenton - Kenton - Harrow & WealdstoneService BL-2 (4 buses per hour) 09:00-19:00 only: Queen's Park - Kensal Green - Willesden Junction - North Acton (Tube) - Harlesden - Stonebridge Park - Wembley Central - Harrow & Wealdstone Service H: Harrow & Wealdstone - Headstone Lane - Hatch End - Carpenders Park - Bushey - Watford High Street - Watford Junction.

Stupid me already bought a return on Virgin to Watford Junction before knowing all this  :butt ideally now need to go to Euston and get to Wembley from there, but oddily enough I can't actually buy a ticket from watford Junction to Euston travelling on a virgin train, as they don't sell them. What are the chances they'll check my ticket once I arrive at Euston, as I really don't want to be buying a whole new ticket for the sake of an extra stop and 15 mins journey time  :no
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 11:10:26 am by Booze And Glory »

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2019, 03:57:19 pm »
Stupid me already bought a return on Virgin to Watford Junction before knowing all this  :butt ideally now need to go to Euston and get to Wembley from there, but oddily enough I can't actually buy a ticket from watford Junction to Euston travelling on a virgin train, as they don't sell them. What are the chances they'll check my ticket once I arrive at Euston, as I really don't want to be buying a whole new ticket for the sake of an extra stop and 15 mins journey time  :no

Just get off at Watford Junction, and walk over to Watford tube, for a direct Underground train to Wembley Park. The tube journey will be pretty cheap with a contactless card, as you're not going to/from Central London. 

If you do go to Euston, it's unlikely they'll check you when you arrive, but it's possible. On the way back they're much more likely to check everyone getting on at Euston.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2019, 09:55:41 am »
Just get off at Watford Junction, and walk over to Watford tube, for a direct Underground train to Wembley Park. The tube journey will be pretty cheap with a contactless card, as you're not going to/from Central London. 

If you do go to Euston, it's unlikely they'll check you when you arrive, but it's possible. On the way back they're much more likely to check everyone getting on at Euston.

Do be aware that the walk between Watford Junction and Watford Tube is about 25 minutes though.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:57:43 am by bradders1011 »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2019, 12:26:51 pm »
Cheers both of you, probably do the walk to Watford tube rather than risking it at Euston, the more I think about it. Also hoping it'll be quieter heading back that way after the game.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2019, 08:42:23 am »
Just a heads up in regards to  parking for anyone travelling by car. You can park at Ikea Wembley on matchdays and they don't check. It's a 20 min walk to the stadium after.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2019, 09:35:00 am »
Was down here for 5 a side last night and the works on Wembley Way are still ongoing and taking up a large chunk of the ramp through the centre. Could be an uncomfortably longer wait whilst we're all getting out after the match.

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: February 2, 2022, 10:27:54 pm »
I will get in early, anyone know which pubs are best around our end for Wembley, if im right last time we had that end it was pretty slim pickings for a good boozer

Offline adzogolonzo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2022, 07:45:21 pm »
I will get in early, anyone know which pubs are best around our end for Wembley, if im right last time we had that end it was pretty slim pickings for a good boozer
pretty sure we gave the green Man side .  There will be quite a few drinking in Central London.  I would expect the globe at Baker Street to be chelsea but previous years it has been full of reds