Author Topic: Europa Final  (Read 173738 times)

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Europa Final
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »
Thanks Jon saves me worrying. Train network looks a good one over there so should be fine.

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2016, 11:46:20 am »
Whereabouts in Weil am Rhine have you got we are paying £125 for two nights at Hans Luc obviously got a free cancellation if need  be flights cost us £55 each

We have rooms booked in the Hotel Dreiländerbrücke, the big one just facing France and next to French Footbridge. There were a number of us so triples around £176 and quads £200 for 2 nights. Having walked from Basel to there and then France last season for 3 beers, 3 countries 1 hour well happy that its pretty damn close. Also only 1 minute on the train to Basel BSB and last train back around 1.30am. Plus its the cheaper drinking place out of all 3. Seen the Swiss Franc around 1.33 yesterday, so the beers there even more expensive than previously !

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2016, 01:00:11 pm »
I knew it was close but not that close . And I stayed in Basel last time cost about 8.50francs a pint so happy day

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »
i'm all for planning ahead and hedging your bets but seems to be a lot of people talking like we've already qualified!

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2016, 06:54:04 pm »
i'm all for planning ahead and hedging your bets but seems to be a lot of people talking like we've already qualified!

I've held back booking anything. Going to see what happens in the first leg. If we win I'll probably book.

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2016, 09:00:13 pm »
Booked a flight from Geneva to Newcastle the day after the final with Easyjet for £25. No idea how the route out there will work out but I will worry about that after the 2nd leg.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2016, 10:43:00 pm »
booking ahead does one of two things , saves you a fortune IF we get into the final and if we dont I am treating it like a £55 bet so if I lose its my fault , but up to now with all the excitement its been worth every penny , IF it comes good have probably saved a minimum of £250

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2016, 09:40:11 am »
Booked a cracking apartment

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2016, 02:09:59 pm »
No where to stay in Basel

Fkin nightmare of a place

Last train from Basel to Zurich is 11pm, game might overrun if we get to the final of course

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2016, 02:35:49 pm »
Me and a mate flying to Stuttgart and getting the train in on the day of the game if we get there. If we don't the German beer is good  :wave

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2016, 04:14:54 pm »
Me and a mate flying to Stuttgart and getting the train in on the day of the game if we get there. If we don't the German beer is good  :wave

What are the trains like? Something we might explore but gonna save it til after Villareal (unless we batter them tomorrow)

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2016, 04:32:54 pm »
What are the trains like? Something we might explore but gonna save it til after Villareal (unless we batter them tomorrow)

It's about £50ish return on the train and takes about 3 hours. First train gets you into Basel about 10.30am

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2016, 04:35:47 pm »
Flight into Germany then train to Basel is definatley the way to do it and air bnb. Pick a cheap crate or 2 up from Germany :)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2016, 02:50:21 pm »
Same here, taking my lad. We're flying Manc land to Stuttgart Tuesday and getting the train the day of the game. I paid £80 for the trains for both  of us through Deutsche Bahn. Flights for £100 total.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2016, 11:30:25 pm »
Same here, taking my lad. We're flying Manc land to Stuttgart Tuesday and getting the train the day of the game. I paid £80 for the trains for both  of us through Deutsche Bahn. Flights for £100 total.

Be on same flight then mate... Flight back on the Friday. Hope we do the business Thursday otherwise Stuttgart better be good  ;D

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2016, 11:26:43 am »
Be on same flight then mate... Flight back on the Friday. Hope we do the business Thursday otherwise Stuttgart better be good  ;D
We are flying back Thursday coz golden balls has school. Waiting on a reply off airing for the Wednesday night.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 3, 2016, 03:43:54 pm »
We are flying back Thursday coz golden balls has school. Waiting on a reply off airing for the Wednesday night.

In the same boat mate. Got to get off straight after the game for first flight home on Thursday Morning.

Says above that last train from Basel to Zurich is fucking 11pm. That's no good whatsoever.

Anyone any idea how much do those day trips usually cost that are ran by the club, Thomas Cooke, Sporting Options..whoever?...cheers.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 3, 2016, 03:46:32 pm »
In the same boat mate. Got to get off straight after the game for first flight home on Thursday Morning.

Says above that last train from Basel to Zurich is fucking 11pm. That's no good whatsoever.

Anyone any idea how much do those day trips usually cost that are ran by the club, Thomas Cooke, Sporting Options..whoever?...cheers.
The day return is £350 with world choice sports at the moment. Says its 90% refundable if we don't get through so don't know why you just wouldn't wait till Thursday's done.

I'll be doing the same as I need to be back for the day after

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 3, 2016, 03:51:22 pm »
Cheers Paul

Just had a quick look on the Swiss train times and there are trains running out of Basel to both Zurich and Bern avery 20 mins or so from around 4am onwards. Only takes an hour or so.

We wont be out of the ground until midnight anyway. A few celebratory pints then grab the first train to either Zurich or Bern. Will see what flights are available now.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #59 on: May 3, 2016, 04:23:23 pm »
Haven't booked anything and starting to regret that now.
Looked at the prices and hotels available (unavailable) yesterday.

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We See Things They'll Never See
« Reply #60 on: May 3, 2016, 04:26:14 pm »
The day return is £350 with world choice sports at the moment. Says its 90% refundable if we don't get through so don't know why you just wouldn't wait till Thursday's done.

I'll be doing the same as I need to be back for the day after
Need to do the same cause of exams, if they were doing full refunds id have booked that now. don't know whether to wait and see now, cause if this sells out ive no other way of going

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 3, 2016, 04:31:52 pm »
Need to do the same cause of exams, if they were doing full refunds id have booked that now. don't know whether to wait and see now, cause if this sells out ive no other way of going
Same reason here, think I'll just book it Thursday night if we get through

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 3, 2016, 04:35:16 pm »
You going tonight, Steve? I still owe you a pint!

9,000 given to the club, but the club will  take loads out of that, mate. I'd honestly be really surprised if 9,000 go to the likes of us!

I did go but only just read this.  Forget the pint mate, just tell me how to get to Basle.  I've spent the whole day checking millions of different routes, and I think I've put each route up by a few quid each due to the amount of times I've checked them.

Going on holiday on the Saturday after so really could do with getting home Thursday.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 3, 2016, 04:36:07 pm »
Same reason here, think I'll just book it Thursday night if we get through
I'm gonna decide tonight, tempted to risk the 35 cause could see that selling out quickly with it being a final

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #64 on: May 3, 2016, 04:39:25 pm »
Loads of rooms in Mullhouse, 20 minutes over the border in France and really cheap! Takes 18 minutes by train to Basel and they run all night

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 3, 2016, 04:41:38 pm »
No where to stay in Basel

Fkin nightmare of a place

Last train from Basel to Zurich is 11pm, game might overrun if we get to the final of course

Is that 11pm their time?  If so, you wont make it anyway as I assume the kick off will be 9pm their time.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 3, 2016, 05:24:51 pm »
I'm gonna decide tonight, tempted to risk the 35 cause could see that selling out quickly with it being a final
Fair enough, can't see them selling out a plane full before Thursday though

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 3, 2016, 05:26:10 pm »
Return train from Zurich to Basel is 50 quid. Best Zurich/Manchester return flight I can find that gets back early enough on the Thursday is 230 quid and that's with a swap in Frankfurt

Might as well just do the day trip with World Choice Sports..fuck it.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #68 on: May 3, 2016, 05:28:26 pm »
Havent booked yet, dont want to take the double loss, if we might not get there.. But have checked some routes to book the minute the whistle blows. Luckily not much traffic where I come from

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 3, 2016, 07:10:11 pm »
Loads of rooms in Mullhouse, 20 minutes over the border in France and really cheap! Takes 18 minutes by train to Basel and they run all night
Got a room in Weil Am Rhein for £59 notes.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #70 on: May 3, 2016, 07:19:07 pm »
Weve got a hotel next to the station, £117 for 2 nights! It's a no brainer staying in Mullhouse! A quarter the price of hotels in Basel and only 18 minutes away on the train! We're driving there as well! 4 of us in the car, cheapest way of doing it and no risk of losing money if we don't get there!

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #71 on: May 3, 2016, 07:28:43 pm »

Just booked a double for £94 and it can be cancelled.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 3, 2016, 07:34:54 pm »
Just booked a double for £94 and it can be cancelled.
See you there Nick. I'm going even if we don't get there. Early birthday treat for golden balls.

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #73 on: May 3, 2016, 07:53:40 pm »
I did go but only just read this.  Forget the pint mate, just tell me how to get to Basle.  I've spent the whole day checking millions of different routes, and I think I've put each route up by a few quid each due to the amount of times I've checked them.

Going on holiday on the Saturday after so really could do with getting home Thursday.

I need to be at a meeting in Manc airport on the Thursday so in the same boat mate. Let you know if I find anything good but can see myself having to pay through the nose on a day trip.

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 3, 2016, 08:03:23 pm »
Fair enough, can't see them selling out a plane full before Thursday though
Should be alright actually shouldn't it, Sports Options haven't put theirs up and don't look like they're going to until after the match. Will just get my mate to book it at full time straight away if we go through. Only worrying cause its my only way of doing it

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #75 on: May 3, 2016, 10:02:22 pm »
Anyone still looking for a hotel, have a look on here.

https://www.hotelbb.de/en/portal/booking#/booking

Got a room for €69 for the night of the final.

Already got my final tickets sorted through the UEFA ballot. Got a bloody Uni exam on the morning of the 18th May, so will have to scramble a flight to Basel like mad.
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 3, 2016, 11:03:47 pm »
Anyone still looking for a hotel, have a look on here.

https://www.hotelbb.de/en/portal/booking#/booking

Got a room for €69 for the night of the final.

Already got my final tickets sorted through the UEFA ballot. Got a bloody Uni exam on the morning of the 18th May, so will have to scramble a flight to Basel like mad.

Good spot. These look fully cancellable, double is €59. Looks to be hour or so walk from stadium.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #77 on: May 3, 2016, 11:10:43 pm »
Good spot. These look fully cancellable, double is €59. Looks to be hour or so walk from stadium.
Get that booked and then head into the town for a bevvy. We'll stay on the German side for a drink and then head into Basel for the game later.
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.

Offline Dhlfc92

• Main Stander
« Reply #78 on: May 3, 2016, 11:48:27 pm »
Posted other day but you can do this for £90. Manc Brussels Tuesday morning ... Brussels geneva 8am land morning the game and then same route back gets into Manc Thursday night. For anyone looking to keep the cost down.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #79 on: May 4, 2016, 08:22:24 am »
where did you see that ? First train to Mulhouse I could see after midnight went at 5.21