Author Topic: Premier League suspended until safe to resume  (Read 160771 times)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Re: Premier League suspended until 3rd April
« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2020, 05:00:58 pm »
If we're in this situation in July when the government have said the summer is peak season for this in the UK , what makes you think we're back to normal in August?  ;D

True. Would be incredible if there turns out to be no footy whatsoever for a year, say.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2020, 05:04:12 pm »
I was watching CNN earlier and they were talking to a guy who used to work at UEFA and he said they will most likely to cancel Euro 2020 till next summer  but these few days before the Tuesday video conference is for UEFA to set up all the insurance need to pay the host nations and what not to delay it.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2020, 05:06:11 pm »
The premier league bosses will know that just voiding the season and not allowing it to play out after so much of the season has been played will massively compromise the integrity of their product especially among the TV viewers around the world from where a lot of the competitions money comes from.
They have to get this season finished.

Well they'd lose one "customer" here
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline PeterC10

• Boys Pen

Online Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2020, 05:18:04 pm »

So often, when life is shit, you have the football to take you away from it all for a short time. We don't even have that now.
I've got some mates who the opposite runs true for!

With the footy off at last they'll be giving more time to their wives and kids!

In lots of cases, I'd say it's a welcome break.

Birth rate might spike in 9 months time me thinks with nowt else to do on the nights.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2020, 05:26:01 pm »
The FA chairman Greg Clarke has told the Premier League that he does not think the domestic football season will be completed, sparking fears of huge financial repercussions for the clubs.

For the PL alone, losses could amount to as much as £750 million.

[Times Sport]

Link: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fa-chief-greg-clarke-fears-the-season-will-not-finish-c57rs2mbq
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2020, 05:27:24 pm »
The FA chairman Greg Clarke has told the Premier League that he does not think the domestic football season will be completed, sparking fears of huge financial repercussions for the clubs.

[Times Sport]

If the void the league and we don't win, i'd honestly stop watching.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2020, 05:27:26 pm »

[Times Sport]
Can't wait for months of this shite.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2020, 05:27:40 pm »
So I presume he will vote for the Euro's not to be cancelled then? Going by him thinking it doesn't matter.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2020, 05:29:12 pm »
Ideally things calm down in April/May, the Euros are suspended and the season is extended to allow the games to be completed.

We win the title, but the Champions League is voided due to cross-European travel risks. The FA cup is voided due to fixture congestion and league games taking priority.

We then get our hands on the most important silverware of all, and any disappointment of a missed double or treble is irrelevant.

We then go again next season and win the fucking lot  8)

JUST IMAGINE - Premier League champions and still European and World Champions.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2020, 05:30:55 pm »
Football is finished for me if we don't end up with the league. Will shatter the integrity of the entire sport.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2020, 05:33:35 pm »
Man without any knowledge gives opinion. Seriously lads we're going to get these clickbait stories from now till whenever if it restarts.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2020, 05:33:51 pm »
Yep. I'm finished with the sport altogether if that happens. Completely done with it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2020, 05:34:49 pm »
What about the Eurovision song contest, does anyone know if it's still on? There's some things more important than football.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2020, 05:35:16 pm »
Girls, stop flapping.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2020, 05:36:19 pm »
What about the Eurovision song contest, does anyone know if it's still on? There's some things more important than football.
I'm more concerned about the Inter Continental Tiddly Winks Tournament myself.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2020, 05:36:28 pm »
At least Allison will be back  :D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2020, 05:37:19 pm »
At least Allison will be back  :D
Yes, but he'll be 76 by the time football resumes.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2020, 05:38:52 pm »
Listening to radio 5. There seems to be a consensus to keep the integrity of the league

What does that mean?
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2020, 05:40:56 pm »
What does that mean?

Finish the season somehow.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2020, 05:41:46 pm »
Yep. I'm finished with the sport altogether if that happens. Completely done with it.

Yep agreed.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2020, 05:48:54 pm »
The premier league bosses will know that just voiding the season and not allowing it to play out after so much of the season has been played will massively compromise the integrity of their product especially among the TV viewers around the world from where a lot of the competitions money comes from.
They have to get this season finished.
Apparently "In the event of a team withdrawing from the Competition before completing 75% of its fixtures for the season all points obtained by or recorded against such defaulting team shall be expunged from the table."

Liverpool have played 75%.
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2020, 05:51:40 pm »
We've played more than 75%. We had 9 games left. :D

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2020, 05:53:09 pm »
We've played more than 75%. We had 9 games left. :D

Looking good then  ;D
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2020, 05:55:24 pm »
Vote to void:
Man City - obvious
Tottenham - outside top 4 now, would 'restart' next season in Champions League
Arsenal - outside top 5 now, would 'restart' next season in Europa League
Watford - avoids potential relegation
West Ham - avoids potential relegation
Brighton - avoids potential relegation
Everton - unaffected either way but they won't want us to win the league

Vote to continue:
Us - obvious
Leicester - would lose potential CL place
United - fighting for a CL place (although 5th should get them there anyway assuming the City CL ban is upheld)
Wolves - fighting for a European place
Sheff United - as above
Norwich - hoping to survive relegation
Villa - as above
Bournemouth - as above

Rest could vote either way, depending on their views on sporting integrity:
Chelsea - in top 4 currently, finished top 4 last season
Southampton - could vote to void to guarantee potential relegation survival
Newcastle - as above
Palace - as above
Burnley - as above

Surely Norwich, Villa, Bournemouth vote to void, as the season would effectively start again, and they would have survived?

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2020, 05:56:02 pm »

Please don't say that. I work in London and have had to listen to several of my colleagues crowing today about how this has screwed up our season, the small-minded pricks (there's one especially annoying example, but he's an Arsenal fan, so I really don't know what he has got to be so smug about). I've not engaged with it. It's too tiring and won't achieve anything. Just fuck the lot of them, we're better than that. Whatever happens, the title this season is rightly ours, whether they award it to us or not.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. This has been an amazing season. We've had the pleasure of watching some of the best football most of us have ever seen from Liverpool FC. Fuck the trophies. We don't need gaudy silverware to prove how great we are. We need to show them that this will not set us back. We need to show them that this will only make us stronger and more resolute than ever.

They will not break our spirit.

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2020, 05:56:57 pm »

Lost count of the number of times I've heard that over the years. From me as well as other people. About the same as the Sunday morning, "I'll never touch another drop in my life, that's it for me." If you stick to it you'll make the national news.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2020, 05:58:19 pm »
The premier league bosses will know that just voiding the season and not allowing it to play out after so much of the season has been played will massively compromise the integrity of their product

The Premier League worrying about integrity? That's almost amusing.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2020, 06:02:44 pm »
snip
There's no way this season is resuming in 2-3 weeks like he suggests. This virus is going to spread and the numbers will be far worse in 3 weeks. If they resume playing it will likely be months from now.

Even if you lock down the players and playing with no spectators, are you going to lock down their families with them too? And the families of the officials, staff, etc. Impossible.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2020, 06:02:50 pm »
I'd imagine it would be near on impossible to turn your back the team you support and never watch again. It's an addiction.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2020, 06:03:25 pm »
Man without any knowledge gives opinion. Seriously lads we're going to get these clickbait stories from now till whenever if it restarts.

Wise man speaks truth. I'm ignoring it until there are some hard facts.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2020, 06:04:44 pm »
Lost count of the number of times I've heard that over the years. From me as well as other people. About the same as the Sunday morning, "I'll never touch another drop in my life, that's it for me." If you stick to it you'll make the national news.

To be honest I've said it numerous times myself, but never for as good a reason as this (should we not be awarded the PL). At the moment I really don't think I could stand it.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2020, 06:07:46 pm »
I'd imagine it would be near on impossible to turn your back the team you support and never watch again. It's an addiction.

I dunno there's a huge difference between losing it like we did last year and if we were to 'lose" this year in this fashion.

The game would have changed fundamentally for me. The passion would be completely sucked out it.

Offline cs09

• Boys Pen
« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2020, 06:08:08 pm »

Also cannot wait to find out (And it will leak) which two clubs believe everything should just end and be null and void.

Spurs & West Ham would be my guess.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 13, 2020, 06:13:33 pm »
At least Allison will be fit when we resume the league 👌😁

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2020, 06:16:57 pm »

I know there’s not much else to do....but even discussing it gives that sort of nonsense a bit of airtime. We wouldn’t need to worry about ‘not winning the league in thirty years’ because we’d be in a super league in about two years. It wouldn’t be worth it for anyone, for the trouble it’d bring.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #238 on: March 13, 2020, 06:20:56 pm »
it was the only thing they could do, I expect it will be longer and they should postpone the Euro's.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #239 on: March 13, 2020, 06:21:02 pm »
Same. Not having manc scum (and others) laughing we've not won the premiership when we basically have. There are ways around this. Just start the season up again later and push next season back. Could also bin the league cup and fa cup next season.