Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 575294 times)

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #2880 on: March 9, 2020, 04:03:09 pm »
It was like the one Kyle Walker did against us in the Community Shield. I remember thinking that only someone with that kind of pace and athleticism could pull that off. Millie can emulate anybody when he wants to.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2881 on: March 9, 2020, 04:06:40 pm »
My stream froze about a millisecond before he made contact with the ball, talk about a cliffhanger! Couldn’t bring myself to check BBC Sport. Stream came back up to hear massive cheers for Milly, what a player! Of everyone, I’m going to be happiest to see him receive a PL medal

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
« Reply #2882 on: March 9, 2020, 04:08:49 pm »
My stream froze about a millisecond before he made contact with the ball, talk about a cliffhanger! Couldn’t bring myself to check BBC Sport. Stream came back up to hear massive cheers for Milly, what a player! Of everyone, I’m going to be happiest to see him receive a PL medal

#MillySecond
#NopeMillyFirst

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2883 on: March 10, 2020, 10:26:44 am »
Jimmy has played for us more than any other club in his career.  He's won the Big One with us and is about to win the League too. He's not just passing by as many had thought when he signed for us 5 years ago.
I think it is time to go on record as saying I was wrong about Milner.
Possibly due to the way teams played him and the fact that his time at city was seemingly as a big part player, I always thought he was a bit of a plodder, a utility player and not a player to take us to the next level.
When we signed him, I thought he would be a player who, like Gary Mac, would be more use off the pitch to bring professionalism and a winning attitude to the dressing room, having been in the squad at City.
Well, sorry folks. My mistake. He seems to have realised that we offered him a chance to leave a lasting mark on the game. From bit part player to a vital cog in Jürgen’s mentality machine. His example off the field has been matched by a streetwise and canny presence on the pitch. He is Hendo’s sergeant major. He deals with stuff and shows the rest how it’s done. I think he is enjoying himself immensely, he has cemented a place in the pantheon of Anfield alongside the greats. (For me taking the ball into the corner against Barca and letting them kick fuck out of his ankles summed up his nouse and his willingness to take a hit for the cause) He is driving us on and his example is forcing younger players to give their all as we attempt to win the league.
His tears last season as he sang along to YNWA shows how he has become one of “us.” He might have landed here at the end of his career, but I think he has found his footballing home, where he is truly appreciated.
To take the leap from City with its wealth and the trophies it purchased, and come to a project like Liverpool, must have been difficult. Perhaps he has a point to prove to City.
Whatever the reasons,
Mr Milner sir, I apologise for doubting you. Thank you for your contribution and let’s hope you can enjoy a nice cup of tea or maybe sparkling water, along with Mo and Sadio, whilst Jürgen and the lads join us in getting paralytic if and when we clinch the title.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: March 10, 2020, 10:52:35 am »
Quite simply he's the ultimate professional.
Klopp must thank his lucky stars that he's got pro's like Milner to set and maintain standards on a daily basis. He knows what it takes to win, and he knows what is required to still be playing top level professional football at his age.

Imagine being a younger pro at Melwood, just signed a big contract, on the phone after training and arranging a big night out with your mates. Then out of the corner of your eye you spot 34 year old Milner heading back out onto the pitch to do an extra hour.

I'm not saying the younger lads will never go out, but if they've got anything about them, having Milner around will make then think.

He has a good level of shithousery about him too.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2885 on: March 10, 2020, 11:04:07 am »
Quite simply he's the ultimate professional.
Klopp must thank his lucky stars that he's got pro's like Milner to set and maintain standards on a daily basis. He knows what it takes to win, and he knows what is required to still be playing top level professional football at his age.

Imagine being a younger pro at Melwood, just signed a big contract, on the phone after training and arranging a big night out with your mates. Then out of the corner of your eye you spot 34 year old Milner heading back out onto the pitch to do an extra hour.

I'm not saying the younger lads will never go out, but if they've got anything about them, having Milner around will make then think.

He has a good level of shithousery about him too.

I recall him sticking his nut on Gary Mac and drawing blood. Got away with it, the sod.  ;)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2886 on: March 12, 2020, 07:41:02 pm »
I think it is time to go on record as saying I was wrong about Milner.
Possibly due to the way teams played him and the fact that his time at city was seemingly as a big part player, I always thought he was a bit of a plodder, a utility player and not a player to take us to the next level.
When we signed him, I thought he would be a player who, like Gary Mac, would be more use off the pitch to bring professionalism and a winning attitude to the dressing room, having been in the squad at City.
Well, sorry folks. My mistake. He seems to have realised that we offered him a chance to leave a lasting mark on the game. From bit part player to a vital cog in Jürgen’s mentality machine. His example off the field has been matched by a streetwise and canny presence on the pitch. He is Hendo’s sergeant major. He deals with stuff and shows the rest how it’s done. I think he is enjoying himself immensely, he has cemented a place in the pantheon of Anfield alongside the greats. (For me taking the ball into the corner against Barca and letting them kick fuck out of his ankles summed up his nouse and his willingness to take a hit for the cause) He is driving us on and his example is forcing younger players to give their all as we attempt to win the league.
His tears last season as he sang along to YNWA shows how he has become one of “us.” He might have landed here at the end of his career, but I think he has found his footballing home, where he is truly appreciated.
To take the leap from City with its wealth and the trophies it purchased, and come to a project like Liverpool, must have been difficult. Perhaps he has a point to prove to City.
Whatever the reasons,
Mr Milner sir, I apologise for doubting you. Thank you for your contribution and let’s hope you can enjoy a nice cup of tea or maybe sparkling water, along with Mo and Sadio, whilst Jürgen and the lads join us in getting paralytic if and when we clinch the title.

Great post. I too was a bit underwhelmed when we bought him. I didn’t see him bringing anything to the first team and how wrong I was. He just gives his all to us and really loves playing for us. It’s great to see him throwing himself around and inspiring the younger players. One of the best buys that we made recently and I think he knows that he’s appreciated.
#JFT97

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2887 on: March 12, 2020, 10:11:23 pm »
He seems to have realised that we offered him a chance to leave a lasting mark on the game. .
Great post mate, and in due course there'll be occasion to properly celebrate his time with us. He's a very rare type of player.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2888 on: March 13, 2020, 07:05:14 am »
He is Hendo’s sergeant major.

Good that.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2889 on: March 13, 2020, 03:14:03 pm »
Has played more games for us than any other club now too (6 more than City, with 8 more goals).  One of us. Scouse Yorkshireman.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #2890 on: March 13, 2020, 04:03:15 pm »
Don't know if this belongs in the 'racism in footy' thread but as it involves Milly I'll stick it here.
Nowt wrong with him. Moreso how the commentators treat 'foreigners' compared to one of our own English servants i.e. Milly.
In one of our games the other week, Milly did a pro foul on an opposing player. He had to to stop an attack. The commentator praised him and even extolled his wider virtues.
Can't help but feel if it had been one of our 'foreign' players the commentator would have said the opposite.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2891 on: March 13, 2020, 08:05:56 pm »
Don't know if this belongs in the 'racism in footy' thread but as it involves Milly I'll stick it here.
Nowt wrong with him. Moreso how the commentators treat 'foreigners' compared to one of our own English servants i.e. Milly.
In one of our games the other week, Milly did a pro foul on an opposing player. He had to to stop an attack. The commentator praised him and even extolled his wider virtues.
Can't help but feel if it had been one of our 'foreign' players the commentator would have said the opposite.
Kind of agree to be honest. I love Milly and of course it isn't him who decides how he's portrayed but there's a lot of xenophobia in the English media.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline GunnerParker

• Main Stander
  • Invincibles
« Reply #2892 on: March 13, 2020, 08:12:02 pm »
I still find it amazing you got him for free

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2893 on: March 13, 2020, 08:15:06 pm »

At the time though? I don't think it was met with as much enthusiasm by our own fans as it probably merited in hindsight, I suspect it was met with a 'meh' but fans of other clubs?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline GunnerParker

• Main Stander
  • Invincibles
« Reply #2894 on: March 13, 2020, 08:27:46 pm »
At the time though? I don't think it was met with as much enthusiasm by our own fans as it probably merited in hindsight, I suspect it was met with a 'meh' but fans of other clubs?
Nope, not at the time, though even then he was a very decent player to get for free. In hindsight though.....

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2895 on: March 13, 2020, 09:58:10 pm »
Nope, not at the time, though even then he was a very decent player to get for free. In hindsight though.....

Yeah, I thought he would be a decent signing but he's turned out to be much more than that. Gary McAllister was an excellent addition for us on a free, Milner's been on another level.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2896 on: March 15, 2020, 10:37:33 am »

Arsenal offered him a contract too.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2898 on: March 16, 2020, 02:29:19 am »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9xGK-VFQh8/?igshid=1cs8j2m5a56y1

:lmao

He’s a funny fucker. He’s really played up to that Boring Milner tag, and I love the fact Yorkshire Tea send him personalised boxes.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: March 16, 2020, 12:37:33 pm »
He’s a funny fucker. He’s really played up to that Boring Milner tag, and I love the fact Yorkshire Tea send him personalised boxes.

Milner looks left hand dominant from that vid, wonder if he writes with his left as well, but is right foot dominant in football.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 12:55:52 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Sheffield

• Boys Pen

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2901 on: March 18, 2020, 01:26:19 am »
Milner looks left hand dominant from that vid, wonder if he writes with his left as well, but is right foot dominant in football.

He irons with his right hand. Hmm.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2902 on: March 18, 2020, 01:43:54 am »
Yeah, I thought he would be a decent signing but he's turned out to be much more than that. Gary McAllister was an excellent addition for us on a free, Milner's been on another level.

Seem to remember being very pleased but not in the camp of 'going to be better than McAllister'. Been an enjoyable ride in being proved wrong.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2903 on: March 18, 2020, 01:46:39 am »
He is everything about us.

edited.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 01:50:05 am by Filler. »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2904 on: March 18, 2020, 11:38:10 am »
Milner looks left hand dominant from that vid, wonder if he writes with his left as well
This has sinister implications...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2905 on: March 18, 2020, 11:48:11 am »

He bats and bowls right-handed.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2906 on: March 18, 2020, 07:15:59 pm »
Now he's trimming his lawn. :lmao

https://www.instagram.com/p/B913Zh6F_5G/
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Cohiba

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #2907 on: March 19, 2020, 07:30:26 pm »
We are so blessed to have him in our club, and just what you need to keep spirits up!

James Milner, the best free player ever in football history.
Every great achievement
Was believed to be impossible at one time

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #2908 on: March 19, 2020, 07:35:55 pm »
James Milner, the best free player ever in football history.

....er.....how much did we pay for Steven Gerrard?
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2909 on: March 20, 2020, 03:41:46 pm »
Free transfer

Offline Insole Petrol

• Main Stander
  • What we do in this life echoes in eternity
« Reply #2910 on: March 21, 2020, 10:44:51 am »
Unbelievable business - did we ever see if working out this well? What a player, a recent legend no doubt about it
‘And you can sit there and play with your silly machines as much as you like...’

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2911 on: March 24, 2020, 08:33:12 pm »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2912 on: March 24, 2020, 08:55:13 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline jc2002

• Main Stander
« Reply #2913 on: March 25, 2020, 11:32:16 am »
Forgive the ignorance but what's the Fabio reference?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: March 25, 2020, 12:03:18 pm »
Forgive the ignorance but what's the Fabio reference?

CAPello. 

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2915 on: March 25, 2020, 02:28:01 pm »
....er.....how much did we pay for Steven Gerrard?

Why we didnt pay for Gerrard is not the same reason as why we didnt pay for Milner.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2917 on: April 13, 2020, 06:18:56 pm »
The latest in Milly's efforts to keep busy during the lock-down  :P

https://twitter.com/JamesMilner/status/1249744177807622144?s=20

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2918 on: April 14, 2020, 01:22:01 am »
The latest in Milly's efforts to keep busy during the lock-down  :P

https://twitter.com/JamesMilner/status/1249744177807622144?s=20
Good to see he appreciates the gravelty of the situation
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2919 on: April 26, 2020, 04:21:36 pm »
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.