Author Topic: MotorBike - Scooter Alarms ? Advice on buying one... Thanks  (Read 696 times)

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
I did search for a topic (none)... thought about 'cars & mechanics thread'... but it's a bike/scooter & alarm  ;D   .. Sorry if i'm clogging up the threads..  ::)

Mate of mine has a 125cc scooter thingy (honda i think) fairly new, chained to his wall under front window.. anyway some local scrotes have tried to have it off a few times  :no
he chased 2 of them a few weeks ago at 2am.. you know them, all in black 'sports wear'... hoodies.
i was thinking he should get a bike alarm that goes off if the bike is moved ?..
had a web search but there are loads so it's better to ask here.. maybe you have one or have advice on buying one.
any pointers be great... Thanks Hixx  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
Re: MotorBike - Scooter Alarms ? Advice on buying one... Thanks
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:09:17 pm »
The only downside to them is that the alarms sometimes go off in the wind or whatnot, but it sounds like a smart idea to me. The local shitehawks will be back if they know it's there.

Some here with reviews;

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_group/alarmed%20disc%20lock

Also it's worth investing in a  premium chain (if he hasn't already), one that'll take a while to grind off and can't just be cropped like a lot of the cheap ones can. Even the "Thatcham rated" ones.

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=57

If you do all that, chances are the local yoofs will move on and rob some other poor bastard's bike instead.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 08:55:05 pm »
Take no prisoners.

Wire one of these to the handlebars.

Set up a camera to record the fun and make money on youtube with the resultant videos.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 09:09:22 pm »
Seeing as he wants the alarm as a notifier, something like the datatool Evo would do, around £80 from ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=datatool+evo&_sacat=0.  However, these are only for 12v systems, so he'd need to check his bike is not 6v. First off though, tell him to get an almax chain, the little c*nts won't get that off - alarms don't bother these low life twats, but proper chains do. Just make sure he is careful chasing these fuckers, they are known to use acid.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 11:17:16 pm »
Thanks for quick replies...  8)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."