• We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Ants
« on: July 2, 2020, 01:17:10 pm »
We have ants.

There are lots of them.

We want to make them go away.

We tried 'NIPPON'.

'NIPPON' didn't work.

Can anyone recommend any way of getting rid of ants without using 'NIPPON'?

Thants.

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Re: Ants
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2020, 01:19:18 pm »
One of these as a pet might do it Roy...

Failing that, perhaps bonjela?

;)
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2020, 01:23:22 pm »
Bants.

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2020, 01:24:57 pm »
You obviously need something that will stand and deliver.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4 on: July 2, 2020, 01:25:43 pm »
I bought something from Robert Dyas a couple of years back. It’s like a little block of something (looks like one of those toilet fresheners) that ants go mad for, take it back to their nest and then it kills them all. Possibly a bit mean but meh, there’s millions of them to go around, what’s one empty nest under your kitchen?

This was the one: https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/home-defence-ant-stop-bait-stations

Not to be confused with Babe Station but I find keeping that on 24/7 also does the trick.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2020, 01:27:31 pm by BIG DICK NICK »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: July 2, 2020, 01:26:29 pm »
Depending on the size of the nest a shit load of boiling water can work wonders.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 2, 2020, 01:26:54 pm »
I have the exact same problem. In the hot summer when the eggs hatch in their nest it is a nightmare.

There is a route in and out somewhere. I have two areas in my kitchen, and it is a tiny pinhole crack in the plaster by a door architrave which I will need to fill in. That is one of the routes in. I have tried finding the nests but no luck. I haven't found the second route in which i fear is behind my new kitchen cabinets I only had put in last year. Keep hunting, they reproduce at a rapid rate so powders and other gimmicks are no permanent solution.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 2, 2020, 01:57:09 pm »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 2, 2020, 02:25:48 pm »
I bought something from Robert Dyas a couple of years back. It’s like a little block of something (looks like one of those toilet fresheners) that ants go mad for, take it back to their nest and then it kills them all. Possibly a bit mean but meh, there’s millions of them to go around, what’s one empty nest under your kitchen?

This was the one: https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/home-defence-ant-stop-bait-stations

Not to be confused with Babe Station but I find keeping that on 24/7 also does the trick.

:D

Thants mate. I'm trying that.

I did once see Jim in the all-but-altogether in a hotel room but thinking about being 'on him' again is quite traumatic.

But thants.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9 on: July 2, 2020, 02:35:03 pm »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 2, 2020, 03:48:58 pm »
I've just checked, I don't have ants in my pants. But I do have ants in my plants. Growing a nice bed of lettuce at the moment in the garden and they seem to be hovering around that area

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11 on: July 2, 2020, 04:52:51 pm »
Roy, you could get all arty and creative and try doing this...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IGJ2jMZ-gaI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IGJ2jMZ-gaI</a>

Or instead, if you feeling particularly brutish, do as I and some chums did when aged about 10 (to my eternal shame) and gather a few magnifying glasses and position them around the entrance hole in a semi circle to ensure they catch the Sun as it traverses the sky and continually focus the death ray on the ants as they emerge.

Be aware though, that possibly some day, our alien masters may return and do exactly the same things to us...

;D

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 2, 2020, 07:01:10 pm »
Just remembered watching this movie as a kid. ;D So apparently you can use a bazooka.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v4URRp39XOo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v4URRp39XOo</a>
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 3, 2020, 09:36:29 am »
I've just checked, I don't have ants in my pants. But I do have ants in my plants. Growing a nice bed of lettuce at the moment in the garden and they seem to be hovering around that area
Theyll be waiting for the bugs that will be coming to eat your lettuce.  Ants love black and green fly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 3, 2020, 09:56:39 am »
Theyll be waiting for the bugs that will be coming to eat your lettuce.  Ants love black and green fly.

Ours are farming aphids. I love them really... but they've got a run into the wall behind our kitchen now and that's where the line gets drawn... :(

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 3, 2020, 10:04:41 am »
50% white vinegar
50% water
And spray
mines a pint

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #16 on: July 3, 2020, 10:19:43 am »
Ours are farming aphids. I love them really...

The more you study them, the more fascinating they are.

Years ago when we were first married, we lived near Burnham Beeches and would often go for a Sunday walk there.

Aside from the Stag beetles, there are some magnificent wood ant colonies in there, huge mounds of tiny twigs piled on top smelling quite strongly of Formic acid, and somewhat aggressive if you poked them.

They are much bigger than your average garden ants and have even been recorded as bringing down and dismantling wood mice that have been foolish enough to blunder into their nest area.

Sadly, there don't seem to be any around this area in Devon that I'm aware of but I think you have them up in your place, they're certainly in some parts of the Highlands.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 3, 2020, 10:47:07 am »
Yeah they are a pain when they get in the house as they're literally everywhere.  It's only happened on a couple of occasions here usually if sugar has been spilt and not fully cleaned up but an ant spray has always done the trick.

Ants are amazing creatures and so focused on their work I've watched them carrying huge loads back to the nest oblivious of terrain or obstacles.

If you know where they're getting in try a decoy of sugar away from their route whilst you fill in the entry hole.

Best of luck anyway mate.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #18 on: July 3, 2020, 12:18:00 pm »
I did once see Jim in the all-but-altogether in a hotel room but thinking about being 'on him' again is quite traumatic.

But thants.
You swore you'd keep that a secret! Mind you, I wasn't the one wearing a skirt.......some things can never be unseen........

Hope you work it all out though - might want to watch this film for some advice!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1-7-IVT2Tbg/flash]<br /><br /><br />https://www.youtube.com/v/Bcs3_b3VXSU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1-7-IVT2Tbg/flash]<br /><br /><br />https://www.youtube.com/v/Bcs3_b3VXSU</a>
« Last Edit: July 3, 2020, 12:23:31 pm by 24∗7 »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19 on: July 3, 2020, 01:38:50 pm »
Roy, you could get all arty and creative and try doing this...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IGJ2jMZ-gaI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IGJ2jMZ-gaI</a>

Or instead, if you feeling particularly brutish, do as I and some chums did when aged about 10 (to my eternal shame) and gather a few magnifying glasses and position them around the entrance hole in a semi circle to ensure they catch the Sun as it traverses the sky and continually focus the death ray on the ants as they emerge.

Be aware though, that possibly some day, our alien masters may return and do exactly the same things to us...

;D

Mars Attack cards! One of the highlights of my eight year old self.

Only bettered by the American Civil War cards which, if my memory is correct, were banned due to graphic violence. Illegal and violent trebled their swap value overnight

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #20 on: July 7, 2020, 01:23:21 pm »
I have the exact same problem. In the hot summer when the eggs hatch in their nest it is a nightmare.

There is a route in and out somewhere. I have two areas in my kitchen, and it is a tiny pinhole crack in the plaster by a door architrave which I will need to fill in. That is one of the routes in. I have tried finding the nests but no luck. I haven't found the second route in which i fear is behind my new kitchen cabinets I only had put in last year. Keep hunting, they reproduce at a rapid rate so powders and other gimmicks are no permanent solution.

Dust some flour onto the floor and the next morning you'll have little trails that lead to and from their point of entry.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #21 on: July 7, 2020, 01:30:19 pm »
Have you tried asking them to leave?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 8, 2020, 09:09:14 pm »
To stop ants from coming into your house sprinkle a line of talc at the entry point,not sure why or how it works but the little bastards refuse to cross it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #23 on: July 8, 2020, 09:13:26 pm »
You can tell a male and female ant apart.

Male ants float.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24 on: July 8, 2020, 11:38:49 pm »
You can tell a male and female ant apart.

Male ants float.

You’re thinking of witches.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 8, 2020, 11:43:42 pm »
You’re thinking of witches.
No I’m not.

They’re boy ant
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 9, 2020, 04:26:23 pm »
Ahh finally a thread where I can share my pain. The little bastards have a nest in my kitchen behind one of the skirting boards. I tried sugar and bicarbonate soda mix to kill them, didnt work. Tried some cheap poison from The Range, didnt work. Now, when the bastards come out in their masses I hoover them up, go to the back of the garden and tip them out, much to my amusement they start crawling about and no doubt find their way back in to my kitchen. It’s a crazy almost daily cycle but whilst I’m unemployed it keeps me busy. Good luck, Roy. Let us know how you get on.

Ps some of the ants have formed wings. I shit my pants when I first saw that, thought they had mutated in my kitchen but turns out it’s normal.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 9, 2020, 04:40:44 pm »
No I’m not.

They’re boy ant
Oh come on

No body???!

:(
W

Offline joe buck

• Kopite
  • La La La La La Goose Goose Goose Goose.
« Reply #28 on: July 9, 2020, 04:51:57 pm »
50% white vinegar
50% water
And spray
right thats me chips sorted what about them fuckin ants

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #29 on: July 9, 2020, 05:18:07 pm »

These have always worked for us in the past.
JFT97

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 9, 2020, 06:18:29 pm »
Oh come on

No body???!

:(

Oh FFS.  ;D

Your jokes are like flying ants.... they go right over everyones head.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2020, 06:20:17 pm by Just Elmo? »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31 on: July 9, 2020, 06:22:44 pm »
Oh FFS.  ;D

Your jokes are like flying ants...

...you only see them once a year and they piss everyone off.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 9, 2020, 06:26:41 pm »
...you only see them once a year and they piss everyone off.

Whereas your jokes are like mosquitoes.... you can't get away from them and potentially make you very ill.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #33 on: July 9, 2020, 06:41:20 pm »
Whereas your jokes are like mosquitoes.... you can't get away from them and potentially make you very ill.

Fair.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #34 on: July 9, 2020, 07:41:55 pm »
And they always involve a little prick.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #35 on: July 9, 2020, 08:03:45 pm »
And they always involve a little prick.

Also fair.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 9, 2020, 08:14:13 pm »
Harsh
W

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2020, 11:03:51 pm »
The formula is doing the job... but I don’t like seeing them in distress. Poor wee buggers. They’ve had it I think.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2020, 11:04:44 pm »
You’ve murdered them with a nerve agent...

It’s basically a war crime against ants..

Deal with it ;D
W

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2020, 05:14:58 pm »
God I can’t shake that exact thought. It’s horrible.

They started trying mass escapes with big ones with wings carrying eggs... I just dusted them with the horrible red powder. So bad.