Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3305224 times)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #24200 on: September 23, 2020, 09:12:54 pm »
Just listened to that Desert Island Goals, it was brilliant and I went straight to YouTube after to watch several videos of the City match! It was definitely one of the best away ends I've ever been in, I could watch videos of it forever.

Absolutely brilliant podcast. Damien Kavanagh is a treasure, always so engaging and insightful.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #24201 on: September 24, 2020, 12:05:20 am »
I like TAW because it is a show by grown-ups for grown-ups.  There are moments of silliness of course, but it never lowers itself to "bantz". It's also capable of addressing properly weighty topics with great sensitivity.

A lot of other football podcasts are pure sky-sports generation horseshit.  Utterly cringe-worthy.  We are pretty lucky as Liverpool fans to have TAW as our go-to podcast.  I don't like everything they put out, but they are still miles ahead of the rest.
Yep.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #24202 on: September 24, 2020, 11:39:05 am »
Absolutely brilliant podcast. Damien Kavanagh is a treasure, always so engaging and insightful.

Brilliant. He sounds to me like an above average nice guy.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24203 on: September 24, 2020, 11:58:10 am »
I haven't really got into the videos much until now but it's interesting to see the stats graphics when they are thrown up.
The quality of the videos watching through the website is good.
Neil's wallpaper is very nice too - and Kav's Teddy bear with it's halfnhalf bobble hat  ;D

Offline PaulSenior

• Main Stander
  • And its off to the match we go...
« Reply #24204 on: September 24, 2020, 09:54:52 pm »
What`s happening with Paul Senior? Has he been on lately? Needs to be on more.

Thanks for this, nice to know somebody missed me for the last 6 months or so haha!

I was back today on Friday show  :)

Hope you’re all doing well here.
@PaulSenior1

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24205 on: September 25, 2020, 02:47:26 am »
The second 7-2 this month !   ;D

From Karl on the pink

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #24206 on: September 25, 2020, 08:30:15 am »
The 5 things we learnt just gave me a good laugh to start the day. Great stuff ;D

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #24207 on: September 25, 2020, 09:35:51 am »
The Molby goal made me laugh because my mate’s dad used to call me Norman whenever we played in the garden because he must have thought I was a dirty bastard. :D This was when he’d just moved to Everton I think.

I can remember listening to a crackly old radio commentary off that game with my brother. Think I’d have been 6 or 7. Lovely bit of nostalgia!
“The Lawnmower” DK’s dad’s nickname for big Jan :lmao

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24208 on: September 25, 2020, 10:18:23 am »
Enjoyed Lizzie on the Gutter shouting “I’m doing a show but I’m on mute”  ;D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #24209 on: September 25, 2020, 09:32:59 pm »
"The Mick Hucknall of Branston"
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #24210 on: September 26, 2020, 05:16:02 pm »
Another shout for Damian Kavanagh's Desert Island Goals. Bring back WWCH with him.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #24211 on: September 26, 2020, 07:13:59 pm »
yeah DK was absolutely fantastic - what an amazing roguish 'raconteur'

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #24212 on: September 26, 2020, 08:09:51 pm »
Should've signed Werner...
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #24213 on: September 26, 2020, 10:43:19 pm »
Really enjoyed the kit design section in the Weekender... something about the level of planning and design that intrigued and went beyond the fan platitudes

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24214 on: September 27, 2020, 01:50:37 am »
Amen to this.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24215 on: September 27, 2020, 10:11:41 am »
Big fan of Damian. My only gripe is the continued mispronunciation of his surname. ;)

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24216 on: September 27, 2020, 01:44:57 pm »

Yep, a cracker that.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #24217 on: September 28, 2020, 01:20:21 pm »
Another shout for Damian Kavanagh's Desert Island Goals. Bring back WWCH with him.

I'd second this.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24218 on: September 28, 2020, 07:44:17 pm »
Any HotMic for the Arsenal game by any chance? Pretty please?

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24219 on: September 28, 2020, 08:14:34 pm »
Answering my own question: Yes, it's on! Good stuff!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #24220 on: September 29, 2020, 08:28:47 pm »
Might be one for technology forum but just got a cellular Apple Watch and trying to sync my podcasts. It’s not finding my TAW podcasts. Is this because it’s behind a paywall or...?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #24221 on: September 29, 2020, 08:31:18 pm »
Might be one for technology forum but just got a cellular Apple Watch and trying to sync my podcasts. It’s not finding my TAW podcasts. Is this because it’s behind a paywall or...?
Doesn't it sync from your phone? (I presume you're using the Apple podcast app not TAW Player)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #24222 on: September 30, 2020, 07:09:54 am »
Doesn't it sync from your phone? (I presume you're using the Apple podcast app not TAW Player)
Yeah. Just not picking up the TAW stuff. Other podcasts are fine.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24223 on: October 1, 2020, 10:21:43 am »
Enjoyed the Arsenal fan’s view on the Team Talk, apart from the Mané moan he sounded very level headed. Mad accent though, was he Irish or American? Couldn’t figure it out!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24224 on: October 1, 2020, 10:34:51 pm »
That other lad on the latest transfer show. Still question marks over FSG.....
Pleased with this summer’s business, but all about next summer now. At least try to apply some context.

Too much on the Echo too, it’s dreadful. The Wrap are fully part of the media establishment now which is a shame.

EDIT: Neil did add some balance to the FSG remarks with a pretty spot on summary. Although I do have to take issue with trying to justify online clickbait headlines with the point that tempting headlines have been around for 200 years.

There's a huge difference between a headline in traditional print media that you've probably already paid for and a clickbait headline online designed for clicks and directly linked to ad revenue. There's also a wider margin than ever between the actual news content of an article and the headline - especially in the Echo.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2020, 11:46:42 am by Charlie Adams fried egg »

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24225 on: October 1, 2020, 11:42:24 pm »
Hannan giving Harry Wilson a hammering on social media tonight.

It's almost as if Pep Lijnders wasted his breath.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #24226 on: October 1, 2020, 11:59:53 pm »
There he is. I said i’m glad we won’t have to have the Harry Wilson coming back from loan and doing a job convo anymore because he’ll leave soon. I think he is shite - relatively speaking. On my own personal Twitter, kit Kat shuffler. I’m happy for others to disagree. I’m a footy fan and it’s an opinion, but it’s something you might hear in the pub after every single game. Don’t let it bother you.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2020, 12:01:44 am by craiglfc7 »

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24227 on: October 2, 2020, 12:12:14 am »
There he is. I said i’m glad we won’t have to have the Harry Wilson coming back from loan and doing a job convo anymore because he’ll leave soon. I think he is shite - relatively speaking. On my own personal Twitter, kit Kat shuffler. I’m happy for others to disagree. I’m a footy fan and it’s an opinion, but it’s something you might hear in the pub after every single game. Don’t let it bother you.
Your own personal account has 15,000 subscribers.  It has that many subscribers because you're "Craig off The Anfield Wrap".  So I don't accept that you can compartmentalise things in the way you would like.

You might want to shrug and say "it's no different to pub chatter" but that's nonsense really, isn't it?  Pub chatter doesn't get broadcast to the world.

It's super convenient to give it the big "be kind" and "it's a disgrace" when it's a 19 year old but as soon as you hit 23 it's open season, right?

And it doesn't "bother me", Craig.  But it might bother a lad who's only ever done his best for the club, and that might not turn out to be good enough, but it doesn't make it alright to slag him off to your 15,000 followers.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #24228 on: October 2, 2020, 06:50:10 am »
Your own personal account has 15,000 subscribers.  It has that many subscribers because you're "Craig off The Anfield Wrap".  So I don't accept that you can compartmentalise things in the way you would like.

You might want to shrug and say "it's no different to pub chatter" but that's nonsense really, isn't it?  Pub chatter doesn't get broadcast to the world.

It's super convenient to give it the big "be kind" and "it's a disgrace" when it's a 19 year old but as soon as you hit 23 it's open season, right?

And it doesn't "bother me", Craig.  But it might bother a lad who's only ever done his best for the club, and that might not turn out to be good enough, but it doesn't make it alright to slag him off to your 15,000 followers.

I agree with this, its no crime for a young player not to make the grade with the club but there is no need to call him garbage. Also, coming on from what happened to Neco, it just lacks judgement as well. It's bad enough that even the players who are good enough, get crap thrown at them by people on the bounce straight after a game. But its poor when it happens like this, as it gives others a free target to say much worse things and for them to feel they have some sort of right to say it. Poor all round.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #24229 on: October 2, 2020, 07:12:34 am »
I agree with this, its no crime for a young player not to make the grade with the club but there is no need to call him garbage. Also, coming on from what happened to Neco, it just lacks judgement as well. It's bad enough that even the players who are good enough, get crap thrown at them by people on the bounce straight after a game. But its poor when it happens like this, as it gives others a free target to say much worse things and for them to feel they have some sort of right to say it. Poor all round.

Absolutely agree with this.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24230 on: October 2, 2020, 07:26:17 am »

You've let it bother you. And you've let people calling you out on it bother you.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #24231 on: October 2, 2020, 08:59:42 am »
6/7 people can call me out and I responded to each in a measured way haha Look I tweeted immediately after match giving my opinion on a player I don’t rate who is going to leave this window after 3 loan spells. That’s the end of it, it’ll be forgotten tomorrow and I’m sure he’ll be fine.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2020, 09:04:32 am by craiglfc7 »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24232 on: October 2, 2020, 09:19:56 am »
I haven’t seen the abuse Neco got on Twitter but can imagine having seen enough Twitter shite over the years!

Targeting someone personally is quite different to offering an opinion that a player isn’t good enough for us (although the garbage shout is a bit harsh :D ).

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24233 on: October 4, 2020, 10:11:08 pm »
Except the mad games like Fulham away and dortmund at home where Gibbo is topples , TAW podcasts have always peaked when we've lashed in a shit performance. No pressure now
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #24234 on: October 5, 2020, 09:28:41 am »
Thought the Pink and the Pint were a nice tonic to that.

I expect a loss to Everton will see a return of Neils '11 bastards' routine and a more sobering look at the match, but the reaction was spot on last night.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2020, 09:33:40 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #24235 on: October 5, 2020, 09:58:13 am »
Thought the Pink and the Pint were a nice tonic to that.

I expect a loss to Everton will see a return of Neils '11 bastards' routine and a more sobering look at the match, but the reaction was spot on last night.

I think the Post-Match Show was a pretty accurate reflection of how I felt after the game and it's great to have Senior back. Ben Johnson was great on The Post-Match Pint, he always has me laughing like a loon.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24236 on: October 5, 2020, 12:56:33 pm »
The post match show really summed up my thoughts.   I had said the same thing as Dan in that I would have been more annoyed if we had lost 2-0 or 3-1.  It got to the stage where you just had to laugh.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24237 on: October 5, 2020, 01:29:45 pm »
Remember John's interview with the guy from Lost Stock many months ago? My items arrived today :) it was worth the wait.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #24238 on: October 5, 2020, 01:34:23 pm »
The post match show really summed up my thoughts.   I had said the same thing as Dan in that I would have been more annoyed if we had lost 2-0 or 3-1.  It got to the stage where you just had to laugh.

I said something similar last night, imagine losing to a 98th winner after leading, that would really piss you off. We all take results like last night differently, and when the 7th went in it was weird but I just laughed!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #24239 on: October 5, 2020, 02:16:31 pm »
I'm still laughing randomly at Adrian for that Watkins effort off the bar.

Honestly, it might be the highlight of 2020, that. You can literally see the moment where he thinks; "Oooooh, I've fucked this...".

I didn't think I'd ever see Bogdan diving out of the way at Old Trafford beaten for sheer ridiculousness, but here we are. 2020, you continue to be a hell of a ride.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854